From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Thanks hun! I really hope you're right and I come away with a new shiny on Sunday. I love the fortnightly WI but got way too impatient this week. Gonna be doing weekly ones for the challenges from now on though. I'm sure they'll help loads, would love to get 10lbs off in April so my holiday in May doesn't set me back too much.

I'm sure you'll do it hun, its the last 2 weeks of April, you'll do super in the challenges and be wearing some lovely summer clothes on your hols ! :D

Kay xx

Well done at the sneaky wi , brilliant :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Off to bed after a lovely evening with one of Chris's best friends. Back to work tomorrow and I'm looking forward to finally getting my revision under way when I get back. I've put it off long enough now and it's become a nagging feeling at the back of my mind. Won't be able to rest until its done!

Feeling well still but giving my body time to properly recover before hitting the gym again. Next gym session will be Sunday after 'official' WI.

Sleep well everyone! xxx

Off to bed after a lovely evening with one of Chris's best friends. Back to work tomorrow and I'm looking forward to finally getting my revision under way when I get back. I've put it off long enough now and it's become a nagging feeling at the back of my mind. Won't be able to rest until its done! Feeling well still but giving my body time to properly recover before hitting the gym again. Next gym session will be Sunday after 'official' WI. Sleep well everyone! xxx

Night night lovely xxx

Night night hun :), hope you get a good sleep and are feeling better in the morning. Speak to you tomorrow.

Kay xx

Well, I went back to work today, for all of 5 minutes. I was waiting for my shift to start and eating a cereal bar in the canteen, then I needed to throw up again! :( Getting soooo fed up of this now, as soon as I think I'm better I end up sick and with stomach cramps again. Anyway, I booked myself in at the docs and was seen this morning. Basically the doc said it sounds like its on the mend, just like I thought, but I really just need to wait it out. She wants me to stay at home, drink lots of water and eat a light diet for the next few days. I need to wait at least 24 hours after my last sicky episode before going back to work, so yeah, looks like I'm off work until Tuesday now. It's so frustrating! Just want to be well and be able to start with my exercise again, GRRR!

The good news is that she definitely thinks its a side effect of taking the oral vaccine, so at least I know the cause. I just feel so frustrated because I don't want to have time off work, I only work 9-1 and anything else like a cold etc I'd be able to go in, but I obviously can't when I risk spewing up at my desk! :(

At this rate I seriously doubt I'll even have a Sunday WI as I don't want to risk going out until I know I'm not going to suddenly need the bathroom. But regardless I'll be starting the soup challenge on Sunday. I really need something to look forward to atm and if I can't see my friends/family tomorrow like planned at least I can make some yummy soups to enjoy next week. Thanks Kay for at least giving me something to focus on and look forward to! Sorry if I sound so miserable, I know I'll be okay but I'm just kinda worried. Other side effects are fainting and lack of breath and if I get those then I need to go to a&e, now my doc doesn't think that'll happen but its still worrying. I've never had a reaction of any kind of medication before, so I'm just amazed at how much this tablet has affected me. Looking in the mirror I look visibly slimmer this week, which is great, but I'm kinda worried I'll put it all back on once I'm better! :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry for being a stressyhead and being so negative! I was just feeling great yesterday that I might finally be over the worst of it, need to stop getting my hopes up. I'm sure I'll be fine in a few days, just going to try and make the most of a quiet weekend in with Chris and the cats. I'm having sofa day watching Biggest Loser USA atm, it's made me seriously excited about getting back into some serious body magic when I'm better!

I'll update food for the day, going with another red day but a pretty light one as per the doctor's orders!

Week 35, Day 4 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb (I hate using a hexb on something I spewed up!!)
Lunch - Tuna nicoise salad (hexb for potato, 1 syn for olives), muller
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Red peppers with philly (2 x hexa) wrapped in bacon
Supper - Strawbs and muller
Total - 1 syn

Last edited:
Make sure you take note of the drug name so you know what it is if you're ever offered it again and can list it as an allergy/adverse reaction if you ever go into hospital.

It's so frustrating being off work I always feel so guilty. I'm rarely off and only if I absolutely need to be but it makes me feel awful! Glad you're now on the mend. I hope you do make it to weight in, i'm excited for you! x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry to hear you're still not well huni...hopefully it'll pass soon.
As for the chewy delight...I reckon you're still due a HEb seeing as that one never lasted long ;) lol xx

Awwww sending hugs,
Get plenty of rest and fluids , what a bad reaction these tablets have had on you ,
Hope fully by Tuesday it will be out of your system ,
There's plenty of time to get back to the gym you need to get yourself 100% well again,
I know it's frustrating but it's for the best ,
Take care lovely , thinking bout you xxx

Thanks guys for all your support!

Mrs G - I feel the same as you when I'm off work, terrible! I know it can't be helped sometimes but still feel bad about it, looking forward to getting back to normal again!

Good advise re the tablets too! xx

Miss K - Haha! I reckon I'm allowed another hexb too, will have another chewy D later if I fancy one, gotta keep my energy levels up right? ;) xx

Von - Thanks hunny. You're right the gym will still be there when I'm better, I think rushing myself to get back hasn't helped matters this week, so gonna give myself the time to properly rest and get better xx

Oh poor you Bev - there is something in sin u tab and certain another tabs that makes me sick, doubled over too. So i don't take them, but you have to take these otherwise you are at risk of being very ill... not nice at all.

