From Hippo to Gazelle!

I really know what you mean about putting pressure on yourself - I've 'snapped' lots of times because of doing that :( Hopefully the class might do you some good with the extra support and accountability. Don't worry too much about the June challenge - there will be one in July too so get yourself steady again for now :)

Definitely don't be too strict with yourself - there's no need to be! Eat well and use your healthy extras and syns and you won't feel the need to go off the rails so much. Well, except maybe now and then - I had a whopper of a synful day on Friday lol Back on track from saturday though I'm a bit scared to scale-peek after all the stuff I got through lol

Hope you're having a lovely weekend chuck xxx

Thanks LoChan, it's really nice to talk to people who understand and don't judge you. x

I'm sticking at it, plodding along nicely, hope this continues. xxxx

Well, usually if I'm not posting much it means that I've been really bad, but this time I've been really good, it's so not like me, maybe it's the shock! :)
I've just not got very much going on at the moment so I've not got much to say, same old same old really.

Yesterday I had my old favourite chicken and bacon with loads of veg for dinner, huge bowl of home-made veg soup with bread (HE B) for lunch and boiled eggs and ham salad for (a late) breakfast. I had a Galaxy and a Highlights for my syns. :)

Today's plan-

Home-made spicy tomato soup and bread (HE B)
Mushroom omelette and salad.
Pasta with fromage frais, garlic, salmon, mushrooms, peppers and sweetcorn.

Snack- 2 Satsumas, grapes, Toffee Muller, Toffee Crisp- 11.5 and Highlights- 2= 13.5syns

I'm going to try some new recipes soon, maybe one a week for a few weeks and see how it goes, I want to try a home-made chow mien first I think. Me and food have been getting on a little better so I'm feeling like now is the time to be brave. :) xxxx

Looking forward to hearing about your cooking adventures :D

Must make some more soup myself this week on a day off, I really enjoyed the borscht the other day. Might try a jewish-style chicken soup next, don't know about the matzo balls though synwise...

Make sure you have your healthy A choice today xx

Looking forward to hearing about your cooking adventures :D

Must make some more soup myself this week on a day off, I really enjoyed the borscht the other day. Might try a jewish-style chicken soup next, don't know about the matzo balls though synwise...

Make sure you have your healthy A choice today xx

Thanks LoChan, how are you doing today? I'm hoping to try out a few things, but I doubt it'll be anywhere near as interesting as yours, just a little more adventurous for me!

I went through the Slimming World website recipes last night and wrote down 5 or 6 recipes to try, including Chicken Katsu (which looks lovely when you've posted pictures of it) and sweet and sour noodles, I'm trying to get away from just chicken and veg dinner or the same chicken Madras we've been having for years. I'm going to try the Moroccan meatballs at the weekend I think, it's not too far from what I can usually have so shouldn't be too scary for me!

Do you have a recipe for Chicken soup? I keep forgetting to get fresh beetroot to make Borscht, will do soon though. :)

Today's plan is;

2 nimble bread (HE B) with ham, boiled egg, beetroot, salad veg and LF salad cream (1 syn)
Home-made Tomato soup
Chicken cassserole with cauliflower and broccoli (onions, carrots, peas, etc, in the casserole).
Snacks- Grapes, Vanilla Muller, ham, plus Toffee crisp (11.5) and Highlights (2). HE A milk in tea. :)

Last edited:
It's turned nice again weatherwise in Manc too, no beach to tottle off to after the day's work though. Oh how I envy you :D

I'll get back to you on the chicken soup recipe as I tend to just have a browse on the internet and mix and match ingredients to suit myself. I might even make it an Italian Wedding soup which has meatballs and spinach in aswell as the chicken, sometimes pasta too so it's really filling for an EE day :)

I'm not sure if I'm super adventurous with food, it's more I'm a bit attention deficit disorder so I need new things all the time to keep my attention on the eating healthy. When I'm left to my own devices and eating rubbish it was usually just rotate the takeaway leaflets or boring ready meals all the time :eek: But the taking pictures thing for my food diaries also inspires me to try new things, don't want to bore people with pictures of the same couple of meals week in week out lol

Hope you enjoy the chicken katsu, the curry sauce was really impressive I think. Is your SW class any good for sharing recipe/food ideas too? Though I think at my mum's group they just printed and passed around stuff from the website anyway so not much help if you're prepared to do the searching around online yourself :)

Where is your nearest beach Lo?

