From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

MissClumsy said:
Ha, well I do use the word 'run' rather friviously; I do of course mean 'shuffle awkwardly' as I certainly can't say I have any running technique, not anymore anyway! Been ages since I even had a shuffle! As soon as this cough lifts I'm restarting the 'couch 2 5 k' programme, I found that amazing last year, and went from only being able to do a 30 second shuffle to 20 minutes nonstop!! I was rather proud of myself, and never ever thought I would get that far!

Haven't found any good running events yet, seems they won't post them until the new year, so I'll just get a head start on the training as soon as I can! :).

Will you be able to run with your knees Hun, take it easy so you don't do yourself any injuries!! Listen to Miss! :). Xxx

Well (touch wood) I haven't had any probs with my knees recently! The thing I will have to look for is the track/course that is 'run' - as like u said a shuffle sounds more apt!

Up hill or down would be fine but bumpy surfaces I struggle with! I can c anyway - even if I walk it all no one cares really do they?!

Have a good Sunday!! Back to work tomorrow so I too and praying for a snow day lol xx

Cai said:
Well (touch wood) I haven't had any probs with my knees recently! The thing I will have to look for is the track/course that is 'run' - as like u said a shuffle sounds more apt!

Up hill or down would be fine but bumpy surfaces I struggle with! I can c anyway - even if I walk it all no one cares really do they?!

Have a good Sunday!! Back to work tomorrow so I too and praying for a snow day lol xx

That's good then, as you know I have an old knee injury and I'm always paranoid I'm gonna set it off again, but as you say, touch wood!! :)

And no, I ended up walking loads of my race for life last year, as I really struggled with ,y grass pollen allergy and couldn't breathe, and no-one cared! It's the taking part that counts hehe!

I know, I'm back tomorrow as well, although its only a TD day, back to the grind though, booo! :) xxx

Right, so that's lunch done and dusted - had my last bit of yummy smoked salmon with salad, cottage cheese and a bit of humous. Lush. Still on the NAS orange squash, OH is drinking his usual Sunday cider but to be fair I'm not even tempted, which feels really good!

Thinking I might get a half decent loss (need 2 if I'm gonna hit my crimbo target) if I can keep all this up until Wednesday night, but that is also a long way away and I don't know how I'm gonna react to being back at school. Going shopping straight after school tomorrow, so I will make sure to get lots of lovely fresh stuff in, and I really must make sure I organise a packed lunch every day from now on, and that I actually sit down and eat it during the day!!

Now going to sit down (did all my ironing before eating lunch, so feel like I deserve a sit down hahah!) and watch a bit of telly, fancy something funny so will have to see what we have on the box! :)

Happy Sunday everyone! Xxx

Have had a lovely, relaxing day with hardly any coughing! Which is great! :)

Tea ended up being just fruit and, you guessed it, soy yoghurt, couldn't be bothered cooking anything.

Contemplating staying to the meeting this week at WI - we always have food tasting on the first Wednesday of each month, and I might even cook something and bring with me, thing is I cannot think of what I should cook! Best get my thinking cap on!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, xxx

Just died my hair, or should I say 'bleached' my hair. I used to have lovely, naturally blonde hair - and growing up I was convinced I was the milk mans daughter or something as my dads hair is black and my mum had chestnut brown hair, then someone pointed out that my nan was gloriously blonde before going white so thank god for that - but lately I've had really dull, mousey streaks appear - hey, I REFUSE to call them grey, wtf is that all about, my nan went lovely white, am I gonna go grey, really???

Sorry, I digress, I put the bleach in to touch up the roots, then of course I got sidetracked watching Gavin and Stacey and forgot about the time and now look a bit like a lightbulb. Oh well, better lightbulb than mousey. I think, anyway!

Should be heading off to bed shortly but don't feel in the least tired. I'm sure that'll change come 7am when that alarm starts beeping!!

