From Hippo to Gazelle!

Glad you feel better hun.

being out of breath is horrible :(

Ohhhhhh I love curly Wurly, 6 syns is good, i found out the cadburys Freddy frogs are 5 syns, but a curly wurly would take longer to eat :)

Oh I would get in a total muddle if i had ww points in my head too :)

I agree with what you saying about the walking, If i have a walk I am less likley to mess up my day eating rubbish, cause I feel i have already done some good through walking so i dont want to muck that up -I hope that make sence!

Its good your hubby supports you by going for a walk, I am lucky to have a good hubby too.

I am sorry I don't get the 1/3 super food just yet- I don't get it at ever meal, maybe it will come in time, not sure. If you lost the weight last time I am sure you will loose it again this time, tweak it to what works for you hun.

Hope you have a good eve. xxx

That was what I did, I started off having a Freddo (but hubby would eat one every time he passed the kitchen, so they didn't last long!) but when I spotted a curly wurly was just 6 I thought that was worth a go, I felt like one of those puppy's chewing on a toffee, lol, but it lasted ages. :)

My husband needs to lose weight too, not quite as much as me, but a few stone off wouldn't harm, lol! But he is a good support, we are quite lucky really aren't we?

What sort of meals are you eating at the moment? I'm a nightmare with food, I used to love all food, I'd eat anything, but a few years ago I developed loads of silly issues and now I'd rather eat chocolate and crisps than actual meals most of the time, I've got to force myself to eat 'real' food sometimes. I think that's why WW doesn't work for me, because I can use my points on anything I make bad choices, like sugary cereal for breakfast and chocolate for lunch!

I've been terrible today, I've gone well over my syns. I've already had a few bags of crisps this afternoon when we were out and about, and I had an Aero earlier when we got home (it was lovely, but very sickly!) and I'm planning on having a bank holiday treat of a few glasses of cider tonight, because I've been using all of my syns daily I don't think I can just make them up, so I think I'll just say it's a 'flexi-syns' day and take the hit on Thursday. I've also had a ham and tomato toastie (HE B) for lunch as well as an egg salad for dinner.

Back on it 'properly' tomorrow. :) xxxx

Yep need to add curly wurlys onto shopping list :) Little one had a Freedo-Oh the mess (hes 15 months!)

Hubby is good, I think I am lucky, If he wants a take away we have agreed to go to our old one and then I can make sure I have a chicken kebbab and loose the pitta-so we have a plan :) to support me rather than I just blow it. Not the healthist of choice put a back up plan. My hubby is on his feet all fay is 6.5" and so slim.

I used to eat rubbish for all meals- I am enjoying the SW meals, but I like cooking and so far all the meals I have made we can have as a family, I made turkey burgers tonight, little one ate them tonight :) was pleased. Hunters chicken, chicken curry ( made it wayyyyy to spicy) Planning on a omelette tomorrow I have it in my head i want to be healthy, not just loose weight-I hope that makes sense?

Sound like you have had a healthy day hun a few bank holiday drinks wont do you much harm i am sure. Enjoy cheers :)

xxx

Yep need to add curly wurlys onto shopping list :) Little one had a Freedo-Oh the mess (hes 15 months!)

Hubby is good, I think I am lucky, If he wants a take away we have agreed to go to our old one and then I can make sure I have a chicken kebbab and loose the pitta-so we have a plan :) to support me rather than I just blow it. Not the healthist of choice put a back up plan. My hubby is on his feet all fay is 6.5" and so slim.

I used to eat rubbish for all meals- I am enjoying the SW meals, but I like cooking and so far all the meals I have made we can have as a family, I made turkey burgers tonight, little one ate them tonight :) was pleased. Hunters chicken, chicken curry ( made it wayyyyy to spicy) Planning on a omelette tomorrow I have it in my head i want to be healthy, not just loose weight-I hope that makes sense?

Sound like you have had a healthy day hun a few bank holiday drinks wont do you much harm i am sure. Enjoy cheers :)

xxx

Thanks Jules, it's nice to have someone to chat to, I was getting a bit lonely in here by myself! :)

While I was browsing through the diaries today I saw you have one too, you look like you're doing really well, especially considering the amount of hurdles you have to get over, I'll be following yours to see how you get on. :)

I'm thinking about not going back to class tomorrow, and just doing it alone at home, not sure whether to or not though, I'm losing the same few pound then gaining it so I feel like I'm just wasting money, which is in short supply at the moment, but I'm worried if I leave I'll just do the gaining and none of the losing... not sure what to do. xxxx

Thank you Tasha. :)

I decided to stop going to the class, we're struggling a bit at the moment with money which is the biggest factor, also the fact that I'm losing and gaining the same few pounds means I don't look forward to going to the class, I wish I could find one I feel totally comfortable in like you have. I'll see how I go alone for a while, then look for a new class nearby. xxxx

So after leaving the class I've decided to try to mix it up a bit, do a week on red, a week on EE, etc, and I'm also changing my weigh-day to a Saturday morning, which means I get to do it at home, in the privacy of my own bathroom and not worrying about wearing 'heavy jeans' lol!

