From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

Guess what everyone? I'm back on the bloody antibiotics. Throat has just not recovered fully and I have a really annoying cough (a little lingering chest infection, apparently).

In a weird kind of way I am actually a bit pleased to be back on the tablets, as next week I am going out on four separate occasions, which I have been worrying myself silly about - as you know I like my drink, and once I start I can't seem to stop! :angeldevil:

And I don't think the scales would be so forgiving to let me have another few binge sessions and not punish me! :)

So at least being on tablets I can still go out and have an excuse not to drink. I know I am being silly, but as everyone I know knows just how much I love a drink there's no way I'd be allowed to sit at any of the upcoming Christmas parties without a cider firmly pushed into my hand. At least if I tell people I am on tablets then they will leave me alone and I won't have to offend anyone by turning down a drink! :D

I totally understand this...until i joined SW i was the one getting the drinks in, buying extra rounds of shots and being a dick when it came to drinking. U would make myself loose days (well weekends) and i was trying to stop it...so when i joined SW and went out i gained...i hated it...So i have basically given up! I only have the odd one and u know what...I am crazy enough as a person without a drink, I dont even miss it now and love saving £15 (minimum) in a taxi home! xx

hope the anti'bs do there job this time and clear up your chest and throat.
next week sounds really busy, but i am sure it will be fun.
I have a couple of things next week it is the teens 18th b/d :cry: we are going out for a meal and also my neice is 18 on tuesday so we are going to all meet up on sat to celebrate both :eek::eek::eek:.
I fear drinks might be involved :D:D

I really recognise the drinks thing. I used to drink quite a lot at occasions, but now I think of ways to avoid it. I need excuses though or my friends won't let me get away with it!

This Saturday, im going to a dinner party about 15 miles away. I know someone else from near where I live who's going and I could ask for a lift - but I'd rather drive, just so I have an excuse not to drink. Awful, right?

Check out my new shiny on my signature everyone!!! Just had a text from my C saying I got Slimmer of the Month for November!! It might as well be an Oscar, I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D

Woohoo!!

Just cooking a lovely tea of SW chips, eggs and beans, soooo hungry as I didn't get a chance to have lunch as I ended up chaperoning at a lunchtime concert at school - I work at a performing arts school, which I LOVE as I always wanted to go to the school in Fame when I was a kid - there's always something going on and every day is really exciting!! :)

Will be back later with more ramblings! xxxx

Woohoo for slimmer of the month!!!! Xx

:thankyou:

Gosh, I'm still stuffed. Made far too many chips and of course I had to eat them all - but then again I did not have any lunch, so I don't actually feel too guilty at all! :)

Had a funny little NSV earlier, both my cats were snoring/purring in unison, one on the coffee table and one on the sofa armrest next to me, making me all sleepy listening to them. I ended up laying down on the sofa, and when I did so I realised how much extra room I have between myself and the edge of the sofa (if you know what I mean) and could comfortably rest the remote control and my arm in the gap! In the summer when I laid down in the same position, the remote control would fall onto the floor if I tried to balance it on the gap between my tummy and the edge of the cushion! :D

I hope that made some sort of sense, I'm happy anyway!! :)

Hope you are all having a fab evening, xxxx

That is really great news Emz, Congrats :D

Ooh I love those little things when you realise how much you have lost. Nice warm, happy feelings. :D

Completely forgot to do an update yesterday!! Had a lovely day, didn't do much, popped into town in the morning as I wanted to look at party dresses - I've got the work Christmas do on Friday and I fancied treating myself to something, but didn't find anything special. Typical. On a positive note though I tried on one dress in 22 and it was miles too big for me and even the size 20 felt loose. I decided against it in the end though as it was far too short, and my legs are just not up for that yet! :D

When I got home I suddenly remembered that I have a gorgeous Monsoon dress hanging in the wardrobe, it's my favourite dress ever but hasn't fitted me in ages - it now fits perfectly!! Christmas party outfit sorted!! :party0011:

In other news I've been very domestic goddess like today; got up early and cleaned the bathroom, did two loads of washing, all the ironing and then I had to get my sewing kit out as the hem of my work trousers had come undone, so I am feeling rather proud of myself now! :)

Food wise the weekend has been fine as well, I made a big pot of vegetable soup yesterday which I finished today and I have snacked on lots of fruit.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! xxxx

OK, don't panic. It'll be fine. Had such a good weekend, no drinking at all (since I'm on antibiotics) and then yesterday I went to London to meet with friends who I haven't seen for ages. Of course, one thing led to another and I ended up drinking. 4 pints of cider nonetheless!!!! Grrrrr, how stupid of me, seeing as I am on tablets and everything. Also, up until that point I was on target to get my Club 10 tomorrow but now I don't think I'll get it. Stupid willpower, letting me down like that!

To be fair, we also had dinner while we were out and while everyone was busy munching on their mahooosive portions of fish and chips I had a seafood salad. So I guess I redeemed myself a little there.

Have only just got home, had a Year 10 parents evening tonight, and another one tomorrow, meaning I have to go straight from school to WI. Fingers crossed!!!

might be ok you know, cos it might not have time to catch up with you :D

could be making this up but i am sure i once read somewhere that calories take a few days to hit your hips :D

I will keep my fingers crossed x

I am going with teen tomorrow to leeds uni to have a look round he has a couple of lecture things and I have some parents sessions to attend. My dad is taking us so he will stop me going of the rails (hopefully) cos lunch is included and you know its not going to be SW friendly:eek:

enjoy parents evening :D

OMG!!!!!!! I lost 5.5 again this week!! :D

I'm clearly on a roll, that's 11lbs in two weeks! Sorry I know I am bragging, but I cannot help it, I am over the moon! This means I got two new shiny stickers - my 2 stone award and my Club 10!!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss:

Woooohoooo!!!!! :D :D :D

Hope everyone is good, and that you are having a fab day by the way!! :)

Woooooo hooooooo :)
I'm soooooo pleased for u!!!! :) hehe I may have gone over with the 'ooooo' there!! And I would underline them if a child at work did it hehe

Well done, yr def on a roll! Keep it up xx

Thank you ladies!! :)

Had a really good evening last night; I went out for a meal with friends from my old school, and it was super nice to be catching up. I worked at that school for 4 years but could then not get a permanent teaching post there (or shall I say, some other woman pipped me to the post but now she's turning out to be not liked at all hahahaha, sorry, my evil streak is showing now!). It was really nice to see everyone again though and to catch up. I was even good and had a prawn salad, which was lovely, but I have been up since 5am with an upset tummy so maybe it wasn't so good after all!

Got the work Christmas party tonight, which means I have to run into to town after work and get some last minute bits, jump in the shower and get ready and then another night out. At this moment in time that sounds like lots of hard work, but I know by this afternoon I will be up for it and I am looking forward to it.

I'm planning a flexi day today as I am eating out, the other meals out this week have been fine as I have stuck to salads, but tonights had to be ordered in advance and it is all rich Christmas foods so I'm having a night off and going for it!! I've only got one more WI before Christmas anyway, as I've booked 2 weeks holiday to go and see my family so even a half pound loss will be good just before Christmas! No way will I see the results I have seen over the past two weeks anyway!

Have a great day everyone, I will try and pop back before I go out tonight!! :) xxx

Back