From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

I do hope you are applying, trisha, even if just to make the Mafia bosses have to work to justify their decision!

I had a struggle day yesterday, had 2 shakes and an SS+ dinner. I didn't manage a 3rd shake or enough water. I did do my usual 2-3 hours horse riding. Oddly my scales this morning said I'm up half a pound since yesterday. I hope its just normal fluctuation :s

tisha apply apply apply. Sod those people! xx

So I fear I have the attention plan of a gnat. Still not finished editing that document! xx

Hey.

Im thinking of reducing my target weight to 14 stone which is 196 which is still overweight. This is going to sound weird but I wouldnt mind going to the gym at uni, but I dont want to turn up obese. :)

Then perhaps at uni be careful about what I eat as I know it can get out of hand, being by yourself with a lot of temptation.

However that means I have 76 days to lose 58 pounds which doesnt sound toooo bad, but might not happen. :(

Chunky you can do it if you stick to it :)

I have applied for the job, interviews are tomorrow. 6 on the panel which is a bit excessive for a non teaching post, still unsure if I actually want it, depends on the money because the powers that be haven't decided yet! if its not more money then they can forget it because its a lot more responsibility. In fact I had application letter in my bag and only gave it in just before closing time, another of the TA's feels the same and was going to withdraw her application., but we talked her out of it.

diet wise so so, still doing ss+/810 and weight down one day and up the next :( finding it really hard going at the moment, it doesn't help that there is so much going on at school with end of term looming and a few leaving parties on the cards, think I might low carb until after the holiday.

Ooops

Last edited:
Go for it Chunkey, I am sure you can achieve that. And really pleased you have applied for the job trisha.

I was out and about today, ended up miles from home and really empty without a shake. I popped in to Tesco to see if one of their meal replacement bars would substitute. They are all high in carbs, not same as CD at all. The best I could do was an Atkins shake, so I tried one. GROSS! Really disgusting! Watery, nasty nasty aftertaste, and I have felt sick ever since. Really yuck :(

How has everyone else's day gone?

it is friday whoot!

Tazzy did I ever tell you I love horses and I havent ridden since I have been in the UK and it makes me :(

Trisha how was the interview?

what else is happening?

Are you from outside of the UK, quiz? Where are you from? You're only a couple of hours away from me, pop up and have a ride with me sometime!

Well I didn't get the job, the person we thought would get it did, but I'm relieved really, it's definately not more money, so I wouldn't have been any better off, just a lot more hassle for what could be effectively less pay. (for all the meetings etc you would have to go to)

My daughter has just been offered a training contract with the law firm she did a vacation scheme at last week, this means that when she finishes uni next year they will pay for her to to her LCP and give her a "living allowance" while she does it, then she is guaranteed a job with them while she trains :happy036:

Off out to celebrate with her. Off to see cdc tomorrow, dreading it, because the 3 lbs I lost according to my scales last week have more or less gone back on :( maybe the scales will be kind to me tomorrow

Last edited:
trisha said:
Well I didn't get the job, the person we thought would get it did, but I'm relieved really, it's definately not more money, so I wouldn't have been any better off, just a lot more hassle for what could be less pay.

My daughter has just been offered a training contract with the law firm she did a vacation scheme at last week, this means that when she finishes uni next year they will pay for her to to her LCP and give her a "living allowance" while she does it, then she is guaranteed a job with them while she trains

Oh well. At least you didnt miss out on a payrise!

Well done to your daughter! You must be extremely proud! :)

Brilliant news for your daughter. And I'm pleased about job, shame you didn't get it but sounds like you didn't want it. And it made them treat the interview process properly :)

Confession time. I am sick and tired of sweet things! I have a cravings for a chicken kebab or something savory. I really want food! Tempted to have the weekend off... shall I go get something savory? I can't stand living on sweet milk shakes :(

I resisted! I had tuna and salad :) No dressing or carbs, just good old SS+. I still can't face a sweet shake though... I ought to have it... only had one CD porridge today...

Tazzy well done on resisting! have you tried the soups, they are ok and a change from shakes.

You are right about the job, I didn't really want it, if it had been more hours/pay then I would have, but as it was the same pay and conditions but a lot more hazzle there wouldn't have been any point, and if they had said on the job description no extra hours I wouldn't have bothered applying.

Are you from outside of the UK, quiz? Where are you from? You're only a couple of hours away from me, pop up and have a ride with me sometime!

I would love it. I am American from New York. When I am about 2 stones lighter I will take you up on that x

I resisted! I had tuna and salad :) No dressing or carbs, just good old SS+. I still can't face a sweet shake though... I ought to have it... only had one CD porridge today...

well done Tazzy xx

Morning everyone :) Just 4 more days of school then summer holidays :D hopefully we won't be doing too much as the pupils were hyper enough last week, so we son't get much out of them this week,

Had WI on Saturday lost 2 lbs, which over 2 weeks isn't great but could have been worse, as I have had a few days where I totally "lost the plot" Going to stick with ss this week, might have a ss+ day on last day at school as there is always a farewell buffet for staff leaving. We then go away on Sunday and will be B&B all week so will just eat low carb, I don't like tetras and anything else would be too difficult to do.

Yay!

Into the 17's, which I know is still alot bu for the past 9 days my losses have been minimal! Still a long way to go though!

Hope you are all good! :)

Back