From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Love this post, sounds like you have a plan! You can totally do this Bev I know it :)

You will be applying for your job in 3 years! Seems like ages away but it will fly by!

Hope you have a good weekend :)

X

Afternoon Bev ,
Sounds like a great plan your putting in place , :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Bevvy, hope your having a lovely weekend, the weather has been gorgeous. I will send u a pm tomorrow. It's my last day on mins tomorrow, before my Op :(, will defo catch up with you before I go ! Take care hun. :):) xx

Hi Bev glad your exam went so well and I love your motivation! ! Fling some my way lol. Looks like 2 of us going back to learning and retraining very exciting!! Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Confession time - I'm struggling!

Since I last posted had a 100% SW day on Saturday, then Sunday came and we decided to go public with the engagement at last. I'm so glad as keeping it a secret (apart from to you lot, parents and bessie mates) was doing my head in! So anyway Sunday ended up being off plan as we did a little celebrating - drinks, cupcake and milkshake! :rolleyes:Anyway, then today came and I was going to get 100% bang on plan, but I'm just not in the zone. That milkshake has given me terrible sickness/runs (sorry, hope you're not eating!) and I've been in bed half to day. So much for C25K eh?! :(

So yeah, I haven't even counted syns today. To be fair we don't really have anything 'bad' in the house and I've been too lazy to get dressed, but I've eaten 3 cereal bars, 3 yoghurts along with a ham salad for lunch and big cheesy pasta for tea. So much for low syns and 100%. I don't know why I'm finding to so hard, I know once I'm back on plan it'll be easy again. But right now I'm finding it harder than I have in months.

Aim for tomorrow - stick on plan - under 15 syns and do C25K. DETERMINED to do this, usually once I've got one good day under my belt I sink back into a good routine again. As for weigh in on Sunday, I'm pushing it back a week to Sunday 22nd! I need to get myself 14 days solid under my belt first or I know I'm not going to like at all what the scales tell me!

Anyway, life is back to normal from tomorrow - work, workout, chill and eat healthy. I can do this! It's amazing how easy healthy eating can be once I'm in the 'zone', but also how tough it can be once I'm out of it. Quitting of course isn't an option, but its been one hell of a rough week, can't remember the last time I've felt so unsure of myself. Its amazing how I've nearly lost 7 stone yet I can still slip back into my old ways so easily - determined to redeem myself this week! xxx

Totally get you there CT... you can and will get back on track! I've had some time off as I just got utterly fed up. Gained a couple of pounds but in the scheme of things so what? Today I'm back to it and my head is back in the right place to do it so although I've indulged I feel it was the right thing to do.

If you can't celebrate your engagement it's a pretty miserable life. Good luck for getting back on track xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Totally get you there CT... you can and will get back on track! I've had some time off as I just got utterly fed up. Gained a couple of pounds but in the scheme of things so what? Today I'm back to it and my head is back in the right place to do it so although I've indulged I feel it was the right thing to do. If you can't celebrate your engagement it's a pretty miserable life. Good luck for getting back on track xx Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Hun, you're right too. It's been the end of my exams/celebrating engagement, life and dieting sometimes just aren't compatible! I'd feel worse if I hadn't enjoyed myself because of food, so no regrets. Like you I feel ready to get back on track now, the first few days are always a bit of a struggle though. Anyway I'm in the right place now and all ready for a 100% SW day again tomorrow. Well done on getting back on plan, it's nice to know I'm not alone in falling off track a little. It's such a long journey so no wonder it gets a bit rocky at times, we're only human xx

Absolutely. Don't forget that "normal" people (those who have never had a weight problem) will also fluctuate or eat more than normal at special occasions.

Obviously to reach our goals we gave to be strict and not give in to every temptation but with such a long journey unless you want to let life pass you by you have to accept you won't necessarily be perfect 100% of the time, but you will overcome any blips and reach goal at the end of it :) xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's right Mrs G, I think some times it's easy to be overly hard on ourselves but in the grand scheme of things a few pounds isn't going to change anything.

Feeling really positive this morning about getting back on track. Looking forward to my run and think I'll treat myself to Subway salad afterwards. Hope you have a good day, It'll be a tough one for me as the first day back on plan usually is, but it'll be soo worth it! :)

I think you're doing great Bev! Life does get in the way sometimes but I think having the courage to stand up and take control back is the key, even if you have an off plan meal, day, week doesn't mean you've failed or change what you've achieved so far. I think learning to deal with these things are just part of the journey and you and a lot of celebrating to do this weekend so it was a well deserved break.

Enjoy your run and subway salad! I'm going to get one for lunch as well I think!

X

I totally agree with what everyone else has said; life "gets in the way" of the slimming journey sometimes but as long as you don't go back to your old ways and get straight back on plan afterwards then you shouldn't feel guilty about it! Enjoy your run!

Thanks ladies! Loved my run today, it felt so good to get back into C25K again. Surprisingly I wasn't as bad as I expected to be, definitely a bit quicker and less out of breath than first time around when I started. Really looking forward to day 2 now, can see this running lark getting addictive as I feel completely buzzing afterwards!

So far so good with the diet too. Having a super healthy and low syn day. Tomorrow will be tough though as I'm going to my parents for tea and then out for drinks (diet coke for me!) with friends. Thankfully Mum is cooking chicken and veggies as a special request from me, so it'll be on plan. It's my friends birthday though so hopefully there won't be too many naughties to tempt me with!

