From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Well as Steve has been told to "head for the hills" and my surname is Hill.........I am definitely at the front of the queue!! :D

Chelsea Lou said:
Well as Steve has been told to "head for the hills" and my surname is Hill.........I am definitely at the front of the queue!! :D

Hehehe!

I think we have a winner!! Xx

Hehehe!

I think we have a winner!! Xx

Oh no, no, no.
Not so fast.

You see if Steve is "heading for" the hills, it implies that them there hills are a long way away, and he's got a fair trek to get there.

So I reckon it puts the hills at the back of the queue, and leaves plenty of space for the rest of us to catch his eye / trip him up on his way there!

This gets better and better!

Steve,

I have just spent the last few hours reading all 17 pages of your diary! What a rollercoaster ride you have had and all the way through reading I made sure I didn't read your signature strip as I didn't want to ruin the ending of your 'story'!

You are a true inspiration and you have motivated me like you will never know... I KNOW you will get to your 100lb target and I can see that you will never look back!

One of the saddest summaries of a life contain three descriptions; could have, might have and should have and you will NEVER have any of those descriptions in your life again!

Be proud Steve, Be really proud :happy096:

Oh and one more thing... The girls on here have had me nearly crying with laughter ;)

This gets better and better!

Oh you think so!

I'm scared to post on my own bleedin' thread;)

Someone PM me when safe to do so and this lot are "out of season"

Well, I'm almost relived to have gained 1.5lb this week (it might put a few off:p)

So I gained 1.5lb - that's the result of a nice hotel and eating "regular" food. Not particularly going mad, just not worrying about having some of the old staples, full English breakfast, soup but with crusty bread and butter, thick toast with butter and cheese board for dessert.

None of the above synned, but all enjoyed without remorse.

More importantly, I have had a good chat with consultant and she believes I need to consider carefully my next target. I had thought of 10st 5lb - some of you know it would equal 100lb loss from the start. Reality is different. I want to be realistic, and I also want to have the flexibility of the odd day off plan too.

My current target therefore is 10-12 menaning so far as SW is concerned, my target range will be 10-9 to 11-1 - I will treat the 11st barrier as the "danger-line"

Should I venture past 11st I'll just keep running:p

Oooh we got all serious there. I do apologise about talking about weightloss/targets etc.;)

Hi Steve,

Go with what you feel happy with... I think the thing is when you have been so regimented with food and exercise for so long it is quite dificult to stop when that is what your life has been revolving around for months. I do think that sometimes people just stretch it out for a little bit longer because of the fear of stopping! Almost like when a criminal has been in prison for so long and they get scared to be released... If that makes any sense at all!!

I think you are looking great the way you are and you are fit and healthy but the choice is yours! Stick within your healthy BMI range and your sorted :D

Personally, I think that, although you were dead set on it, the 100lb may have been a little too much. 10-12 sounds perfect. The whole thing is flexible though, which you know. It's maintaining that takes more concentration!

And a whole weekend off plan. Check you out!

Hi Steve,

Go with what you feel happy with... I think the thing is when you have been so regimented with food and exercise for so long it is quite dificult to stop when that is what your life has been revolving around for months. I do think that sometimes people just stretch it out for a little bit longer because of the fear of stopping! Almost like when a criminal has been in prison for so long and they get scared to be released... If that makes any sense at all!!

I think you are looking great the way you are and you are fit and healthy but the choice is yours! Stick within your healthy BMI range and your sorted :D

Listen to this one, dishing the advise out already lol. You're so "tuned in" it's unreal :)
Personally, I think that, although you were dead set on it, the 100lb may have been a little too much. 10-12 sounds perfect. The whole thing is flexible though, which you know. It's maintaining that takes more concentration!

And a whole weekend off plan. Check you out!

Well, I am easily distracted. Concentration not one of the more obvious qualities:eek:

Good job determination is!

Maximus said:
I'm scared to post on my own bleedin' thread;)

Someone PM me when safe to do so and this lot are "out of season"

Well, I'm almost relived to have gained 1.5lb this week (it might put a few off:p)

Personally, I like my men to have a little bit of meat on em...:p

MadameLaMinx said:
HOW did I not find this thread before???

