From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Morning Bevvy, good on you for doing C25K, that's determindation right there. I couldn't run for 1 minute, nevermind for 5k! Haha.

That 6 stone is yours next Monday, good luck on the soup challenge :) xxx

Hey Bev, congrats on the official 4lbs off, great news! And that 6 stone is just waiting for you next week I am sure.

Well done also on the c25k I attempted it but my ankle wouldn't let me finish it, I did it at my pace too, I did week 1 twice and week 2 twice, if I had have finished it would have taken me much longer, slow and steady wins the race - I agree with whomever said about getting proper trainers too, take it from someone who learnt the hard way, I damaged my ankle almost two years ago and I still find it difficult to so weight bearing exercises.

Xxx

Hey Bev, congrats on the official 4lbs off, great news! And that 6 stone is just waiting for you next week I am sure. Well done also on the c25k I attempted it but my ankle wouldn't let me finish it, I did it at my pace too, I did week 1 twice and week 2 twice, if I had have finished it would have taken me much longer, slow and steady wins the race - I agree with whomever said about getting proper trainers too, take it from someone who learnt the hard way, I damaged my ankle almost two years ago and I still find it difficult to so weight bearing exercises. Xxx

Ooh and a good training bra too!!!

Morning lovelies,
I love not working on a Monday, it's so nice to be able to lie in while Chris is getting ready for work!

My first day of the soup challenge today, eek! My carb straight jacket is now in place to keep me away from yummy carby foods! At least I got my fix yesterday with Chris's gorgeous spaghetti and meatballs, thankfully he's taken the leftovers to work today so I won't be tempted!

Although I've got my soup all prepared and ready I'm seriously lacking super free for the rest of my day, so heading up to the shops now to get stocked up. Already feel like this is gonna be a super healthy challenge and I'll be eating way more fruit and veg than usual!

While I'm passing I may as we'll get a subway salad - it'd be rude not to! So will have my first soup of the week for tea.

I'll reply later to everyone, gonna be a fairly busy one for me as after shops got some serious studying to do. Have a nice day guys and good luck to my fellow carb starved soup challengers! ;)

I completely believe that anyone can be a runner if you put your mind to it. I'm managing 6.5k now and I couldn't run at all when I signed up for the 10k back in September. My sister dragged me out a few times, but I find I'm best if I run, until I think I want to stop and make myself run for another lamp post, or another 30 seconds, or until the end of a song.I have to really push myself to run further, then walk for a couple of mins, then set off again.I never ever thought I'd be able to run, but I can and although I look like a beetroot at the end of it, it's so rewarding knowing you've done it.Good luck with it.xx

Thanks guys for all the supportive posts about the running! I can't wait to get started now tomorrow. Going to go straight from work I think so I've no lazy excuses!

It seems to be a common thread that everyone who has done so well could never imagine themselves to be a runner at first. Me too! its one of those things I've always wanted to do but never imagined I could. Now the weight is coming off there's no excuse not to get started any more. At my biggest I always said I'd do it when I was under 20st because I didn't want to put too much pressure on my joints, well now I'm here in the 18's and I'm feeling like its the right time to give it a go.

Charley - Thanks hun, I'm sure I'll be redoing the c25k weeks too. My cardio fitness is absolutely shocking so definitely want to build it up gradually and do 2 weeks at each level like you did. Thankfully I've already got industrial strength sports bras to keep the ladies in line, LOL! I actually have to wear TWO when I work out or else they still manage to get in the way - grr!

Tigger - Glad you've enjoyed it when you've done it in the past. The thought of running 5k seems really scary to a complete non runner like me, but the plan really builds it up gradually so hopefully even I can do it!

Rochelle - I guess that's the part that people who have been thin all there lives don't get, just because you're now at target doesn't mean you don't still have the same thoughts you did when you were big. You've just learnt how to control them a lot more now. You're doing amazing sticking in your target range week in and week out, bet you're so proud of yourself!

Kay - Thanks hun, the soup challenge day 1 is now under way - eeek!! Sure I'm gonna get a fabby loss from this as it's really shaking things up for me diet wise!

Oh and I had to get Chris to hide the egg for me, if I knew where it was I'd be the same as you!

