From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

3lbs off!!! 5st 2lb gone so far. Sooo happy! Now off to ASDA Xxx

Sorry its late Bev, I was offline yesterday :) . AMAAAAAAAAZING !! :party0019: whoop whoop ! Sooooooo happy for you :party0011: I knew you'd do it !! Well done on your 5 stone loss ! I can't see the sticker in your signature ? :p The syns are really working for you, which is such good news, you've had some lovely meals this week and the pf has been visiting you too, so having the calories within the plan is working for you. It's so good to know that we can eat and enjoy our food and still lose weight. I hope next week your sticking with the same, I'm sure the good losses will continue. Hope your having a fab day hun ! :p

Kay xx

Feeling so disappointed in myself this morning. I got really grumpy after the burger went wrong and ended up having a mini-binge. I say mini because really it was only 2 choc digestive biscuits, about 6 of those chewy cola bottle sweets and one of those little packets of parma violets (tiny sweets). In total it was easily under 300 calories (so under 15 syns), so as long as I'm good for the rest of the week I should be ok on the scales. It's just the lack of control I hate, I didn't even enjoy it! :rolleyes:

Then after the 'binge' I got kinda down on myself about my weight. Sounds daft but when I was at my biggest I didn't think about it much. I was completely detached from my body in a way, I'd just fuel it on rubbish and not care about the consequences. Anyway, now I feel a lot more at peace with myself, but at the same time I'm much more aware of how big I am. I know I'm nowhere near like I was before, but I definitely feel more body conscious if that makes sense. I know I look better, but I still feel fat. Which is fair enough really, I AM fat, but I guess after losing 5 stone I didn't expect to feel like that.

I'm sure these next couple of stones are going to have a massive impact on how I look and feel in myself. That's the best bit about weight loss, the more we lose the bigger the impact each pound has on how we look. I just wonder if I'll ever get to the stage where I feel truly happy with myself.

-------------------------------------

Anyway, line drawn and back on plan today. No point focussing on the negative, I've come a long way and although I've got a long way left to go I'm going to do it! :)

It's a gorgeous day today in Yorkshire, really don't feel like studying with the sun shining outside but it's got to be done. The landlord is popping round in a bit to fix something, but soon as he's been think I'm going in the garden to study outside. Its too nice to be cooped up!

Week 30, Day 6 - Red
Breakfast - Grapes
Lunch - wm base (2 x hexb) pizza with cheese (2 x hexa), tomato and onion
Snack - Cadburys caramel - 9.5 syns
Tea - Salad
Dessert - Banana, squirty cream (2 syns) and caramel sauce (3 syns) - 5 syns
Total - 14.5 syns

Might not have the chicken and bacon roll later if I'm feeling full up still, will see how it goes. The salad is a decent size in itself so might not need it. I always find after I've weighed in and the day after I eat more than I do the rest of the week! Anyone else find that?

---

Rochelle - Yeah I think the oven is the way to go, he fried them and although they looked well cooked on the outside they obviously didn't cook through! Burger press sounds like a good idea too, when Chris makes them they look like boulders, LOL! x

Mrs Ginger - Thanks hunny! Hope you're having a lovely weekend x

GillJo
- Thanks hun, I'm not always positive and have my moments like last night, but really try to focus on the good stuff when it comes to weight loss. It's an incredible journey and makes sense to enjoy that journey as much as possible :) x

Intoxicate - Thanks hun, I'm sooo relieved. Got absolutely sick to death of the small losses, so glad I've got a decent number at last. It's crazy to think last week I lost 50% MORE than I lost in the last THREE weeks though, WTF!! :confused: x

Kay - Thanks mi dears, hope you had a nice time yesterday! The reason for no sticker is the fact I didn't start SW until after I'd already lost my first stone, so I've only 'officially' lost 4st with SW. It's annoying always being a stone behind though!

I'm so glad I don't have to change things around just yet. I'm sure when I'm nearer target I'll need to change to red days and things, but with so much left to lose I don't want to have to do that just yet! Just hope I get a decent loss next week and then I'll feel like things are back on track again. Hows your week going so far? Feeling positive for Tue? xx

Last edited:
Aww Hun, I know exactly what you mean about being upset with yourself. I am always exactly the same, it's the lack of control and the disgust I feel at myself! It makes me feel very down, like I have lost all this weight for nothing because I'm still a fat person in my head! It's annoying, you just have to fight those thoughts off and move on.
Your binge wasn't bad, could have been much worse but I know what you mean, the feelings are still the same.
With the burgers though, you could have shoved them in the oven for a bit, even though theyed been fried off! Might have got a bit well done but would have cooked the inside. Mine used to look like big meatballs before I bought the burger press lol it presses out all the air pockets and makes them nice and flat. It was only £3 off ebay.