I might try a soup with pasta in, like a spicy chicken noodle soup with sweetcorn sort of thing, I've never done that yet.

I lost 2lb at class tonight, I'm okay with that really (it's TOTM) but I would have liked a little more on my 'first' week. I've been rubbish today, I didn't have breakfast and I've only had an egg salad all day so now I'm starving, I'm ready to order a takeaway, but I'm trying to be good, it's my wedding anniversary this weekend and I know I won't be 100% on track then, so I'm going to find something quick and filling in just a minute, not sure what though.

I didn't stay to class tonight, but I've bought the magazine for more inspiration and I've vowed to start staying to the classes, hopefully that'll motivate me to stay on track. xxxx

I think Blackpool is probably the nearest... but it's not a very nice beach plus I don't drive :rolleyes: My parents and grandparents each have either a house or a caravan in various parts of North Wales though so we tend to go stay with them a few times a year to get a bit of seaside time... coming from Manchester though I usually end up with a stinking cold - my pollution filled sinuses and lungs don't know what to do with clean salty air lol

I've got a hot and sour soup recipe that would work with noodles if you're interested? It's got a few syns in it but it's well worth it I reckon. Also, I've not tried it yet but Avgolemono soup sounds interesting - it's chicken stock-based with egg and lemon and sometimes with rice/orzo pasta :)

Well done on your loss - don't let yourself get too dissapointed in the 'low' first week number, you're going in the right direction :hug99: TOTM probably is effecting it too, I think that's partly how I managed a loss this week after three/four days of being far from 100% :eek:

I hope you did feed yourself properly after not having much to eat during the day, no being a silly b00ger missus :p

How many years will the anniversary be? Hope you enjoy yourself :) xxx

Thanks LoChan, we've been married 16 years ago today, in fact I think we were stood in church about this time. :)

I'd love that recipe for hot and sour soup, thanks, not so much the egg one though, I'm funny with things like that, silly really, I never used to be like this.

I'm telling myself that an average of 2lb a week would be just amazing in the long term, so I'm feeling a lot happier about it today, I think I just get a bit down when I read about people losing like a stone or 10lb in a week, I've never even lost half a stone! But I'm now thinking 'bigger picture' and I'm happy with that. Slow and steady wins the race. :)

We used to go to Blackpool a lot when we were little, I loved it there, I've heard it's less holiday makers and more stag and hens now though. We've been to the Haven site in North Wales a few times, it's a lovely part of the country, I love Criccieth and Abersoch, it's just gorgeous there, lucky you getting around those parts a few times a year! I bet the kids love it too, how old are your LO's?

I've got today planned, but not sure how much I'll be sticking to it! This is the plan;

Breakfast- Poached eggs on 1x toast (HE B) canned tomatoes and grilled mushrooms.
Lunch- Jacket potato, quark, ham and salad plus a little LF salad cream (2).
Dinner- Salmon, new potatoes, asparagus, baby carrots and peas.
Snacks- Muller, fruit.

I'll be having a few glasses of wine and a couple of nibbles tonight and I think I might say it's flexi-syns rather than worrying about it too much.

We aren't really doing much today, we aren't going out, we'll probably just go for a walk later with the boys and it's the LOs school fete (one of them anyway) later and tomorrow we're going to see Despicable Me, we all can't wait!!! :) xxxx

Last edited:
Oh dear the hot and sour soup has egg in it lol It's how they get those strands that go through the takeaway version but if you're adding noodles and stuff you can probably leave it out. I posted it ages ago on the recipe thread here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/236673-hot-sour-soup.html

We go to Anglesea, Llandullas (near Llanddudno) and Prestatyn. My grandparents have had caravans since before I was born so I have been very lucky to spend lots of time there and I'm still not bored of the place - my ashes are going there one day lol I've got just the one boy who turned 11 this year - I started very early but had the sense not to turn into a 'breeder' like a lot of teenage mums do round here. I'm with a different partner now and having kids with him is one of my goals for getting to a healthy weight :D

You keep making me fancy ham and salad cream, I must buy some tomorrow to satisfy the urge lol Food looks good with plenty of superfree so I hope you really enjoy your wine, nothing like celebrating an anniversary by getting tipsy, who knows where it'll lead