Jennie
- Wow! 6.5k is awesome, well done you! I'll bear it in mind about really pushing myself at the end of the run, I guess its that extra effort and going out of our comfort zone that really helps us to improve.
----

Quickly updating my food for the day and then I'm off to study for a few hours. Really not feeling the revision today at all, but I know it's got to be done to get me where I want to be!

Week 35, Day 7 - Red
Lunch - Roast chicken subway salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, olives (2 syns) and gherkins with a little dressing (2 syns) - 4 syns
Snacks - Strawberries and muller, grapes
Tea - Chicken and veggie soup (hexb for lentils)
Snacks - 2 x mini babybel (hexa)
Total - 4 syns

Well that's the plan anyway, just gotta stick to it now. Off to get myself a big glass of water. Part of the challenge is to drink 2L of water a day and I can't include diet fizzy drinks so it's gonna be a tough one! xx

Hi Bev,

Firstly huge congrats on your 4lbs that is fantastic and a great loss. Best of luck with the soup challenge I absolutely love soup and I make a batch each week.
I was supposed to just take Saturday of plan but ended up of plan yesterday I am back on today but can't help thinking of not going to my weigh on on Wednesday. I won't go into what I ate but yeah that's why I was away from minis!

Afternoon Bev :p, Hope the food is enough to nourish your brain cells for revision lol (I'm just kidding). I'm hoping your not too hungry on the challenge so far. Well done on shopping for superfree, that will help you tick over and stop any snacking between meals. Why am I even saying any of this, your a pro at red days :D. Knowing that your off today, I really wanna chat, but I'll be good and let you get on with your studies. Catch up with you later hun. :)

ps. your gym timetable this week looks fab !

Kay xx

I've survived day 1 of the soup challenge - woop!! Gotta say I could have eaten a nice bread roll with it, but apart from that brief moment of wavering I've actually enjoyed today. In the end I had 2 bowls, even though I told Kay earlier I'd never want that much soup! :p

I've got more chicken and veggie soup left for tomorrow, but need to make another big batch up in the afternoon for Wed. Gotta be super organised while I'm on this challenge, but at least I wake up in a morning feeling prepared and knowing exactly what I'm having.

Hitting the gym for my first c25k session tomorrow. Chris has been behind me every step of my weight loss journey, but he really doesn't think I'll be able to do the running. It kinda got to me a bit as I'm feeling really enthusiastic and motivated about it. Hate it when I think someone doesn't believe in me. He just doesn't think I'm fit enough. I keep telling him the plan is for complete beginners, but he just can't see me being about to do it. We ended up having a stupid argument about it and he's gone to bed! :rolleyes: GRR! I know he doesn't want me to push myself too far and that's why he's concerned, but I really feel like I'm ready for it now. It's gonna be a long hard slog but I'm looking forward to proving him wrong!

Gonna head to bed in a minute, up for work tomorrow so need an early night. I was in a really good mood until that stupid argument, what a ridiculous thing to fall out over too! :rolleyes:

---

Intoxicate - Thanks hun! I'd love to lose 10lbs a month too. I guess at my weight I kinda feel like I should be getting a big number like that every month, but as you can see sometimes it just doesn't happen. I'm halfway through April and I've lost 4, so hopefully on for 8 this month but hoping the soup and salad challenge give me a nice little boost!

Newme - Thank I'm gonna try and do that when the soup challenge is over, just to get my weekly soup fix! Hope you enjoyed your days 'off', just draw a line under it and power right on. Sometimes facing a gain at group can be the best way to move on so just see how you feel. A couple of good days before WI and you might surprise yourself. Somehow I lost 0.5lbs on the WI after Christmas with three 100% off plan days!

Kay - Not been really hungry yet which is great, I think kicking the carbs for a week is gonna be tough though but hopefully when I see I can live without them it'll be easier from then on to have much lower carb days! Sorry I wasn't around earlier, I'd have must preferred to chat to you than do revision though I assure ya! :p

