From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Thanks lovelies, was so nice having a bit of a break at the pub yesterday, I certainly needed it!!

Can't wait until exam is over and I can sit down with a massive cuppa and read through all the pages and pages of mini's gossip that I've missed. I'm so behind with things its unreal!

Anyway once again its a flying visit to post my eats for today, then time to hit the books. Thankfully I only have tomorrow morning to work and then I'm off for the next week before my exam, hopefully that will help with the stress levels!

Tuesday 27th May - EE
Breakfast - Berries and ff yoghurt
Snack - 1/2 banana
Lunch - Ham salad - 3 syns for dressing
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Steak and ale stew with carrots, peas, onions and mashed potato - 7 syns
Total - 10 syns

A lot better on the food front today with no naughties in sight thankfully. Determined to have a 100% week, despite all your faith in me I seriously doubt I'll get a good loss this week but I'm still gonna get weighed on Sunday so I can see my monthly weight loss total. With all the stress and wanting to comfort eat atm I'd be soo proud of myself if I could manage any loss, so for once I'd be delighted with a pound.

Anyways time to eat my lunch (I know look at the time, 3pm!) and start studying xxx

Hope the revision is going well. I'm often quite jealous of your life (you sound so sorted, and what with the lovely fiancé, travel and wedding plans...!), but I'm really not jealous of exams! You seem to have lots of motivation and willpower for things though so I'm sure you'll do well. I'm in awe at all the stuff you're achieving and fitting in!

Hope the revision is going well. I'm often quite jealous of your life (you sound so sorted, and what with the lovely fiancé, travel and wedding plans...!), but I'm really not jealous of exams! You seem to have lots of motivation and willpower for things though so I'm sure you'll do well. I'm in awe at all the stuff you're achieving and fitting in!

That's such a sweet post :):) ... and Bev I couldn't agree more, your just brill ! :D xx

Hope the studying has gone well Bev :)

Thanks lovelies once again for the kind comments, study is never-ending but I'm getting there slowly. I've got the next 8 days off work now so hopefully it'll start to feel less rushed for me. Feeling absolutely exhausted ATM so think an afternoon nap is in order before I hit the books. Foodage today is another yummy EE day. Definitely feeling like I'm eating a bit more than usual this week but I guess it's the exam stress.

Edit - had red day in the end as tea was minging!

Wednesday 28th May - Red
Breakfast - chewy d - hexb
Snack - banana
Lunch - ham salad with jacket potato and cheese - hexa x 2, hexb
Snack - sugar free jelly
Tea - chicken Philly pasta dish with veggies - few bites - 3 syns
Supper - grapes
Total - 3 syns

Last edited:

Aww Gwella, that's so sweet! Definitely nothing to be jealous about but I've gotta say I'm happier ATM than I've ever been. Wasn't always like that though, had a nightmare with men/career/weight until this last couple of years, crazy how things have sorted themselves out together. But no you definitely don't want to be me right now, I'm a nervous wreck ATM and wake up in the night panicking and thinking about biology!! Roll on 10 days time when I'm free! Xx

Quick foodie update while I eat my lunch:

Thursday 29th May - Red
Breakfast - Muller and banana
Lunch - Wm pitta bread (hexb) with cheese (hexa) and BBQ chicken, side salad - 2 syns
Snack - Grapes, sugar free jelly
Tea - Home made burger with cheese (hexa) and relish on wm roll (hexb) with side salad - 2 syns
Total - 4 syns

Have a good day ladies xxx

Food sounds very yummy today and I hope the revision is going well. I don't envy you one bit!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Quick foodie update while I eat my lunch:

Thursday 29th May - Red
Breakfast - Muller and banana
Lunch - Wm pitta bread (hexb) with cheese (hexa) and BBQ chicken, side salad - 2 syns
Snack - Grapes, sugar free jelly
Tea - Home made burger with cheese (hexa) and relish on wm roll (hexb) with side salad - 2 syns
Total - 4 syns

Have a good day ladies xxx

Another fab low syn red day ! :):), 2.5lbs here she comes ! :superwoman: :D xx

Hi Bev, hmmm love your food for today I'm going to do homemade burgers tomorrow! how are you feeling about weigh in on Sunday? I was down 3.5 this week but 1.5 was my gain from last week but I did get my 3.5 award which I was happy about. Hope your having a lovely day :) x

Menu sounds so good Bev! It's so good to hear that you have found your happy place in life :)
Just need this exam out of the way now hey!