Sweet dreams everyone, xxx

Just died my hair, or should I say 'bleached' my hair. I used to have lovely, naturally blonde hair - and growing up I was convinced I was the milk mans daughter or something as my dads hair is black and my mum had chestnut brown hair, then someone pointed out that my nan was gloriously blonde before going white so thank god for that - but lately I've had really dull, mousey streaks appear - hey, I REFUSE to call them grey, wtf is that all about, my nan went lovely white, am I gonna go grey, really???

Sorry, I digress, I put the bleach in to touch up the roots, then of course I got sidetracked watching Gavin and Stacey and forgot about the time and now look a bit like a lightbulb. Oh well, better lightbulb than mousey. I think, anyway!

Should be heading off to bed shortly but don't feel in the least tired. I'm sure that'll change come 7am when that alarm starts beeping!!

Sweet dreams everyone, xxx

As soon as I put the dye on me head I'm like ..."get it off...hurry up has it been 45 minutes yet" ....every 3.5 seconds.

You've had a really good weekend...:) better than mine but I'm like SOD IT!!! *shrug*....Im keeping going with me belly down and my head in the fridge :D

Oh, do I really HAVE to go back to work??? I'm tired and my warm bed is calling me! :)

Shouldn't moan really, I feel lots brighter and my cough is getting better. Best bring some water for out meetings at school today though, nothing worse than getting a tickly cough attack in the middle of a meeting!

Best get ready for the day, at least I don't have to worry about lunch as our lunches on our TD days are usually very good and SW friendly.

Have a great Monday everyone! Xxx

broadsbean said:
so good to see you back xxx

must admit to long periods of awol as well but hey tha'ts life, summer was a bit crazy for me, daughter left to live in germany, son got his required grades so has left for uni, empty nest hit me hard !!:eek:

hope your TD has gone well and your chest is better xxxxxx

Thanks, good to see you back too! :)

I meant to say, after reading about it on your thread, god I've had so much gossip to catch up on lol, well done to both your son and daughter for getting into uni and getting the awesome sounding job in Germany - good going, especially with the job market the way it is! You must be so proud, and rightly so, but yes I understand what you mean about empty nest syndrome, my mum went through the same with me! :D

Hope you are well, xxxx

So, that was day one done and dusted. Only just got home though, thought these TD days were meant to finish at 3 hrmpf!

Actually, can't really blame the meetings, it was probably me procrastinating when I should have been writing cover for tomorrow morning etc! :)

Going for my blood test at the doctor tomorrow, which I'm already dreading, so I've had to ask for the morning off school. I hate writing cover, sometimes that's more stressful than actually teaching I find! But obviously I can't be in two places at once, so something had to give! :)

Lunch at school was lush, I had chickpea and spinach curry, lovely and fresh, and plain boiled rice and a huge side salad with that. I was also a right piggy and had a poppadom with it, but I did NOT have any pudding or any cookies, which were provided with both lunch and morning coffee! Pretty pleased with myself really!

Don't know what to have for my tea, contemplating Linda McCartney rosemary sausages with salad, but to be fair I'm not really hungry at the moment, so I'll leave it for a bit and decide.

Hope everyone is good on this chilly Monday evening! :) xxx

I had Linda McCartney sausages for tea (the Lincolnshire type) made a spicy BBQ sauce type onion gravy thingy for them made with pasatta, onions, Worcester sauce, onion salt, garlic, sweetener sugar and oxo - it was lovely with mash, carrots and peas :)

Ooo, so I've gone from one addiction to another - done some eBay shopping!! :). Got a lovely pair of brogues for only £7!! A couple of quid postage on top mind, but still a bargain in my book! :D

Poor CharlieCat is flat as a pancake under the sofa, he's so petrified of the fireworks, poor thing. No amount of cheese is going to lure him out of his hiding place tonight!

Speaking of, my other cat is climbing all over me as I haven't fed him yet (he's only just woke up, lazy sod lol) so best go sort him out!

