From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

Hope all is well and the stresses of the end of the year r not too much for u xx

Its very quite in here, hope your ok xxx

do you have lots of lovely plans for the summer holidays :D must be almost time to break up xxx

Hello, I'm back! Not that I ever really left (the SW plan anyway, just haven't had the energy/time to update on here anyway...that must change, as confessing all my syns to you lovely lot keeps me going! :)

I say I didn't leave the SW plan...I didn't, I just took a detour and deviated a little for a few weeks. The last weeks of term were completely mental and I didn't even stop for breath; we are starting to teach a new course at my school in september so the weeks before breaking up we're filled with training courses, planning meetings, etc etc etc. I didn't even make it to WI for about 3 weeks as I was so busy, which I was most annoyed about!!!!

When I did return I was even more annoyed to find a 4 lbs gain, due to stress eating and drinking far too much. I'm now back on track, in fact I've been to the gym every day since starting summer holidays and am feeling a massive difference in my muscle tone already. I also lost 2 lbs last week, so I do feel like I'm getting back to it. Still hankering for my 3 st shiny, which I was soooo close to at one point, but now it feels far away. I will get there soon though!!

Going to a wedding tonight, which if I'm honest I'm not looking forward to at all. I mean, I want to be there for the happy couple of course, and I do have a lovely new top to wear (per una stuff fits me now!!!) and a skirt which hasn't fitted me in at least 9 years, but I'm worried about the temptations once there. You know how I like my drink, and one leads to 20 which then leads to a flapping fridge door when I get home....

Oh well, I'll try and be strong. Must get ready now, will report back tomorrow!!! :).

Hey fellow teacher!!

Hope the wedding went well and yr summer holidays aren't escaping u too fast (like they are me!!)

I'm back too after a detour with a new diary too!! Xxx

Hello!! Once Again several days have gone without updating, tut tut!

Anyway, ive kept busy by going to the gym every day, I was very naughty over the weekend with the amount of cider I consumed (the wedding Friday kind of spilled into drinking both Saturday and Sunday as well, not good!!)

Had WI today, and was very please to lose 1.5 though, so going to the gym is clearly my saving grace! :)

Add that to my 2lbs loss last week and I really am starting to feel back on track, which is a nice feeling compared to facing gains!

Have been grazing all day today, mainly on good stuff like fruit, but a few nuts and a bit of cheese also found its way into my mouth! Then again, not only did I do 1 hour in the gym this morning, I also did another hour at home this afternoon - I did 45 minutes on my exercise bike and then my weights for my arms, so im quite pleased with that.

Hope you are all well, xxxx

Cai said:
Hey fellow teacher!!

Hope the wedding went well and yr summer holidays aren't escaping u too fast (like they are me!!)

I'm back too after a detour with a new diary too!! Xxx

Hello Hun, summer hols have been fab so far, I'm going away to see family for 10 days soon, which always leaves me super relaxed so cannot wait for that!!

New diary, as in brand new title, what have you called it so I can find you? Xxx

MissClumsy said:
Hello Hun, summer hols have been fab so far, I'm going away to see family for 10 days soon, which always leaves me super relaxed so cannot wait for that!!

New diary, as in brand new title, what have you called it so I can find you? Xxx

'14-21 lbs to go ... sW diary to get me back to where I was'

The title explains it all I think lol.

Yes new diary, but more relaxed approach and it's not a race attitude. Slow and steady! :) that's me now. Like my mother pointed out, if I've lost 6 stone and only have 1 left till I'm happy that's success!! ;-)

I really wish I was going away but I'm not :-( day trip to Blackpool on Saturday tho lol xxx

Ok, I'm here for a moan and a whine so I apologise in advance!

Day started badly when I woke up and realised OH had moved to the spare room. I suffer really badly with hay fever and as a result I sniffle, snore and sneeze through the night, and I totally understand his need to move (more often than not its me who has to move as he can snore like a foghorn) but I still end up feeling really bad whenever he has had to move. Not a great start to the day!

Anyway, so I go down to the gym to blow off some steam, and when I get there I realise I haven't done any running for a while as I have been concentrating on the resistance stuff and also on the bikes (my thighs are shaping up nicely, thank you! :) )

So I do my warm up, then get on a treadmill, and THAT'S when one of the personal trainers comes over for a "friendly" chat. He basically proceeds to tell me the treadmill will do nothing for me, as it is a 'heart and lung' trainer, that I will STAY FAT if I only use the treadmill, that I need to mix up my training more, and that the treadmill is only a 'feel good' option as it makes people think they have done well by running for a bit.

I was planning on staying on for 30 minutes, but after his little speech I could only face 10 minutes and then I went home. Now I feel so down, how dare he, a complete stranger talk to me like that? I felt like a berated little girl. His point was, that I should book a £20 session with him so he can put together a program for me, which to be honest I have been thinking about, but he can FORGET that now!!!

To top it off I've now got a really bad headache and feel like eating everything in sight, so I might just go back to bed for a bit.

Sorry about the rant, hope everyone is having a better day than me!!

If I were u I would complain to the gym and maybe try would give u a free session with a trainer lol ;-)

Chin up, and try not to let it get to u!

Of u want to run then u should run!!

Run forrest run!!!! :-D xxxx

broadsbean said:
:eek::eek: cheeky so and so :eek::eek: bet he thinks he gave good advice !!!!!!!!!!!!

its good to see you back xxx and doing so well xxxxx

Thanks Hun, thing is, he is right, but he didn't even bother finding out if this is what I do every day, he just assumed I only go on the treadmill, and that's what annoyed me so much, as I really think I get a balanced workout!! I watch biggest loser every day for heavens sake!! :)

Will catch up on your diary properly later, I saw you had a good loss this week, well done!!! Xxxx

Cai said:
If I were u I would complain to the gym and maybe try would give u a free session with a trainer lol ;-)

Chin up, and try not to let it get to u!

