from pig to twig ;)

decided on beans on toast & an orange (i find it hard to eat fruit in the mornings but ate it) 8am & all the kids were asleep & the bloody bin man woke the whole house!! dont they know how to oil their lorries grrrr!! so 5 minutes peace was all i got :(

also its my TOTM today, came out of nowhere but i hadnt had one for months. might be another reason if i dont lose anything monday, this & going back to eating i'll be lucky to still be 13.13. hoped id never see the 14s again but will have to suck it up & look at a nice loss the following week.

i have a group near my house on a wednesday evening, so that might become my new weigh in day. just a bit scared to go as i dont know anyone who goes. & have never been before, what do they do? probably chicken out on weds haha.

i cooked a chinese chicken curry from scratch, syn free & was amazing! my hubby loved it too.

stomach cramps are getting bad tonight, great timing for the weekend :(

still doing well, only 2 days till my first weigh in :) feel really positive about this. i've found it really easy so far. i know there will be times that its harder but hopefully it stays fun if i cook different things. my hubby is doing it with me & hes loved everything ive cooked so far :)

It's great that you have support at home. My oh just tuts at me or rolls his eyes. Ive learnt to ignore him.

Oh and as for the group, strangers are just friends you haven't met yet ;).

Keep going, you're doing great!

Just reading your diary and thought I would say hi.

I have been doing SW for a while and have just rejoined after a little break (since May) to a new class. If you can get to a class would definitely recommend it as I do really think that it helps and makes it a lot easier than doing it at home.

Good Luck :)

I have one 2 minutes from my house but i'm just nervous to go. Do i just walk in there or do i have to tell them im coming before the day?

Today was another good day. I had a sw fry up for breakfast, with extra tomatoes as i love them lately. Then lunch was a muller light with orange & apple. Dinner was chicken breast with mash & broccoli. My family had home made pizza but i was happy with mine going to have a snack of toffee muller light & fruit now.

I kept busy today, washed my car & used a window vac, omg best invention ever! Dont even have to wipe them at all it leaves no streaks...amazing lol. We hired a bouncy castle as the summer holidays are almost over. The kids loved it, wish i could keep it lol

I have one 2 minutes from my house but i'm just nervous to go. Do i just walk in there or do i have to tell them im coming before the day?

Today was another good day. I had a sw fry up for breakfast, with extra tomatoes as i love them lately. Then lunch was a muller light with orange & apple. Dinner was chicken breast with mash & broccoli. My family had home made pizza but i was happy with mine going to have a snack of toffee muller light & fruit now.

I kept busy today, washed my car & used a window vac, omg best invention ever! Dont even have to wipe them at all it leaves no streaks...amazing lol. We hired a bouncy castle as the summer holidays are almost over. The kids loved it, wish i could keep it lol

Honestly you will be fine. You can just turn up at the advertised time and the consultant will go through it all with you. I get so many ideas and support from the group. There is a voucher in either Woman or Bella magazine at the moment for the joining fee so will only be the weekly price to join.

Sound like a good day but would try and have something a bit bigger for lunch if you can manage it, will help in the long run. There is so much you can have so might as well make the most of it haha.

I love my window vac as I have huge windows so is a massive time saver. You should get on it and get some body magic in haha Sounds like lots of fun!

I did ask about a voucher in another thread but no one answered so thanks i'll have a look

I had a big breakfast so wasnt hungry, thats why i only had a small lunch. I went from cambridge diet to this so i'm trying to build my food up a bit slower. A few nights back when we had steak i felt so ill from over eating. Its made me eat slower & notice when i'm feeling full. Id rather have another smaller snack later on if i get hungry. Obviously i'm still new to this so things will change, i bet in a few weeks im starving lol.

The group near me is on a wednesday evening so i'll let you know how i get on ;)

How much more do you want to lose? I want to get into the 10s. But my goal for xmas is the 11s. I'm not sure how doable that is though i was 13.12 on monday last week x

Last edited:
I still have a way to go I think not decided on a final weight as yet but reckon at least another 5 stone. I am just taking it a stone at a time though otherwise seems too daunting!

Ah that makes sense if you have come from the Cambridge diet then. In a few weeks you'll probably be feeling a bit more hungry.

I think you'll like the class and I do definitely think it works better. I haven't been since May as I thought I could do it by myself and had put 3.5lb on when I went back to class yesterday haha although your will power may be a lot better than mine!

