From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

I have this horrible feeling that I have forgotten to do something, or that something is wrong.

You know the one, where you check your diary (or in my case, my phone) to see if you have any appointments, promised to meet a friend for lunch or any birthdays coming up. Nothing.

Checked my email, and yes, I definitely sent in my cover work to school, so that's sorted. What can it be? I hate that feeling, as I am always stressing about stuff like that, I hate letting people down!

Saying that, the last time I had that feeling it was because I had forgotten that I'd put some veggie sausages on and didn't realise until my fire alarm went off, so that time I let my stomach down haha!! :D

I HATE that feeling. I had it last week was in bed at bfs and an iron came on tv and I was like 'sh1t did i switch the iron off at home' so had to drive all the way home to check, and I had unplugged it. But I was soo worried. Hehe.

Thought of what it is yet? x

Oh no, I used to get that all the time - did I switch off the cooker etc? It got to the point where I would turn something off and then have to tell myself out loud that I'd done it, it sort of helped me remembering! Madness! :)

I did remember in the end - CharlieCat is going back to the vet today (he is due his booster, but he's still not right, keeps making funny choking noises every time he eats or tries to purr) and I had forgotten to ask my mate to give us a lift to the vet.

Last time he went I had to take a taxi, and they charge £3 extra for a cat in a box, robbing b******s, I mean what damage does my terrified cat in a box do?! All sorted now though, we got a lift and he is going up there for 4pm.

That'll also be my first time outside of the house since Wednesday, I'm quite looking forward to getting some fresh air! :)

Hope you are having a good day hun! xx

Voice is returning slowly but surely. It's still not perfect, and I am thinking if I rang someone they would think I was a man, but at least I can sort of speak! Hopefully it'll be fine by Monday so I can go back to school.

The morning so far has been a cosy one, first of all I managed to drag myself into the shower, which I had not had the energy to do since Tuesday (filthy, aren't I lol) so that made me feel better. Got proper clothes on as well rather than my PJs, which is a novel feeling. :)

Once I was suitably attired I decided to watch Scream 4 off Sky - I am a bit of a closet Scream fan, but even now that I have watched the last installment I cannot decide what I thought of it. It had it's moments, and it is great to see the original cast still getting involved, but (at the risk of sounding like a prude) why all the swearing all of a sudden? Trying to appeal to a younger audience, perhaps? I did jump on a couple of occasions, but of course these films are no longer what they used to be.

I've had some leftover rice for my lunch (breakfast did not happen today, felt awful first thing and could not face anything) and will make sure to have lots of fresh fruits again today to keep my vitamin intake up. CharlieCat is going back to vets at 4pm, so will think about tea after that.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :) xx

Right, have been to the vet's with Charlie, and they took some blood as he isn't right in himself. Good job he's insured, as without that this little trip would have cost £131! Should find out next week if anything comes back from his blood sample. Poor little thing wet himself on the way there, he was so petrified - and as they would not give him his booster as he's poorly, he'll have the pleasure of going up there again in a week or so! :(

Had a bit of a funny incident before going to the vet - the doorbell rang, and thinking it was my mate coming to pick us up, I went and opened it without checking through the peep hole, and of course it turned out to be a man with a clipboard trying to get money out of me. The funny thing was, that while I was trying to get rid of him, I thought he was looking at me a bit funny but could not work out why.

Not until I closed the door and looked at myself in my hall mirror did I get a bit of a shock - my favourite slobbing about at home top is now so big on me, the cleavage is hanging down REALLY low and basically while talking to the poor man at the door I was practically flashing him! Poor bloke will probably never recover!! :D

Leftovers again for tea, haven't got the energy to cook anything. All free foods, which will make up for me buying the wrong yogurt the other day and getting one which is like 30 syns for the carton (Activia pouring yogurt - in a massive carton to be fair)! :)

Yay, remembered/managed to have some breakfast this morning, and am currently enjoying a nice cup of tea. Been into town already as well for some supplies, so that's me done for the day. Still feel quite ropey to be honest, and am not sure if I will manage to go to school on Monday - I feel like I should give it a try, to show that I really want to be there, but then I know my boss will say 'are you sure you are ready to come back' etc etc.

Hopefully another day of rest (god I'm bored of resting now!!) will sort me out! :)

Haven't really planned any food for today (although I've been shopping) so I will just have to see what I fancy later.

Oooooops, the other day I had a funny feeling I had forgotten to do something - then I decided it must have been the fact that I had forgotten to ask my friend for a lift to the vets - well, I've just had a look in my school diary, and I had totally forgotten to set cover for one of my Year 9 classes!! I thought I had a Y10 class during that lesson, which is a class that I share with another teacher anyway, so I didn't bother setting them anything.