Of u want to run then u should run!!

Run forrest run!!!! :-D xxxx

Thanks, I will go back and do a proper run tomorrow, dammit!! :)

I just felt really low after his talking down to me, I even went back to bed for a couple of hours when I got home and cried myself to sleep, how pathetic am I?? :)

They do free sessions there anyway, and I had been thinking about booking one of them as well (as well as getting the program done), but right now I feel like I don't want to interact with any of them to be honest. Can't be bothered to complain either, as to be fair he is right, it was just the way he spoke to me I didn't like!! :)

Hope you have had a great day Hun, xxx

Right, another day, and the sun is shining!!

Went shopping with my lovely neighbour this morning, and then I went to the gym. Had a good session, got proper sweaty and no trainers in sight to hassle me, thank god! :)

After the gym I popped to town, and bought myself a set of Davina McCall kettle bells. Just carrying the ******* home almost killed me, and that was with two of them in my backpack!! As far as I can work out, I think they weigh roughly the amount I have lost, and feeling the way they made my knees and back hurt, I can only imagine how relieved my body must be of this weight loss. So what if I've had a couple of blips along the way, and so what I haven't lost it as quickly as I would have wanted, I have still lost almost 3 stone in almost a year and I HAVE KEPT IT OFF, which is a huge achievement in itself!! :). Here's to the next 3!!! :) :) :)

Now I'm all showered, dressed and feeling good. Waiting for OH to get up (oh, it turns out he moved to spare room as he had a spring poking into him from our old mattress, bless him, so last night we both slept in the spare room and pretended we were on holiday in a posh hotel, god I love my spare room it's so much nicer than our main room lol), once he gets up we're off to visit his mum for a couple of hours before he goes off to work this evening.

Hope everyone is having a fab day!! :)

3 stone :) well done you and like u said, keeping it off too is an achievement xxx

Ok, so that was the visit at the MIL done and dusted, and it wasn't too bad either - we usually end up drinking but I only had 2 gin and tonics then switched to cups of tea as soon as I got home. Not too much criticism from her either, which made a nice change - she can be very good at making snide remarks about 'people putting on lots of weight and not taking care of themselves' clearly meaning me, but none of that today! Woohoo!! :) :) :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday evening, xxx

Ok, don't panic, it'll all be fine. So I've managed to double book myself and at the time I should be at WI, I will instead be on a train to Bath to meet a friend.

Tbh, I'm almost relieved not to have to go and face the scales, as my home ones are showing a mahooosive gain this week, and once again I'm going to blame the cider consumed. Sometimes I think I'm in the wrong group, I should clearly be joining AA, lol.

Oh well, I've now got a couple of weeks off anyway, as I'm on holiday as of Monday to see family. I've already got my sister on the case of buying me a kettle bell to use while I'm at my dads (I would bring my own but it wont fit in my suitcase lol), and he's also got a really nice exercise bike (which he uses to hang his shirts on) so I've told him I want the use of that every morning.

So overall I'm not too worried about going away, I should be able to lose what I've gained this weekend and also perhaps a little on top. We'll just have to wait and see!!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!! :)

O. M. G. How long has it been???

You have all heard it before I know, but here I go again - I'm back! :)

I just cannot believe its almost blinking November, reading back old posts from the summer holidays and how well I felt I was doing and how positive I was about the running and going to the gym and everything...well it's all gone pear shaped!! I literally haven't been back to the gym since the instructor was really nasty to me with his comments (yes, I'm still smarting lol) but I NEED to get back as the feeling of a workout is soooo good!

I also had a good old gain over the holiday away at my dad's (I totally blame my sister lol) and then when I went back to school my heart wasn't in it at all, and I kind of gave up, I guess.

The last 4 weeks I've managed to come up with every excuse possible not to go to group, as I've not been in the right frame of mind, but this morning my neighbour dragged me along and I was shocked to find that in the last 4 weeks I've actually lost 1.5lbs!!! That shut me up, I was expecting half a stone gain!! :)

Anyway, the main reason for my demotivation is probably how busy I've been at work lately; my promotion has meant I didn't get to sit down for lunch one single day last term, and as a result of all this stress I've now come down with this horrid bug that's been going round - of course I had to come down with it on the very first day of half term and have been in bed all week!! Probably why I lost the 1.5lbs to be fair!!

So I've come to the conclusion that next term must get better - I must make time to take a lunch break and eat something, as I'm fed up with coming home at about 6-7pm absolutely ravenous and eating everything in sight!! I must therefore learn to say NO to people, as if I don't start to do so I'll end up with another term of stress and no doubt gain. The thing is, I still absolutely love my job and doing the deputy head of house stuff is amazing, but at the end of the day I've got to look after myself!

I'm also taking the pledge to stop drinking, as I have been worrying myself lately. I never used to drink during the week, now it's become a habit. An expensive, calorific habit at that!! I haven't had a drink so far this week (as I've been too ill) and I think I might try and be without until Christmas now. That should help with the weight loss as well!

Oh dear, another long rambling post, well done if you got to this point, I didn't mean to post 8 weeks worth of stuff at once hahaha! And I haven't even got to the suspected lactose intolerance bit yet!! :)

Anyway, thinking of what targets I can set myself, the first one is to catch up properly with some of you lovely lot here!! :) :) :). Sorry for the moaning and feeling sorry for myself!! :)

Emz, xxxx

Back