From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

Oooo, just realised I am at 99 posts, just had to make this 100! :D

Have had a brilliant morning so far; decided I had to get new work trousers ready for Monday, when I have to go back to school (boooo) so off I go down to Evans. Last time I was in there I had to buy everything (including my old work trousers) in size 26, today I tried on a cardigan, a new top and a pair of new trousers, all in size 22 and they all fit!!! So needless to say I had to buy all 3 items and am now £82 poorer.

Thinking about it now, I could have probably gone to my trusted old M&S and tried on their clothes as well, but for some reason it felt important to get these clothes from Evans, as I guess I am secretly hoping that this will be the LAST TIME EVER I have to shop in there!!!

My new items are hanging proudly in the spare bedroom, ready to be worn, and next time I go shopping it will certainly not be in a special shop. Money cannot buy that feeling!! :D

I still promise I have not got a shopping habit. The way I look at it, I am simply preparing my bank account for when I am slim, as no doubt I will spend lots of money on clothes then. Therefore this is just a little warm up, you see?! ;)

Wandered about town for around an hour, which was lovely to do as the sun is shining, went to Sainsbury's and got some stuff for my veggie curry tonight - they had Bailey's on offer but I didn't buy any as I know I will not be able to stop after just one.

Breakfast was yogurt, banana, blueberries and Dorset cereals with a cup of tea. yum yum.

Have a great Saturday everyone!! :) xx

Just wrote this on the NSV thread, and wanted to make sure I logged it in my diary as well! :)

Another little NSV for me - or rather, my cat today!

Basically, my cat Charlie loves laying on my lap for a little cuddle, and usually he uses my big old tummy to lean against as a soft cushion.

Well, this morning he came onto my lap, went to lay down, sat back up again, looked at my tummy, then looked at me (with his angry eyes plugged in) as if to say 'where the hell is my cushion' then finally lay himself down and stretched his legs out, enjoying all the extra room! :D :D :D

Also, I was able to bend over him and reach my cup of tea, usually I have to pull the coffee table closer with my foot!! :)

Scales are showing a 3lb loss this morning! Wooohooo! Of course I am not going to go by them too much, as they are not the 'official' ones, but still, they are showing a loss.

I have, to be fair, been 100% since Wednesday AND I have been using syns during each day as well, rather than saving for alcohol. I haven't even been missing the drink (which, in it self is a huge step for me, as sometimes I think I should have joined AA rather than SW lol).

Also, I think it helps that I have started eating breakfast, as it does get my body going in the morning. I am just really worried about going back to school tomorrow, as that will definitely interfere with my newfound morning routine. I guess I will just have to be super-organised in the evenings and get my yogurt and fruit sorted in one container and my cereal weighed and ready in another to take to school each day.

Should get my new body shred DVD tomorrow as well, looking forward to starting that on Tuesday. I am under NO illusions by the way, I know I won't be able to do half of the exercises on there yet, but then at least I will be able to see how I progress once the workouts get easier!! :)

Waiting on Sainsbury's to open, then I'll pop down there and do a quick shop, then back home to relax for the most of the day. I love Sundays, you have such a good excuse to do nothing; Sundays are for ultimate laziness in my book!! :D

Oh wow it's looking good for u!!!
I need a 3 pound loss sooooo much!
I think I'm gonna have to get some exercise done! I really think that's what I'm missing out on now and hopfully can loose this last bit!!! :-/ ggggrrrrhhhhh

Another day with no drink today! Yay! :)

Food wise I've also been fine, have been REALLY hungry today though, don't know what is up? Had my breakfast again, and then a mugshot for lunch as I could not be bothered to do anything special. For my tea I've just had my veggie curry with toasted wholemeal bread and it was yummy.

I have noticed that I feel better and less bloated when I cut out pasta and rice - I know I had a bit of pasta in the mugshot earlier (but it's such a minimal amount to be fair) - usually when I have a veggie curry I'd have mountains of rice with it, which leaves me feeling all bloated and horrid afterwards.

Last night and tonight I just had toasted wholemeal bread with it (as Sainsbury's didn't have any BGTY mini naans left) and feel so much better! Am going to experiment with this for a week or so and see if cutting out pasta and rice makes a big difference.

Having an early night tonight, as it's back to school (and reality) tomorrow. It's TD day though, which is a nice, gentle start back, but it also means we get free lunch provided. I will have a look and see what is on offer (as the food is usually delicious) but will also bring something sensible just in case. I will NOT sabotage my good run just for the sake of 5 minutes of scoffing lol!!! :D

Have a great last few hours of the weekend everyone! :) xx

I've faced a fair few of these days myself - buffet (free) food always looks better than it tastes!! And is totally not worth it!
Do u have access to the SW website? Look up buffet foods - u can have yr 15syns in 15secs without even noticing!!!

