From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

No thunder storm around here but the temperature are back to "normal" :D

Well Disney, it seems I follow you: I only lost 2lbs this week. Still, 24lbs for my first month is not bad :)

What worries me though is that like you I didn't lose any inches either :confused:

Hey Tazzy, are you a teacher as well?

Book-worm, l'm not too concerned about no change in my measurements, l have such faith in this diet, based on previous experience l know if l stick to it and don't go off plan the results on both the scales & tape measure will follow at some point, maybe not as fast as l would like, but l know l will get there, l've just got to be patient.

When l saw my CDC this week she said she could see how focused and determined l was.
I just keep thinking 3 CD + 3 litres of water = weight loss. It will happen! :)
(l've always aimed for 3 litres of water a day).

Wow Disney you sound so positive and determinded, hope some of it rubs off on me.

Had a good day CD wise yesterday SS all the way :)

Have a good day everyone.

Book-worm, l'm not too concerned about no change in my measurements, l have such faith in this diet, based on previous experience l know if l stick to it and don't go off plan the results on both the scales & tape measure will follow at some point, maybe not as fast as l would like, but l know l will get there, l've just got to be patient.

When l saw my CDC this week she said she could see how focused and determined l was.
I just keep thinking 3 CD + 3 litres of water = weight loss. It will happen! :)
(l've always aimed for 3 litres of water a day).

Oh yes I agree :) Still I wouldn't mind losing a dress size :p

Hi. Not been here regulary so havent post much!

Im not feeling too good. I seem to be craving everything today! I also feel sick whenever I think of the powder shakes and how sickly sweet they were and it makes me gag a little! Hoping an early sleep will help.

I also found out that theres a family birthday meal next weekend and I dont know what kind of food there is. :(

quizzicalgrrl said:
hi chunkey, have you tried the soups?

Yeah I tried the oriental chili and tomato but they weren't nice at all. Im on the tetras now though.

Also I wont reach an acceptable weight in 12 weeks when I have to stop for uni. Wish I heard about CD sooner!

Hey CM, sorry you're feeling poorly. I hated the shakes during my first week, and I'm not on Tetras only. It's pricey but worth it as far as I'm concerned.

During Week 2, I was craving the oddest food, to the point I thought I was pregnant! There was this once were I went completely crazy after watching an add for salmon: I don't even eat meat and fish :eek: But it passes. In fact, I just remembered I forgot to take my tetra this morning and I'm not even hungry. Yes, chewing and tasting food would be nice but I'm really not bothered.

You can do it. Even at uni, you could go up the plans for a little, so you can factor in a bit of partying :)

CM have you tried the shakes hot. I always have the chocolate one hot, I don't like it cold, but love it hot. Also the vanilla is nice hot with a spoon of coffee in, I kid myself its a Starbucks vanilla latte!! I tried Cambridge cappuccino but didn't like it too strong coffee taste for me.

I agree with Book-Worm you could still do it at uni, if you are self catering, if you are catered it could be more difficult but do able, if you move up the plans. Either way stick with it for 12 weeks and you will lose loads.

trisha said:
CM have you tried the shakes hot. I always have the chocolate one hot, I don't like it cold, but love it hot. Also the vanilla is nice hot with a spoon of coffee in, I kid myself its a Starbucks vanilla latte!! I tried Cambridge cappuccino but didn't like it too strong coffee taste for me.

I agree with Book-Worm you could still do it at uni, if you are self catering, if you are catered it could be more difficult but do able, if you move up the plans. Either way stick with it for 12 weeks and you will lose loads.

Thanks! I think I didnt dilute them so may try them again soon. I have these cup measures and just to leave a bit out so using 227ml of water in it. So probably adding water should make it better, plus it will last longer!

I dont really like coffee or hot drinks as I like them lukewarm-ish. I use to make a cup of tea, wait ages and drink it all in one go.

Unfortunatley, I chose catered, but theres a kitchen as you dont get evening meals on weekends. The kitchens are average size so should be ok.

Ive been thinkong, its not really about weight but measurements. I just want to feel more comfortable in clothes at uni and hopefully make it more enjoyable!

Thanks! I think I didnt dilute them so may try them again soon. I have these cup measures and just to leave a bit out so using 227ml of water in it. So probably adding water should make it better, plus it will last longer!

I dont really like coffee or hot drinks as I like them lukewarm-ish. I use to make a cup of tea, wait ages and drink it all in one go.

Unfortunatley, I chose catered, but theres a kitchen as you dont get evening meals on weekends. The kitchens are average size so should be ok.

