From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Hi All

Disney suggested you have places left on the team. Can I join please?

I'm 37, single and live in south east coast of Ireland. It's a 2 hour minimum across a mountain pass to my CDC but she seems to be excellent so is worth it. Plus I can go for a nice walk afterwards around the local lakes :)

If it's OK for me to join you guys can you tell me what to do next?
I'm on Week 1 (day 4) with weigh in on Thursday. I've got an initial target of 6 stone to lose.

Gg

Goreygirl, :welcome2: , pleased to have you on the team. There's nothing else you need to do. Feel free to post on the team thread any time you feel like it - that's what we do. :D

That's quite a journey to see your CDC, but l bet the scenery is beautiful. How often do you go to her?

Trisha & Mum2one post on the thread frequently, l'm sure they'll be along tomorrow to welcome you. Claire joined the team after starting CD a couple of weeks ago, but hasn't posted recently.

:bliss: omg 7lbs in one week :) can't believe it!!!!!! just shows you it works if you do it 100%

How are we doing ladies.....well done for so far :)

Welcome goreygirl just jum straight in :)

xxxx

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

@ Mum2one - that's great! Congratulations :) So are you nearly at your final goal then?

@ Disney - yeah it's a fabulous drive through some amazing countryside but she was the closest CDC. Because we both feel I would benefit from having a "chat" every week at the moment we agreed i'd travel to her. But if that changes I can arrange to collect the packs and be weighed from her place of work which is only 15 minutes drive away. The plan is also do go for a walk after seeing her; she lives slap bang in the middle of one of our National Parks - a place called Glendalough (valley of the 2 lakes) and says there is a nice 90 minute looped walk that goes by her cottage.

Day 5 and feeling good :)

Mum2one, 7lbs is a fab and well deserved result, bet you're glad you stuck with it. I'm really pleased for you. :happy096:

If l was to get a loss like that now (even with totally staying on plan) it would be a miracle l think, but l live in hope. :D I think my metabolism must have slowed down or something. As of this morning l'm getting back into exercising again more for to tone up & lose an inch or two rather than any great affect it will have on what the scales say. When l was this weight earlier this year (when l was exercising) my hips and waist were both an inch less.

Goreygirl, glad diet is going well for you.
Where your CDC lives sounds lovely. I've been to Powerscourt gardens/waterfall, not sure if that's in the same area of southern ireland.
My CDC lives literally up the road from me - she lives in the same street.

Completed day 1 of the 5K challenge - will post on your thread in a minute. Thanks for starting the challenge, it couldn't have came at a better time for me, it's just what l'm needing right now to motivate me to get back jogging again.

Hey

It's not far from Powerscourt... just further into the mountains so you're in the right area. This time next year I want to be tramping those hills on a regular basis :)

There is a 10k even in Dublin on the 18 December that 2 friends who run have challenged me to do; even if I walk half of it. That's my target but have been putting off starting so great to have a running buddy :)

hi everyone

welcome Goreygirl sounds like you live in a beautiful part of britain, I've never been to Ireland, would love to go sometime.

well done mum2one 7 lbs is fantastic. like Disney it would be a miracle if I lost that much think my metabolism has slowed right down.

But I've managed 3 days ss, just got back from the gym, and had a veg soup.

hi everyone

welcome Goreygirl sounds like you live in a beautiful part of britain.

Thanks for the welcome Trish but just have to say that Ireland isn't in Britain.

Trisha, glad it going well for you too. What day is your weigh-in?

If l've got this correct, weigh-in days:
Mum2one - Monday
Goreygirl - Thursday
DisneyParis - Friday

ooops sorry Goreygirl sorry geography isn't my strong point:eek:

Disney well my wi day used to be monday but over the summer changed days a couple of times due to either me or cdc having weeknds away. This week it will be Thursday as cdc doesn't get back until then.

@ Trish.. no worries...it's just a bit of a "red flag to a bull" moment to us ...like telling a Canadian they are American :)

I see you are halfway through your journey! That's fab. How are you finding it now?

:( weighed myself this morning, since my weigh-in last Friday morning (4 days ago) l've sts, scales stuck at exactly 11st! :( Fri & Sat was SS+ (incl 120g chicken & some cucumber), Sun & Mon 100% SS. It's been totm, but lack of a result is still annoying. I'm still sticking with SS for now until after the wedding, then might do 810 or SS+, l'll see what my CDC suggests.

It's frustrating when you know you are totally and honestly sticking to the plan and not getting results or very slow ones. I've had plateauing before, but l'm sure it didn't go on as long. Need to make sure l'm drinking enough water, l usually drink 3 litres a day, the last couple of days were less than that.

Last November l was 3lbs away from my target weight of 9st 3lbs, then l had to go into hospital for an operation, couldn't go back on CD for a while, put some weight back on in the following 3 months, lost a bit again, put it back on, went on holiday, put some weight on and now here l am trying to lose it again, been back on CD since end Aug. Maybe it's this yo-yoing that's making the losses so slow, as when l initially did CD Mar - Nov 2009 l lost 73lbs in 8 months.

I still want to aim for my original target of 9st 3lb (BMI 22.8), l'm very stubborn. :rolleyes: My CDC thinks l should be happy at 10st (BMI 25) as l'm nearly age 44, but she knows how l'm determined l am. Size 14 clothes fit me just now, but l want to be a size 12.

Just hope l can shift a lb or even 2 by Friday now.

Anyway long moan over for the day. Onwards. :) ps good news was my waist measurement has went down, even if the hips have stubbornly sts.

Last edited:
Just spoke to my CDC - she's great, so encouraging. She says l know it's hard, but stick with it. She has said to me before that losses on CD after the first time round are often not as fast, apart from the first week or so.

Lovely new per una caridigan l'd bought arrived this morning, really pleased with it, it's a smallish size 14 and it fits. :)

Last edited:
Hi all

How's everyone doing?

Well Day 6 today and all going well. I'm desperate for it to be Thursday so I can get weighed! I don't know whether it's my imagination but I feel less bloated already. I've just been for a swim for the first time in ages and feel so proud of myself that I got up of my backside :D

Why not stay off the scales Disney? Weight fluctuates on a day to day basis due to water retention, physiological processes etc so you are better off sticking to the weekly weigh in with your CDC and that way you get a "true" reading and are not wrecking your head in between.

If you feel anxious at the thoughts of putting away your scales that's a sign you need to put them away in itself :p

Great news on the cardi by the way Disney :D

Gorey, guess you're right about staying away from the scales, l've always weighed twice a week since when l first started CD though, my CDC encourages her new clients to come and see her twice a week in the first few weeks if they can (she's a great CDC, been doing it very successfully for over 25 years). These days l feel it would be even more disappointing to get to the end of a full 7 days totally on plan and be surprised/let down at hardly losing anything at all, at least l know where l'm at.

I'm very determined, just need to be patient, keep getting on with it, and maybe not posting about it. :)

hello everyone. It has been ages since I have chatted to you. I had an email from Disney, and I was hoping to come back and take the last spot. I am still a CDC and am trying to lose 18lbs xx

Well Day 6 today and all going well. I'm desperate for it to be Thursday so I can get weighed! I don't know whether it's my imagination but I feel less bloated already. I've just been for a swim for the first time in ages and feel so proud of myself that I got up of my backside :D
Glad it's going well. I think CD does make you feel less bloated. Once you near your goal weight and move up the CD steps/introduce food it's amazing how quickly you feel full, understandable though since your stomach won't have been used to food for quite a while.

Well done on the swimming, keep at it and when you're at goal/maintenance you'll look fab. :)

Back