It's a sunny day here too! going to have lunch and walk my dogs. Xx

I think you hit the nail on the head with how I'm feeing too. Even tho I've lost some weight and I'm smaller than I was, I'm still big and it gets me down sometimes. I tend to be happy when I'm losing weight and feel good about myself when something fits better or looks better, but then that almost tricks my mind that I'm slim and then I see a photo or I wear something unflattering and realise I'm still big. It's hard.

Don't be harsh on yourself about the mini binge! It was under syns anyway! Well done for drawing a line :) x

Kay - Thanks mi dears, hope you had a nice time yesterday! The reason for no sticker is the fact I didn't start SW until after I'd already lost my first stone, so I've only 'officially' lost 4st with SW. It's annoying always being a stone behind though!

I'm so glad I don't have to change things around just yet. I'm sure when I'm nearer target I'll need to change to red days and things, but with so much left to lose I don't want to have to do that just yet! Just hope I get a decent loss next week and then I'll feel like things are back on track again. Hows your week going so far? Feeling positive for Tue? xx

Hey Bev :), don't worry about the mini binge hun, you have the whole week ahead of you to drink lots of water and pack in lots of superfree, a few cals here and there won't make much of a difference. I think this coming week Bev I'm going to change gear. Last week was only 1.5 and after last nights Indian, I'm not hopeful about Tuesday at all. My scales show a 1lb gain today :rolleyes:. I can't afford for these slow losses anymore. I still have another 4 stones to go and I have made it my aim that by Christmas this year I want get to target, that was my plan last Christmas too but things got in the way. I can't keep delaying things anymore for myself, it has to be this year :) . One of my mins friends on here `Von' has really spurred me on, she is doing fantastically well. She's just posted on my diary about what she's doing on the plan, she lost 6lbs this week :eek: and last month she lost 15lbs ! :eek: I am also encouraged by the lovely weather we are having. It's the perfect for salads and gym :p. Going to go red days from Tuesday and start monitoring my water intake more closely. I want to make sure I am taking 3L a day, some days I do only 1L which I know is terrible. Hope the combination of red, plus gym, plus water, spells weight loss :p . Hope your having a fab Sunday hun and hope you have another smashing loss next week ! :)

Kay xx

:flowers::flowers::flowers:Hi Bev. I think you are being too hard on yourself hun. I mean, compare what you had in your "binge" to what you used to have and I bet its still so much better than before! I totally get what you mean about how you're feeling about it but I really think you've come such a long way, and your tiny (cuz thats what it was!) blowout isn't going to ruin all of your hard work. I kinda think its good to give in to food urges sometimes, the more you deny yourself a certain food the more you want it, so when you finally do have it you have tons! But you didn't, you just had a few little treats that probably didn't even put you over your syns so I think you're very much in control.

Have a great day babe, chin up! xx

Aww Hun, I know exactly what you mean about being upset with yourself. I am always exactly the same, it's the lack of control and the disgust I feel at myself! It makes me feel very down, like I have lost all this weight for nothing because I'm still a fat person in my head! It's annoying, you just have to fight those thoughts off and move on.
Your binge wasn't bad, could have been much worse but I know what you mean, the feelings are still the same.
With the burgers though, you could have shoved them in the oven for a bit, even though theyed been fried off! Might have got a bit well done but would have cooked the inside. Mine used to look like big meatballs before I bought the burger press lol it presses out all the air pockets and makes them nice and flat. It was only £3 off ebay.

It's a sunny day here too! going to have lunch and walk my dogs. Xx

Hope you had a lovely day Rochelle. I feel exactly the same as you do. By most standards its not even really a binge but it makes me feel like I'm back to square one! X

Hey Bev :), don't worry about the mini binge hun, you have the whole week ahead of you to drink lots of water and pack in lots of superfree, a few cals here and there won't make much of a difference. I think this coming week Bev I'm going to change gear. Last week was only 1.5 and after last nights Indian, I'm not hopeful about Tuesday at all. My scales show a 1lb gain today :rolleyes:. I can't afford for these slow losses anymore. I still have another 4 stones to go and I have made it my aim that by Christmas this year I want get to target, that was my plan last Christmas too but things got in the way. I can't keep delaying things anymore for myself, it has to be this year :) . One of my mins friends on here `Von' has really spurred me on, she is doing fantastically well. She's just posted on my diary about what she's doing on the plan, she lost 6lbs this week :eek: and last month she lost 15lbs ! :eek: I am also encouraged by the lovely weather we are having. It's the perfect for salads and gym :p. Going to go red days from Tuesday and start monitoring my water intake more closely. I want to make sure I am taking 3L a day, some days I do only 1L which I know is terrible. Hope the combination of red, plus gym, plus water, spells weight loss :p . Hope your having a fab Sunday hun and hope you have another smashing loss next week ! :)

Kay xx

Ooh good luck with your new plan. Sounds like Von is doing amazing, hope the exercise and red days work just as well for you. If my losses slow down again I'll be joining you I think!

