From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Hey Bev :), I'm loving your new work shifts, its great that your getting time to fit gym into your routine. Well done on the low syn red days, think they will work fab giving you room for syns for your days out. Hope you have another 100% week on plan. I know its gonna be tough with your days out but I know you'll manage it and still come through with a loss, like you always do :D.

Kay xx

Thanks hun. Im loving the new work shifts, have so much more day left now when I get in! :)

Todays gonna be tough with all the eating out but arranged to meet my friend a bit later so i can have lunch at home. Otherwise id end up having to choose the healthiest option from an unhealthy menu and i always hate doing that!

Don't ache quite as much today which is good. If i've got time later after seeing my friends i might nip to the gym. Might not happen though as it depends on what time i get in x

Good plan about haing your lunch before meeting your friend, I tend to do that when I know an unhealthy option is the only choice.

Have a great day Bevvy! Xxx

Good plan about haing your lunch before meeting your friend, I tend to do that when I know an unhealthy option is the only choice.

Have a great day Bevvy! Xxx

You too hun. It's definitely a good idea, much harder to say no when you feel starving!

---

Just quickly popping in with my eats before I head out to see my friend this afternoon.

Week 34, Day 2 - Red
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Scrambled eggs on beef mushrooms
Snack - Muller
Tea - Bacon sarni (2 x hexb) with ketchup - 2 syns
Snack - Fruit salad, Millies cookie - 9.5 syns :eek:
Supper - 2 x mini babybels - hexa
Total - 11.5 syns

Scrambled eggs were meant to be cheesy but Chris forgot! Ah well, they were still yummy and if I fancy more babybels later I can have them guilt free!

Now just got to try and be super good for the rest of the day and stick to plan, at least I know I've got a few syns to play with if I need them! x

Last edited:
I would love a personal trainer too - but they are expensive. Now that you know what to do and what you like to do, its full steam ahead you dont need a PT - the classes are more than enough of a fat burning work out and if you want to do 10 mins on the treadmill afterwards then you can - I like the weight machines too - I really push myself on those.

Did you ever see Million Dollar Baby? I was told that for Hillary S**** to train for that, she did a Pyramid workout and it is basically doing the most amount of reps on a low weight until she hurt, then added another weight and did the same as many reps as she could until it hurt, then added another and repeat - the result is that you are on the machine for hours working at one particular muscle and then moving onto the next machine and doing the same the next session. I would love to give this a go, but then again, I would love to have the time and the money that Hillary S**** has TO give this a go!

Ooh how funny, i cannot believe the **** in S**** has been started out - that's ****ing **** if ever I ****ing heard it!!!

Just seen the pic bev, the difference is amazing, you should be very proud of yourself.

Well done on getting to the gym too, it's taken quite a few months for me but it's now harder to do nothing than it is to work out. If you quite like the weights side of things I'd recommend bodypump if your gym do it, it's low weight/high rep focussing on a whole body workout. Cardio is great for fitness but it's not so good for weight loss. I lift every day now and the inches are dropping off (and I no longer calorie count).

PT sessions are pricey, actually £25 is cheap down here, but a good PT is worth their weight in gold, without mine I wouldn't be where I am now. Definitely keep it in mind for the future :)

Just seen the comparison pics, Bev - what a transformation! You look fantastic! :D

I was having a conversation with a friend who has lost weight the other day and we said the same as you - as we lose more weight, we are more critical of our bodies and notice all the little flaws so much more. It's strange isn't it! But I suppose the upside to this is that it should make us more determined to lose the rest of the weight we need to. Although my friend is super mini now and hasn't got an ounce of fat on her, but she still wants to lose 6lbs... I'm not sure where she's going to lose it from! And she goes to the gym everyday so is building up muscle, so this will make her struggle even more. I just hope she doesn't take it too far. I really want her to see that she hasn't got 6lbs to lose! I live in hope...

But yeah, well done Bev! You look absolutely beautiful :) xx

Thanks guys, will reply tomorrow properly as I'm half asleep. Just popped on to update my food. Had a lovely afternoon and evening catching up with friends and seeing my Mum for her birthday. Managed to resist my friends burger and chips this afternoon and her cheesecake too! However tonight I did slip a little with a Millies cookie. It's 9.5 syns though so thankfully I'm still under. Really wanted a low syn week so I'm gonna be extra good from now on. Don't want to deprive myself all the time, it was nice to be able to indulge a little! :)

Ooh and plans have changed for tomorrow as my friend is ill unfortunately. Me and Chris are still gonna go to the carvery but in the evening instead, gonna hit the pool for an hour in the afternoon when I finish work. Much better than having to go and work out at 8pm, so I'll be giving the Boot Camp class a miss and swimming instead.