Muhahahahahha. HELLO STEVE.:hide:

Methinks we've just added to the harem...:p

skinnydawn said:
Methinks we've just added to the harem...:p

Ha ha. Welcome MLMinx. You will fit right in !!!!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Meanwhile, back in the real world;)

Went back to my rambling today for my fortightly trip with the local ramblers group. (every other Sunday folks - don't forget).

This time it was in and around (a circular, no less) Barnard Castle in Teesdale, County Durham. A very pretty area it is too.

The weather was great, despite forecast rain and it got better and better through the day. Unfortunately, the walking got tougher and a few of the group had minor falls. The heat became too much for many - I actually enjoyed it, remembering all the snow and ice on the winter rambles, so didn't complain.

The hot weather combined with some strep inclines and severe descents then un-even and rocky paths made the 6.5 miles seem arduous and at times torturous. Some lovely country up there, and great walking. It's a place I visit annual (May) birdwatching but had missed this year as my previous birdwatching companion as some of you will know recently passed away, and I've not really got back into the routine as yet:(

Funny how memories hit you at times and places like this....

Anyway, as usual I enjoyed the walking, especially the challenging bits! - I figure it is all "money in the bank" as far as body magic and health goes. The added attraction this time was I was able to wear proper sunglasses and my recently-acquired contact lenses - instead of prescription specs or clip-ons etc.

The views were spectacular with contacts or sunglasses - a wise move methinks. Vain? Moi? never....;) - oh and there's absolutely no truth in the rumours I'm having a hair transplant next! - some work colleagues are just cruel with their jibes....

Best part of the day for me was after all the walking and running out of drink, calling into the local chippy and purchasing 2 lots of diet coke. IUt killed me to ignore the obvious aroma and sight of crispy battered pieces of cod and beautiful golden chips - I swear with my new contact lenses I could read the cod and they had my name on!!!

Never mind, my ham salad was awaiting when I got home - no contest;) So glad I can resist temptation like that these days, but I was tempted!

6.5 mile, good weather, great company and tonnes of body magic. Add to that Sundays are normally boring.

Win-win situation methinks.

Steve

Sounds like you had a fab day out. Sorry about the HOT weather.
Apparently it's blowing from here to you!

Well done on resisting the F&C - I've not had any in MONTHS and I know I wouldn't have been able to go in and just get some DC!

This re-setting target is becoming a pain!
Inexplicably, I gained 2lb this week and now right on the limit for my new target. With hindsight I should NOT have reduced target!

Now I don't know what to think or do. I know as a bloke, not knowing what to think or do comes naturally, so got it in first beofre the rush to do so:p

Target is not nowhere near as much fun as the journey getting there!

I say this in all seriousness (normal service will soon be resumed) so any of you out there, please really enjoy it as the goal is great, but the after-party is an anti-climax lol.

Oh and another top-tip. Once you reach target, resting on your laurels is fatal! - I find I cut back on the walking and got lazy. Lesson for life methinks.

I also crossed my "danger level" at weighed in at a whopping 11st 1lb (oh the shame lol) I know, hardly a disaster, but as I said it is my warning zone.

Looks like Im going to spend the summer walking on sunshine.** I could do with some colour:)

Whatever happened to Katrina and The Waves anyway lol.

I suspected I was in trouble when my gym instructor at work spied me the other day and said he thought I'd left or been sacked! - point taken and I'll take that as a verbal ass-kicking!

Onwards and upwards.

Steve

don't be too disheartened......you've achieved so much.....of course it's going to take a bit of time adjusting both your head and your body, but I'm sure you'll find your feet soon (in and out of trainers!!)
Don't be so hard on yourself

Steve - do not berate yourself. You have done amazingly well to get to target and lower it too.
Yes - getting to grips with maintaining is hard (so I'm told :rolleyes: - I'll let you know when I get there) but you're just doing a little 3 lb wobble round your new target which IS ALLOWED.
Go out rambling, enjoy the sunshine and stop being too hard on yourself.

Serious bit over.

You'll be please to hear I'm no longer in season, have declared my undying love for you to my hubby and he's fine with our long distance realationship. So long as I don't visit Geordieland too often and come back with my Mancunian accent ruined. So I might just hop on the next flight to Newcastle for a weekend of body magic. That ok with you?

Back