I've joined the June challenge and I'm hoping for a 10 loss this month (Hmmm, right, with my track record?! :rolleyes:) so an average of 2.5lb a week for 4 weeks? I really want to do it.

Today's plan EE this week;

Breakfast- Weetabix and SS milk (HE A&B) and 2 satsumas.
Lunch- Home-made bacon broth followed by a vanilla Muller light.
Dinner- Roast chicken, mashed potato (nothing added) cauliflower, carrots and broccoli, gravy (5 syns) and

snacks/syns- Chinese chicken pieces-(1/2 pack= 1 syn) Highlights hot chocolate- (2 syns) and a curly wurly- (6 syns) = 14 syns.

I'm also feeling much better now, still a lingering occasional cough and sore throat, but loads better, so I'm heading to the beach for a good walk this afternoon with the boys, it's a lovely day, so we'll probably do a bit of digging, build sandcastles, etc, so hopefully burn a bit of fat while enjoying myself too. :) xxxx

Thanks for stopping by my dairy, thought I would come back and annoy you ;)

I can sympathies with struggling with pennies- i cant afford to go to classes at the mo either hun-We can plod along together by ourselves :) I ll try and keep you on track if you keep me :)

glad you are feeling better :)

I haven't got my head round ee days, but it sounds like you have a very health day planned hun, with some yummy treats too :)

Enjoy the sand castles, I take it you are near the beach-unlike my little one that has a 2 foot square sand tray in our back garden, don't burn many cals digging in that haha! :)

xxx

Yeah, we're near the sea, but we do have a little sandpit in the garden too! :D I don't think I'll need to keep you on track, you're doing just fab, but I'd be very grateful for your help keeping me on the straight and narrow! lol! xxxx

Nooooooo believe me you will... I have only been doing it a week, so its still all new, when it becomes everyday I bet I will have blips. but we will keep each other in line :)

Awwww I would love to live near the sea, hope you had a lovely afternoon.

Suns come out here, I have just planted some tom plants :)

xxx

Hope you are having a good day hun. xxxx

Hi Jules, yes thanks, yesterday was lovely, we went to the beach and had a lovely (if a little chilly) walk, I didn't do any digging though, the kids made sandcastles while I watched with hubby and had a lovely philosophical chat while looking out to sea. :) How are you today?

We're planning on planting tomatoes (and doing some hanging baskets with strawberries) this year, we bought a little plastic greenhouse and tried onions last year but they were so tiny, like little pickling onions, lol, so we'll try something new this time. My dad has tomato plants in his garden and I really love that smell!

I weighed in at home this week and I've stayed the same, so not quite as bad as I expected. I had a mixed week, some good days and some really bad days! So moving forward...

Plan for today;

Br- 2 Scrambled eggs with whole mushrooms on 1x toast (HE A (milk) &B (toast))
Lunch- Vegetable curry and basmati rice
Dinner- Chicken, mash, broccoli, carrots and peas, gravy (5) and Yorkshire pud (3).

Snacks- Highlights hot choc- (2) and Freddo (5) Syns = 15.

We're going to the park this afternoon, there's a lovely walk around the lake where we can feed the ducks and swans, we might take LO's bike for him to burn off some energy too. :) x

Last edited:
Hey Hun, glad you had a good day, it sounds lovely.

Ohhh i have tom plants and strawberries, well my uncle did the tom plants and the strawbeeries were from last year, they are starting to get flowers on :) hehe tiny onions.

Sounds like you have a great plan today hun, with lots of walking too :)

xxx

Hiya, I'm a nosy parker popping in to subscribe :D

Noticed you talking to Jules, we've all gone for 10lbs in the June challenge, we're all roughly the same height and we all have a similar amount of weight to lose so it made sense to me to stop by lol

I'm fairly old hat when it comes to SW but I'm also a veteran at falling off the wagon too, sometimes I land well and get back on it pretty easily, other times I get caught under the wheels and get dragged along the rocky road for a while - hmmn slimming is filled with metaphors :p Hope I can be helpful if you're struggling.

Good idea about trying different things each week - I did something similar a couple of years ago, thought you might find this old thread interesting http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...0-mini-week-challenges-boost-weight-loss.html Having a different 'task' each week might boost your enthusiasm/confidence in the plan plus you might get some interesting WI results and see what sort of thing works best for you :)

Sounds like you had a lovely day at the beach. I like caravan holidays with my family too, I also struggle with still being 'on holiday' with food when I get back home aswell, it's a b00ger that lol

See you around ;) xxx

I'm totally with you on the gaining/losing the same few pounds, or 2 stone. I'm doing it from home and I put just as much pressure on my weekly weigh in's even in my own bathroom. We can do this, I'd love to lose 10lbs by the end of the month too!