I say take some food, make an excuse and eat alone!! - it's easier for me cos a lady from work does SW with me (we even go to class together) do ppl at work know yr on a diet? We kept it quiet until we actually couldn't hide it anymore - the only prob is I hate the looks I get every day to see what I'm eating!! Lol keeps me on my toes tho!

I've faced a fair few of these days myself - buffet (free) food always looks better than it tastes!! And is totally not worth it!
Do u have access to the SW website? Look up buffet foods - u can have yr 15syns in 15secs without even noticing!!!

I say take some food, make an excuse and eat alone!! - it's easier for me cos a lady from work does SW with me (we even go to class together) do ppl at work know yr on a diet? We kept it quiet until we actually couldn't hide it anymore - the only prob is I hate the looks I get every day to see what I'm eating!! Lol keeps me on my toes tho!

I know exactly what you mean - and when you have buffet style you end up picking lots more than you had planned to (or is that just me lol)!!

Luckily my school doesn't believe in the buffet style too much; they tend to make us a proper meal, and on our last TD day the veggie option included potatoes, vegetables and Quorn sausages with gravy and extra salads on the side.

So if it's something like that I'll be fine (just won't have the gravy), but if it's say cauliflower and cheese bake then I won't bother as I won't know the syns!

I can't tell you how good it feels to be in control like this though, I don't think I have EVER planned on refusing a free meal, which is clearly how I got to the state I am!! ;)

That is great, that you have a SW buddy, that must be a real boost to have the support so close! I have only told one of my colleagues at school, and I only told him because he let it slip that he had started a calorie counting diet. So we try and keep an eye on each other, and the other week when I was convinced I had put on and was going to skip WI (like some naughty child) he talked me into going and I had actually lost 1.5!! :)

Have a great evening hun, xx

That's good too!! And a male on a diet?! Unusual! My hubby said last wk he'd like to loose 2 stone by Christmas - a change in job has seen him loose 10lbs without really trying! But he still eats take away and chocolate like it's going out of fashion! Lol :-/ makes it hard for me - but he has suggested that every sat afternoon we plan on going for a walk together :) I have serious knee problems (as well a lazyness problems) but will b nice to do stuff together.

Hope u have a good evening! No school work! That's my Sunday night rule :) xx

So far so good, back at school (and seem to fit in my chair at my desk so much better woohoo), have only managed a banana for my breakfast so far - oh I just knew my good planning would fall apart once I was back at school!! Must try harder for tomorrow! :)

Having a coffee break in a moment, and usually lovely chocolate cookies are provided - but I WILL stay strong and avoid them!!

Will report back later to see how the day went, have a great day everyone! xx

Right, didn't manage to avoid lunch, but it was a gorgeous vegetable casserole with rice and I quizzed one of our lovely dinner ladies on how it was made so I am going to estimate about 5 syns.

I did however manage to avoid the cookies on offer, and also I didn't have any pudding, which was a beautiful looking apple crumble with custard - my absolute favourite pudding of all times!!! But I stayed strong and chose fresh fruit instead, feeling very proud of myself for that!! :)

My body shred dvd turned up, as did my biggest loser challenge wii game, haven't tried the body shred yet but did 40 minutes on the biggest loser. It is quite fun, and I have set myself a target of doing 5 sessions a week.

You might have come to the conclusion by now that it is 'all or nothing' with me, and if so, you are absolutely right. I just hope I can stick to it, so a few reminders and pushing me along every now and again would be appreciated!! :)

Anyway, have had leftovers for tea and am now enjoying a nice cup of tea. Back to school 'properly' tomorrow, which will definitely be a shock to the system, especially since I was planning on doing loads of marking over half term but only got about half of it done. So a few late nights marking for me this week!

I haven't even started planning tomorrow's food. Might try one of the 'magic porridge' recipes people keep writing about, seeing as I have some oats in the cupboard. That would sort out breakfast, and then I would just need to think about tea.

Anyway, have a great evening everyone, I might curl up on the sofa for a bit and watch an episode of Dallas - another old favourite of mine! :D

That's good too!! And a male on a diet?! Unusual! My hubby said last wk he'd like to loose 2 stone by Christmas - a change in job has seen him loose 10lbs without really trying! But he still eats take away and chocolate like it's going out of fashion! Lol :-/ makes it hard for me - but he has suggested that every sat afternoon we plan on going for a walk together :) I have serious knee problems (as well a lazyness problems) but will b nice to do stuff together.

