From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Trisha, well done on your loss.

Thanks for your input re the school situation, it really is a help. I've got a few relatives who are teachers - my SIL, 2 cousins & our niece. I've went into detail with all that's happened with my cousin in Glasgow, who has taught in various schools, incl one in a so called deprived area of the city and she has been appalled at the response of my son's school.
Having said that l think they are finally taking on board that things can't go on the way they have, the head teacher had a mentality that severe bullying wasn't happening in his school or at least he wasn't willing to admit it.

Last edited:
Wow she looks great! thanks Disney

Day 7 and according to scales another 1lb down :D will alter tickers after WI tomorrow. I'm going to go off my WI while I'm still at school, rather than cdc's as I see her in the evening after several litres of water etc wi is always a 1 - 2 lbs more (same on my scales in the evening) In the holidays I see her in the morning before I have anything to drink etc and her scales are the same as mine.

My daughter has just go her second year results from uni she's got a 1st again, so she's over the moon (as are me and her dad) she's on a 2 week long "vacation scheme" at a top London law firm at the moment and is loving it, she has a "Training Contract" interview next week, so fingers crossed she gets it.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited:
Book-Worm, :welcome2: to the team. Great to have you onboard. How long have you been doing CD? How are you finding it?

Have a good weekend everyone. :)

Last edited:
Book-worm, you're doing really well so far, just saw your signature 22lb lost in the first 3 weeks is fantastic!

Today, l've not been very well with this virus thing, OH is unwell with it too. I've had 2 CD today & 1/2 a small piece of carrot cake, strange since l don't really like carrot cake, but l just felt l needed something to give me a bit of energy, l only ate half as l didn't like it, it's not made any difference energywise, bet it's knocked me out of ketosis though. Never mind onwards!

If you don't drink enough water does that slow your losses down?

Hi guys new member here! How are you?

Just some Background info: Im a 19 year old guy whose technically started the diet, usuing some old packs my mother had. I have got a meeting next week to properly go through it. Kind of excited! :)

I am going to sleep but will chat some more later!

Chunkeymonkey, :welcome2: to the team. Great to have you onboard. How are you finding the diet so far? I'm just going to see if l can find the thread by a guy who had great success with CD & has maintained his weight loss, there was also an online blog/newsletter he wrote called the Diet Guy, not sure if he still writes it. - back in a min.
:)
edit - here's the thread
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...mation/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html

If you click on his username (icemoose) on the left of the thread you'll be able to look up other posts and threads by him - he's inspiring.

There's a thread about him in the success stories section of the forum
http://www.minimins.com/success-stories/10805-icemoose-one-year-now-two-new-photos-added.html

Last edited:
On this team we now have:
Quizz
DisneyParis
Trisha
Tazzy
Book-Worm
Chunkeymonkey

Trisha, meant to say earlier that's brilliant news about your daughter's uni exam results. :winner:

Hi Chunkey and Bookworm! Brilliant to have you on board. Loved catching up on everyone's news... and brilliant exam results!

I've just finished my first week of CD. Not seeing my counsellor today, so I did my own weigh in. I've lost 9.5 pounds in week 1. I'm delighted, but looking forward to losing 2 more pounds and dropping through into the next stone zone :)

Last edited:
Disney, I think it does slow your losses if you don't drink enough water, Quizz will be able to confirm. I struggle with this at times as well, especially when it's colder outside (not quite as bad in summer). I've started having my water hot, and it's a little easier.

Sorry to hear you and OH been unwell, hope you both better soon

Tazzy, that's a brilliant 1st week loss, well done. :happy096:

Feeling a bit better this morning, OH is much the same. Having to go to the supermarket later today as l didn't manage yesterday.

Had a sneak peek on the scales this morning, and going the right way, but not as good as l'd hoped for 2nd week of restart, l thought l would have lost about 2lbs more, so looks like drinking too little water last few days has had an effect, either that or the 1/2 piece of carrot cake has done the damage, it's probably both. :rolleyes:

Must stay 100% SS today & drink loads of water. Weigh-in tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

Good to hear you are feeling better Disney.

I'm definately struggling on the water front, as its difficult at work, I can't sit in the classroom drinking water, and as I'm on breakduty everyday there's no chance there, other than a quick sip. I do better at weekends but no much :( will really have to up it, should be easier when we break up in 3 weeks. CDC keeps telling me to drink more water

I totally lost the plot yesterday, not sure why, but had a couple of muller yoghurts, and a piece of low gi bread so must get back on track today.

Last edited:
Welcome Chunkymonkey :welcome2:

Fantastic loss Tazzy well done.

My daughter has just go her second year results from uni she's got a 1st again, so she's over the moon (as are me and her dad) she's on a 2 week long "vacation scheme" at a top London law firm at the moment and is loving it, she has a "Training Contract" next week, so fingers crossed she gets it.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Ah, I have a friend who is a first year, fretting about getting a law contract. Good Luck to your daughter!

Last edited:
Back