Back soon! :) xxx

dacuckoo said:
I had Linda McCartney sausages for tea (the Lincolnshire type) made a spicy BBQ sauce type onion gravy thingy for them made with pasatta, onions, Worcester sauce, onion salt, garlic, sweetener sugar and oxo - it was lovely with mash, carrots and peas :)

They are yummy, aren't they? I love the rosemary ones, and unless I'm mistaken they are free on green! Yum!! :)

Had my blood test, and I didn't pass out or anything! :)

The only thing I'm super worried about is the fact that I completely forgot it was supposed to be a FASTING test so of course I had a cup of tea and an apple when I first got up, then I got too scared to fess up to the nurse when she asked me if I had been fasting, so I didn't tell her and now I'm all worried the results are going to be skewed. Oh, why do I have to be such an IDIOT???!!!

Anyway, I'll just have to wait and see what the results say. Does anyone know if a cuppa and an apple will affect hugely?

From a very shamefaced me. :(. Xxx

Had my blood test, and I didn't pass out or anything! :)

The only thing I'm super worried about is the fact that I completely forgot it was supposed to be a FASTING test so of course I had a cup of tea and an apple when I first got up, then I got too scared to fess up to the nurse when she asked me if I had been fasting, so I didn't tell her and now I'm all worried the results are going to be skewed. Oh, why do I have to be such an IDIOT???!!!

Anyway, I'll just have to wait and see what the results say. Does anyone know if a cuppa and an apple will affect hugely?

From a very shamefaced me. :(. Xxx

it depends what the blood test is for .....if its anything to do with diabetes or kidneys then it can affect the results because of the presence of proteins and sugars in the food and drink...saying that if the blood test comes back positive for whatever it's being taken for and the result is not marginal then they may do it again in 6 months - I can't see it making it have a screaming in your face neon flashing sign positive result, if its meant to be negative..

am I making sense?....I've just turned my brain to a snotty mush trying to word this :D and it still reads like a teletubbie script :brainfart:

dacuckoo said:
it depends what the blood test is for .....if its anything to do with diabetes or kidneys then it can affect the results because of the presence of proteins and sugars in the food and drink...saying that if the blood test comes back positive for whatever it's being taken for and the result is not marginal then they may do it again in 6 months - I can't see it making it have a screaming in your face neon flashing sign positive result, if its meant to be negative..

am I making sense?....I've just turned my brain to a snotty mush trying to word this :D and it still reads like a teletubbie script :brainfart:

Oh no, that's exactly what it was for...plus a whole host of other things if the doctors form was anything to go by, when they realised I've not had a blood test since I was about 10 (I will avoid needles at all cost!) they obviously thought 'do the lot while she's here' and every conceivable box was ticked! :(

Oh well, it's done now, I'll just have to wait a week and see what the result is...why oh why am I always the bloody donut who does things like this???

Fingers crossed! :). Xxx

Done it myself...don't worry too much about it - my glucose fasting came back borderline...they just tested me again a year later. If all the results come back elevated or positive or what they shouldn't be just drop into the conversation about having a cuppa and an apple and if would overall affect the results in a real derogatory way - if they think yes, they'll probably just book you another test :)

dacuckoo said:
Done it myself...don't worry too much about it - my glucose fasting came back borderline...they just tested me again a year later. If all the results come back elevated or positive or what they shouldn't be just drop into the conversation about having a cuppa and an apple and if would overall affect the results in a real derogatory way - if they think yes, they'll probably just book you another test :)

Thanks, haha, I like the idea of dropping it into conversation, might just have to do that!:)

I'm sooo glad to have it done and dusted though, I thought I was going to cry or pass out or possibly even both! :D

Thanks, haha, I like the idea of dropping it into conversation, might just have to do that!:)

I'm sooo glad to have it done and dusted though, I thought I was going to cry or pass out or possibly even both! :D

Awwww no, must be bad having a fear of needles....they don't bother me, but then again I don't feel them having a 20 inch layer of lady lard to penetrate :p

dacuckoo said:
Awwww no, must be bad having a fear of needles....they don't bother me, but then again I don't feel them having a 20 inch layer of lady lard to penetrate :p

Haha, the nurse had to do a stab in the dark on my arm, my veins are clearly so buried in there somewhere lol!! Luckily she hit jackpot on the first attempt, I felt like whooping!! :)

Back