From Plus size to Princess!!

5lbs off for me this week which meant I got my 4 stone shiny with 1lb to spare!!!! JUst 1lb off reaching my half way point & 2lbs off club 20 though I'm not hopeful of reaching them next week as I have a big family meal out tomorrow so I'm just aiming not to gain hopefully!!

Yay! :) Hopefully if you get back on plan the day after your family meal you can do damage limitations, and possibly even lose that 1 or 2 lbs.

5lbs off for me this week which meant I got my 4 stone shiny with 1lb to spare!!!! JUst 1lb off reaching my half way point & 2lbs off club 20 though I'm not hopeful of reaching them next week as I have a big family meal out tomorrow so I'm just aiming not to gain hopefully!!

Congrats, 5 lbs - I wish I could get lost like that again =) and 4 st award - well done

For me 1,5 lbs loss and 6 st award today =) yey- happy happy happy =)

Yay! :) Hopefully if you get back on plan the day after your family meal you can do damage limitations, and possibly even lose that 1 or 2 lbs.

To be honest I'm not even going to worry about it coz it was things like this that last time caused me silly amounts of guilt which in turn caused me to fall completely off the wagon. I'm going to stay on plan all day until the meal, go out, enjoy it & get back on plan immediately after the meal meaning I won't pig out all evening!!!! Lol I'm going to stick to diet drinks or water with my meal so no alcohol either. I think for this plan to work long term you need to make allowances for special occasions & as long as we stick to when we are drawing the line & getting back on plan hopefully we won't do too much damage

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Congrats, 5 lbs - I wish I could get lost like that again =) and 4 st award - well done

For me 1,5 lbs loss and 6 st award today =) yey- happy happy happy =)

Well done hun. 6 stone is amazing!!!! I would be jumping up & down. That's such a huge achievement x

To be honest I'm not even going to worry about it coz it was things like this that last time caused me silly amounts of guilt which in turn caused me to fall completely off the wagon. I'm going to stay on plan all day until the meal, go out, enjoy it & get back on plan immediately after the meal meaning I won't pig out all evening!!!! Lol I'm going to stick to diet drinks or water with my meal so no alcohol either. I think for this plan to work long term you need to make allowances for special occasions & as long as we stick to when we are drawing the line & getting back on plan hopefully we won't do too much damage

I like your attitude :) and it is probably the best way to be. For me I think it is going to be the most difficult balance to find, but I can see now that I am getting there slowly.

I like your attitude :) and it is probably the best way to be. For me I think it is going to be the most difficult balance to find, but I can see now that I am getting there slowly.

To be honest hun I think I know why I fell off the wagon last time & I'm so determined that it can't happen again this time that I started with the attitude that I would rather be in this for the long term & for it to be maintainable than for it to feel restrictive & have the guilt kick in. I'm more aware of portion sizes this time & probably stricter with myself day to day but I still have 1 off plan meal a week & special occasions won't be stressed over!!

Welcome hun. I can totally relate to everything you say. I make cakes for a living (albeit part time) & I was the same. To be honest I dont even like cake anymore!!!! lol I totally get the not eating all day & then making bad choices late at night.. that was me too. This is my second time doing slimming world as well... last time I fell off the wagon with 1 stone left to go & ended up back to square one... Like you say.. your head needs to be in the right place. This time I'm a bit more chilled out about the whole thing & not putting myself under pressure coz even if I dont make an ideal choice at times I
to what choice I would have made before & how much worse that choice would have been. Good luck with your journey hun & we are all here for support when you need us x

I totally missed your post dance mum how rude of me.

When you are around something all the time you just get so sick of it.

But yes I understand I'm doing the same. If I slip, I slio it makes me human. I need to stop beating myself up about it and move on.

Its a better choice to slip up and carry on after your slip than slip up and spiral. Plus life has its times where we will indulge. It's learning to reign it back in afterwards and that's a great tactic to learn for when we are all slimmer :)

That is a good way to think. It is definitely easier to lose weight once your mind is set to do it. I used to say to myself, "I'll start tomorrow" but of course tomorrow never came! Just all that bad food! But now I have got myself in a good place, which makes it easier to feel good about losing weight. I have had many bad days since starting SW, but I am getting much better at drawing a line under it and moving on. I had a big pepperoni pizza and a bottle of wine last weekend, but I still lost 3.5lbs! Treats work for me, otherwise I would feel rubbish that I couldn't have what I want, and end up just eating badly everyday, instead of once a week.

Yeah not feeling deprived is key for it to be a sustainable thing. And sw does teach these 'slim life skills' if we let it ;)

Amazing loss! Next week i bet you will reach them :) and if not then you will of deffo done it by the end of october!

Hi everyone!

I hope im okay to join this challenge/group.

