From Hippo to Gazelle!

I haven't tried the scanbran in a long time, probably about 10 years or more, but it's like chewing cardboard, I don't think I'd manage that week either, can we swap it for Ryvita? lol!

I like fish, but it's so expensive to feed the whole family, I love a bit of salmon and would love to have it every week, but when we last had it a few weeks ago it was £5 just for the fish, then add the £1 for broccoli and so on, it was an expensive meal for us! I've been having lots of canned pink salmon to try to cover my omega 3 levels, lol! :)

You could try a Ryvita week, why not indeed lol

I know what you mean about salmon being so darn tasty but expensive, naughty fish lol If you like them mackeral and sardines are probably cheaper and are oily fish too. I like them but have to get someone else to fillet them for me, I'm scared of touching the whole ones :rolleyes:

Well if strangers, with no ulterior motive, say you are then you are! :)

I think I could possibly do the 5:2 but definitely not the one day on, one day off one. I don't know really, I don't think it's for me, it obviously works, but I think I'd probably go mad on my days off! I wish I could get the bulk of mine off in 7mths, at least get under 20st, that would mean I'd feel more 'normal' by Christmas-ish! :) x

I started to feel normal when I got to a size 24 from Asda, a whole new world opened up to me as there was only Evans doing anything bigger than that at the time. Somehow being able to get clothes from the supermarket made me feel like an ordinary person again. I lost 7 stone in 7 months and then it slowed down a bit to about 2.5 per week until I got to 15 and then it slowed again, I never did any exercise except walking the dog though :rolleyes:

Thats me with chickens!

I think I can see where you're coming from :giggle:

I started to feel normal when I got to a size 24 from Asda, a whole new world opened up to me as there was only Evans doing anything bigger than that at the time. Somehow being able to get clothes from the supermarket made me feel like an ordinary person again. I lost 7 stone in 7 months and then it slowed down a bit to about 2.5 per week until I got to 15 and then it slowed again, I never did any exercise except walking the dog though :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, I got to supermarket size once and it was great - to feel 'normal' and the clothes were half the price of Evans stuff. Probably 'cause the smaller clothes use half the material lol

Seven stone in seven months?!! Wow! I wish! :)

I can squeeze into a 24 top at Asda, but only if it's jersey or a bit stretchy (and can still wear a size 24 supermarket jeans the ones I'm wearing are from Tu) but a fitted shirt, no chance. Tops of my arms are huge and hideous! I bought a lovely pink cami top from Joe Browns (to wear with a cardigan) which is a 22 but fits fab, sizes are so random! I can't wait to fit back in my size 24s properly, but that's a while away yet, about 2.5-3st ish (which is the weight I've gained just since last September!!!).

I've been okay today, spent the day cleaning (wish SW did activity points like WW to earn extra syns!) so my house is like a shiny new pin today, although LO(5) came in from school and has tried his hardest ever since to undo all the hard work, lol!

I've had a ham and beetroot sandwich (HE B) with salad for lunch, a sweet and sour mugshot afternoon snack and I'm about to have mince and onions (5 for gravy) mash and veg for tea, I might have a glass of wine tonight to reward myself for the day of scrubbing and cleaning and sorting too. :)

Tomorrow's plan is;

Br- Weetabix and milk (HE A&B)
lunch- Jacket potato, cottage cheese, ham and salad (beetroot, lettuce, cucumber, etc)
dinner- SW cottage pie, a few SW chips, green beans, peas and carrots.

Snacks- Grapes, satsuma, maltesers (9) and highlights (2)

And we're going to have a walk at the beach after the boys check-up at the dentist tomorrow too.

How's everyone else getting on? x

Hey sweetie :)

Sounds like you have been doing a fab job hun :)

you should get extra syns for housework :) I can tidy the living room and within 10 mins Little man si like a whirlwind and toys are everywhere :)

Enjoy your walk hope the dentist goes ok.

xxx

Seven stone in seven months?!! Wow! I wish! :)

I can squeeze into a 24 top at Asda, but only if it's jersey or a bit stretchy (and can still wear a size 24 supermarket jeans the ones I'm wearing are from Tu) but a fitted shirt, no chance. Tops of my arms are huge and hideous! I bought a lovely pink cami top from Joe Browns (to wear with a cardigan) which is a 22 but fits fab, sizes are so random! I can't wait to fit back in my size 24s properly, but that's a while away yet, about 2.5-3st ish (which is the weight I've gained just since last September!!!).

