From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Hi Bev, I've also popped by to subscribe. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Just make sure you keep hydrated and hopefully it will all pass soon!

I'm so jealous that you're having a wedding ceremony in Prague! I got engaged on Charles Bridge and we talked about having our wedding there but half of DF's family aren't allowed to fly for medical reasons so it wouldn't really be practical. As for honeymoon, we're doing America; Florida, New York and Buffalo. I've never been to America and we thought we would take the opportunity to have a big holiday there. DF is a big NFL fan, specifically the Buffalo Bills, hence the trip to Buffalo to watch a game. In exchange for me spending about 5 hours of my life watching sport, he's agreed to go to any Broadway show of my choice! He hates musicals so it's a good compromise!

Hope work wasn't too difficult and you're at home chilling out now!

Phew! I survived work! :) It went really fast in the end so I'm glad I made the effort. Finally think I'm on the mend too, still feeling pretty weak and icky but the stomach pains are easing up a bit now. The nurse rang too and has booked me in to have the jab next Thursday, so at least I'll be sorted for hols. Those typhoid pills are the work of the devil!

Managed to get back on plan with my food today and eat a bit more too. Will be nice to get another low syn red day under my belt in time for WI. Only 4 full days left now until I hit the scales, I'm desperate to know how I've done. Determined to last till Sunday and not peek, so long as I'm in the 18's I'll be over the moon anyway, but 5lbs to get my 6 stone award would be amazing! Roll on Sunday so I can find out! :)

Gym is completely off the cards now until I'm fully recovered. I was giving myself Fri and Sat off anyway in case I have water retention, hopefully I'll be able to go on Thursday if I'm 100% again. Not going to beat myself up though, working out while I'm ill won't help anything!

Week 35, Day 1 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Snack - Banana
Lunch - 2 large flat mushrooms topped with cheesy scrambled eggs -hexa
Snack - Fresh strawberries topped with vanilla muller
Tea - Roast chicken breast with mayo (2 syns), cheese, salad (cucumber, carrot, beetroot, lettuce, olives - 1 syn, tomatoes) and wm roll - hexb, hexa + 3 syn
Total - 3 syns

If I get peckish and fancy anything else I'll use my other hexa, or even break into my syns. Hadn't realised today was THAT low syn but I don't feel deprived or anything. My taste buds have completely changed from when I started SW, I no longer crave sweet foods all the time, honestly I think I prefer fresh fruit and yoghurt now to cake and biscuits! Don't worry though, I love chocolate as much as the next girl!

Oooh, I found out last night that me and Chris are invited to our friends wedding at the end of July. Really looking forward to it as lots of people from my old work/C's current work will be there. I'd love to be able to fit into a really gorgeous outfit. I used to dread occasions like this as I always felt like a fat frump, its so nice to actually be looking forward to an occasion for a change! I know its not like I'll be at target by then, but in 3.5 months I can probably lose 2 stone if I really knuckle down. That'd put me at the bottom of the 17's, so surely I'd be at least a size or two smaller than I am now. Either way its another little mini goal to aim for.

---

Em - Morning hunny, or afternoon now! Thinking about you today with your WI looming, I hope you get another fab result! Have you had any more thoughts about your target and whether to leave it at 11st or go lower?

I'm having the injection next week now so fingers crossed I'll get no side effects, Chris was fine after having it and so were you, so hopefully that's a good sign I'll be good too!

Sophie - Thanks hun, I'm on the med now thankfully. Just gonna take it easy and use it as an excuse for a lazy afternoon in front of the telly! :)

Newme - Hi hun, lovely to see you here! Well done on your weight loss so far this year, looks like you're off to a great start. I think having a wedding to look forward to is fantastic motivation too. Have you set a date yet? It's a nightmare deciding the honeymoon. I was dead set on Cuba and then found out it was hurricane season, grr! There are so many great places that I'm sure we'll love wherever we end up, I just like getting organised early as I'm a planning freak (though you've probably realised that by now if you've read my diary, lol)!

