From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Hope you feel better soon, Minimus!

For the record, there is only one Q word allowed in here and that's Quinny (me!) Quark and Quorn should be banned - with all due respect to people who like eating carpet etc.

Oh and since I'm having a new-year rant/clearout, Scan Bran can be deported too:cool:
I wholeheartedly agree about quorn.
But actually, quark as a replacement for cream in a sauce is really very nice.
I was very dubious too when I first tried it and I now actually prefer it to cream - sad bar steward that I am!

Hope you enjoyed the walk and cleared your head out. I thought it was empty anyway, but hey ho. **ducks and runs** - again

Last edited:
Just popping in to say hello to the 'great' Steve i keep seeing about!
Yes Emma and I have heard all about you and have joined your gang now ;-). (was going to say hareem but it sounded wrong in my head)
Harem sounds about right lol Im sure dawn will be along shortly to confirm ;) xx

Oh ladies, ladies...:rolleyes:
First rule of the harem...
Do not flatter the Maxumus, or we'll never hear the end of it lol!!! ;)
You might like to take a leaf out of Bevs book (below)...she's quite an expert at handling Steve...:whip:

Hope you enjoyed the walk and cleared your head out. I thought it was empty anyway, but hey ho. **ducks and runs** - again

:giggle:

No flattery from me lol

You'll have to give us a masterclass on how he needs to be handled dawn lol xx

Last edited:

Hope you feel better soon x

sent from my Samsung galaxy s
9.5lbs left to go to be pre Christmas weight

Yes Emma and I have heard all about you and have joined your gang now ;-). (was going to say hareem but it sounded wrong in my head)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Now girls as his mumsie I think I too have to give you a few warnings about my darling baby boy.
Join his harem by all means but expect little and you will not be disappointed.
He is a good boy ( when he is asleep) and very loved but very fickle.

:happy096::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Say it like it is Bev !!!

Hello boy child............mumsie just popped in to say have a great day and rest that leg. Do not overdo it.

hugs xxxxx

Hope you feel better soon x

sent from my Samsung galaxy s
9.5lbs left to go to be pre Christmas weight

Almost complimentary that was, thank you so much, if only you had an iphone, I'd know your opinion was valid;)

Do eunuchs have harems? :D Hello Steve, did you enjoy Mrs Brown's boys tonight. I did ;)

Chels, be honest, is thare any boys you don't "enjoy"?

I wholeheartedly agree about quorn.
But actually, quark as a replacement for cream in a sauce is really very nice.
I was very dubious too when I first tried it and I now actually prefer it to cream - sad bar steward that I am!

If this Quark can be added to coffee as cream, then I'd agree...... empty head indeed! - that's fresh coming from someone who though Sherlock Holmes was a block of flats;)

No flattery from me lol

You'll have to give us a masterclass on how he needs to be handled dawn lol xx

Top tip for you Emma - you will notice when any of them have a go at Master Maximus, it is to hide their own shortcomings/weight gain etc. - I'm like the Manchester United of Slimming World. Everyone likes to have a go, but secretly they are in awe;)

'Tis a burden I have to carry, and if I say it myself, carry it well:p

Back to work today and as expected, getting up at 6am was a killer! - not helped by waking up every couple of hours thinking I'd slept in:eek:

Had another 100% day today

Banana, apple and yoghurt for breakfast.

Corned beef sandwich (3syn+hexb) ryvita & laughing cow (hexa+b) lunch crisps (damn machine at work only had a 9syn packet!!)

Dinner veg soup and mash, mixed veg & gravy (2syns)

Will have a glass of milk (hexa) later.

100% but most of the syns wasted on 1 lousy bag of crisps lol.

Oh and how remiss of me to have not mentioned the great news!

Had my annual diabetic review and my medication has been furhter reduced (last year my insulin was stopped) this time, my 8-week average bloodcount thingy (whatever it is called) was 5.4! (below 7.1 is the target.

My weight was 5kb (11lb) lower than when texted last january and my blood pressure today was an excellent 134/80 - again having been obese diabetic and hypertension, this is a very encouraging result.

Needless to say my nurse was happier than I!...well, almost;)

Thanks Jackie

Oh and since the lovely, nice Sarah set a 10lb loss for January target, please sign up here if you're up for it:cool:

Can't think of a better reason for being 100%, personally;)

That's great about your diabetic check up. My hubby is diabetic and is doing SW with me so hopefully he'll do as well as you have :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Top tip for you Emma - you will notice when any of them have a go at Master Maximus, it is to hide their own shortcomings/weight gain etc. - I'm like the Manchester United of Slimming World. Everyone likes to have a go, but secretly they are in awe;)

'Tis a burden I have to carry, and if I say it myself, carry it well:p

Is that including the half stone Xmas excess from last week?

My my...you are a big strong boy! ;)

But credit where credits due hunni...the whole diabetes thing is pretty impressive and I'm well chuffed for you x

I've come across many poorly diabetic patients over the last 20 years, and it's just fantastic that you've managed to turn it around through your own hard work. I'm not surprised your nurse was so pleased...I was a teeny bit surprised however that she made you strip naked :confused: (which u forgot to mention on here ;))

Maximus said:
Oh and how remiss of me to have not mentioned the great news!

Had my annual diabetic review and my medication has been furhter reduced (last year my insulin was stopped) this time, my 8-week average bloodcount thingy (whatever it is called) was 5.4! (below 7.1 is the target.

My weight was 5kb (11lb) lower than when texted last january and my blood pressure today was an excellent 134/80 - again having been obese diabetic and hypertension, this is a very encouraging result.

Needless to say my nurse was happier than I!...well, almost;)

Great news! Massive congrats!!!

Pooh - need to be sensible for a minute.

Well done on the fantastic result on the diabetic checks. Everything looking hunky dory is down to all your hard work.

Well thank you all very much. Although she couldn't say it (probably from a professional point of view) I felt as though the nurse was almost half hinting and half challenging me to become non-diabetic. - I don't think she believed me when I told her I am 6kg heavier than my lowest wieght in June!

Gradually decreasing the medication is a sensible thing rather than going cold turkey of course. I really think If I can get a settle BMI of around mid-healthy range (22.5 is between 20 and 25) I'm sure my diabetes and hypertension will be condemned to history.

This leg injury could not have come at a worse time from an fitness and exercise point of view, though to put a positive slant on it, the rehab and strength-building could not have come at a better time.

PS I slow cooked 4 chicken breasts tonight. Have you ANY idea how difficult it was to put them to one side and not have at least one tonight?

Oh well, no prizes for guessing tomorrows two mains lol.

Best get to bed - 6am start beckons:(

Back