I hope you have a vomit free weekend!

xxx

Thanks Charley, I'm just gonna take it easy and binge watch Biggest Loser USA to get my gym fix! :D Hope you have a lovely weekend too and well done on your fab loss this week xxx

Sorry you're still feeling crappy. Hope it passes soon xx

Thanks hun, me too! I feel like a broken record on here, lol xxx

Evening Bev :), sorry I'm late posting hun. I've been worried about you, I hope the doc's are giving you something to settle your stomach. Are you taking any extra vitamins to help strengthen your bodies immune system ? Drink plenty of water hun to flush away any toxins in your body. Stupid tabs grrr. I hate seeing my friend like this. I hope you get some super strength tomorrow. With the challenge see how you feel hun, with all the weakness your body has gone through maybe wait till Sunday before deciding (since it is a low calorie challenge). I'm glad the doc has signed you off until Tuesday, that will give you some time to recuperate and get back to fighting fit ! :p I watched the finale of the biggest loser too :D. It was great wasn't it ? But I still feel that Rachel girl was too skinny in the end. I'm not sure if the amount they loss in such little time is good for their bodies in the long run ? I still stand by 2lbs a week being a healthy loss to have. :) Anyway despite the week you've had I still want you to have a super duper loss on Sunday. I will be the most happiest when you get your 6 stone ! Can't wait, I'm so excited, got my fingers crossed already ! Take care hun.

Kay xx

Evening Bev :), sorry I'm late posting hun. I've been worried about you, I hope the doc's are giving you something to settle your stomach. Are you taking any extra vitamins to help strengthen your bodies immune system ? Drink plenty of water hun to flush away any toxins in your body. Stupid tabs grrr. I hate seeing my friend like this. I hope you get some super strength tomorrow. With the challenge see how you feel hun, with all the weakness your body has gone through maybe wait till Sunday before deciding (since it is a low calorie challenge). I'm glad the doc has signed you off until Tuesday, that will give you some time to recuperate and get back to fighting fit ! :p I watched the finale of the biggest loser too :D. It was great wasn't it ? But I still feel that Rachel girl was too skinny in the end. I'm not sure if the amount they loss in such little time is good for their bodies in the long run ? I still stand by 2lbs a week being a healthy loss to have. :) Anyway despite the week you've had I still want you to have a super duper loss on Sunday. I will be the most happiest when you get your 6 stone ! Can't wait, I'm so excited, got my fingers crossed already ! Take care hun.

Kay xx

Aww bless ya hun, thanks for the lovely message. I'm going to wait and see how I feel on Sat night about the soup challenge for definite, but I really want to do it. I might change my start date to Monday though as I should be back to normal by then. I have Mondays off work so I can still WI the Monday after. I've posted a couple of Q's in the soup thread, then at least if anyone is wondering the same thing you won't have to duplicate answers.

I'm really hoping I get my 6st too but not going to push myself tomorrow to do a really low day like I usually do pre-WI. Fingers crossed I get that last pound off though, but most important atm is getting back to my old self. I've not felt too bad today apart from the sicky episode this morning but I don't want to speak too soon!

I've not seen season 12 (the one with Rachel) yet, but I know what you mean about them losing that weight sooo fast. It seems a bit extreme for me and I do worry that when they go back to their old environment they'll really struggle not to go back to their old ways after the show is over! having said that I'd go on the show in a heartbeat if I had the chance, its amazing to see the difference in the contestants, they don't even look like the same people! xx

Hope you feel better soon Bev, nasty nasty reaction!

I LOVE Biggest Loser... the season you just watched, was that the one with Danni? Really liked her.

What you're saying about losing too quickly, Francelina (think she was the latest season, I mix them up) is on Twitter and she's trying to raise money to have excess skin removed. When you think what they do in a few months, it can't really be sustainable. When they go home and have to do all that working out, which was practically their full-time job while on the ranch, but then have to fit it in around normal day-to-day life... it's a bit intense!

Hope you feel better soon Bev, nasty nasty reaction!

I LOVE Biggest Loser... the season you just watched, was that the one with Danni? Really liked her.

What you're saying about losing too quickly, Francelina (think she was the latest season, I mix them up) is on Twitter and she's trying to raise money to have excess skin removed. When you think what they do in a few months, it can't really be sustainable. When they go home and have to do all that working out, which was practically their full-time job while on the ranch, but then have to fit it in around normal day-to-day life... it's a bit intense!

Thanks hun, nope not the one with Danni, though I've not seen that one either. This one has Roulon the Olympic wresting gold medallist in. All the other seasons are On Demand on Sky so I'm going to get the others downloaded after I've finished this one.

Must be horrible being left with loads of excess skin at the end. At the start I had a similar amount as a lot of them to lose and by doing it steady and moisturising I've not got saggy skin or anything yet. Pretty sure if I'd lost it crazy fast like on the BL that'd be a completely different story! I know what you mean as well, it must be so hard to adjust from doing 6 hours or so exercise a day to a normal routine. I can't imagine how hard it must be to go from a routine like that to maintaining, must really mess with their heads!

If you're in the ranch for 13 weeks, or whatever, it must be scary being back in the real world.

Don't think I've seen that series, must have a look for it.

I used to watch Biggest Loser while stuffing my face. The irony. Never got into the UK one though, it was too rainy and grey!

I was the same, the UK one didn't do it for me either. I can't even remember if that one had Bob and Gillian, its just not Biggest Loser without them!

Back