Ruby - Hey hun, welcome! Wow so many brides to be on here! I love Charles Bridge, what an amazing place to propose. I'm sure your wedding will be amazing wherever you are, and wow, that honeymoon sounds fantastic! Bet you can't wait. I went to Florida when I was a teen and absolutely loved it, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. I don't know much about Buffalo, but NYC will be AMAZING! So jealous! I seriously need to make my mind up now and decide where we're going. I'm so indecisive, as you've probably gathered by now!

Last edited:
Hey Bev, glad you are feeling a bit better :)
The wedding is something to really keep you focused , a lovely new outfit and definitely a couple of sizes smaller ,
I'm excited bout your wi this week , whoo hoo to a fab loss :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Bev

Just catching up, I am sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly on the tabs, not nice at all.

I am like you with the travelling, there are so many places I would like to go, Las Vegas being one of them - Mick and I would love to go to Hawaii for a honeymoon, but we also want to get married in Barbados - so I am thinking Barbados for a week, then fly to Las Vegas for a few days, then fly to Hawaii for the last 10 days - one problem: No one has asked me to marry them yet (pull your finger out Micky boy!). The other problem is if we do this, we would probably be saving until 2050!

Too many places and not enough time or money - perhaps we could find a way to travel the world for a living.... hmmm.

Just realised I never replied to you, sorry hun!

That sounds like one epic honeymoon! I know what you mean though, not enough time and money. It'd be New Zealand all the way if I had an unlimited budget! Funny you should mention about travelling the world for a living, I was reading an article the other day about 'modern nomads' who live all around the world while working online doing techy web related stuff. Must be such an amazing life!

Hey Bev, glad you are feeling a bit better :)
The wedding is something to really keep you focused , a lovely new outfit and definitely a couple of sizes smaller ,
I'm excited bout your wi this week , whoo hoo to a fab loss :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hun, big fingers crossed! I'd be jumping off the floor if I hit that 6 stone mark, not sure it'll happen but I'm determined to work really hard this week to try and get there.

I'm looking online as we speak to find some pretty dresses. Nothing like having a pretty dress to fit into to inspire me xx

Oh man, that tea today was yummy. Funny how the simple stuff can be the most delicious sometimes! The chicken was baked in the oven and had gone gorgeous and crispy, then I put some salad on a wm roll with a little bit of extra light mayo it tasted like a KFC fillet burger - nomnomnomn! :D Absolutely lush it was! Not bad for a hexb and 2 syns, I love red days! :)

That tea sounds gorgeous. You have given me a new idea. I'm making burgers tomorrow night with sw chips and beans cant wait! Have my weigh in tomorrow morning so I always have a really yummy dinner weigh in days!

On the wedding we are getting married 30th May. We have recently only set the date and lucky for me I had already started my weight loss journey already. I have tried Cambridge, Lipotrim etc you name it I have tried it. Now I lost a good few stone with Cambridge but I ended up putting it all back on and more and when I started sw in January this year it was the heaviest I have ever weighed. I was so worried that their scales woudnt be able to go up to my weight. I was mortified but the lovely girl weighing me said thats the last time I will see that number and you know what she is right this is my year I can feel it in my bones. I can eat healthy and not deprive myself at all, its great!

I have no real excuse anymore I so do not want to be big on my wedding day. I am going to start looking at dresses in the summer so thats a big incentive. I am going on holidays too at the end of June so would love to have another 1 and a half stone of by then. I don't know if that is possible but going to give it my best shot.

So looking forward to hearing how your weigh in goes. It would be great to get the 6stone. That is a huge amount you must be so proud of yourself. Anyway I am of to have a bath before weigh in I think it helps me weigh less :rolleyes: but I would also love a vist from the PF too (yes I read your whole diary and I was having a good giggle at this!!!!)

:8855::8855::8855:

Well so much for feeling better :( Been up half the night being sick and feel crap today. Got all ready for work but feel so nauseaus and dizzy it isnt happening today, wouldn't trust myself driving. Feel so fed up, gonna go back to bed x

Aww no way, as if the sickness has come back, grrr!! Hope you feel better today.

I can't wait to hear how you're WI goes on Saturday, are you going to the same Boots store and using the same scales?

