From Mis-shaped to....?

MissHapp said:
So, 4 DDs done this week...phew! *Definitely* ready for 2 UDs now! Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow. I may actually have to go to bed soon - my coping mechanism!

Ha, snap with the coping mechanism! ;)

Happy UP weekend! :D

P x

Hurrah! Happy Dance! This morning's WI = 14st 3.25lbs :D That's almost 3lbs from last week but down 1.5lbs from a fortnight ago when I gained slightly following birthday celebrations! Woohoo!

I was trying to remember how many weeks I've been doing this now - I reckon around 8 weeks? And in that time I've lost 9lbs. I'm so pleased... I keep thinking about how I have managed to lose that weight whilst eating food! And have been able to run too!

I don't want to post a link to it and break forum rules but I was reading an article about IF on t'web and it was talking about all the many different patterns of fasting - it's great reading about people's different fasting journeys. Fasting can be anything from missing a meal to a full on, hard core 30 day thing! I will definitely play around with my fasting pattern again if I hit a plateau or want to address a small gain.

Also, P, I was wondering, re the sleep thing - we joke about it, but I wonder if getting a good amount of sleep helps too? I know when my littleys were more little and sleep was a rare thing, I was starving all the bloomin' time!

Brilliant loss, Miss Happ!

Re the sleep thing - it definitely does help. There was an article published just last week about lack of sleep making you fatter .... at a high level, if you're tired you're more likely to make the wrong food choices, crave carbs, sugar, etc

Enjoy your weekend!

P x

Paulinegin said:
Brilliant loss, Miss Happ!

Re the sleep thing - it definitely does help. There was an article published just last week about lack of sleep making you fatter .... at a high level, if you're tired you're more likely to make the wrong food choices, crave carbs, sugar, etc

Enjoy your weekend!

P x

I can vouch for this. There has been times when I've been up for 36hours and have eaten 5000 calories!
Well done misshapp on ur brilliant loss x

Oooh, and I've dropped below 200lbs! Excellent milestone, methinks!

Worked out that I've got around 19lbs to go to get into overweight category and not obese. I try and ignore BMI as much as possible, tbh, but it's hard to shrug off sometimes...although still obese, I reckon my fitness levels are pretty good. So that's something to be positive about.

Morning all!

Had a nice weekend with family, some good food and two lovely 6 mile runs. Didn't weigh Monday morning as I fancied trying to 'ignore' the bounce from my UDs. I did wonder about not weighing all week but I think I like to be prepared if I'm going to stall or gain a little! So, weighed this morning and I'm 14st 3.25lbs - exactly the same as Saturday's WI with 2 DDs to go...fingers crossed then for a pound or even two this week!

UD today - back to my usual pattern this week. Now, I managed the 2 lots of DDDs last week OK - hard, but OK. The part I found most hard was knowing that once I had done the first DDD, I really had to follow through with the second DDD because my weekend UDs keep me sane and I'm not giving those up for *anything*!

Just wondering what to have today before I head off to work...mmmmm.

Have a great day everyone!

After 1 UD I weighed in this morning at 14 3.5lbs - just 0.25 of a gain - wonder what limited the bounce? Find this diet intensely fascinating.

This week's WI: 14st 1.25lbs! :D

A 2lb loss this week - really chuffed with that. I've lost about 11lbs using ADF in what, 10 or 11 weeks? You know, I'm not even counting the weeks - it's just 'what I do'! I've never broken a DD, never once thought about 'cheating'...I've eaten healthy food, had treats and *still* lost weight!

I am starting to sniff out that number 13 on the scales now...wonder if I will see that in a couple of weeks? It doesn't seem very long ago since I saw 15 something on the scales and 16 something before that. What a positive difference I have made to my life.

Well done on the continued weight loss you are doing great!!

Wowzer - I've just done my longest run in a very, very long time. 9.1 miles - the 0.1 is very important, dontchaknow ;-)

How bloomin' amazing is that? 9 miles! I'm almost at half marathon territory!

Woop. I got sore hips just thinking about that. Also, I don't think I'd be allowed out the house long enough to ever get that far!

No sore hips thankfully! In the time it took me to run 9 miles, my mega fit hubby ran 16 - and he was pushing our 3 year old in a running buggy!

Seriously though, I have to get out to run - it's me time.

Not too much of a bounce after this weekend's UDs - weighed in at 14st 2.25lbs this morning - so just a lb gain after 2 UDs. I reckon that 9 mile run burned some serious calories! I also notice that running curbs my appetite rather strangely.

Had some homemade soup today plus my usual banana and 0% total yoghurt. I don't even count on DDs now - I just know what to do. Looking forward to my UD tomorrow - I'm on a training course at a venue that does the most delicious food. Yum yum.

Wondering about when to try a DDD again - maybe in a couple of weeks. Just 3lbs til I've done my first ADF stone...

Feeling hungry - I think mental hunger rather than physical - so about to deploy the age old coping strategy of an early night.

Are you seeing a lot of inch loss too?

I didn't measure at the start which is a tad annoying! BUT, more people have commented on my weight loss since I have been IF than did when I was losing weight on S&S. Now, that could be because the weight loss has finally started to be noticeable, or it could be because I am losing more inches? I don't know for sure.

What I do know is that the scales took a while to start going down but they have been going down steadily. I have had some bounces, a STS and even a small gain...but when you look at the big picture, I've lost 11lb! Not to be sniffed at!

Back