From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Hi there Steve x

Now you know the rules hunni...pics of oiled glistening pecks or it never happened...:)

And I know you're missing Steve but could you please refrain from calling me a Laughing Cow on here...;)

Have fun! Xx

Ok then - miserable cow:eek: :D:p sorry but you kind of made that easier than Lou!:8855:

I managed to lie in until 7am today. Hopefully im on track!

Steve

No, it's blazing sunshine as i lie on my lounger by the pool with the ipad. At last it seems real. Just had a refreshing fruoit salad and now staring at a small lizrd sunning himself in my pool area! cheeky chappie:cool:

Apologies for any typos but tricky to see the screen in such bright conditions lol.

Normally i'm not one for lying in the sun, but its too hot to do anything too energetic. Might even be tempted to have a beer at this rate:eek:

I'm surprised at how quiet this area is though. A beautiful estate of detached villas and probably no more than half a dozen being used. Perhaps it is quiet season as well as storm season over here? - oh well, back to the hard work and finding something nice for dinner this evening.

My Dijon spinach (Dijon was the flavoured vinaigrette) was very tasty today. 280 calories all-in. Not that we count calories of course, but always nice to know US Supermarkets have healthy side too.

Steve

Happy Sunday all

I quite envy you and the Sunday roast/Yorkshire pud combo. I could find one here but it would be overpriced and little more than Aunt Bessie's tat!

I'm not a food snob, far from it, but even a cheeseburger meal is more appetising than that!

A good old carvery would be most agreeable:p

Right almost 8am so off to start the day.

Walmart superstore - here I come! Wherelse can you buy a gun, crossbow, groceries and all my sun oil needs along with lunch under one roof?

Steve
x

Can't believe that you are in Florida, with so many good places to eat, and you are dreaming about Sunday lunch/carvery!;)

Well I understand about the Sunday lunch, and the sun oil.
But who/what do you need the crossbow for?

Can't believe that you are in Florida, with so many good places to eat, and you are dreaming about Sunday lunch/carvery!;)

Depends on your point of view. Bear in mind my travel partner's idea of adventurous is adding mayo to chips, and fine dining when said chips don't have to be eaten with fingers!

Well I understand about the Sunday lunch, and the sun oil.
But who/what do you need the crossbow for?
Keep you lot in check when I get back.

Besides, I was a fan of The Golden Shot and Bernie the Bolt when I was a bairn. Don't none of you pretend you.re not sure what I'm on about!

Oh well back to work Monday...that's Monday 10th of course:8855:

Porky in Polk County!
x

Lynne, by all means recommend me a quality location and dish, but I'm sure if theres no fries on the menu, pops will not entertain the idea.:( worse than travelling with kids/fussy eaters.

Depends on your point of view. Bear in mind my travel partner's idea of adventurous is adding mayo to chips, and fine dining when said chips don't have to be eaten with fingers!

Lynne, by all means recommend me a quality location and dish, but I'm sure if theres no fries on the menu, pops will not entertain the idea.:( worse than travelling with kids/fussy eaters.

Our favourite place to eat is the Outback Steakhouse on Vineland avenue, near to Publix and the now closed Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede. And definately have chips on the menu ;)

http://www.outback.com/restaurant/locations/FL/Orlando/Orlando-I-Drive/index.aspx

Last edited:
Our favourite place to eat is the Outback Steakhouse on Vineland avenue, near to Publix and the now closed Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede. And definately have chips on the menu ;)

Orlando, FL - Orlando - I-Drive - Outback Steakhouse

Funnily enough Lynne, Vineland Rd is going to be done on Wednesday or Thursday evening. I have already chosen the filet and lobster tail combo with house salad and for the sides fresh seasonal mixed veggies and garlic mash:cool: $26.88 + tip.

Today was more like the real Florida. I wandered around a very quiet - almost deserted Epcot and had what has easily become my favourite meal at any Disney property in Morroco's Tangierine Cafe. Chicken, lamb, tabouleh, cous cous salad and hummus with a chunk of Moroccan bread makes up the incredibly tasty Sharwarma platter. Worth visiting Epcot for that dining experience alone, oh and also to watch our American cousins pile fries onto the plate and cover the lot with ketchup!(probably their "constitutional right to do so) Why oh why did we give them independence in 1776:rolleyes:

Tomorrow I get to witness first hand Pottermania at Universal Studios. My first visit to Universal despite being a Diseyworld veteran now:cool: Harry Potter is even bigger over here than back home! Just to keep this diary (I use the term in its loosest context) relevant, tomorrow's main meal will be at Bubba Gumps Shrimp restaurant - fans of Forrest Gump will be aware of it. Already looking forward to The "Shrimpers Heaven" a collection of 4 types of shrimp, coconut, chilly, fried and Japanese style. (size of our king prawn) and several dips inc. tangy Asian, Cajun marmalade and zesty cocktail (oh and fries :eek::eek:)

So not exactly SW food, but unrealistic to go to Florida and eat perfectly methinks.