Had an awful moment today where I caught sight of myself in the gym and realised just how far I have left to go. I HATE my arms, the bingo wings are horrible and really need to go! I wouldn't be seen dead in a strapless wedding dress unless there is a HUGE improvement between now and then. Determined to really knuckle down now and focus on food, diet and exercise over these next 3 months before uni. I'm tired of being big now and despite all the progress I've made I can't wait to get to that point where I look in the mirror and actually like what I see! Not trying to be down on myself or my achievements so far, but I've realised just how far I have left to go. But not going to dwell on it, a day at a time will get me where I want to be! :)

Food for today was a yummy red day, still not had tea yet but determined not to deviate from plan too much.

Day 1 - Tuesday 10th June - Red
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Ham salad with beetroot, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber with dressing - 3 syns
Snack - Raspberries and blackberries topped with ff natural yoghurt and honey - 2 syns
Tea - Home made tomato, red pepper, bacon and red onion soup with wm roll (hexb)
Snack - Carrot battons dunked in philly (hexa)
Total - 5 syns

Exercise
C25k - 30 minutes running/walking
Walk to work - 30 minutes

Morning Bev,
I'm waiting for the time I like what I see too,
I hate my arms and thighs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad you're enjoying running again and if you start kettleball classes again, that will help tone your arms in no time.

Glad you're enjoying running again and if you start kettleball classes again, that will help tone your arms in no time.

Good idea! Saw your post and went on my pure gym app. Kettlebells booked for Monday morning! :)

Should definitely help tone the arms!

Good idea! Saw your post and went on my pure gym app. Kettlebells booked for Monday morning! :)

Should definitely help tone the arms!

Yay! Have to say in the couple of weeks I've started working out I've noticed that my arms are more toned. Just need my shoulder to sort itself out and then I can get straight back to lifting weights!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Quicky post before bed to update the foodage! Another great day on plan. Had a lovely afternoon with my Mum clearing out my old clothes, got loads to sell/donate now!

This evening was great too, pub with Hannah and Nikki and I stuck to diet cokes all night while they were drinking and eating steak and chips, get me! Also asked them and Hannah's sister Bethany to be my bridesmaids, was over the moon when they said yes! Feeling very smiley and happy at the moment, loving all the wedding planning and dress talk. I thought I'd hate all that stuff but by the end of it I'm sure I'll be bridezilla! ;)

Anyway, food then bed for me:

Day 2 - Wednesday 11th June - EE
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - Tomato and basil pasta - 2 syns
Snack - Apple and grapes
Tea - Chicken, broccoli, peas, cauliflower and potatoes with light gravy - 2 syns
Total - 4 syns

Exercise
30 mins walking to/from work

---

Plans for tomorrow: work, hit the gym for some more C25K and then start working on the to do list of things that have piled up while I've been studying!

Also reeeaaalllly need to catch up on diaries..I'm soooo behind!!

Feeling loads better today about being back on track, its so much easier to do this now I'm busy with work and gym again!

Great day Bev. Sounds like you are back in the zone. I was down 2lbs this week I'm delighted (yet to update my sig!)
The wedding talk is so exciting isn't it! I can't stop looking at dresses etc! I'm holding off on trying some on until I get another stone or two off! Do you have any ideas on styles you like?

Great day Bev. Sounds like you are back in the zone. I was down 2lbs this week I'm delighted (yet to update my sig!)
The wedding talk is so exciting isn't it! I can't stop looking at dresses etc! I'm holding off on trying some on until I get another stone or two off! Do you have any ideas on styles you like?

Well done on the 2lbs down!

I'm the same as you, can't stop looking at dresses. I'm not sure what kind of style I'm going to get though yet, a lot will depends on what my body shape is like by then. I love little strapless 1950's style dresses, but definitely need to get on the kettlebells if I'm going to bare my arms in one of those! I reckon in the end I'll just try loads on until I find the 'one'. What sort of dress are you fancying?

---

Another solid day on plan so far, third in a row now so I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting back into the zone now. It's amazing how easy slimming can be when you're in the right mindset. The hardest bit is just getting into that place after a bit of a break, but think I've cracked it again now thankfully! :) All this wedding talk is helping too, keeping my eyes on the prize n' all that!

Asked my final bridesmaid Mel today and she said yes too, so now I have 4 bridesmaids, woop! We all get on really well and have known each other for over 10 years, so it'll be loads of fun! Next job - organising the hen weekend!

Went to the gym today but honestly I nearly DIED! Okay, slight exaggeration but I must remember to eat lunch before a workout. I'd had my breakfast at 8am and then by the time I'd finished work, done some shopping and got to the gym it was 2.45pm, still hadn't eaten and I felt so weak while I was running. The main thing is that I completed C25K, but I'm not going to be daft about it any more. When I'm finishing work at 1 I need to either have a pre gym snack then, or lunch first, at one point I was seeing black spots in front of my eyes and feeling faint! :rolleyes: Never again!

Day 3 - Thursday 12th June - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Snack (post gym!) - banana
Lunch - 2 large portabella mushrooms with cheesy (hexa) scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil (hexb)
Snack - Fresh strawbs and raspberries topped with ff natural yoghurt and tsp honey - 2 syns
Tea - Hunters chicken - chicken topped with bacon, BBQ sauce (2 syns) and cheese (hexa) with side salad of lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, beetroot and onion - 2 syns
Total - 4 syns

Exercise
C25k Week 1 Day 2 - 30 minutes running/walking
Walk to/from work - 30 mintes

Back