I've survived day 1 of the soup challenge - woop!! Gotta say I could have eaten a nice bread roll with it, but apart from that brief moment of wavering I've actually enjoyed today. In the end I had 2 bowls, even though I told Kay earlier I'd never want that much soup! :p I've got more chicken and veggie soup left for tomorrow, but need to make another big batch up in the afternoon for Wed. Gotta be super organised while I'm on this challenge, but at least I wake up in a morning feeling prepared and knowing exactly what I'm having. Hitting the gym for my first c25k session tomorrow. Chris has been behind me every step of my weight loss journey, but he really doesn't think I'll be able to do the running. It kinda got to me a bit as I'm feeling really enthusiastic and motivated about it. Hate it when I think someone doesn't believe in me. He just doesn't think I'm fit enough. I keep telling him the plan is for complete beginners, but he just can't see me being about to do it. We ended up having a stupid argument about it and he's gone to bed! :rolleyes: GRR! I know he doesn't want me to push myself too far and that's why he's concerned, but I really feel like I'm ready for it now. It's gonna be a long hard slog but I'm looking forward to proving him wrong! Gonna head to bed in a minute, up for work tomorrow so need an early night. I was in a really good mood until that stupid argument, what a ridiculous thing to fall out over too! :rolleyes: --- Intoxicate - Thanks hun! I'd love to lose 10lbs a month too. I guess at my weight I kinda feel like I should be getting a big number like that every month, but as you can see sometimes it just doesn't happen. I'm halfway through April and I've lost 4, so hopefully on for 8 this month but hoping the soup and salad challenge give me a nice little boost! Newme - Thank I'm gonna try and do that when the soup challenge is over, just to get my weekly soup fix! Hope you enjoyed your days 'off', just draw a line under it and power right on. Sometimes facing a gain at group can be the best way to move on so just see how you feel. A couple of good days before WI and you might surprise yourself. Somehow I lost 0.5lbs on the WI after Christmas with three 100% off plan days! Kay - Not been really hungry yet which is great, I think kicking the carbs for a week is gonna be tough though but hopefully when I see I can live without them it'll be easier from then on to have much lower carb days! Sorry I wasn't around earlier, I'd have must preferred to chat to you than do revision though I assure ya! :p

Oh Bev I'm sorry bout the argument Hun, I can tell your passionate about doing this ,
You go the gym and give it your all , your right it is for beginners and builds up gradually , I sometimes get negativity also , it's hard to take coz you expect them to be behind you 100%, in there way they are and they don't want us to put too much pressure on ourselves, but we both know it's reaching goals and milestones that keep us focused to carry on ,

Hugs Bev xxxx
Sleep well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep, people who've never been obese just don't get it! One of the women I work with is always saying 'ooh but you couldn't eat as much as you used to, I know you couldn't' she bases this on what I bring for lunch now compared to a big sandwich and a packet of crisps I used to have, well yes I can still eat as much I just choose not to and learnt a bit of self control! Just cos you're at target doesn't mean you magically can't binge eat anymore.

Thanks for the compliment! I am proud but I admit it's still a battles, it always will be but at the minute I feel like I'm doing ok xx

Morning ladies!
Sorted the ridiculous argument out this morning and all is good again. Onto day 2 of the soup challenge. My day today is basically work 9-1, gym, study - bit of a boring one but needs must!

Looking forward to get c25k day 1 under my belt but a little worried about my glasses falling off. Need to make an appointment for more contact lenses, can see I'll be needing them!

Have a good one guys and all the best to the Tuesday weighers xx

Lol you definitely need to make an appointment for some contact lenses Bevvy, you don't want to be damaging your glasses! Pleased you have sorted it out with Chris, at the end of day like you said he's just looking out for you as he cares alot for you :)

Have a fab day today xxx

Hey Bev,

Good luck for your first day of running, it is tough, but I have every faith you can do it. I know Chris means well, but by meaning well he has offended you slightly. I find that jogging/running is too much pressure on my ankles and joints, but you might find it easy - I certainly see bigger people at my gym jogging and running and it really annoys me because they are similar size to me and I can't do it!

Just see how you get on and don't go mad and if you struggle and cant finish it, try again in a couple of days, like someone else said on here, you get good really quickly, your stamina increases really fast.

xxx

OMG OMG OMG!!! I DID ITTTT!!! I completed day 1 of couch to 5k!! :D

:whacky068:

Feeling so incredibly proud of myself right now. I tell ya what though I didn't find it easy!! After the first minute of running I really wanted to quit as I felt so out of breath, but I kept going and got my breath back during the walking stages. I know for a fact I'd never have been able to do it a few stone ago, honestly feels like my body is rewarding me for losing all this weight by letting me do new things! :)

Think I'll definitely need some new running shoes, my trainers didn't feel that comfy at all on the treadmill. Want to make sure I'll stick at it first before I have to fork out for something else though.
After leaving the gym my chest has been quite bad and feeling weezy. :confused: I never get that normally so wonder if its just getting used to the extra exercise, or whether I should get checked out at the docs for asthma? Its not something I've ever had before so might see how it goes with the other runs this week, if it carries on might be best to get it checked out. I'm sure its nothing serious and just me being paranoid!