Oh dear!! To be fair, they are a lovely class, so they would have probably just carried on from where we left off last lesson, but still! I hope I'm not in too much trouble!! :(

I have just texted on of my colleagues asking if they know anything, with any luck the cover teacher would have just asked him what to do, rather than asking my boss - she is lovely most of the time but if she gets angry or irritated she is not so nice. If she finds out about this I am definitely in trouble! Ooooooooops......

OK, don't panic. It'll be fine. I've gained since Wednesday's WI. I knew having rice was a bad idea, as I just can't stop myself and end up eating for the sake of it - not to worry, I have several days to rectify this, I will just have to be extra sensible.

I have worked out that my scales are half a pound out from the 'official' ones, and at this moment in time my scales are showing a mahoooosive gain of 3lbs since WI. Is that even possible? Clearly it is.

Nevermind; I will fix this, I have 4 whole days until WI on Wednesday at 6pm - I WILL do it!!!

I was 18st 2 at the last WI, and I was hoping to get into the 17s this week. That'd be absolutely awesome, and it would keep me on target for my club 10 wish for the end of November.

Here's to feeling better and having a good loss despite a bad start to the week!! :D

Don't forget the time of day makes a big difference!!! I am not kidding. I can weigh myself before bed and have lost 3 lbs by the morning - and it's not through bedroom action LOL - good job my hubby doens't read this LOL.

And if i get on the scales at 3 different times of the day i get 3 different readings! Sometimes the difference can be 7lbs!!! Thats a lot of food and drink to be holding! LOL

You will be fine, and if you do not loose what you want to loose remember you have been ill, i only lost 0.5 lbs the week i was ill, and it was because i didn't eat enough! I just wasn't hungry tho! xx

Don't forget the time of day makes a big difference!!! I am not kidding. I can weigh myself before bed and have lost 3 lbs by the morning - and it's not through bedroom action LOL - good job my hubby doens't read this LOL.

And if i get on the scales at 3 different times of the day i get 3 different readings! Sometimes the difference can be 7lbs!!! Thats a lot of food and drink to be holding! LOL

You will be fine, and if you do not loose what you want to loose remember you have been ill, i only lost 0.5 lbs the week i was ill, and it was because i didn't eat enough! I just wasn't hungry tho! xx

Ah, good point! I normally weigh myself in the mornings, so I will check tomorrow to get a better idea. I know I shouldn't weigh at all, but I can't help myself lol!

Thanks for the encouragement, I have been feeling pretty rotten over the past few days and now seeing this gain was NOT what I needed! But I will be fine, I know I will! :)

Have a great evening hun, xx

step away from the scales:eek:

they mess with your head why won't anybody believe me:cry::8855::8855:

remember you thought you had gained last week and you hadn't.

hope your throat is better, and when you go back your boss is sympathetic.
Its much better to stay off and get fully better than to go back in to early

xx

step away from the scales:eek:

they mess with your head why won't anybody believe me:cry::8855::8855:

remember you thought you had gained last week and you hadn't.

hope your throat is better, and when you go back your boss is sympathetic.
Its much better to stay off and get fully better than to go back in to early

xx

You are absolutely right Mandy, and from today I have set myself a mini challenge - to NOT step onto the scales!! I did have a sneaky peek this morning (I cannot tell a lie) and they are still up compared to Wednesday, but hey, I'm sure that will sort itself out by next WI.

Thanks for the good advice, I do get carried away! :D

Throat is still not much better, and I am seriously debating not going in tomorrow - I have a full 5 lessons tomorrow and am worried I will do more damage to myself if I go in. I have decided to give myself until about 2pm and if I don't feel better then I'll have to bite the bullet and let school know - you are absolutely right, it's more important to recover fully, and that is always the advice I give others, how come I can't follow it myself??!! :)

Have a great day, xx

hey just wondered how you were feeling now.
I so admire you standing up infront of a group of teenagers. some days i struggle to control one :rolleyes::rolleyes: :D:D

hope your feeling better xx

Hi hun, I'm feeling better thanks, but my voice is still really hoarse and to be honest I still haven't decided whether to go back tomorrow.

Aww bless you, I love my job, teaching is all I've ever wanted to do, but I sort of took the scenic route there and had lots of other jobs before I plucked up the courage and started my teacher training a few years ago.

I love working with teenagers, they keep you on your toes, and even before doing my teacher training I worked in a secondary school for a few years as a mentor, so I definitely knew that was the age group I wanted to work with - I could not cope with the little ones in primary school, they seem like such hard work! :D

Hope you have had a great weekend, xx

For once in my life I've decided to be sensible rather than keen and have had to decide to stay home again. My voice is still very croaky and I am so worried I will damage it more if I go in.

