From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Hey hello team! I've just caught up, all your interesting news. Makes me remember my university days too!

I had my first weigh in with CDC late last night. I'd lost 11.5 pounds, I think, but I didn't keep note as it was 10 days since start, and late in the day. I'll do myself a week 2 weight at home on Sunday.

After my little wobble of cottage cheese and watercress, I'm back on SS. I've had lots of invites out for dinner/cider etc and I've fended them all off... but it's a very antisocial diet to be on, isn't it? I've not told all my friends about the diet yet, might do when they start to notice weight loss.

One good thing though... my BMI says I'm now overweight not obese! Yaay :) I still feel it though.

How is everyone else doing? And thanks for asking after me Quiz xx

Will catch up with postings at the weekend. Hope you all have a fab Friday.

Sorry not had chance to post last couple of days, things have been really hectic with work, school stuff incl end of term (our schools finished yesterday) & also getting organised for my son's 8th birthday which is 1st July, that's today now as it's after 1am! He had his main party with school friends a couple of weeks ago so tomorrow just having family & friends round for lunch, SS+ day for me, so no cake or anything like that for me. For tomorrow l made his birthday cake & bought an icing Star Wars topper for it, l'm really pleased with how it's turned out.

Slipped on wet kitchen floor after cleaning it tonight, hurt my ankle & knee, it's hours later now & l'm still sore, silly me. :eek:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just catching up with posts too. I've also had a busy few days.

Well done on the loss Tazzy, and well done for getting back on SS Book-Worm, although the cottage cheese wobble was ok and ss+. I wish my "wobbles" were so good.

I keep having good and bad days :( I keep doing 3 days then have a blip, (oat cakes,cheese chocolate etc) and end up back a square 1 :cry: Work doesn't help because there isn't a good atmostphere and everyone is ready to stab each other in the back at the drop of a hat, I try and keep out of it and as I'm on duty every break and lunch times I can most of the time. Also I think its possibly because I've only got about a stone or so to go, so it isn't as "urgent" anymore BUT I really need to focus because I really do want to get there.

Disney hope you are okay after your fall, lucky you to have finished school, we still have 2 weeks to go, I can't wait I've really had enough this year.

On a brighter nore my daughter gets back from her "vacation scheme" work experience at the London law firm. She's had a fantastic time, fingers crossed she'll get a training contract from it. She has 2 more vacation schemes in London later in the summer at different law firms as well so there is a good chance that she will.

Disney, I hope you're feeling a bit better! Don't let the knee and ankle unchecked if they hurt.

Trisha, you must be so proud of your daughter :D

Well, it's start of Month 2 for me, so a mini milestone. I didn't think I could make it when I was in agony before ketosis kicked in. ;)

Weird thing happened today. I woke up at 5 today, and not knowing the time, went to the bathroom and weighed myself and hadn't changed since yesterday. I fell back to sleep and did the same 4 hours later and had lost 1.2lbs. Its crazzzy! All I had inbetween was 500ml of water.

Trisha, you must be so proud of your daughter :D

Yes I am thanks Book-Worm :D

Well another so-so day for me not totally off plan but not SS/SS+ I don't know what is wrong with me and why I can't get my head into gear!!!

I'm in a bit of a quandary, there is a job on offer at work and I'm unsure whether to apply for it or not. The thing is "jobs" at our school, especially internal ones, are usually all done and dusted and just a "paper exercise" when in reality the job had normally been more or less decieded upon long before any interviews.

The person leaving is a HLTA like myself, and when she got the job in the first place, she was just given it, even though it should have been offered to all non -teaching staff who were qualified to do it. (there were 3 of us not including her) So when it was announced she was leaving, a few of us made it be known we would like more HLTA hours.

There is this "click" in school known as the Mafia, and they seem get whatever they want, the person leaving is in this click as is another of her friends who is now also HLTA (she wasn't at the time of the original job) and I'm pretty certain she will get it. So the problem is do I apply for the job or not, A couple of the other HLTA's have said they are going to apply for it, even though they know its a done deal, but will apply , just to waste the "powers that be" time, trouble is half the interview panal are in the "Mafia" so we know its probaly a done deal and she would have to say someting really stupid at interview not to get it, she's also been acting like its hers already. Also I'm not really sure if I want the job or not, it would be more money which would be useful but would mean working more closly with the "mafia" which I don't know if I could stand.

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Not seen anyone post in here lately. I have finally updated my stats which I am not proud of :( bt it would be nice to see the train move along! :p

Hello all. Thanks Chunkey for the prod, reviving the thread, and updating your stats. I don't know why you're not proud of your stats... that's brilliant! You've lost 20 lbs and you're on track... that train of yours is looking good :) It will take me two more weigh-ins to get to 20 lbs so you *should* be proud!!

I've had a bit of a wobble this weekend but mainly stayed to SS+. I am meant to be Sole Sourcing, SS, on 3 shakes per day but I've had chicken and salad at the pub, plus a couple of cottage cheese and salad dinners at home. Oh and I was led astray at the pub Friday night... by the time I arrived my friends had already bought me a beer! I genuinely had no intention of cheating, but ended up drinking it... had 2 pints :( Blinding headache the next morning so I learnt my lesson. I've stuck to SS+ since then.

I had my second week weigh-ins at home, lost enough to make it a stone total. I hope I still lose this week after my beer episode!! As a motivator I created myself a ticker :)

Disney... how was your son's party? Did you resist your yummy home made cake? I hope your knee/ankle are better.

Trisha... how are the Mafia? Have you decided about the job? I do hope you will apply :)

Book-worm... how is your new month going? I hope I'll be still here like you, 2 months in, and doing as well as you!