Ive been thinkong, its not really about weight but measurements. I just want to feel more comfortable in clothes at uni and hopefully make it more enjoyable!

Yeah, catered isn't great. I mean don't get me wrong, when you're a student, it is VERY convenient, but the food is usually pretty poor and full of junk (hence why so many students join the gym on campus :D ) Actually, I put all my weight on while a student in catered accommodation in the UK..... If I had to do it again, I'd join the sports centre on campus and go to their gym classes, often very cheap. Some can be even free as they are a way for Sports Studies students to practise their trade.

Toning up works so well for men as you're naturally built to build up muscles. Seriously, you should see if there is a sport centre on your future campus. And it's a great way to meet people.

But as Trisha already said, you will have lost loads by the end of August, especially if you throw in a bit of exercise in the mix. So don't lose heart :)

Book-Worm said:
Yeah, catered isn't great. I mean don't get me wrong, when you're a student, it is VERY convenient, but the food is usually pretty poor and full of junk (hence why so many students join the gym on campus :D ) Actually, I put all my weight on while a student in catered accommodation in the UK..... If I had to do it again, I'd join the sports centre on campus and go to their gym classes, often very cheap. Some can be even free as they are a way for Sports Studies students to practise their trade.

Toning up works so well for men as you're naturally built to build up muscles. Seriously, you should see if there is a sport centre on your future campus. And it's a great way to meet people.

But as Trisha already said, you will have lost loads by the end of August, especially if you throw in a bit of exercise in the mix. So don't lose heart :)

Well when I was choosing, it was the newest and nicest looking accommodation and its ensuite but I ideally would of prefered self catering but most SC halls are off campus which is 20 min by bus, where as mine is closer.

I have looked and it does seem quite cheap but a little confusing with all this off peak, on peak restricted type of thing! It is something I would defintley do.

I mentioned a power plate which Ill do until the end of week two, and then go on the treadmill I have which hasnt seen daylight in months!

Im going to be a science student and heard most lectures/labs are in the mornings so might have a few free afternoons to go to the gym! :)

I do hope to stick to CD For as long as possible and perhaps could takes some products with me?

Well when I was choosing, it was the newest and nicest looking accommodation and its ensuite but I ideally would of prefered self catering but most SC halls are off campus which is 20 min by bus, where as mine is closer.

I have looked and it does seem quite cheap but a little confusing with all this off peak, on peak restricted type of thing! It is something I would defintley do.

I mentioned a power plate which Ill do until the end of week two, and then go on the treadmill I have which hasnt seen daylight in months!

Im going to be a science student and heard most lectures/labs are in the mornings so might have a few free afternoons to go to the gym! :)

I do hope to stick to CD For as long as possible and perhaps could takes some products with me?

Definitely take some with you: you never know! Although to be fair, the first few weeks seem to be a constant string of partying and pub crawls so, if you're the partying type, you may not be able to SS a lot ;) However, you may want to pick it up later, when things are a bit quieter :)

There is always a freshers induction or tour on campus' sports centres so go along and ask as many questions as possible :D And above all, enjoy your uni years, because this is a great experience. Which uni are you going to?

Book-Worm said:
Definitely take some with you: you never know! Although to be fair, the first few weeks seem to be a constant string of partying and pub crawls so, if you're the partying type, you may not be able to SS a lot ;) However, you may want to pick it up later, when things are a bit quieter :)

There is always a freshers induction or tour on campus' sports centres so go along and ask as many questions as possible :D And above all, enjoy your uni years, because this is a great experience. Which uni are you going to?

Haha! Im not really but it is freshers week...:) I think thats a good idea, though may do a target revolving around christmas as well.

I hopefully will do. Thanks! Im going to Leeds university but on a gap year right now. 12 weeks today! :S

BW you are making me want to go back to uni! Sigh. Seriously CM if you can stick to a sachet/tetra for bfast while you are at school it will help.

As far as an acceptable weight, any weight you are is acceptable for that day with room to change. I want you to be happy with you xxx

quizzicalgrrl said:
BW you are making me want to go back to uni! Sigh. Seriously CM if you can stick to a sachet/tetra for bfast while you are at school it will help.

As far as an acceptable weight, any weight you are is acceptable for that day with room to change. I want you to be happy with you xxx

I hope to do so! Thanks for your encouraging words!

On another note, my sister had my favourite dominoes puzza and left one slice. It was calling my Name but I managed to avoid!! :)

Last edited:
Back