The wedding is something to look forward too and a bit of motivation don't you think? I mean you've done incredibly well already so with your great losses another 2 stone should fall off you :) xxx

You should def go back to bed and rest for a while hun. Ps I lost 1 pound today. Didnt bother staying for class felt a bit peed off as had stuck to plan 100%. I'm aiming for 2 every week but I guess one pound is still very good.

Get better soon chick :) x

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the lovely messages and sorry for the TMI paragraph ahead! I've not really done anything today except sleep and spew :(. Was feeling a little better when I got up at around 2, but then after eating I feel crappy again. It just seems to come and go, sometimes I feel a bit better for a few hours and then it comes back just as bad as ever. At least its moved on from me being on the toilet constantly to being physically sick, but I just want it to do one now! Had a look online and read that the side effects should be gone within a week, but being as I took the first tablet on Sunday that's not too reassuring. Can't take 3 more days of this! :rolleyes:

Food wise I've tried to stick to plan as much as possible, I'm desperate to have a good loss on Sunday but I don't know what to expect now I'm feeling so poorly. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by then though. Has a cereal bar this morning and jacket potato for lunch. When I was poorly as a child my Mum always used to do me Heinz chicken soup, so I'm craving that at the moment for tea. It's 9.5 syns though which seems really high, but if its what I fancy then I'm gonna just go for it. Will update food later though as I really don't know what I feel like, at the minute I'd honestly just be happy with lots of water and some fruit.

---

Gil - Thanks hun, I'm excited about WI too. I'm loving the fortnightly WI's as I never know what number I'm going to get. On the one hand I could have 2 crappy weeks and get 2lbs, or I could have had 2 amazing weeks and come out with 7-8lbs. Haven't got a clue till I get on those scales!xx

Sugar/sharon - Thanks guys, I'm getting lots of rest so hopefully will be on the mend soon!xxx

Em - I know it sucks, grrr! As for WI I'm actually moving scales AGAIN, but this will be for the very last time as I'm going to WI on the ones at the gym from now on. Will be a lot more convenient as I can go to my Sunday kettle bells class straight after WI.

Really hope you're right about getting that 2 st off for the wedding in July, so long as I don't have another annoying slow loss time I should be able to manage it. Would be so nice to be able to rock up to it in a size 16 dress :)xxx

Newme - I feel your pain, those low loss weeks suck. BUT it's still a pound closer to goal and all the little steps add up too. Originally I set out to lose 2lb a week like you, but I've very rarely got that number. The good weeks are higher and the crap weeks are lower, but the main thing is it's moving in the right direction. xx

Intoxicate - Aw man that chicken burger was amazing, I'm making it a weekly thing from now on. Bloody loved it! Enjoy yours tonight! WI is gonna be on Sunday from now on, so just got 3 full days until I can finally see how I've done. Gym was going great the first week but I've had some really bad side effects from an oral typhoid vaccine I took last Sunday so haven't been since then. Soon as I'm better I'm back on it though, hope you gym is going well xx

Popping in to update my food today!

Week 35, Day 2 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (hexa), tuna mayo (3 syns) and salad - 3 syns
Snack - 3 squares of chocolate - 3 syns
Tea - Home made cheese (hexa) burger with wm roll (3 syns) and chopped tomatoes - 1 syns for relish - 4 syns (only ate half so altered syns etc)
Snack - Grapes
Total - 7 syns

Another red day under my belt, quite proud of myself as I just wanted to reach for the chicken soup and white bread. Comfort food is always a pull when I'm feeling ill, I'm just glad I stayed strong and resisted!

Still not feeling great but haven't been sick again thankfully. Hope the worst of it is over now!

Last edited:
Ah I love your patience at weighing in every second week! I can't go a day! Is this cheese burger you make the one that's in the mag? I need to get these burgers in my life!!

Aww don't get me wrong I'm impatient as the next person, I know if I weighed in every day though that I'd end up sabotaging myself from those daily fluctuations. With fortnightly WI's I know I can always look forward to losing something and I've found its made me even more motivated to work hard to try and get a good number.

Nope, not from the mag hun. My OH makes them with lean steak mince, red onion, herbs and an egg to bind them together, they are amazing and completely syn free too! :)

Back