From 'Obese' to 'Overweight' to 'Healthy'! :)

So I'm 10st 8.75lbs.. I have to remind myself when I used to binge eat I'd be 12st on the scales.. it's keeping me from giving up, and so are the 'wow you've lost weight' comments and also my holiday in august with a load of skinny b*tches I call friends :D

So today is my first proper SW day in a week..

HexA: 45g reduced fat cheddar
HexB: 60g wm pitta
Syns: 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (2), 30g light mayo (4), 35g feta (4.5), 125ml (if even!) red wine (4.5)

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with ham, scallion, tomato, mushroom and feta

Late lunch: Wm pitta, chicken, cheddar, salad, mayo and chilli and a glass of merlot :p

Snack: lemon muller light

Can't seem to get back into eating fruit! :thumbdown:

Last edited:
10st 8.25lbs this morning (serial weigher!)

Caved last night and had an oatie (3), a fig roll (3) and a little bowl of pasta in sf sauce..
Going to try hard to stick within my syns today..

Breakfast - wm pitta with bacon (no fat), scrambled egg with red onion and grilled tomato. Used 1 tsp reduced fat butter and dash sk milk for the eggs.. and lots of pepper:thumbup:
Tea w sk milk

Lunch - bowl of homemade veg soup courtesy of my dad.. I'm assured it is only made using veg (mostly carrot) and veg stock and lots of cumin :)
Green tea

Did a workout this morning too, some weights because I need to start toning, some cardio, strengthening exercises, sit ups (60! Nearly puked lol!), squats and some yoga :D

Defrosting chicken atm.. not quite sure what to do with it, will have to have a look through some recipes on here :)

If I feel hungry between now and dinner I'll have another bowl of soup or a syn free yogurt.. W.I. is tomorrow so I hope I'll keep the 0.5lb off so at least I'll see a loss :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Chubbywitch

We are really similar! We are the same height and I also couldn't believe it when I was nearly 12stone (my heaviest ever roughly this time last year). The obese BMI was a definite wake up call. I was still convincing myself I was just curvy! I will never ditch the scales again - it's the only way to really track where you are.

We're also now a pretty similar weight. I was 10st 4 last Tuesday - weighing in on Wednesday's going forward so will see what the scales look like then. Was pretty naughty on Fri, Sat and particularly Sunday but exercise might have just saved me!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow! Hope the scales are kind to me too on Wednesday!

Hey blondcat,
How funny, we are really similar! Although after my recent little blow outs I'm about 10st 9lbs, going to have to get that under control! Just been loads of occasions and bbq's and alcohol related get-togethers haha!
How are you finding the 5:2 diet?? It seems to be working for you anyway, well done on your loss so far :)

Aaargh! I am literally sabotaging myself! Over-eating doesn't describe it! And the wine! In an ideal world it would be syn-free, can't get enough of the stuff!!:banghead:

Anyway, my birthday is on Monday, which was my original goal, and I'm over a stone from my target (so down!) Although I did set a long term goal for 31st July so I need to get my act together and shed this stone..
And that will be my last blow out! IT WILL BE!!!
I also need to up my exercise, and eat less carbs.. I just saw a challenge on here which I am going to try and stick to religiously!

Today started out ok, but then BAM! I ate everything I could find.. So I won't even shame myself further by listing it all..
But I'm going to write what I'll eat tomorrow, and no matter what I'm going to stick to it! And if I don't, I'll admit to it and whoever sees it has my permission to give out to me lol..

Going to aim for 3 litres water
HexA: Semi-skimmed milk (for tea) and small bit of feta in the salad
HexB: All Bran

Breakfast: All Bran, apple, pear, satsuma with natural fat free yogurt

Lunch: Salad, small bit of pasta (leftovers, getting rid!) and syn free curry

Dinner: Chicken and veg stir fry

It's great logging on here for a few minutes and reading through the threads, makes me feel more determined and better about losing control and then getting back on it, think it's because I'm not alone in the struggle, so thanks to everyone who shares their ups and downs :happy096:

So I weighed myself this morning because I just had to know where I was at the moment, and I'm 10st 8lbs! I actually don't believe it because I felt like an actual heifer last night! I was so worried I'd crept back to the 11's!

