From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

Hello MC,

I'm enjoying your diary, you've got a really great attitude.

Hope you and everyone in your family feel better soon though. I think I had that bug last week, it's not nice!

Sending you get-well-wishes and virtual mashed potatoes :) x

Thanks hun, I've just had a little sleep and am actually feeling a bit better. Maybe it's the Beechams talking though! :D

Virtual mashed potatoes, love it! :) Only wish someone could actually make me some, then I wouldn't have to get off the sofa lol!

xx

:bighug: big hug for you charlie and oh
hope you all feel better soon

lots of fluids and regular paracetamol always works for me :D

Thanks Mandy, I am all 'pilled up' at the minute, and feeling better for it! :)

OH has made a miraculous recovery and has toddled off to work, hopefully I will be as bright tomorrow!

Charlie Cat is still looking ropey, I hope he recovers soon as it is awful when your pet is sick, you can't exactly explain to them what is going on! I would rather be ill myself than have him poorly, I'm so soppy! :)

xx

Oh no, hope you feel better soon!!!! xx

Of course there are several benefits of having a nasty stomach bug:

First of all, when you start feeling better, you feel SO much better straight away! I'm almost human again, and haven't thrown up since yesterday (sorry, too much information, I know).

Secondly, after a bug like that the scales are your best friend - I seem to have lost several pounds overnight, which of course is mainly fluid but I feel light!

And finally - this bug must have not only taken weight off me, but YEARS. I popped down to Sainsbury's earlier you see, as my poor old tummy fancied some vanilla yogurt for breakfast and I had none at home. While there I spotted Bailey's half price, and I tell you, I am NEVER so sick that I can miss up an opportunity like that, so of course a bottle went in the basket. I get to the check out, and the lovely lady asks me for ID. Stop. Don't rush on, I want you to read that bit again. SHE ASKED ME FOR ID. I didn't have any (I don't drive, and don't carry my passport around) so I was refused. I am 35.

Conclusion: WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! :D :D :D

It's been years since I was asked for ID, and even longer since I was actually refused. I might market this stomach bug as guaranteed to make you look younger!

Joking aside, I am sooooo pleased to be feeling a bit better, still not 100% but definitely a huge improvement on yesterday.

Charlie Cat is also lots sprightlier today; he's had his breakfast and has even done some tricks for his dry food treats. I swear he thinks he is a dog! :)

Anyway, cup of tea and said vanilla yogurt beckons, have a lovely day everyone! xx

well i bet that made you feel good:D
althougth the disaster of not actually getting the bailys might put a damper on it :D

extremly good for the ego !!! very long time since i got id'd :cry:

glad your feeling better and that charlie is too, i agree it is horrible when there poorly cos they can't tell you wants wrong , bless em xx

Glad your feeling better :) that's a good thing though as baileys is high in syns. Like 4.5 per 25ml of 4syns something like that :( x

I know :sigh: aren't the best things always the highest syns?! :cry: There's no way I'd be able to drink it tonight anyway, I wanted to start stocking up a bit for Christmas - as I won't really be sticking to plan over the holidays anyway so it'll be a nice little treat. ;)

Heading back there tomorrow with ID in hand, no doubt they won't even ask when I do have it!! :D

Haha good idea. I know I won't be on plan too much over Xmas hehehe. Yeah you go back there tomorrow. Hope they ask for your ID :) did you see that 92 year old on the news recently being ID'd for booze then being refused as she didn't have any?? How bloody stupid eh? Lol. Bet the kid who refused her feels right silly now!

Hope you've had a good evenin and have a good day today :) xx

Right, feeling much better and am definitely going back to work tomorrow. :)

Weekend has been very quiet (apart from all the fireworks going off outside, poor Charlie Cat has lived under our sofa most of the weekend, poor thing, what a week he's had).

At least being ill has made me not fancy any alcohol, so have gone another weekend without drink! Woohoo! Might try and not drink for the whole of November actually, as I know I will be going mad over Christmas so might try and be good for this month. Oh wait, we are going to Leeds for the last weekend of this month to see the Vaccines - OK, maybe I will try and not drink until then! :D

Food has been good this weekend, not eaten a lot to be fair as have been feeling so unwell. Have eaten a bit today but all free stuff so all good!

Hope you have all had a great weekend! :) xx

So that's Monday out of the way. Haven't weighed myself for the last couple of days (goodness, I MUST have been ill haha!) so have no idea how I am doing this week, I am just hoping for 1.5 off on Wednesday as that would be my one and a half stone shiny sticker.

