From Mis-shaped to....?

Well, all quiet on the ADF front as we got the call from Ofsted on Tuesday - in in Wednesday & Thursday! For anyone who is in education, you will know this is *a big deal*. With knobs on.

So, no fasting after Monday this week. I think I've 'gained' around 4lbs, but I know that this is not real weight, so I'm pretty relaxed. I've decided to do DDDs this week and I'm sure all will come good again in a couple of weeks.

MissHapp said:
Well, all quiet on the ADF front as we got the call from Ofsted on Tuesday - in in Wednesday & Thursday! For anyone who is in education, you will know this is *a big deal*. With knobs on.

So, no fasting after Monday this week. I think I've 'gained' around 4lbs, but I know that this is not real weight, so I'm pretty relaxed. I've decided to do DDDs this week and I'm sure all will come good again in a couple of weeks.

I'm actually an inspector so I understand just how big a deal it is! I hope it went well? X

Well, I'm the Head, so it was pretty full on - but yes, all went well. I'm thinking of asking my Governors to let me do the Ofsted training now myself as I think that when it is done well, it is a process that really helps schools improve.

MissHapp said:
Well, I'm the Head, so it was pretty full on - but yes, all went well. I'm thinking of asking my Governors to let me do the Ofsted training now myself as I think that when it is done well, it is a process that really helps schools improve.

It's definitely well worth headteachers doing the training for their own development (also a good income source for school if you need it??!)

I'm trained with Tribal and I'd recommend them over Serco if you have a choice (I've done inspections for both!)

Thanks, Yoga - have sent some enquiry emails off!

Weighed myself today after a DDD - really pleased as I'm at my WI which I took a week last Saturday - 14st 1.25lbs. UD today - phew - then another round of DDD before the weekend! On reflection, I don't think it does your metabolism or you diet brain any harm at all to have a few UDs in a row and shake things up a bit.

Right, enough typing. Let's eat! :D

Second DDD of the week nearly over. Thank the Lord. Feeling pretty hungry. Had a cup a soup at lunch and will have some weight watchers soup in the next hour or so. I normally make some homemade soup but haven't had chance today. Will have some fruit and yoghurt too and then have an early night, I suspect.

Tomorrow, I have plans for cake! Mmmm.

As a means of distracting myself from hunger, I tried on a pair of size 16 next jeans which I had in my wardrobe from 4 years ago. Amazingly, I can do them up! I wouldn't wear them yet but crikey - doing up a pair of size 16s at 14 st! That's amazing! I'm using this NSV to power me through the last few hours of this DDD!

Well done you, Ive just had a similar thing with size 18 trousers at 16 stone......these NSV's are powerful stuff!!!x

OK, so this week's WI: 14st 0.75lbs. That's 0.5lbs down from 2 weeks ago which I'm pretty chuffed with, tbh, given that the first week consisted of only 1 DD, I ate my entire weight in chocolate and had just about the most stressful experience which my job can throw at me!

12 lbs lost on ADF now, 36lbs lost in total since June. Sooo, close to seeing 13 something! Back to my 3 UD pattern this week - fingers crossed I see it next week!

Been out for a 5 mile run today - managed ok but felt quite odd for a while when I got back. I was wondering why then realised that it may have been down to 'running on empty' after 2 lots of DDDs! Gave me an excuse to have some cheese on toast and cake.

Have succumbed to putting the heating on. Brrrrr, it feels cold.

MissHapp said:
Been out for a 5 mile run today - managed ok but felt quite odd for a while when I got back. I was wondering why then realised that it may have been down to 'running on empty' after 2 lots of DDDs! Gave me an excuse to have some cheese on toast and cake.

Have succumbed to putting the heating on. Brrrrr, it feels cold.

Oooh cheese on toast mmmmm :) On my list for tomorrow I think :)

My hearings been on all "summer" lol! X

Didn't manage a really long run on Sunday in the end but did get out for a 5 miler, so that's all good.

Today's DD gone well. Cups of coffee until 7:30, then yummy homemade veg soup with 2 plain rice cakes, strawberries and fromage frais. This week I was definitely *not* going to do any DDDs but I remembered today that I am on a course on Wednesday where there will be the most delicious food. Clearly to be having a DD on that day would be lunacy, so I need to do Mon and Tues as a DDD, then I'll have Weds and Thurs as UDs and Friday as my 3rd DD this week.

Good Luck with double DD, it will be well worth it if the food on Wed is good, just thinking about it should keep you on track!!

Weights this week so far:

Sat WI: 14st 0.75lbs
Mon 14st 3.75 lbs (after 2 UD)
Weds 14st 0lbs (after 2DD)

It flickered on 13 something - nearly crossed that boundary! Why is that so exciting! 1 more DD this week which will probably be Friday.

Had a proper UD yesterday - I've woken up feeling full! I had cups of coffee, cookies, yummy lunch in a hotel, sausages chips and egg for tea, fruit and chocolate.

This morning's weight - 14st 0.75lbs - so that's bang on Saturday's WI with another DD to go. Just .75lbs gain from yesterday's UD - may be down to the fact that I went for a good run when I got back from my course.

I'm thinking I might do today as a DD and then do my official WI tomorrow morning as I can't face doing another DDD this week and want to have official WI after a DD. Will it show 13st something? Purleeeese!!

MissHapp said:
Had a proper UD yesterday - I've woken up feeling full! I had cups of coffee, cookies, yummy lunch in a hotel, sausages chips and egg for tea, fruit and chocolate.

This morning's weight - 14st 0.75lbs - so that's bang on Saturday's WI with another DD to go. Just .75lbs gain from yesterday's UD - may be down to the fact that I went for a good run when I got back from my course.

I'm thinking I might do today as a DD and then do my official WI tomorrow morning as I can't face doing another DDD this week and want to have official WI after a DD. Will it show 13st something? Purleeeese!!

Rooting for u x

Thanks T2G! It flickered on 13 something then landed on 14st 0lbs. Briefly considered doing another DD then I told myself to get a grip and that I'd lost 0.75lbs which was good - look at T2Gs profile pic! Spent a few minutes shifting the scales around the bathroom and finally accepted that it really did say 14st 0lbs - anyone else do crazy stuff like that?! Have to wait another week to see 13 something and just 2 more lbs til my first ADF stone!

3 UDs now. :D

OK, so today, for the first time since I started fasting, I'm feeling a bit panicky about what to do this week. It's half term here and I've booked us a last minute holiday - glamping - which I'm looking forward to but also worrying about whether I'll manage to fast? I don't know what to do at all.

:confused:

MissHapp said:
OK, so today, for the first time since I started fasting, I'm feeling a bit panicky about what to do this week. It's half term here and I've booked us a last minute holiday - glamping - which I'm looking forward to but also worrying about whether I'll manage to fast? I don't know what to do at all.

:confused:

If I was you I'd enjoy my holiday :) And start again when you're back - others may tell you differently but in my opinion life is for living not dieting and this is a slow and steady race! In the long term a week off plan for a holiday isn't going to impact much at all :) xx

Back