I've been okay today, spent the day cleaning (wish SW did activity points like WW to earn extra syns!) so my house is like a shiny new pin today, although LO(5) came in from school and has tried his hardest ever since to undo all the hard work, lol!

I've had a ham and beetroot sandwich (HE B) with salad for lunch, a sweet and sour mugshot afternoon snack and I'm about to have mince and onions (5 for gravy) mash and veg for tea, I might have a glass of wine tonight to reward myself for the day of scrubbing and cleaning and sorting too. :)

Tomorrow's plan is;

lunch- Jacket potato, cottage cheese, ham and salad (beetroot, lettuce, cucumber, etc)
dinner- SW cottage pie, a few SW chips, green beans, peas and carrots.

Snacks- Grapes, satsuma, maltesers (9) and highlights (2)

And we're going to have a walk at the beach after the boys check-up at the dentist tomorrow too.

How's everyone else getting on? x

Ooh I love Joe Browns and have quite a few things from them gathering dust in the wardrobe waiting for me to shrink down into them lol

You've given me a beetroot craving now, spose it's healthier than chocolate or booze! Shall have to nab some later methinks, I love both the pickled kind and the regular for borscht soup, mmmm. Gives you pink surprises in the loo though, excuse the tmi :eek:

Hope you enjoyed your wine if you did indulge, I probably need to do a house blitz over the weekend too. I don't bother with my son's room anymore, they really don't grow out of the whirlwind phase you know :sigh:

Hope you have a lovely day xxx

Lol, Lo, we had both pickled beetroot and some in a pack in the fridge, but I used the pickled so I chopped some of the other and put it in the jar, lol, not quite the same but it did the job! Do you have a recipe for borscht?

Jules, the weather here was lovely until this afternoon, but just as I hung out the towels the rain started, so we didn't get out for that walk, we might still nip out for five later if it dries up. Both boys teeth were fine, that's a relief! :) I do worry, especially with my older son's fizzy drink obsession!

I've been very lazy today, in fact I spent most of today counteracting yesterday's non-stop housework! :rolleyes:

I've stuck to the plan (mostly) apart from last night I didn't stop at just one glass, someone slap my wrist for me, I've gone quite a bit over syns this week and it's weigh-in tomorrow! x

Nothing wrong with having a lazy day once in a while, it's good for your mind ;) I won't slap you for the wine either lol These things happen, let's see how you get on at WI first :)

I had some beetroot in a feta and couscous salad for supper last night, really enjoyed it :D

For borscht I just kind of bung things in a pan - a bunch of beetroot (usually from sainsburys) peeled and cubed (gets very messy), a small onion diced up and a medium potato (not traditional but I like it for texture) - fry off the onion first until soft (I add a little bit of water as this speeds it up, stops the onion burning and you don't need any oil). Add in the beetroot and potato and give it a stir then pour in 1 ltr of veg stock. Bring up to a boil then leave to simmer for 30 mins, leave to cool slightly then whizz it up in a food processor until smooth.

Can serve it with a bit of 0% fat yogurt and it goes really well with a bit of bacon too :) Methinks I'll make this over the weekend actually as I want to stick with EE for a few days. It's been a while since I made it so if I end up putting something else in there I'll let you know.

Oh, thanks for that, I think I'll give it a go this week, sounds lovely.

I'm a little annoyed at myself as I've only lost 1lb this week, I felt like I might have done a little better. :(

I'm going to try quite a strict red week this week coming up, I need to be stricter with myself, I've got 11 weeks until I visit my family and friends back home and I want to lose as much as possible between now and then.

Any tips for filling meals on a red week, new ideas that aren't too 'fancy', I'm a simple girl who likes simple things, lol! :) xxxx

Where's home? Don't worry 11 weeks is a lot of time to play with and whatever happens they'll be happy to see you :)

I think red days for me usually consist of big salads for lunch (I get subway salad bowls with double meat and sometimes the hexa of cheese) and for evening meals I'll have EE type meals (roasts, george foreman griddled meats etc) but substitute potato mash/chips with butternut squash wedges/mash. Keeps things very simple lol

Also can't beat a good sw 'fry up' of bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes (add balsamic vinegar, really good) and a hexb of wholemeal toast.

I'll have some other food diary day ideas in my diary as I usually do at least 2 red days a week 'cause the subway salad option is easy for workdays when I don't have time to cook much with childminding :)

Excellent, I'll have a look on there, thanks. I do love a fry-up, my other favourite thing includes bacon too, I love chicken wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven, we have it at least once or twice a week, it's lovely with a bit of garlic and herbs and baked in passatta, oh, I might have that tonight... :)

Confession time here, I've never had butternut squash! Or sweet potato! I wouldn't even know how to prepare them!