Hope u have a good evening! No school work! That's my Sunday night rule :) xx

My colleague is getting married next year, so I think he is starting to feel the pressure lol! He wants to lose about 3 stone, and is doing pretty well on it, it is great to have someone to talk progress with! :)

That sounds great, you and your husband trying to get out and do some walking together, as long as you don't overdo it with your knees!

xx

Well, that was the first day of teaching done and dusted for this term. Pretty successful day, apart from that I didn't manage to have any breakfast AGAIN, and also my scales are showing a loss of 1.5 - the other day I had a loss of 3 on the cards so I have gained again!! Aaaargh! Oh well, it must be all that muscle building up hahahaha!

Did my first day of Jillian's body shred, and OMG did I manage to work up a bit of a sweat in those 20 minutes! Some of the exercises I cannot do at all yet, such as the jumping jacks (with my 'assets' I'd knock myself out!!) so I did a modified version of them (walked with high knees while doing the arm movements) and also there is no way I can do a proper push up - yet!!

All in all I am very pleased with the DVD though, and I really think I will be able to stick to it - after all it is only 20 minutes a day. I'm thinking if I do that for 20 minutes each day, and then later this evening if I do another 20 minutes on my biggest loser game, which I want to do 5 times a week, then surely I will get that stone off by Christmas??? Please, let that be true anyway, as I cannot wait to see my family's faces when I get home! :)

Also, I want to show my boyfriend's Mum that I can do this; whenever we visit she always goes on about people she has bumped into and 'how fat they have gotten' while giving me little side looks, and it is starting to p*ss me off! She probably doesn't mean to be mean, and I am probably overly paranoid, but she is a bit of a funny one! I feel a bit guilty now, but I can't say anything to her, and obviously I can't say anything to my OH, so venting on here makes it better.

Must make another cup of tea now, and also I need to see if I can coax my cat Charlie off my favourite cardigan, which he seems to have made a bed out of this evening. Bless him. :)

I know what u mean about MILs - a couple of yrs ago my hubby (then bf) and I went out for a meal and while he was playing with our nephews, she turned to me to tell me how I'd let her son get fat! / don't get me wrong, we had both gained a pound or two, I was however by far much much bigger than him and his whole family!! I never metioned it to him tho!

Plus to make matters worse we don't see them often, the last time I saw them I have over 3.5 stone and they didn't vat an eyelid! No comments, nothing! I'm not expecting owt this Christmas/new year when we'll visit an hopefully I'll be at 6 stone losse!!! only 9.5 lbs to go to getthere...we will meet our targets by Christmas! Don't forget that!! We're all in this togeter!!! :) xx

well done on the nsv with the clothes, bet it made you feel fab:D

I have no inlaws, hubby is an orphen:eek: which definetly has its advantages:D

This is the perfect place to rant i find usually somebody will say something sensible about your rant:)

you'll sort your routine out now you are back in work, you will find what works best for you. wait till the kids start asking you for dietry advice:D

Feeling rather good now as I have done my 20 minutes on my biggest loser game as well. All this exercising malarkey will have me slim in no time! :)

Of course, sometimes I forget how much I have to lose - to get to my 10st target I need to lose over 8 stone *gulp* but I am so determined, and having made a good start I am confident.

And to be fair, the smallest I ever remember being as an adult was about 9 years ago when I weighed 13st 10lb, and back then I used to be able to sit on the sofa, pull my legs up and rest my chin on my knee. I was still a bit 'bulky' in places, but I don't remember feeling as uncomfortable as I am now. So chances are I might get to that sort of weight and decide that is enough. At the end of the day, I would rather be comfortable in my clothes than having to worry about a number on the scales.

I have clearly always been heavier than I looked anyway, as I just remembered a story from when I was about 14 years old. My Dad took me to the doctors, as I had tonsillitis. The doc decided to weigh me so he could find out what dosage of penicillin I would need, and I remember the scales showing exactly 60kg. The stupid man then proceeds to turn around to my Dad and say 'oh my, she is a lot heavier than she looks, isn't she??!!' What a prat. Especially as 60 kg is just over 9st!!! No wonder I started thinking there was something wrong with me!!

Honestly. Some men should not be allowed outside to mix with the general public.

Anyway, that was that off my chest, feel better now and am going to get ready for tomorrow (going to prepare some breakfast to take with me!!), have a great rest of your evening everyone! :)

Just come back from WI - lost 3.5 this week!!! Wooohooo!!!!!

How fabulous is that, and I feel like I have really gotten into a stride with this now - I don't have to plan so much anymore, it sort of feels much more natural!! :)

One step (or 3.5 pounds lol) closer to my target of a stone off for Christmas!!

Did my second day of the body shred DVD as well before WI, it was again very difficult, but my body is aching in all the right places today so it must be working! I am definitely thinking I will treat this more like a 50 day shred though, as it will take me that long to be able to do all the moves!! :)

Anyway, must make some tea now, been looking forward to my omelette all day, which has sort of turned into my routine on a Wednesday after WI.

Back later! :) xx

Back