Looking forward to hearing everyone's news xx

Hi everyone, I've had a busy weekend, so not much time to post, but thanks for the prod Chunky, you should be proud of your stats!! you are doing great.

Tazzy, I've had a bit of a wobble (again!) as well :cry: but I'm not going to let it faze me, back on the waggon as of today.

quiz and Book-worm hope you are both well.

Disney, hope the party went well and your foot/ankle are on the mend.

Off to work shortly, I have written a letter of application forthe job, but still undecided whether to hand it in, will see how the mafia are this morning!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a good Monday so far, hopefully a sunny one like here :)

Chunkey, I don't know why you're not happy? This is really good! Keep at it, you will be losing so fast. Men are lucky, they lose much faster :)

Tazz, yay for the stone!!! One stone gone never to come back :)

Trisha, I'd go for the job. It'll be good practice for future interviews and may show the powers that be that you are thinking of your career and of a promotion. :)

Month 2 is OK so far. I have been doing my shred every morning but I can't help but think that I will be able to do much more when I'm 5 stone lighter. Not easy to do all this jumping when you're carrying a young horse with you!!! :eek: (apparently, this is how much I have to lose :rolleyes: )

How are you Disney?

Ouch babes

Slipped on wet kitchen floor after cleaning it tonight, hurt my ankle & knee, it's hours later now & l'm still sore, silly me. :eek:

Hey Lady how is the leg and knee? xx

wow way to go!

Well, it's start of Month 2 for me, so a mini milestone. I didn't think I could make it when I was in agony before ketosis kicked in. ;)

You lost 24lbs in the first mont? That is FANTASTIC xx

my opinion for what it's worth

Yes I am thanks Book-Worm :D

Well another so-so day for me not totally off plan but not SS/SS+ I don't know what is wrong with me and why I can't get my head into gear!!!

I'm in a bit of a quandary, there is a job on offer at work and I'm unsure whether to apply for it or not. The thing is "jobs" at our school, especially internal ones, are usually all done and dusted and just a "paper exercise" when in reality the job had normally been more or less decieded upon long before any interviews.

The person leaving is a HLTA like myself, and when she got the job in the first place, she was just given it, even though it should have been offered to all non -teaching staff who were qualified to do it. (there were 3 of us not including her) So when it was announced she was leaving, a few of us made it be known we would like more HLTA hours.

There is this "click" in school known as the Mafia, and they seem get whatever they want, the person leaving is in this click as is another of her friends who is now also HLTA (she wasn't at the time of the original job) and I'm pretty certain she will get it. So the problem is do I apply for the job or not, A couple of the other HLTA's have said they are going to apply for it, even though they know its a done deal, but will apply , just to waste the "powers that be" time, trouble is half the interview panal are in the "Mafia" so we know its probaly a done deal and she would have to say someting really stupid at interview not to get it, she's also been acting like its hers already. Also I'm not really sure if I want the job or not, it would be more money which would be useful but would mean working more closly with the "mafia" which I don't know if I could stand.

I say go for it. You gotta be in it for you. You have been in this thread for ages and you are a wonderful responsible caring person. You deserve a shot at something you want.
If you don't get it, you wont have to think "what if" and if you do get it I know you can just ignore the mafia and get on with it xx

keep on keeping on!

Hello all.
I've had a bit of a wobble this weekend but mainly stayed to SS+. I am meant to be Sole Sourcing, SS, on 3 shakes per day but I've had chicken and salad at the pub, plus a couple of cottage cheese and salad dinners at home. Oh and I was led astray at the pub Friday night... by the time I arrived my friends had already bought me a beer! I genuinely had no intention of cheating, but ended up drinking it... had 2 pints :( Blinding headache the next morning so I learnt my lesson. I've stuck to SS+ since then.

I had my second week weigh-ins at home, lost enough to make it a stone total. I hope I still lose this week after my beer episode!! As a motivator I created myself a ticker :)

Loving the ticker. Stay away from the booze and you will be golden xx

I say go for it. You gotta be in it for you. You have been in this thread for ages and you are a wonderful responsible caring person. You deserve a shot at something you want.
If you don't get it, you wont have to think "what if" and if you do get it I know you can just ignore the mafia and get on with it xx

That is so true. You'll regret it if you don't at least try :)

Hey Shreddy!

Tazz, yay for the stone!!! One stone gone never to come back :)

Trisha, I'd go for the job. It'll be good practice for future interviews and may show the powers that be that you are thinking of your career and of a promotion. :)

Month 2 is OK so far. I have been doing my shred every morning but I can't help but think that I will be able to do much more when I'm 5 stone lighter. Not easy to do all this jumping when you're carrying a young horse with you!!! :eek: (apparently, this is how much I have to lose :rolleyes: )
QUOTE]

Hi B-W

You are doing amazingly well.! How did you determine you are carrying a small horse?!?!
The weekedn down here in the big smoke was lovely. It was gay pride day on Saturday, and since I don't like crowds, stayed away from town and went to a boot fair on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't buy anything on Saturday but on Sunday for £2 I bout this metal thing that you can use to hold wood inside for the fireplace.

The best news is that I wore my pedometer and walked 7000 steps each day which isnt yet at my goal of 10,000 but much better than I have been doing so pleased with that.

After the boot sale, watched the tennis, went to my friends house, gave all 4 dogs a bath and had an early night at about 9pm. I lost 2 this week so will update my ticker. Back to SS this week xx

2lbs, that's good and well done on the walking!!! I need to get myself one of these pedometers thingy. Where do you get them?

I know I have a small horse to lose because someone posted a list of "equivalent" one day on the Cambridge forum. So say, 1lb is a guinea pig, etc. It's really funny. I'll try to find it!

I also realised I weigh more than Arnie :rolleyes: :eek:

Back