Hope you feel a bit better today and dont get quite as stressed. Its so hard not to get anxious when its something thats important to you. Xx

Hey hun, sorry I've been quiet recently! Had a lot going on! Huuuge well done for getting your 5 stone xx I've now just hit 22 lbs off since new year so it's going slowly x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Then after the 'binge' I got kinda down on myself about my weight. Sounds daft but when I was at my biggest I didn't think about it much. I was completely detached from my body in a way, I'd just fuel it on rubbish and not care about the consequences. Anyway, now I feel a lot more at peace with myself, but at the same time I'm much more aware of how big I am. I know I'm nowhere near like I was before, but I definitely feel more body conscious if that makes sense. I know I look better, but I still feel fat. Which is fair enough really, I AM fat, but I guess after losing 5 stone I didn't expect to feel like that.

You have taken the words out of my head!! I get exactly what you mean!! I was just trying to explain it to my OH then I came across your post! Glad I'm not the only one as he really didn't get it!! xx

I can sympathise with this! After about a two stone loss my size was getting me down but when I'd lose 2 and a half and now 3 and a half I feel loads better again. Don't get me wrong I still see an odd picture that's unflattering and feel a bit miffed but I try to remember how much bigger I was and know I'm doing my best to get it down further xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I totally understand what you were feeling.... I put almost all my weight on due to illness and no matter what I did it wouldn't come off.... it took years before my body would let go of any of the weight and I came to a point where I couldn't think about it without being severely depressed.... so I didn't think about it and it got worse.... I ended up with sleep apnoea and all sorts of aches and pains..... then coming up to my 50th birthday I knew I had to try again because to put it bluntly we die very young in my family ...... I had already lost 3 out of my 6 siblings and since then I have lost another.... I have lost a nephew as well.... so to give myself any chance of being around to look after my son I needed to make the best choices possible....

One thing I have to point out is that even at your heaviest you were more beautiful than most women will ever be.... the picture you had on fb which I said was breath taking was like a young Sophia Lauren ...

Love you honey xx

Thanks for all the replies ladies. I'll get back to you properly tomorrow. Just popping in for a quick food update as I've just got in.

Week 30 - day 7 - ee
Breakfast - chewy d - hexb
Lunch - feta salad with olives - hexa +2 syns
Tea - chicken, potato, swede, carrots, gravy - 2 syns
Supper - mini bitesize brownie - 4 syns
Total - 8 syns

Sorry I've been absent but a massive, massive well done on losing a whopping 5 stone, sometimes the mental barriers are harder to overcome than the physical ones, it takes time to adjust how we see ourselves xx

Hey Bev. I just wanted to say thank you for being an inspiration. I went swimming tonight after 10 years and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't have had the courage to go had I not read your diary. Congrats on your 5 stone loss. You are doing amazingly!! I don't post in your diary a lot but I am always keeping up to date with it and it is so motivational. Hope your having a good week xxx

5st award OMG :D!!! Woohoo!!
So crapoy that theybdidnt have the certificate- maybe there is one you can print?

I get down about my size too which is ridiculous since I'm not even overweight anymore :rolleyes: you guys are probably sick of hearing it. It is hard to see what you have accomplished sometimes, like a cloud of fog... I have real issues when it comes to recognising what is real in the mirror and not as at my largest I didnt see myself as that big either. Photos and videos I trust more! I totally used to ignore it before and go to extreme lengths not to let people see bad pictures showing off my weight as I was in denial... Like they couldnt see.it in person lol? But yeah, not sure what I am getting at here... Often when we put on so much weight it is an act of unhappiness about ourselves that we are comfort eating to supress, so naturally it wont leave overnight ad we slim down, there is an emotional detox to be hsd somewhere too so that we can learn to love ourselves regardless of our image.
Ok I'll shush with all this lame stuff now ;) you are doing great and I can totally sympathise with your eagerness to get closer to goal, it's happening, we always want it faster once it is actually happening!! I cant believe what a pain in the ass the past few lbs have been for me, it is a real test of will power now lol! X

We are all crazy.... I was convinced I was fat when I was seven and a half stone..... mind you that wasn't yesterday :8855:

Back