I'm totally with you on the gaining/losing the same few pounds, or 2 stone. I'm doing it from home and I put just as much pressure on my weekly weigh in's even in my own bathroom. We can do this, I'd love to lose 10lbs by the end of the month too!

I've just had a nosy look at your diaries (please excuse my ignorance, but what is JUDDD?) You've done amazingly well, the photos show such a huge difference, although I have to say you're still very pretty when you're bigger, my face is completely different when I'm big, I don't really look like me any more!

Have you joined the June Challenge? We will do this!!! :) xxxx

Hiya, I'm a nosy parker popping in to subscribe :D

Noticed you talking to Jules, we've all gone for 10lbs in the June challenge, we're all roughly the same height and we all have a similar amount of weight to lose so it made sense to me to stop by lol

I'm fairly old hat when it comes to SW but I'm also a veteran at falling off the wagon too, sometimes I land well and get back on it pretty easily, other times I get caught under the wheels and get dragged along the rocky road for a while - hmmn slimming is filled with metaphors :p Hope I can be helpful if you're struggling.

Good idea about trying different things each week - I did something similar a couple of years ago, thought you might find this old thread interesting http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...0-mini-week-challenges-boost-weight-loss.html Having a different 'task' each week might boost your enthusiasm/confidence in the plan plus you might get some interesting WI results and see what sort of thing works best for you :)

Sounds like you had a lovely day at the beach. I like caravan holidays with my family too, I also struggle with still being 'on holiday' with food when I get back home aswell, it's a b00ger that lol

See you around ;) xxx

Hi Lo, lovely to see you, I've seen you about and on Jules' diary :) it does make sense that we should all keep an eye out for each other when you think we all started at around the same weight (and height-ish :)) and we all have the same goals.

I've just had a look at your link and it's an excellent idea for the challenges (only the fish week I'd struggle with as I couldn't afford it every day!) I think it might work for me to mix it up, I'm so easily swayed on diets, I always think the grass is greener, so I need to keep it interesting.

Oh and fab metaphors by the way. :) x

I've just had a nosy look at your diaries (please excuse my ignorance, but what is JUDDD?) You've done amazingly well, the photos show such a huge difference, although I have to say you're still very pretty when you're bigger, my face is completely different when I'm big, I don't really look like me any more!

Have you joined the June Challenge? We will do this!!! :) xxxx

Thanks for your lovely comments, I didn't feel so pretty though, but then I don't now either, so not much of a change there. JUDDD is the Johnson Up Day Down Day diet, I am sure you have heard all about the 5:2 diet by now, JUDDD was one of the original concepts of intermittent fasting, I did alternate days, 500 cals one day then eat normally the next, it is a great way to diet but it can be quite slow, I lost the bulk of my weight just counting cals and most of it came of in about 7 months, the rest I dabble with and lose and put of again every once in a while.

Hi Lo, lovely to see you, I've seen you about and on Jules' diary :) it does make sense that we should all keep an eye out for each other when you think we all started at around the same weight (and height-ish :)) and we all have the same goals.

I've just had a look at your link and it's an excellent idea for the challenges (only the fish week I'd struggle with as I couldn't afford it every day!) I think it might work for me to mix it up, I'm so easily swayed on diets, I always think the grass is greener, so I need to keep it interesting.

Oh and fab metaphors by the way. :) x

I struggled with the fish week but mostly 'cause I don't bother eating it very often, I don't like the way they look at you on the fish counter lol

I didn't enjoy the speed soupscanbran weeks either but some people swear by the stuff so it's always worth a try x

I haven't tried the scanbran in a long time, probably about 10 years or more, but it's like chewing cardboard, I don't think I'd manage that week either, can we swap it for Ryvita? lol!

I like fish, but it's so expensive to feed the whole family, I love a bit of salmon and would love to have it every week, but when we last had it a few weeks ago it was £5 just for the fish, then add the £1 for broccoli and so on, it was an expensive meal for us! I've been having lots of canned pink salmon to try to cover my omega 3 levels, lol! :)

Thanks for your lovely comments, I didn't feel so pretty though, but then I don't now either, so not much of a change there. JUDDD is the Johnson Up Day Down Day diet, I am sure you have heard all about the 5:2 diet by now, JUDDD was one of the original concepts of intermittent fasting, I did alternate days, 500 cals one day then eat normally the next, it is a great way to diet but it can be quite slow, I lost the bulk of my weight just counting cals and most of it came of in about 7 months, the rest I dabble with and lose and put of again every once in a while.

Well if strangers, with no ulterior motive, say you are then you are! :)

I think I could possibly do the 5:2 but definitely not the one day on, one day off one. I don't know really, I don't think it's for me, it obviously works, but I think I'd probably go mad on my days off! I wish I could get the bulk of mine off in 7mths, at least get under 20st, that would mean I'd feel more 'normal' by Christmas-ish! :) x

Back