From NotTwiggy to Getting Jiggy!

Haha, I love a good speed soup, should really get one on the go myself, stock up my freezer again!!

Didn't realise how much it made, I've enough to fill half my freezer!

Having a bad few days, not sticking to plan at all so actually looking forward to getting back to work on Monday, I find it much easier when I'm away from the kitchen.

Heading to my friends house this evening and staying over, there's going to be alcohol and a take away, aarrgghhhh!!!!

Had an STS this week but was happy with that as my sneaky weigh in during the week showed a gain!!

What a weekend!! I didn't stick to plan since about last Wednesday but in fairness I didn't go too overboard either. Then, Saturday night I was staying over in a friends house. I brought in a bottle of red wine with me and we had a thai take-away, I had a small enough portion and nibbled on a few crisps afterwards, nothing major. Woke up Sunday morning in my friends house and felt dreadful, I'll spare the details but I threw up about nine times, I was so sick I couldn't speak, I couldn't even get the energy to get dressed and go home until 3pm. I knew I had drank a bit, I had some of my friends wine after I finished my bottle and then had two Captain Morgans but this sickness was unreal, it was definitely more than just a hangover!! Finally dawned on me last night, I had my gallbladder removed in June but it hadn't had any digestive effects on me, I was able to eat anything. Drink, it appears, is another matter with me! This was the most I had consumed since the op. and looking up some forums this morning, a lot of people were saying their tolerance for drink had really gone done and some suffered severe vomiting like me! I feel like such a tool!! Anyway at least I know now and that's the drinking finished for me for good, one or two glasses of wine will do me from now on, I literally wanted to die yesterday!!

Still not feeling 100% today, eating light enough, just had cereal and a banana for breakfast and having an apple here now. It might kick start a good loss for this week - every cloud and all that!! xx

Not having good week, will really have to try to get back on track. Again!!

God, I haven't been online in what feels like forever, haven't been sticking to plan at all. Haven't been too bad food wise so all is not lost yet!!

Dealing with some changes in work, found out I'm being put on a three day week, timing couldn't be worse with Christmas around the corner, let's hope the stress doesn't send me to the fridge!

God, I can't believe I just totally gave up, I'm so annoyed with myself. I'm up to 15.4 now, back to what I was when I started this time around. Lent started today so I'm off all chocolate and crisps, that should help!! I'm a Monday starter so will take it handy for next few days, no stuffing myself and back with a bang Monday.

Day three of first week, doing well, tucking into an Alpen light bar and a cuppa at the moment, have a tuna salad for lunch and have just pear, banana and some melon with me too.

I had fish and tons of veg on Monday for dinner, it was gorgeous, stew last night and have chicken planned for tonight. Went into Tesco Monday evening to stock up on fruit and they had practically nothing left so just got pears and melon, will have to go elsewhere!

I'm back to having my Curly Wurly at night, I have it rock hard from the fridge and break it into about six pieces before I open it so it lasts quite a while.

Last attempt didn't go too well and weighed myself end April and was up to 218lb so enough was enough! I'm three weeks in and have half a stone gone so am very happy with that. It's amazing even when you've a lot to lose, even 7 pounds makes a difference to how you feel, I feel so much better than I did three weeks ago. Don't miss the junk at all, eating tons of fruit and veg and really enjoying it. Started on May 5th and aimed to lose a stone by end of June so that's going to plan so far. Summer is such a good time of year to eat healthy too, lovely fruit available and easy to eat salads when it's not totally freezing out! Really looking forward to seeing the slimmer me quite shortly, long term goal is three stone gone by Christmas, one day at a time :)

I've also got the short term goal of 3 stone off by Xmas - officially lost 11 pounds so far but didn't go to group last week due to car issues and sneaky weigh in says I have now got my stone award but not counting it until official weigh in (and shiny sticker on my book!)

Hi Carol, I'm actually finding the loss very slow this time around, I've just started my fourth week yesterday and my scales only show a 6lb loss. I always had a good loss the first few weeks and I am definitely sticking to plan and counting my syns correctly but the scales isn't reflecting my effort! I'm not giving up and am committed, I'm trying to see the bigger picture (no pun intended!) but it is frustrating! Chocolate, crisps biscuits, even diet minerals are all off the menu, apart from my Curly Wurly at night, I'm eating lots of fruit and veg, sticking to the 1/3 rule and it's still crawling off. I'm still happy to have some weight gone but starting at 15.8lb I was expecting a nice loss in the first few weeks and then slow down to the steady 1-2lb loss. I might leave the scales alone for a while and not get too hung up on the speed of the loss!

Ugh, feeling very bloated today, think I need to ease up on the fruit and little, had a lot of melon at lunch time and felt very bloated and parpy all afternoon lol, just as well I'm in a room on my own eh? Had beef stew for dinner with potatoes and broccoli and didn't bother with my usual choc treat, hopefully I'll feel a bit better tomorrow. Night all :4635:

Fell off the wagon last week so back on track today, I didn't weigh myself this morning, I'll wait till next Monday. Had two Alpen light bars for breakfast with a banana, had an apple at break time and lunch was a salad with a chicken breast. Have a Muller Light Yoghurt in work with me in case I get peckish during the afternoon. Dinner will be potatoes, mixed veg and fish. Must get into the habit of drinking water too, get the metabolism going!

Subscribing!
I'm fedup with not being able to wear the fashion I want too, and feeling generally poop and in pain.
I went up to 270lbs and now sitting at 224lbs, I'm joining slimming world next Friday! hope I can follow your success! :)

x Kayla x

Hi Kayla, I'm weighing in at 214 at the moment, I'm officially 11 pound heavier than this time last year, I had my gallbladder out on 19 June last year and was 203. Had been on a very low fat diet waiting for my op so when I was able to eat again, up went the weight again

I'm fed up with not being able to get into anything either, I'm a size 18 and with this hot weather, I'm quite restricted in what I can wear. Have to get back on track, just finished bowl of fresh strawberries, raspberries and Muller Light Yoghurt, it was lovely.
Well done on your loss to date, you've done fantastically well xx

I really don't like this heat. I have to cover up and just get hotter.
You can do this!! you did really well today! Try planning meals ahead of time even a couple of meals planned ahead helps. You'll do great!

Yes I have to say planning ahead is the main thing, I normally do one big shop per week and plan everything in advance. I'm not working today so just had my fruit, yoghurt and 28g shredded wheat (I count out 13) and am making large salad for lunch. Hope your week is good, let me know how you get on :)

Back