We're waiting in for eldest son's new bed to arrive, then we're off out for the afternoon, should get a good bit of exercise there.

I really want to lose 3lb next week, I need to lose 3lb a week for the next three weeks to hit my June challenge target! lol! :) xxxx

Lol sweet potato you treat the same as the regular kind. Butternut squash - easiest thing to do is look up a how-to guide on the internet, or in some shops they sell the stuff ready peeled, cored and chopped up if you want to be lazy, I do when I can find it :)

3lb this week would mean your 1/2 stone shiny too, that will be cool - go for it :D

Hope you have a nice afternoon out, if you've got to build the bed that probably counts as Body Magic too lol

Yes, 3lb would be my half stone award, ohhhh, I've got to do that this week, thanks for reminding me! :)

Yesterday we walked through the park, fed the ducks our leftover hedgehog bread and had to sit down under a shady tree because me and hubby were tired out from the hot sun (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! lol). We're off to the beach in about an hour (free parking on the seafront!) eldest has a friend around so just me, hubs and the little man.

Been good today, although I left brunch until quite late (about 1-ish, stupidly!) and ended up with a migraine, I had flashy kaleidoscope snakes all around my vision until I virtually couldn't see, quite scary, now I'm just left with a dull headache. We had a fry-up of egg, bacon, slice of toast (HE B) canned tomatoes and mushrooms, lovely! :) I've had a couple of satsumas earlier and I've taken some chicken breasts out of the freezer for tonight's dinner, to have with a little potato (HE B) cauli, carrots and broccoli and a splash of gravy.

Tomorrow's meal plan;

lunch- smoked bacon and tomato SW quiche (cottage cheese and eggs) with salad.
dinner- Turkey, mushrooms and peppers (with garlic and fat free fromage frais) diced potatoes (HE B- fried in fry-light) with green beans and carrots.

snacks- Grapes and 2 satsumas + Highlights-2 and a Crunchie- 9.5 = 11.5 syns

I'm going to try to be good and not go off the plan (like I normally do!) and totally focus on that little shiny award. :) xxxx

Stick some fruit on your weetaix for the superfree ;)

Hope the headache has cleared off, sounds nasty :( Must be lovely popping off to the beach at weekends when you fancy it :) xx

Stick some fruit on your weetaix for the superfree ;)

Hope the headache has cleared off, sounds nasty :( Must be lovely popping off to the beach at weekends when you fancy it :) xx

Ha ha, Lo, some rules were made to be broken! ;) I'm working on the fruit thing!

My headache is a lot better now, my migraines are odd, the visual disturbances are worse than the headache, my dad has them so bad he has to go to bed for the rest of the day, touch wood, mine aren't bad at all in comparison.

I didn't have turkey last night, we ended up in a hurry and had to make something different with what we had in, so I've got the turkey left, but not the rest of the ingredients, so I'm going to have to be inventive tonight with that.

Still feeling positive! :) xxxx

Last edited:
So what happened to the turkey? Food cliffhanger!

Hope you're having a good week chuck xx

So what happened to the turkey? Food cliffhanger!

Hope you're having a good week chuck xx

Haha! :) I just had it in a gravy in the end, 'twas loverrly, although not very adventurous! :)

I then went off the rails, I've not moved off the sofa and I started binging, I've just stuffed my face for days. I'm also due on any second so I have a bit of water retention, so when I got on the scales on Thursday afternoon they said nearly 24st! The shock made me run back to class! So I joined again last night, weighed in there at 23st 13.5lb.

Not looking good for my June challenge, I'm sure you aren't supposed to go into plus figures! :rolleyes: I'm not going to add my details until next week (I hope that's not cheating!?).

Thanks for the support ladies, it's very much appreciated. xxxx

Last edited:
I really know what you mean about putting pressure on yourself - I've 'snapped' lots of times because of doing that :( Hopefully the class might do you some good with the extra support and accountability. Don't worry too much about the June challenge - there will be one in July too so get yourself steady again for now :)

Definitely don't be too strict with yourself - there's no need to be! Eat well and use your healthy extras and syns and you won't feel the need to go off the rails so much. Well, except maybe now and then - I had a whopper of a synful day on Friday lol Back on track from saturday though I'm a bit scared to scale-peek after all the stuff I got through lol

Hope you're having a lovely weekend chuck xxx

Back