I really must stay to the meeting this week as well so I can speak to my C and get my body magic awards. I have actually earned my bronze one already, and this week I will finish my silver one, meaning I can start working towards my gold one. Woop woop! :)

Food today has been good, started with breakfast (YAY!!) of yogurt, fresh fruit and muesli, then had yogurt again for lunch (forgot to take lunch with me but had a yogurt in the fridge at work, thank god). Tea was veggie bolognese with wholemeal bread (still trying to avoid the pasta).

Charliecat is under the sofa again as fireworks still going on. Wish people would leave it alone now, the night has come and gone, stop with the noise now please I have a cat with shattered nerves! :(

Watching Biggest loser Australia at the moment, which I taped over the weekend, it is amazing what those people have achieved in such a short time - I know I seem to have caught this exercise bug a bit, but that is NOTHING compared to what these poor ******* have to do each day! I ache just watching it lol!

Have a great evening each and all, sorry I haven't checked on anyone's diaries for the last day or so, I've just been concentrating on getting well! xx

I agree with you about the fireworks they have driven my dog mad :mad:
The cat who is 17 has just taken her self to the back of the wardrobe and slept througth it:D

love biggest loser have the american one recording, plus 2 series of the australian one :D Never actually seen the british one :confused:
Its probably what made me join the gym althougth i don't do any where near what they do:eek:

Glad your feeling better and fingers crossed for tomorrow xx

What the hell is going on, I have practically lost my voice!! Haven't even been shouting at kids or anything! :)

Woke up this morning with a bit of a sore throat, nothing too bad though and just thought it was part of this bug thing that is going around (one of the problems with being a teacher, you get subjected to all sorts) but this afternoon I started sounding really croaky, and just now when I tried to speak to my OH on the phone I could barely speak! Much to his delight I'm sure!! :D

Best rest my voice a bit tomorrow then, have only got 4 lessons anyway so might set the students some fun research tasks to do which they could get on with without me having to talk too much!

Have had a good day, but was a bit disappointed when I weighed myself this morning - I weigh exactly the same as last week! I was so proud of myself for not falling off the wagon when I was ill, and now I have nothing to show for it. Might have a miraculous loss overnight though so won't moan too much yet! :)

What else has happened? No fireworks tonight as yet, thank god, meaning Charlie is fast asleep in front of the fire, where he belongs. My other cat Bobby is out and about, doing his patrols, no doubt he will come home when he is ready for a cuddle. He's already had his evening tablet (dickey bladder) so all is good.

Anyway, best make another cup of tea for my throat and hope for the best tomorrow (both in terms of my voice and WI!!) :cross:

never believe a sneaky peek:eek::eek:

I am of the opinion that scales are evil and were put on this earth to torment the slimmer:D:D

On a more serious note it may just be if you have not really eaten a lot over the weekend then your metabolism slowed down a bit, it will readjust itself and you will have a bigger loss next week :D

(metabolisms being of the evil persuasion as well :D)

never believe a sneaky peek:eek::eek:

I am of the opinion that scales are evil and were put on this earth to torment the slimmer:D:D

On a more serious note it may just be if you have not really eaten a lot over the weekend then your metabolism slowed down a bit, it will readjust itself and you will have a bigger loss next week :D

(metabolisms being of the evil persuasion as well :D)

Thanks hun, I hope you are right! I just sort of had my heart set on a pound and a half loss so I'd get my stone and a half shiny. But as you say, even if I don't get it tomorrow I'll get it next week instead! :)

xx

Had to stay home from school today on account of not having a voice at all. Nothing apart from a little squeak. Can't teach like that, so decided it'd be best I stayed at home and rested, usually I push myself and then end up worse (I hate having time off school as I feel like I am putting everyone out and the kids lose out) but this is ridiculous - I could not even speak properly to our cover manager this morning so no way I could stand in front of 30 kids.

On the plus side, I did a little sneaky weigh this morning and it looks like I might get my shiny today after all. I've just been in touch with my C and there is a class at 10 am I can go and weigh at, which saves me waiting until 6pm tonight. I've also managed to get a doctor's appointment for 11am, meaning I can go to bed for the day once I've been.

Haven't eaten anything at all yet today, feels like I have cotton wool in my throat, like I wouldn't be able to swallow anything. Might pick up some soup on my travels and try some of that later.

Grrrr....I'm so annoyed at being ill again! After having had last Friday off with this stomach bug, I really thought that would be my lot for this year! I'm not the best of patients, so my apologies for being whiny!! ;)

Back