From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Hi Quizz, I feel great after the walk today thanks, my feet aren't sore (maybe they will be tomorrow! ). I walk quite a bit day to day normally.

Anni, l'm sure you'll be able to lose around a stone in 5 weeks, in time for your holiday. You have done soooo well so far.

The target l've set myself for June is to lose 12lbs, l would love it to be more, but we'll see - l've got a couple of birthday parties to go to & a meal out later this month, before l go on holiday on 26th June.

Disney I am so glad your feet are ok! We had another gorgeous sunny day down here in London so did some Gardening, walked to the shops, etc. How was your day?

Anni I think for sure you can make it in the 5 weeks. Imagine how amazing you will feel with another stone off!

xx

Hi Quizz, l've had a great day today, spent the day at my sister in law's, mainly out in the garden. The weather here has been gorgeous sunshine, l hope it stays like this (here on the west coast of Scotland we usually tend to get rather a lot of rain). Our school summer holidays begin on 26th June - so l hope we get good weather then.

Hope everyone has a great CD week. :)

Hi QuizzicalGrrl, I got your message and was wondering if was still a place here? If so, would love to join you guys...

I am Zoe, I am 24 and from Bucks. I am getting married in May next year and am desperate to loose 5 stone by then, have tried and failed on every other diet going so am taking the plunge with the VLCD. I did do CD for about a week a few months ago but I never stuck to it, this time I am more determind than ever as I am fast running out of time, hope you will have me...

Ohh, not sure if its a problem but I cant start the shakes until Friday as CD can't see me now until Thursday night. Until then I am cutting out the carbs x

hi all....

hope we are enjoying the sunshine!!! (very rare in Scotland, so taking advantage)
just a quick one before i head to bingo!!! I know, i know...old lady alert! lololol:D

welcome Zoe!:):):)

Hope you guys are all raring to go, another week in CD-land. i have my WI tomorrow night, so fingers crossed.

btw...do we have a spreadsheet with which we enter weekly losses onto???

anni
xxxxxx

Welcome Zoe!

Hi Zoe! Welcome to the team!! We are totally excited to have you join in.

I am in London so Bucks isn't too far away at all.

The first step in CD is preparation which means cutting down on the carbs so you are already off to a super start!

5 Stone is certainly acheivable by next May.

You CAN do this, and we are here to support you all the way!

Cxx

Hi Zoe, :welcome2: to Team 26. Good luck with CD and reaching your weight loss goal. As Quizz said losing 5st on CD is very achievable.

CD is the first diet that l've managed to stick to for more than 3 weeks, l've been on it for the past 12 weeks now & lost 3 stone, which sounds a lot compared to what you lose on other diets, but about a stone a month is average on CD in the early stages l think.

Last edited:
Hi guys - Thanks for the welcome :)

I am 110% committed to this and am so glad to have a team to help me with what Im sure is going to be the best and worst thing I have ever done!

Good news, I have found a CDC about 5 mins from me who can see me tomorrow morning so I will be starting tomorrow, weirdly excited! I have spent far to many years faffing about with other diets, loosinga stone, getting bore, putting it back on etc and enough is enough, I have always been quite a shy and reserved person but I am even worse at the moment, I am 24 and feel like i'm 60 or something as never go out, turn down every invite to parties etc I get and it can't continue, I don't want to hate my wedding pics and want DF to be proud of me (even though he says he loves me whatever).

Thanks for having me and look forward to getting to know you all!

Zoe x

p.s. let me know if I need to do anything...

Hi zoe! You will look even more fantastic next year!! good luck.

had fun at bingo (hehehe) and managed to win £10! helped pay for CD tis week. Just got home from my WI... i've managed to lose 7lbs!!!! yipeee dooo dah! :D:D:D:D
Im in the 12's (ive NEVER been in the 12s as an adult!) so im chuffed to bits.

Now off to update the ticker, give my new teamies a hug :grouphugg: then go online sourcing crystals for a couple of bride- to- be's wedding tiaras! fun fun fun.

have a wonderful night everyone.

take care

anni
xxxxxx

Hi guys - Hope everyone is ok and enjoying the sun - makes me even more determined!

My CDC cancelled on me yesterday so I am just waiting until tomorrow evening now to start ss, she is going to come to me which is quite handy. Can I just ask, did your OH's agree with you doing the diet from the start? Mine thinks I should just do Weight Watchers but I have tried this before, works for a couple of weeks and the thats it, I know they all work if you stick to them but as they say an alcoholic can just not drink but we have to eat, hopeing by taking choice and actual food away for a while, ill be able to overcome my food issues, I am a serious binge eater and always have been, no idea why I do it, just can't help it.

x

:Dhey Zoe!!

My hubby was a bit sceptical...but now!!! he loves the new me more (i think/hope) his arms now go right around me, and he thinks i look much sexier!!!;);) so thats gotta be good.

Im like you, i tried WW, SW, Atkins, cabbage diets, the works and they are all great for about a month, then you have a little slip....and this leads to the big slip back into Foodville!!!

This works Zoe! i just wish i had found this years ago, especially before i got married, so that i could have been a goreous slim bride :(:( But, im here now and fingers crossed i shift the next and last 3 stones this year!

tell you Oh you will be more confident and more energetic and you will have the most fun on your honeymoon! ;);)

good luck with your cdc

Hope everyone else is having a good day...got totm, so nurofen here i come *bleurgh*

anni
xxxxx

anni
xxxxxxx

Hello Friends,

I think loads of people are skeptical/afraid of the CD as they havent been well informed about it. Maybe it will help if you explain the principles behind it?

Another sunny day here in London but apparently not for long as the weekend is looking rainy.
xx

Hi fellow Team 26sters, hope you are having a good week. :)

Well done Anni on losing 7lbs - that is fantastic. :happy096:

Zoe, my husband (who has never been overweight) was a bit sceptical and concerned about me doing CD when l first started (12 weeks ago) with SS only being 400-odd cals a day, but he's seen that l can continue to lead a (fairly!) normal life, ie still have the energy to work, cook for him & the kids, look after the house & garden while on it and lose weight. Last weekend we did a sponsored walk & l finished ahead of both him & my daughter and l didn't feel tired afterwards.
I can honestly say he has been really supportive, he's pleased that l'm happier with myself now l'm thinner (l've still got another couple of stone to go).
I know he misses us going out for lunch as a family on Saturdays (we used to go out every week), but he's been really good about it & we've went out just occassionally & l've had chicken salad or someting like that.

I'm sooooo glad l heard about CD. :grouphugg:

Last edited:
weigh-in: only 1lb loss this week :(, it's totm for me, so hopefully next week will be (a lot!) better

Hope everyone has a great weekend - be good :D(at least CD-wise ;))

Disney, a loss is a loss! well done you!

Well my w/i was rubbish, as I knew it would be, due to cheating at the w/e and totm. I put on 5! But I know what I have to do and it is onwards and upwards from here.

xxx

Back