Hope you all enjoy the film - I've got to take my son to see the second one soon too, I enjoyed the first - "It's just SO FLUFFY!" xxx

Oh dear the hot and sour soup has egg in it lol It's how they get those strands that go through the takeaway version but if you're adding noodles and stuff you can probably leave it out. I posted it ages ago on the recipe thread here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/236673-hot-sour-soup.html

We go to Anglesea, Llandullas (near Llanddudno) and Prestatyn. My grandparents have had caravans since before I was born so I have been very lucky to spend lots of time there and I'm still not bored of the place - my ashes are going there one day lol I've got just the one boy who turned 11 this year - I started very early but had the sense not to turn into a 'breeder' like a lot of teenage mums do round here. I'm with a different partner now and having kids with him is one of my goals for getting to a healthy weight :D

You keep making me fancy ham and salad cream, I must buy some tomorrow to satisfy the urge lol Food looks good with plenty of superfree so I hope you really enjoy your wine, nothing like celebrating an anniversary by getting tipsy, who knows where it'll lead

Hope you all enjoy the film - I've got to take my son to see the second one soon too, I enjoyed the first - "It's just SO FLUFFY!" xxx

Ohh, good luck with the 'baby' weight loss plan, that's a great incentive to lose weight isn't it!

The film was fab, the cinema was packed, which usually scares me (too many issues to go into!!!) but I forgot about it after the first 2 minutes, I loved it! :) The seat was a bit snug though, I had to sort of press my bum into it! Huge incentive if I think I can't go the cinema if I get any bigger than this!

I was good at the weekend, I just had water at the cinema, and I was good afterwards, but yesterday I was terrible, it needs a big fat red line drawn under it. I don't even know where to start, but there was sugary cereal, sugary tea, crisps and chocolate and fish fingers, bit odd, but maybe I was rebelling?! lol! I'm right back on it today though.

Today's plan (red day);

Toast (2 Nimble), Flora (2) and Vegemite plus 2 satsumas.
Salmon and cucumber sandwich with Philadelphia light, plus lettuce and tomatoes and a bowl of grapes.
Mince and onions (gravy 1.5) with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

HE A- Philadelphia light and 250mls ss milk
HE B- 4 slices Nimble Malted Wholegrain bread.
Syns- Flora (2) Gravy (1.5) Crunchie (9.5) Hot Choc (2) = 15 syns.

I really fancied a salmon and cucumber sandwich for lunch but I'd already had toast for breakfast, so I thought I'd just miss the potato off dinner and have a red day today, feels 'naughty' having bread twice in a day, I usually have just one slice of 'normal' bread but I've started having Nimble so I can have 2, so 4 slices of bread feels so decadent! lol! :) x

Last edited:
Breakfast- Toasted ham and tomato Sandwich. (bread HE B and milk in tea HE A)
lunch- Mushroom, ham and pepper omelette with salad. Grapes.
Dinner- Chicken breast with philadelphia (HE A) and garlic, new potatoes (HE B) baby carrots, broccoli and spinach.

Snacks- Maltesers (9) Highlights hot choc (2) Chinese chicken pieces (1) and a Vanilla Muller Light.

Still feeling down in the dumps and really need to give myself a kick up the bum to get me out of this slump, hopefully I'll start to feel a bit better in the next few days, maybe a bit of time with the kids, getting out in the fresh air will help. xxxx

Last edited:
Sort of good, sort of bad day yesterday, did stick to the plan for my meals, I had a ham and egg salad at lunchtime and roast turkey dinner later, but I used my syns for cider and told myself I wouldn't be eating crisps, then ate crisps... :( Taking LO to his swimming lesson then we're off for a walk, so that'll be my exercise for the day. :)

Anyway, new start (again) today;

Breakfast- Weetabix and milk (HE A&B)
Lunch- leftover turkey, with potato and veg 'bubble and squeak' plus bowl of grapes
Dinner- Chicken curry (tomates, onions, mushrooms, spices) with basmati rice.
Snacks- Fruit, ham slices and a Muller yoghurt.

I'm using my syns for a Ripple (9) and a hot choc (2) later to keep me going until dinner. xxxx

Last edited:
Back