Steve

Up a bit...

Down a bit...

Left a bit...

FIRE!!!

(No Steve...not instructions from one of your "special" magazines ;) ... Bernie the bolt...remember?)

Funnily enough Lynne, Vineland Rd is going to be done on Wednesday or Thursday evening. I have already chosen the filet and lobster tail combo with house salad and for the sides fresh seasonal mixed veggies and garlic mash:cool: $26.88 + tip.

Today was more like the real Florida. I wandered around a very quiet - almost deserted Epcot and had what has easily become my favourite meal at any Disney property in Morroco's Tangierine Cafe. Chicken, lamb, tabouleh, cous cous salad and hummus with a chunk of Moroccan bread makes up the incredibly tasty Sharwarma platter. Worth visiting Epcot for that dining experience alone, oh and also to watch our American cousins pile fries onto the plate and cover the lot with ketchup!(probably their "constitutional right to do so) Why oh why did we give them independence in 1776:rolleyes:

Tomorrow I get to witness first hand Pottermania at Universal Studios. My first visit to Universal despite being a Diseyworld veteran now:cool: Harry Potter is even bigger over here than back home! Just to keep this diary (I use the term in its loosest context) relevant, tomorrow's main meal will be at Bubba Gumps Shrimp restaurant - fans of Forrest Gump will be aware of it. Already looking forward to The "Shrimpers Heaven" a collection of 4 types of shrimp, coconut, chilly, fried and Japanese style. (size of our king prawn) and several dips inc. tangy Asian, Cajun marmalade and zesty cocktail (oh and fries :eek::eek:)

So not exactly SW food, but unrealistic to go to Florida and eat perfectly methinks.

Steve

Good choice at the Outback, have you eaten there before?

I haven't eaten at the Morrocan, because the tribe wouldn't have liked the menu, so Le Cellier is our favourite in Epcot, and the Godiva chocolate cocktail is to die for!

Bubba Gumps sounds fab, I love shrimps/prawns whatever you want to name them:8855::8855:

Chelsea Lou said:
:8855::8855::8855:Special magazines........are those the ones with the pages stuck together :eek::eek:?

PMSL !!!

Sent from my iPhone

Good choice at the Outback, have you eaten there before?

I haven't eaten at the Morrocan, because the tribe wouldn't have liked the menu, so Le Cellier is our favourite in Epcot, and the Godiva chocolate cocktail is to die for!

Bubba Gumps sounds fab, I love shrimps/prawns whatever you want to name them:8855::8855:

No, not eaten there before Lynne, but will report back:cool: Yes can recommend the Bubba Gump Shrimpers Heaven. I love the idea you had to put a sign on display for service, saying "run, Forrest run" whilst you were eating etc. and change it to "sot, Forrest stop" when you wanted something, refills, condiments, another course etc. They also ask you questions about the movie as part of the experience. You can only imagine the merchandise available!
:8855::8855::8855:Special magazines........are those the ones with the pages stuck together :eek::eek:?

PMSL !!!

Sent from my iPhone

Oh for goodness sake you're like three giggling schoolgirls! - don't encourage her! it's not like Lou needs any encouragement. She'd make a docker blush that one;)
:p

Wish I could post pics on here from the Iphone - just to torment Gail (among others) with the Cinnabon I bought, sampled, then binned because it was naughty, and I "don't do naughty' - ok that's not strictly true.

It was way too sweet for me.

The Harry Potter Experience at Universal is amazingly accurate. Hardly any queues this time of year so a great bonus!

Glad that you're having a great time and I'm totally jealous... Not only are you in Florida (with yummy Cinnabons and IHOPs and Denny's) but you are going to an NFL game... :(

All my trips to Florida have been out of football season..:( At least I saw the first NFL game at Wembly though.. but it was damned colder than your game will be!!! I'd love to say 'GO JAGS!!' but I fear that my husband would kill me (die-hard Dolphins fan!) as well as the fact I'm picturing a walkover by the Saints!