X

Thanks for stopping by ladies. You have much more confidence than I do about Sunday Kay! I've just been sat on my bum most of the week so I really doubt I'll get 2.5lbs off, that 3lb loss last week was post * week.

Well done on the loss newme! As for Wi I'll honestly be happy with anything, but if a miracle was to happen and I got my 2.5lb it'd be a massive boost for my morale with all the exam boredom and stress I'm feeling at the moment! Can't wait to be in the 17's...

The burgers are just cooking now, I'm starving, can't wait!! xxx

You have much more confidence than I do about Sunday Kay! I've just been sat on my bum most of the week so I really doubt I'll get 2.5lbs off, that 3lb loss last week was post * week.

lol :p you know in slimming world they say you can have losses without exercise, and stress can sometimes give us losses too, I know its not the best way lol, but staying positive for you. :):) You've done some fab low syn red days too. I hope that translates into a fab loss for you hun. Can't change that about me I'm afraid, will always want more for you :D xx

Bless ya Kay that's so sweet! You're right about stress having strange affects so who knows? I'm going to try and keep food quite light over the next couple of days to compensate for lack of doing anything! I know I've lost weight before without exercise but since then my 30-45 min daily walk to work has been happening 5 days a week, now I'm just sat on my bum revising I don't feel like I need as much. Quickly updating my planned food before starting another fun day of revision. Getting sick to the back teeth of it now! Ah well, 6 more days!

Friday 30th May - red
Breakfast - grapes
Lunch - wm pitta bread with ham salad and cheese - hexa, hexb, 3 syns
Snacks - sugar free jelly, banana, crisps (6 syns) chewy d (hexb)
Tea - side salad and cheese (hexa)
Total - 9 syns

Two more days until weigh in, really hope I've lost, keep listening to that Stevie Nicks song 'on the edge of seventeen', and while I'm sure Stevie has never been 18 stone I can't help giggling and applying it to my situation! Can't wait to be in those 17's! The annoying thing is if I'm not in the 17's on Sunday, which is highly likely, I'll have to wait another 2 weeks! I'm going back to fortnightly wi's after this week and a weekly wi next weekend really isn't an option as there'll be loads of post exam celebrating to do.. Ah well, why am I stressing? I'm so impatient sometimes! X

Last edited:
I know what you mean about being impatient, but these things take time and every day takes you one step closer to your goal (look at me being all philosophical!). Best of luck with the revision, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I know what you mean Bev! I would love to be in the 17's before my holidays but realistically I don't think it will happen. I'm wishing the weight would shift quicker but then think ok well it all didn't go on overnight so it's not going to shift overnight but we are getting closer and closer to where we want to be all the time albeit slowly. Slow is good though nice and steady. My little aim is my 4stone before holidays I've 3 weigh in's to go and need 6.5lbs to do it.
Your food looks great for today just on the hunters chicken do you just make that yourself with a BBQ sauce? That sounds like something I would love. Hope the revision goes well today & you have a lovely day :) x

Ruby - thanks Hun, just can't wait till it's all over now, really ready for a break!

Newme - wow well done, I agree, no matter whether or not we achieve all the targets we set ourselves the main thing is the big picture and that we're getting there, however slowly it might sometimes seem!

Oh and the BBQ sauce it just a Heinz squeezey bottle, I don't have a lot though, just a thin coating on the chicken, but it tastes great and is only a couple of syns!

---

Can't stop munching today - thankfully it's all been on plan ! Had a banana and a chewy d, so glad I had a hexb left as I needed something filling. Tummy is still growling at me so I'm off to get a sugar free jelly. There's definitely something to be said about stress coupled with being stuck at home making me more hungry than normal, and I was wanting to eat a bit lighter than usual too with no exercise happening, ah well! Grr!

I was thinking back 5 years ago when I did my law exams. I'd always sit with a full bag of share size choccy at the side of me and in the evening get take away because I had no time to cook! And I wouldn't eat like a normal persons takeaway, it'd be a whole 12 inch pizza with extra cheese, just for me! And I'd probably have dessert after too! No wonder I got to the weight I did! It's so sad now when I look back, I wasted most of my 20's being self conscious and unhappy with my weight, so glad I discovered sw! I'm just glad I get to go to uni again to make up for last time xxx

Back