Today i woke up early with stomach cramps, TOTM sucks :( had a toffee muller light. Just had egg on toast so its filled me up a bit. Started to get hungry in the mornings now. Not sure what to do for dinner, probably eggs chips & beans with roasted tomatoes. For lunch im attempting a home made vegetable soup, hope it turns out ok lol.

Yeah i will go to the meeting as i want certificates haha. Plus its good when you have a rubbish week its someone to moan at who will understand. I deffo prefer this to cambridge diet, the shakes are not nice as much as people say they love them....they are not at all like a thick shake if you freeze them thats a lie lol

I am the kinda person that if I don't have to chew I feel like I haven't eaten so don't think I could do shakes and stuff haha.

I am having brunch of mushrooms, egg, beans and sausage and I am having a roast for tea.

Soup will be lovely, don't know what your weather is like but it's really miserable here today!

Thank you. Im not expecting to lose anything this week as i went from cambridge to this so to sts will be brill.

The weather started off nice here but its cloudy now. I'm in essex. We just gave back the bouncy castle :( im going to buy one for next summer they are so much fun. We have a huge trampoline but its not the same. They are pricey though, £800 roughly so will get it after xmas is out the way lol.

Got so much coming up in the next few months, 3/4 kids birthdays, halloween, bonfire night (my nephews 1st bday) then holiday, xmas & new year. Plus 2 50th parties to go to. & then the extention gets started after xmas so i will be very busy. All good fun though so not complaining

i had sw chips, 2 eggs in fry light, beans & cherry tomatoes for dinner. was really nice. i've mastered the chips now & they are perfect. really hoping i'm not back in the 14s tomorrow but i think i have to face it that i more than likely am. i'm really bloated today & thats not likely to go till end of this week. hopefully next week i'll see a loss though.

hunny will you eat normal food over xmas? i'm away from the 16-23rd dec on holiday & then its pretty much christmas. i dont really want to think about food but realistically i cant binge for 2 weeks lol. Do the weigh ins continue over xmas? i was thinking i will have xmas eve, xmas day & boxing day then get weighed & see the damage. new year we dont do much on anyway, so not bothered about that

I would try not to worry about the number for now (I know that's easier said than done), you have changed from a massively restrictive diet to this and have your totm at the same time so maybe go with how you feel this week and take a bit of the pressure off.

All of the groups I know of still weigh over Christmas and New Year but may change the day if it's a bank holiday. When it is coming up to Christmas there are lots of recipes in group etc so I tend to have Christmas lunch as I normally would and then try and stick to healthier alternatives for the other times. I think you still have to enjoy it and if it's a gain it's only 1 week out of your whole journey. It just depends on personal preference really.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, its about having fun so if that means a gain then so be it. I wont be going mad on holiday anyway. Xmas eve we have chinese & obviously xmas day is a full dinner with pud.

I feel like i'm getting a cold, my nose is blocked & my chest feels odd. Mind you it was bloody cold earlier i wore my winter coat on our dog walk & uggs. My hubby was in shorts & t shirt haha

I agree it's about living your life and how you are happy to do it, I know some people who believe that means sticking to plan as best as possible even over Christmas, some people who it means going off plan around that time and then getting back on it and some who think just having the odd meals or odd days off for that is what it's all about. I personally don't think any of those people are wrong. It's completely up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

I haven't decided what I'm going to be doing Christmas yet, I'll definitely be having Christmas day off and probably Christmas eve and boxing day. Depending on how close to target I am I might have some other days off as well. What works for me is making a decision about what days I'm going to be off plan and sticking to it, even if I decide I'll have a week off, I feel better if I've made that decision beforehand rather than if I just go off.

I went on a cruise this summer 2 weeks, I decided I wasn't going to worry about dieting at all and I gained 10lbs, 3 weeks later I still haven't lost all of that weight (I have 3 more lbs to go) but I don't regret going off plan. I did however get back on plan as soon as I stepped off the boat

I put 12lb on when I went on my cruise last November but I have the same mindset as you by the sounds of it. You have done well to lose the 7lb and I am sure it was well worth it, I know mine was haha.

Memories are far more important to me than the scales so I will probably have a couple of days off over Christmas but depends on what plans we have closer to the time.

Back