Off to a good start today, although didn't have my All Bran so will use my HExB for something else.. I had sugar free orange jelly with the fruit and yog instead, just because it was there, and had a green tea..
Updating my ipod atm, so will get out for a walk/jog later..
Need to try my hand at sticking with red days and keep the carbs low as possible..
Tomorrow is a party night, my birthday drinks so I have a bottle and a half of white wine, they'll definitely be drunk! May make some bad food decisions because I'm human haha, but will try my hardest to be good-ish! I live in fear of a cheesecake with my name on it! I don't even like cake, I tell people this in no uncertain terms, but they almost feel obliged to get me a cake.. I'd rather an indian :eatdrink023:

I'm going to be on here so much today, just to keep me on track, so sorry in advance for my rantings! :) :p

10st 8 is excellent if you've had a wobble. Just shows you're not going too mental when you fall off the rails. I noticed that when I went mad on fri, sat and sun - overall I would have stayed the same even though I drunk loads. Before I would have gone way over but this time I had bubbly and wine and vodka soda but I tried not to go too mad on food.

Stick with it CW - think of that bikini bod xx

I do notice I normally want a curry or something at the end of the night, but now I am able to say ah no let's not do that much damage, which honestly is not something I used to say at all!
And I drink gin and sl tonic usually, it's just at the bbqs and parties the drinks have either been wine or beer which isn't ideal!

I'll have to try to think of the bikini bod more often!
Thanks Blondcat :)

Me too!! When I used to get home from a night out it would be unthinkable not to have a take away or stuff my face on loads of food. I haven't done that for ages now. Think it's all those little things that add up and make a difference.

we must be learning self control :D

Alright my birthday is over and I weighed in at 10st 7lbs this morning so that's a stone from my goal and I plan on working hard at it to get there hopefully by 31/07/14.

Haven't eaten yet today and still not hungry plus the fridge is 90% alcohol atm :)

I'm aiming for similar by July 31st and were pretty much the same weight! I like the fact I have a minimins buddy doing the same! Hopefully I'll find you motivational!!

Yay lol now I feel like I have to stick to it :) u seem to be doing we'll not far to go

Had a good day food wise, EE day :)

B: Apple pear and satsuma with a fat free yoghurt

L: Beans and baked baby potatoes

D: Chicken salad with franks hot sauce

Haven't had my hexs today as there's little or nothing in the fridge!

Been M.I.A. for the past week but been doing well! Saw my lowest weight everrrrr of 10st 3lbs on Sunday, but when I weighed on Tuesday it was in the evening and I was 10st 5lbs so that's what I declared!
Been good so far this week, used my syns on 2 cans of Coors Light last night which probably wasn't the best choice but it was still within limits!

Today has been good although I just realised the time and I haven't eaten dinner and now I'm quite hungry but I hate eating so late.. I might make eggs or something light..

So for today:

HexA: None yet! Probably some cheese on my omelette if I make it!
HexB: 60g wm pitta
Syns: EL mayo (2 syns), sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)

B: Satsuma, banana and apple with a fat free greek style yogurt (lemon ones from Aldi, amazing!)

L: WM pitta, roast chicken breast (skinless!) marinaded in soy sauce and sweet chilli, heaps of salad and some balsamic vinegar

D: possibly an omelette, something all free anyways

Really need to step my exercise game up! Have 10lbs to lose before 31.07.14. so need to knuckle down and do this properly!

Well done for keeping it up! I hate eating late but eat when I'm tired! The last couple of days I've been so tired I've fallen asleep before I eat. I was thinking about popping my own popcorn to snack on and flavoring it myself as fruit doesn't cut it.
Your lunch sounded amazing!!

errrrr 10st 3 (or 5) whatever - AMAZING!!!!! You're catching me up ;-)

We are SOOOOOOOOOO going to be out of the 10s this month.

Go Team Us :):D:p

Update your statistics..... I reckon you might be in the healthy BMI weight range - OMFG!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Thanks Kayla, how are u getting on? Do u have a thread I can sub too?
I'm not a huge fan of fruit so I wouldn't snack on it except maybe a banana but i love carrot sticks with reduced fat hoummus and I've made syn free falafels too.. I like your popcorn idea too :)

Blondcat I think so too!! I weighed in at 10 st 3 lb again today ?
And I updated my details - whooooooooo healthy bmi achieved ??????????

GO US!!!!! YAY!!!!

10st 3 it is then = nailing it!!

I have weigh in on weds - was pretty bad friday, saturday and sunday but I *think* if I'm lucky calories vs exercise and normal amount burned in a day I may have stayed the same over those three days. Since the other 4 days I was an angel maybe I'll get into the 9s - but I'm not hopeful at the moment, haha!

Keep going this week CW xx

Back