From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

Aww bless you. Don't worry about being whiney we're all like it when we're ill. And poor you, go to the docs, get some soup then crash out and relax :) xx

Wow, freaky, looks like we were writing on each other's diaries at the same time lol!!

Thanks hun, I am counting the minutes until I've been to WI and doctors and then straight to bed. :)

Went to the WI this morning, and.....(drumroll).....lost 2.5!! Got my 1 1/2 stone shiny!! :)

Only 6lb to go for my 2 stone and club 10 as well, bring it on!!

Also went to doctors and have laryngitis so no wonder I have no voice. Penicillin and strict instructions to rest my voice for the rest of the week so am just about to write my cover lessons.

No matter how ill I might be feeling has not taken away the lovely warm glow of knowing I have lost another 2.5 though, I am soooooo happy about that! Woop woop!! :D :D :D

Ahh well done. That's brilliant! :D Really pleased for you :) How do you feel? Are you have the rest of the week off? x

Thanks hun, I really needed that loss to cheer me up! :)

I'm actually not feeling as bad as I sound, my voice is barely there, and when I was at the doctor and told her that I am a teacher she smiled and said 'not for the rest of the week you're not, you need to REST', so that is exactly what I am going to do.

Just in the process of writing my cover lessons to send in, then I am concentrating on the doc's advice and RESTING!

Have just managed to eat a bit as well, it's weird, my throat isn't really sore, it's just really thick, if that makes sense, and I sound like I am about to croak. Luckily I'm not though! :D

Did my measurements just now, and wahey, I've lost 3 inches - one off bust (under my bust), one off waist and one off hips. Feel brilliant now, as I haven't felt different at all in the last week or so, I mean I KNOW the scales are shifting, and I know that I have had to buy smaller clothes, but for the last couple of weeks I haven't felt any different.

On my umpteenth cup of tea today, decided to try Alpro light soya milk, as you can have more of that as a HEXA (compared to skimmed milk) and as I'll be home for a couple of days I know I will be drinking lots of tea, and I tell you, it's not bad! I don't know what it would be like on its own (haven't been brave enough to taste it) but in a cup of tea it tastes nice - and if my research is correct I can have 500ml as HEXA, which is loads! :)

OH called me from work just now to see how I was feeling and he could barely understand me, my voice is so bad. Apparently my laugh sounds 'dirty' now though, which he found amusing! :D

Woo hoo for the loss and shiney!!! :) congrats xx

Well done on your fantastic progress!

And sorry to hear you're unwell :(

I'm like you, I get so impatient when I'm ill, I just want to be out and about doing stuff. I hope you feel well enough soon to go out and go for a little walk or something, so you don't get cabin fever. Drink lots of hot water with lemon in it too - that works really well. You can add sweetener (or honey, but obviously that's a bit harder on SW - you'd have to syn it?) to make it nicer too :)

Get well soon! xxx

HI :) Just read through your diary, well done on your weight loss :) you have inspired me to stay 100% this week, got my second weigh in on monday after a 5lb loss last week, i know im not going to get that kind of loss again :/
hope you feel better soon xx

Hi hun, and well done on your weight loss too, that is a fab loss in your first week! :)

The way I look at it is that as long as I'm losing, I don't care how fast/slow it goes - it is all in the right direction at least! I have been putting on weight at the rate of knots over the past couple of years so at least I am not putting on any more!

Of course it would be lovely to lose half a stone each week, but then I don't think I would enjoy my journey as much, as no doubt I would be STARVING myself to get that kind of result, and hey, I love my food too much, which is why SW suits me - I get to eat proper food!! :D

Good luck for your WI hun, I am sure you will be fine! :) xx

Well done on your fantastic progress!

And sorry to hear you're unwell :(

I'm like you, I get so impatient when I'm ill, I just want to be out and about doing stuff. I hope you feel well enough soon to go out and go for a little walk or something, so you don't get cabin fever. Drink lots of hot water with lemon in it too - that works really well. You can add sweetener (or honey, but obviously that's a bit harder on SW - you'd have to syn it?) to make it nicer too :)

Get well soon! xxx

Thanks hun, I am feeling a little better, but my voice is still practically non-existent. Another day of rest, which is painful in itself, as I have realised how much I actually talk in a day. Having to be silent is practically killing me!! :D

Thank god for MiniMins so I can come on and rant at least!! :)

Hot lemon with water sounds good, will have to try it, thanks for the tip - will definitely be adding sweetener to it though! ;)

My old music teacher used to tell us the remedy for a sore throat - though I never tried it. Milk, brandy and honey - warmed up. Apparently does the trick... :S Doesn't take me fancy though...

Hope your having a relaxing day. I'm bored at work. Humppph :(

x

Hmm...not so sure about the milk, brandy and honey either....although at least if I got drunk I might forget to feel sorry for myself lol!! :D

Talking of being bored, I even watched a Danielle Steele film this afternoon, that's how bad things got - the saddest thing of all is that I intended to have a nap to it but got into the plot and was glued! :D

OMG, does anyone remember about 2 weeks ago I bought a dress in a size 20, thinking I would not even be able to get a leg into it, managed to wriggle in it after all but could not breathe?

Well, trying to create some entertainment for myself I decided to try it on, and bloody hell it sits better on me already! I mean, there's no way I'd leave the house wearing it, but at least I didn't have to hold my breath and check the side seams!! :woohoo:

Feel so much better all of a sudden haha! Also, I cracked and made some rice earlier - I am trying to avoid rice and pasta, as they to me are such comfort foods and I end up eating faaaaaar too much of the stuff, leaving myself bloated and all sorts - but as I rally fancied some (and I AM ill) I decided to allow myself some, and would you believe it, I ate 3/4 of a bowl, decided I was full and put the rest away??!! What has happened to me, has a sensible person suddenly taken over my body??!! :giggle:

That's really good. :)

And the dress.. :happy036::happy036: Brilliant. I bet your feeling soo soo pleased. :)

We are allowed rice in the plan. So you can treat yourself. :) xx

I'm all like :party0011: at the minute! :D

The only reason I try and avoid rice is because every time I have it, I eat so much I always end up feeling bloated and ill - I've never been able to control my portion sizes to start with, and with rice or pasta I'm a complete nightmare lol!

Then again, MAYBE I'm turning a corner, and realising I only have to eat until I'm full, and in that case I can start working things like that back into my diet slowly slowly. :cross:

xx

Back