Had some nice comments at work today about my weight loss, since I've been off a few people have said I look a lot smaller, especially in my face. So nice to know its noticeable, although I wish my ass would shrink now and not my face!! :rolleyes:

----

Soup wise today I'm having a change from the chicken and veg and saving the rest for tomorrow. When I woke up this morning the house smelt gorgeous as Chris was cooking a minestrone soup in the slow cooker. Think it was his way of saying sorry, bless him! My first instinct was to say 'but I can't have carbs', lol, but I've been tactful and fished the bits of pasta out of the portion I had for lunch. It was delicious though! :)

Week 36, Day 1 - EE
Breakfast - Strawberries topped with muller
Snack - Banana
Lunch - Minestrone soup (hexb for lentils and kidney beans)
Tea - Scrambled eggs on 2 large flat mushrooms
Supper - 2 x mini babybels (hexa)
Syns - 0

Exercise
30 min walk
Couch to 5k - Week 1, Day 1 - 30 mins
Total - 1hr

Check me out with the zero syn day! :p To be fair I'm finding it quite easy on this soup challenge to really cut the syns down. I'm absolutely loving all the fresh fruit and veg I'm eating, I have zero carb bloat and actually physically feel healthier!! I'm amazed and how good I'm feeling just 2 days in! If I'm honest I thought I'd struggle without the carbs, but instead I've found it really liberating and my body is loving me for it. I just hope the scales love me next Monday morning!!

I'm still struggling with drinking 2 litres of water a day, but I'm on the second litre now so sure I'll manage it again! This might sound daft, I hardly ever drink water normally, but I actually find it quite filling in a way that carbonated diet drinks just aren't. I really thought I'd feel hungry on this challenge, but so far so good! Thanks Kay! :)

Going to quickly reply to peeps, update the challenge and then I'm signing off for the night. I've got loads of uni work to do and after that it's a nice night cuddled up watching a movie with Chris. Hope your day has been as good as mine!

Oooh, almost forgot to mention I'm going on a 4 mile walk tomorrow afternoon with my friend Niki. Shes having a bit of a hard time at the minute after splitting with her bf, so hopefully a nice picnic (I'm thinking M&S salad) and day out in the countryside will do her some good. I feel so luck to live where I do with the whole peak district on my doorstep, really need to start taking advantage of it now the summer is coming! x

Hey Bev,

Good luck for your first day of running, it is tough, but I have every faith you can do it. I know Chris means well, but by meaning well he has offended you slightly. I find that jogging/running is too much pressure on my ankles and joints, but you might find it easy - I certainly see bigger people at my gym jogging and running and it really annoys me because they are similar size to me and I can't do it!

Just see how you get on and don't go mad and if you struggle and cant finish it, try again in a couple of days, like someone else said on here, you get good really quickly, your stamina increases really fast.

xxx

Thanks for the advice hun, I really thought I wouldn't be able to do it at first. Running definitely isn't something that comes naturally to me at all! I think I just took it the wrong way last night, 6 months ago I wouldn't have thought I'd EVER run either, but its amazing how we change mentally when we lose weight. Gotta say it actually helped spur me on today, will feel great to prove him wrong!!

I was worried about the joints thing too, that's why I didn't start sooner. At nearly 25 stone I'd have probably snapped something! Must be crap to really want to do the running though and not be able to for your ankle, the main thing is you stay safe though and don't risk injuring yourself.

Hope you're having a good week hun, need to catch up on your diary soon x

Lol you definitely need to make an appointment for some contact lenses Bevvy, you don't want to be damaging your glasses! Pleased you have sorted it out with Chris, at the end of day like you said he's just looking out for you as he cares alot for you :)

Have a fab day today xxx

Thanks for reminding me about the lenses!

And yeah you're right he's just looking out for me, I just took it totally the wrong way. Will be awesome to prove him wrong though :p

Your walk pic that you put on FB looked amazing last night, so jealous of you living near the sea!! xx

Back