From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

MissClumsy said:
Miracles do happen, right? That's what I need this week! :D

Fair enough, I did get to the gym Saturday morning before we jumped on the train to Birmingham - now THAT'S dedication, right? :). And during the day we did walk around for miles, and of course at the gig I jumped about a fair bit, but I did drink LOADS. I really can drink for England, and on Saturday evening alone I must have had a whole weeks worth of syns lol!

I've also been to the gym tonight, and I increased my weights and my treadmill, which felt good. Oh, and I rowed 2000m for my warm-up; usually I only do a 1000.

Today I wore my new work trousers - a size 18 pair. They are a stretchy material, so I am under NO illusions, however they make a nice change from the size 26-28 trousers I wore in September. So even if my losses seem to have been slower lately, I'm clearly toning up and to be honest, that is all I care about!! :)

Hope you have all had a lovely day, xxx

Ooh well done, that's a big difference!

Snakes and ladders said:
Ooh well done, that's a big difference!

Thank you! :). Xx

bexyboo said:
Ooo that's fab on the trousers fronts :) xx

Thank you!! :). Xx

OMG, I've done something to my ankle, it is SO sore!! It's the front of the ankle, where the leg and foot meet, if that makes any sense, and it started hurting this afternoon (was totally fine this morning btw) and now it's throbbing so badly even keeping it on the coffee table hurts!!

I've done some googling and it would appear it might be related to my latest treadmill antics; I might have had the incline too steep for too long, but I really hope I've just banged it or something (my screen name ain't Miss Clumsy for nothing, you know!!) and I seriously hope I'll be back to normal tomorrow as I cannot deal with this pain!! :(

I wanted to get to the gym tomorrow before WI as well, as I was so naughty this weekend, but I can't even walk on this. Having some painkillers now and hope that will cure it!!

Hope you have all had a great day, and that you are all pain free!! Xxx

Ankle still sore!! But on a scale of 1-10 in terms of pain I'm only a 3 today, whereas last night I was a 9, so definitely an improvement! :)

Parents evenings at school for the last two nights, and with my dodgy ankle I've had both nights off the gym. I never thought I'd say this, but I cant wait to go back!!

Just come home from WI, and very pleased to report that I lost 1.5lbs this week. I think it's my saving grace that it's *week though, as I am one of those medical miracles who always lose loads at this time, so without I'd probably have gained! But I'll take it, as a loss is a loss!! :D

Going to enjoy a cup of tea and some food now, have a great evening everyone!! :). Xxx

Well Done on the fab weight loss. :)

Hope your ankle is better tonight. And parents evening, doesn't seem like that long ago you had one!

xx

I know, we seem to have parents evenings all the time lol! Each year group's parents evening is done over two nights, we have to do it that way as we have such high uptake, our parents are very involved, which is good! But it does mean we have 10 of them overall per year, that's LOADS!!

Ankle is better as well thanks, I have it wrapped up in a heat thingy and it is almost back to normal, I'm thinking I might brave the gym tomorrow, as long as I am sensible! :)

Hope you have had a great day hun, xxx

broadsbean said:
hope your foot is better, if its too painful for the gym how about doing some walking in the water, thats what i did when i hurt my tendon :D

well done on your loss :D:D:D

Yeah, or does your gym have one of those exercise bikes whose pedals you move with your arms while sitting down? I think they're designed for people with broken legs or something. It'd be perfect as you get a really hard workout without moving your ankle at all!

Thanks ladies, excellent ideas!!

I did decide to have another day off though, ankle does feel back to normal today but I have only eaten 2 apples all day so in the end the lure of food got in the way of exercise!! :D

Making SW chips as we speak, and those will be devoured with eggs. Mmmmmm, mouth is watering at the thought!

Definitely going to go back to the gym tomorrow morning though and I have already devised a plan for my exercise - my old knee injury which I sustained playing football years ago is finally proving useful, as a year of physio taught me a thing or two lol!! :)

Hope you all have a lovely evening, xxx

Ankle is better and I managed to get to the gym this morning!! :)

Took it easy though and didn't push too hard, concentrated mainly on my upper body etc. felt so good to be back though, I really enjoyed the work out.