Hope you've all had a good day! I'll reply properly tomorrow and have a good old diary catch up xxx

Hey guys,

What a miserable, foggy Thursday! I'm just back from work and on my way home nipped for a dip in the pool. Fifty lengths later and I'm one tired and hungry lady. Thankfully I'm heading out for a yummy carvery soon, can't wait! Exercise really does make food taste even better! :D

Week 34, Day 3 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Snack - Banana, 2 x mini babybel - hexa
Lunch/Dinner - Carvery - Chicken, pork, gammon, peas, leeks, carrots, yorkshire (5 syns), mash (2 syns), roasties (4 syns), gravy (2 syns)
Supper - Grapes, muller
Total - 13 syns

Exercise
Walking - 30 mins
Swimming - 45 mins - 50 lengths :)

Last edited:
Hey love! Your diary is so full of positive energy :D inspiring!
I totally agree that classes (or wii games in my case hehe) are way more fun than machines! So impressed at your motivation :)
Weighing in bi monthly sounds great too- I think I'll follow in your footsteps there when I'm back as I hate feeling like exercise might retain water pre-WI! :rolleyes:

10lbs in a month is amazing! Keep it up kiddo!! X

Oh mannnnn, that carvery was beaut! I'm such a foodie, I was practically drooling as they were slicing the meat! :D Had a NSV moment as I seriously piled my plate up (it was my late lunch/early dinner after all!) and actually LEFT some. I gave Chris my Yorkshire as it was massive and swapped for his small one, then left some mash, parsnips and roasties! In the past I'd have just shovelled it all down regardless, so I'm proud of myself for actually listening to my body and realising I was full. Sounds like such a basic thing, but I never used to leave food on my plate. Next step is to stop myself from piling up food in the first place, I hate wasting stuff! :rolleyes:

The one thing I've noticed since starting this new exercise routine is just how good I feel in myself. Yeah diet alone can drop the pounds, but I don't remember feeling this alive before. Yey for endorphins! :) Swim today was brill, as it won't leave me achey like the weights I should be fine to work out tomorrow too!

---

Charley - Yess, Million Dollar Baby is awesome and Hillary Sw*nk (WTF @ censorship!) looked amazing! I'll have to remember that pyramid technique, sounds like a really good way to train. Bet it'd hurt like a b*tch the next day though! Will try and give it a go tomorrow if I have the time :)

Jody - Thanks for the recommendation hun and for the lovely comments, I've booked into a pump class next Tuesday! Looking forward to it!

Glad you're enjoying the gym and the fact it gets addictive is definitely a good thing for me, determined to get into that 'must exercise' mentality. I've dodged the gym for far too long, now I've started and loving it I just wish I'd got going sooner! Ah well!

I'd love a PT in the future as reallt enjoyed my trial session, will definitely have to wait till I'm qualified and can afford it, but can see how motivational it must be. It's crazy that £25 for a PT is seen as cheap where you are! Guess that's my stingy Yorkshireness shining through! :D;)

Danielle - Aww thanks hun. I really hope your friend realises she doesn't need to lose any more weight too, I guess our targets are so personal to us though that we're our own harshest critics. I just hope as we get closer to target we start liking our bodies more again!

Soph - Hey hun, thanks for stopping by, I know how busy you must be with all the prep for your amazing trip! I'm really loving the fortnightly WI as I just feel so much more relaxed. I always freak out the day before WI and just wanted less of that pointless stress in my life. Plus with starting the gym I really don't want to be deterred by super slow losses, hopefully after 2 weeks at least I'll see a reasonable loss!

Ooh and yeah I was dead chuffed with the 10lbs off in March, not quite sure how that happened but I just hope it keeps up! :)

Woooo you're loving the exercise! It really does just make you feel MINT! Well done on your stopping when full, I'm yet to learn this! Lol x

Hi Bev, I have seen you ona couple of diaries and thinkl you have done amazingggly since you started. Here to sub if you don't mind and get some inspiration. Have a lovely day.

Hi thought would visit you since your so good with visiting me and cheering me on. Hope it's a.good day for you x

Hi Bev hope your well today Hun ,
Wow to the swimming that was brilliant xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys and welcome Sharon and Rosie! :)

I think all this exercise is catching up with me today, neck and shoulders have felt really stiff and achey, so decided to have a rest day in the end. It's actually been quite hard to let myself have the day off as I'm really motivated when it comes to exercise atm. Need to make sure I don't overdo it though as I'm going tomorrow for my induction/cardio sesh and then again on Sunday for the kettlebells class. So rest day it is!

Food wise I've aimed for a low syn red day. After having the Millies cookie on Wed and carvery yesterday I felt like being extra good today, so I've made some pretty healthy choices. Ate out at lunch but brought some ff dressing for my Subway salad to keep the syns down. Now I'll go off and shine my halo...;):p

Week 34, Day 4 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D- Hexb
Snack - 1/2 banana (other half was brown - yuck!)
Lunch - Roast chicken subway salad - 3 syns
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Home made cheese (hexa) burger on wm roll (hexb) with side salad (tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, grated carrot, onion) and caramelised onion chutney - 2 syns
Supper - Chopped strawberries and vanilla muller
Total - 5 syns

I've gotta say I'm looking forward so much to next Sunday and WI. All this exercise along with my extra red days must be making a difference, feel like I'm trying harder than ever to lose this weight atm and I'm determined I'll never have to see a 19 before my weight again! Its crazy sometimes because I've lost 5st 9lbs, I eat healthier than pretty much anyone else I know (in real life) and I'm STILL 19 stone... just doesn't seem fair sometimes, but hey I put it all on so only myself to blame! Its weird 'cos I feel like mentally I'm a slim person, but my body just hasn't caught up yet. :rolleyes: It's all good though, by next August when it's my wedding I'll be grinning from ear to ear in a size 12 dress! :)

Am sure ur body will catch up with ur slim person mind before u know it especially at the rate ur going x

It's all good though, by next August when it's my wedding I'll be grinning from ear to ear in a size 12 dress! :)

Hell yeah you will!! Can't wait to see those pics :D x

Back