Glad to hear that the queues are small/non-existent.. We queued for an hour and a half for Harry Potter!! Better that the first day it opened apparently... 6 HOURS!!! and the queue stretched to the gates!!! Didn't you find it strange that 'Hogsmead' was covered in snow, yet were nearly passing out in the heat??

By the way... pmsl... when I first read your plans for whilst you were away... I thought that you were just aiming for 1 METRE a day!!! (As a non-swimmer, that would have been more than enough for me!!)

Enjoy the Disneyfication process!!!

Glad that you're having a great time and I'm totally jealous... Not only are you in Florida (with yummy Cinnabons and IHOPs and Denny's) but you are going to an NFL game... :(

All my trips to Florida have been out of football season..:( At least I saw the first NFL game at Wembly though.. but it was damned colder than your game will be!!! I'd love to say 'GO JAGS!!' but I fear that my husband would kill me (die-hard Dolphins fan!) as well as the fact I'm picturing a walkover by the Saints!

Glad to hear that the queues are small/non-existent.. We queued for an hour and a half for Harry Potter!! Better that the first day it opened apparently... 6 HOURS!!! and the queue stretched to the gates!!! Didn't you find it strange that 'Hogsmead' was covered in snow, yet were nearly passing out in the heat??

By the way... pmsl... when I first read your plans for whilst you were away... I thought that you were just aiming for 1 METRE a day!!! (As a non-swimmer, that would have been more than enough for me!!)

Enjoy the Disneyfication process!!!

Wow! i'm impressed!

a woman who knows her sport(s) - unlike some I could mention like pretendy Chelsea fans (leg watchers) and rugger fans (only there for the drink:p).

I'm actually going asa neutral, though I always like the away team in these situations. i stayed at Port Orleans (French Quarter) last Florida trip in May, so I guess that makes me a New Orleans fan! - I like the underdog probably from years of following Sunderland up and down the country:eek:

Not liking getting picked up at 7.25am Sunday morning at a hotel over 20 minutes away though! gonna make it a long day. I also think Saints will win, but as long as I get to eat a corn dog, drink a Bud and wear one of those stupid huge foam hands I don't care:eek: - no clichés there then!

Today I'm off to the Animal Kingdom - best be careful as it's a jungle out there;) It is good not having to get there first thing because of the low crowds.

Will report back later, assuming the tigers/lions don't eat me, though I'm sure they'll go for the large Americans first:cool:
Hey! you guys have a good day now! report back later.

S

No, not eaten there before Lynne, but will report back:cool: Yes can recommend the Bubba Gump Shrimpers Heaven. I love the idea you had to put a sign on display for service, saying "run, Forrest run" whilst you were eating etc. and change it to "sot, Forrest stop" when you wanted something, refills, condiments, another course etc. They also ask you questions about the movie as part of the experience. You can only imagine the merchandise available!

I hope you like the Outback, on our last visit in 2006, out of our fourteen nights in Florida, we ate there for ten of the nights, namely to say, we never had to wait for a table, and were even having complimentary starters if the restaurant was busy!....Mind you, my credit card bill was not a pretty sight:eek:

I love the sound of the 'run' and 'stop' signs :8855::8855:

Lions and tigers (no bears) oh my! Lions and tigers (no bears) oh my!!
So that's Detroit (lions), Cincinatti (bengals) and no Chicago (bears) - noticing the smooth way I moved from you, to Dorothy, to NFL?!?!!

Just remembered.. from May! (I swear my memory is fading!!) if you get chance/fancy it, then the Blue Man Group at Universal was really fun...

Best Thing Ever??..

Go to Downtown Disney (Opposite Typhoon Lagoon(I think - well one of the water parks anyway..) - Used to be called Pleasure Island (No, nothing like that ladies!!) Find a film that you want to watch, and go to the cinema.. TAKE THE DINING OPTION!!! That way, as you are sitting there, watching a film that isn't out here yet, you get waiter service to your chair!!! There's even a little 'call' button if you want more stuff whilst the film is on!! BRILLIANT!!

In the area are bars, restaurants, shops and DISNEY QUEST!!-5 floors of video games, ranging from old school to modern.... and all free (once you're in) If you were to just walk up, it does cost $42-46 BUT we had Disney multipark passes (14 day) and got in free!!! (Not sure if we had just the standard passes or if we upgraded them though)

I'm so jealous... Already trying to plan when we'll have enough money to go again.

'95, '00, '01, '11 Disney Vetran

Back