I was going to treat myself to some wine today, but now that I'm home I don't know whether to leave it for tomorrow instead. I do love a drink on a Sunday! :)

Anyway, I've just had a lovely tuna salad for my lunch, so I will sit down and contemplate this dilemma for a bit - to drink or not to drink, that is my question!

Have a great day everyone, xxx

Just a quick note before I toddle off to bed - I did settle down for some wine in the end, but I have only had three glasses (which is nothing for me really) so I'm still rather pleased with myself. Plus I made sure to do 100 sit-ups before I started drinking so I feel like I earned it! :)

I also tried on my lovely Race for Life t shirt, which arrived in the post during the week, I ordered it in a size 18 and I'm not gonna say it fits or anything, as I look like a stuffed sausage in it, but at least I can get it on!!! While wearing it I also noticed for the first time that my arms are lots slimmer now, which must be down to all the weights I do at the gym. :)

I have three whole months before the actual race, so at least knowing I can already squeeze into the top now makes me confident it'll fit on the day.

Anyway, early-ish start tomorrow as I'm going out for breakfast with a friend (which has totally scuppered my plans of going to the gym tomorrow morning unless I can put her off an extra half hour lol) so I'm off for some beauty sleep now.

Hope you have all had a lovely day! Xxx

the answer to the question to drink or not to drink is always to drink :D:D:D:D:D

hope you enjoyed it :D

i have a small think for cask matured whiskey at the moment :eek:
never been a whiskey drinker :confused:
but used some of hubby's when a had my cold last week it was a trifle too nice :D:D

sleep well and enjoy your breakfast tomorrow xxx

It's been a rather strange day. I met a friend of mine for breakfast this morning, this girl and I used to be very, very close but then we sort of drifted, nothing major but you know, life got in the way of always meeting up. We've always stayed in touch and I love her to bits but haven't seen her in a while. Anyway, we finally managed to synchronise our schedules and meet up. And she tells me she has cancer. She was diagnosed last week. I really feel so bad now, that I've let work and other cr*p get in the way, that I haven't been there for her. She must have been so scared, going through all the tests and stuff.

As a consequence I've now drunk a load of wine - nothing a good old session down they gym can't get rid of tomorrow, but enough to numb the feeling of guilt a little. I mean, how can someone (me) get so consumed with work and other stuff that they forget to check up on their nearest and dearest? I just don't know what to do for her.

Anyway, I might have an early night before I drink even more - or even worse, raid the fridge for cheese.

Xxx

oh emz, how awful xx:bighug:

life gets in the way for all off us and true friendship can be left to drift and picked up as if it was just yesterday.
It is also a two way street honey, where both parties need to work on it.

put the past behind you and be there for your friend now

don't beat your self up, you are a lovely person with a busy life and the chances are so is she xxx

more hugs cos sounds like you need them xxxxx:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

broadsbean said:
oh emz, how awful xx:bighug:

life gets in the way for all off us and true friendship can be left to drift and picked up as if it was just yesterday.
It is also a two way street honey, where both parties need to work on it.

put the past behind you and be there for your friend now

don't beat your self up, you are a lovely person with a busy life and the chances are so is she xxx

more hugs cos sounds like you need them xxxxx:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thanks Hun, funnily enough my friend and I had that exact conversation during our breakfast, how we have both been neglecting each other but that we are such good friends that we can literally pick up whenever as if it has only been a few hours since we last spoke! That is true friendship in my book!

I guess I was just in shock yesterday, I mean I have had family and friends who have been unwell, but I have never had anyone close to me be diagnosed with cancer. I must have had a pretty sheltered life now that I think about it!

Anyway, I am over the shock of it now and am now busy drawing up a battle plan on how to best help my friend. She has 2 kids so that's the number one priority, making sure they are ok, if she is worrying about them as well as herself then she'll never get better!

I'll stop rambling now, hope you have had a great day Hun. Xxx

Back