From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

I even had a ridiculous stress the other week because I was scared of bumping into people who I haven't seen in a while who know through FB etc how much I've lost, because I thought I'd disappoint their expectations. I mean, when you hear someone's lost 6st you assume they are gonna be waltzing around in size 10 dresses, not 16's and 18's! :rolleyes: I know its such a silly thing to stress about but its even putting me off going to my friends wedding reception, I need to kick myself up the ass and make myself go!

It's funny cos at the back end of March I went to see my friends and family in Stoke for the first time since Christmas. They were all so supportive and said I looked amazing - I had lost almost 4st - but my mum said, "I thought you'd be slimmer... well your fingers are less chubby". :D THEN we went to see my grandma about 3 weeks ago, by then I'd lost almost another half a stone, AND SHE SAID ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!

Honestly, I laugh because otherwise I'd be offended but it's like you said - I think people hear I've lost a lot of weight and assume I'm strutting the catwalk in a skimpy little number.

Like today, I thought about putting on Facebook that I've just bought my first ever item of size 12 clothing and I've hesitated because I'm worried people will be disappointed when they see me as they might imagine I'm slimmer than I am. (My belly still struggles with size 14 jeans!!!).

Ultimately I'm overworrying and it doesn't change the fact I've done brilliantly. I just need to remember that!

I love you guys, its so great being able to talk to people who GET it. Thanks so much for all your replies. Another flying visit tonight but I will get back to you all later I promise!

Thursday 22nd May - EE
Breakfast - chewy d- hexb
Lunch - 1/3 ready meal chicken chow mein ( it was horrible hence the 1/3rd) - 3 syns
Snack - Muller
Tea - Hunters chicken (hexa) with a little roasted med veg
Snack - Grapes
Total - 3 syns

I think people genuinely don't know how heavy/light others are. They know their own weight/size, but that doesn't translate into looking at someone else and guessing theirs. So when someone hears a friend has lost 3 stone, they're probably shocked thinking that girl didn't have 3 stone to lose- cos to them they can't see/tell her weight in stones.

Like I lost 2 stone, my aunt complimented me on it, and I said I've another 2 to go. My uncle was sat there going you can't have another 2 to lose. But I don't think he'd ever realised I was 16 stone +... and I won't be telling him any time soon ;)

Morning Bevvy :p, hope you have a fab day lovely. Well done on the low syns, your doing super ! Hope revision is going all well for u :D xx

Thanks Kay!

Once again I have no time to properly reply, browse diaries or do a proper update. My life is all work and no play at the minute, but less that 2 weeks now till my exam and freedom.

I'm afraid you'll have to bear with me just posting foody updates from now on until the exam, once it's all over I'll be able to catch up with everyone. I'll try and pop in still to see how peeps have got on at wi but do forgive me if I forget, my head is all over the place lately due to feeling really stressed!

Anyway food and then back to study, but I want you all to know I appreciated your support over the last couple of days so much, it really helped me snap out of things.

Friday 23rd May - red
Breakfast - chewy d - hexb
Snack - banana
Lunch - jack pot (hexb) with cheese (hexa x2) side salad, coleslaw and light salad cream - 4 syns
Snack - grapes
Tea - roast chicken subway salad - 4 syns
Supper - muller
Total - 8 syns

Gotta say I'm so impressed with the fact I've stayed bang on plan despite all the stress, definitely a NSV for me. Really want to get weighed this week as I'd love to get my 6.5st award but I'll see how I feel tomorrow bloat wise, might weigh Sunday... X

Evening Bev, sorry to hear you're still stressed but massive well done to you for staying on plan :) Just do what you've got to do until after the exam and we'll all be here with plenty of support XX

Good luck with your exam Bev, soon be over and you can relax xx

Wasn't around the other day but I've got to say, I think everyone is the same when it comes to weight. When I was big, I spent forever wishing I was slim, if I was slim everything would be good, amazing even. I felt like I was losing weight forever too but it would be worth it cos target was in reach! But when I got there nothing changed, I thought I'd be able to relax a bit but I was just too frightened to death of putting weight back on. it's a life long battle, and yes being slim feels good and I feel so healthy and everything but it's not perfect, I've got to watch what I eat, I have to exercise, I have a bit of loose skin, my belly hangs down if I get on all fours, I just have to get on with the fact that slim people are slim because they don't over eat every day. They probably eat healthy 90% of the time and are active. I'm trying to be one of those now, and I was big before because I overrate and ate the wrong things most of the time! I think we just have to enjoy this healthy lifestyle and enjoy the feeling of it and make it become our normal way of living!

I know ive babbled a bit there but I think I've explained myself ok lol x

Not babbling at all rochelle, everything you said made perfect sense. Like you say I think I expected my weight problem and body issues to go as I got smaller but that hasn't happened yet.

Anyway gotta dash as on break at work, roll in 1. Just popping in to tell you I've decided to weigh in tomorrow - eek! I'm not a fan of weekly weigh ins as I've never been a big loser, but I'd kill for my next award which is 2lbs away, hopefully I can do it!

Will update food for the day later but will be keeping it light with subway salad for lunch, not sure about tea yet but will have a look in morrisons. Have a nice day folks xx

Quick food update -

Saturday 24th May - EE
Breakfast - chewy d - hexb
Snack - banana
Lunch - subway chicken salad - 3 syns
Snack - grapes
Tea - jack pot with cheese and beans - hexa
Total - 3 syns

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow hun ! :D I hope you do super and get your 6.5 stone award, fingers crossed for you lovely :) xx

Wooohhooooooooooo!!! I'm a VERY happy bunny today - THREE POUNDS OFF in a week getting me my 6.5 stone award with a pound to spare!! Get in!

Feels so awesome to be able to add that sticker to my sig! :D

Just off to update the May challenge and hit the books, but its put me in a brilliant mood to say I have 12 hours of study ahead of me! haha

I'm getting weighed next Sunday too so I know my monthly total, I need 2.5lbs to get to the 17's. Not sure I'll manage that but I'll try my hardest!

Can't believe my next award is SEVEN STONE, that seems completely insane! :eek:

Well done Bev really pleased for you. If you can do three this week there's no reason you won't get 2.5 next week hun. You've got this nailed x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay !! :bliss:Wow superwoman ! :superwoman: Woke up to the best news ever ! :D Well done hun that's smashing ! Bet u feel ontop of the world ! Whoop ! :party0011: Congrats on your new shinny sticker. 6.5 stones is an amazing achievement. I know u will be in the 17's very soon. Fingers crossed for the 2.5lb loss for next week lovely ! :p I'm so so happy for you, so well deserved ! :):)

Kay xx

Yayyyyyy
Well done you absolute star :)
I'm so happy for you , 6.5 stone is flipping amazing,
You'll soon be in the 17's, I know the feeling getting into the next stone is the best feeling ever :):):):):):):):):)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back