Even my OH said last night I should stay home, and to be fair he does not cope well at all when I am ill. I used to think he was just one of those men who has no sympathy, you know the type, what do you call them again, oh I know - p****s, but then he admitted that whenever I'm ill he feels lost, as I am usually the happy and cheerful one out of us, so when I'm down and out, he doesn't know how to cope with the situation. I tried explaining to him that all he needs to do is bring me a cup of tea and give me a cuddle and I'll feel better, but he still doesn't cope.

I am a very independent person, to be fair, I have always sorted myself out, and when I am well I get annoyed if he tries to do stuff for me (I've always been one of those annoying 'I can do it better myself' types), so I guess I should not expect him to know that when I'm unwell I WANT him to do stuff for me! :D

I have a sneaky suspicion I'm not making any sense at the moment so I have told myself to step away from the computer and go back to bed. See you lovely people later, have a great day!! :) xx

Just wanted to report that I've hidden my scales!! :party0049:

Obviously even I can see that there is a bit of a fault in my brilliant plan, but I will get my OH to hide them properly once he gets up. And I promise not to turn the house upside down looking for them when he goes to work this afternoon! :innocent0002:

I didn't even step on them this morning, so for all I know I am still showing a gain but to be honest, the way I have been feeling for the past few days I am just happy to be feeling better! :)

Yay! :D

:mad: :rant2: :argh: :banghead: :flamingmad:

That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling at the moment - I popped to the shops for some supplies, as I know the next couple of days will be late ones (with all the school I've missed lately), and on my way back I had the absolute misfortune to run into a pack (or whatever the group name for these idiots is) of yobs hanging around on my street corner.

As soon as they spotted me, the abuse started. 'Oh, isn't she FAT', 'I bet all she's got in those bags is FOOD to eat so she gets even more FAT' etc etc etc. I live on a very quiet street so I could hear them a good 100 metres even after I had passed them.

Of course, in my mind, I battered them all with my baked beans tins, shoved my mushrooms up their nostrils and rubbed my chillies in their eyes, but my sensible side realised that retaliating would a) cause more abuse and give them satisfaction, and more importantly b) I would go without dinner if I wasted my food on them.

:argh: what gives these idiots the right to be like that?! Had I been braver I would have shouted back that yes, I am fat, but I am losing weight, therefore soon I won't be anymore, but what will they do with their pig ugly faces?? But that would be childish. :sign0151:

Get a life, losers.

:mad: :rant2: :argh: :banghead: :flamingmad:

That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling at the moment - I popped to the shops for some supplies, as I know the next couple of days will be late ones (with all the school I've missed lately), and on my way back I had the absolute misfortune to run into a pack (or whatever the group name for these idiots is) of yobs hanging around on my street corner.

As soon as they spotted me, the abuse started. 'Oh, isn't she FAT', 'I bet all she's got in those bags is FOOD to eat so she gets even more FAT' etc etc etc. I live on a very quiet street so I could hear them a good 100 metres even after I had passed them.

Of course, in my mind, I battered them all with my baked beans tins, shoved my mushrooms up their nostrils and rubbed my chillies in their eyes, but my sensible side realised that retaliating would a) cause more abuse and give them satisfaction, and more importantly b) I would go without dinner if I wasted my food on them.

:argh: what gives these idiots the right to be like that?! Had I been braver I would have shouted back that yes, I am fat, but I am losing weight, therefore soon I won't be anymore, but what will they do with their pig ugly faces?? But that would be childish. :sign0151:

Get a life, losers.

I have never understood what makes them think they have the right to be so judgemental :mad:

Its a normal occurance at times, like you i tend to argue back in my head and try telling myself to ignore them , but boy does it hurt:sigh:

if this is all they can find to do in there sad little lives then i feel sorry for them .

I know i am better than them and so are you

:bighug:

glad your feeling a bit better today and well done for hiding those scales:D

( i sneaky peeked at mine fully dressed on return from the gym this morning and they showed a 4 lb gain:eek:)

I have never understood what makes them think they have the right to be so judgemental :mad:

Its a normal occurance at times, like you i tend to argue back in my head and try telling myself to ignore them , but boy does it hurt:sigh:

if this is all they can find to do in there sad little lives then i feel sorry for them .

I know i am better than them and so are you

:bighug:

glad your feeling a bit better today and well done for hiding those scales:D

( i sneaky peeked at mine fully dressed on return from the gym this morning and they showed a 4 lb gain:eek:)

Thanks sweetie, I must admit when I first got through the door I had a little cry over what they had said, but to be honest the tears turned to ANGER pretty quickly - bl**dy simpletons, who are they to judge??!!

Anyway, after ranting on here I now feel better! :D

Well done on your gym goings, by the way, you are hooked now aren't you?! I still haven't been but as soon as I am fighting fit to exercise I am heading over - if nothing then to show those losers from before what I can do!! :D

Have a great day, and thanks for the kind words. xxxxxxxx

Back