I've been a big girl for as long as i can remember, i grew up in a house where portion control didnt exist.
I've had an on and off relationship with slimmingworld for about 3 years, just before Christmas las year i started again and was sure that this time would be my time, but i changed job and moved house and all of that went out the window :p
I recently went on holiday to Ibiza with a few girlfriends and i was horrified at what i looked like so much so that i couldnt fully enjoy my holiday and i felt like i didnt belong there :( i hope to go back in a couple of years sporting a slim and toned body in a bikini :)
My main reason for losing weight, apart from the health benefits and quality of life etc, is my boyfriend proposed to me a couple of weeks ago and i really DO NOT want to have those same holiday feelings on my wedding day.

I've spent a long time feeling like i am the only plus size person in the world, even though i KNOW im not but im finally ready to shed all the lbs as well as the negative feelings.

:) you are all doing great by the way, it keeps me motivated to see how well you are doing!

Aly xx

I totally missed your post dance mum how rude of me.

When you are around something all the time you just get so sick of it.

But yes I understand I'm doing the same. If I slip, I slio it makes me human. I need to stop beating myself up about it and move on.

Its a better choice to slip up and carry on after your slip than slip up and spiral. Plus life has its times where we will indulge. It's learning to reign it back in afterwards and that's a great tactic to learn for when we are all slimmer :)

Not rude at all hun.. I'm forever missing posts too. I think we have to learn not only how to physically deal with special occasions as well as mentally otherwise it would be all to easy to reach target & fall back into our old ways. For me being able to incorporate these special occasions in from the start this time means that I will be able to maintain that same attitude when I reach target. I had a lovely meal out yesterday & even the oreo cheesecake didnt make me feel guilty (it was to die for!!!) For my main I had a trio of seafood (roasted salmon grilled hake & tempura monkfish) with whipped potatoes (I found these a bit on the creamy side but they were still enjoyable) buttered veg & a prawn bisque. oh & I had a cappuccino too!!! overall it was a beautiful meal. I stayed on plan right up to the meal & went straight onplan after even having my full 15 syns that evening. I got lovely comments from family members about how I was looking too which was nice. I checked the scales this morning & they are showing 1lb up so I would be happy even to just get rid of that by weigh in on saturday.

Hi everyone!

I've been a big girl for as long as i can remember, i grew up in a house where portion control didnt exist.
I've had an on and off relationship with slimmingworld for about 3 years, just before Christmas las year i started again and was sure that this time would be my time, but i changed job and moved house and all of that went out the window :p
I recently went on holiday to Ibiza with a few girlfriends and i was horrified at what i looked like so much so that i couldnt fully enjoy my holiday and i felt like i didnt belong there :( i hope to go back in a couple of years sporting a slim and toned body in a bikini :)
My main reason for losing weight, apart from the health benefits and quality of life etc, is my boyfriend proposed to me a couple of weeks ago and i really DO NOT want to have those same holiday feelings on my wedding day.

I've spent a long time feeling like i am the only plus size person in the world, even though i KNOW im not but im finally ready to shed all the lbs as well as the negative feelings.

:) you are all doing great by the way, it keeps me motivated to see how well you are doing!

Aly xx

Welcome Alykins :)

Not rude at all hun.. I'm forever missing posts too. I think we have to learn not only how to physically deal with special occasions as well as mentally otherwise it would be all to easy to reach target & fall back into our old ways. For me being able to incorporate these special occasions in from the start this time means that I will be able to maintain that same attitude when I reach target. I had a lovely meal out yesterday & even the oreo cheesecake didnt make me feel guilty (it was to die for!!!) For my main I had a trio of seafood (roasted salmon grilled hake & tempura monkfish) with whipped potatoes (I found these a bit on the creamy side but they were still enjoyable) buttered veg & a prawn bisque. oh & I had a cappuccino too!!! overall it was a beautiful meal. I stayed on plan right up to the meal & went straight onplan after even having my full 15 syns that evening. I got lovely comments from family members about how I was looking too which was nice. I checked the scales this morning & they are showing 1lb up so I would be happy even to just get rid of that by weigh in on saturday.

Welcome Alykins :)

Oh definitely. When I tend to 'diet' I tend to hide away. So when I do end up going out or to an event I can't wriggle out of I use it as a free for all. Which is bad. Haha. But I'm not going to do that this time. If I get invited out I'm going to go and make sensible choice.

The trio of seafood (the fishy part) sounds amazing! But sadly I really can't stomach prawns! And that oreo cheesecake sounds amazing! Looks like you did fantastically well and enjoyed yourself!

No doubt that 1lb was just food weight and will deffo be gone by saturday!

Hi everyone!

Aly xx

Welcome hun! I know what you mean about feeling like you don't belong, it's almost like you feel like the odd one out.

I've missed out in doing things like holidays (I couldn't fit comfortably in an economy seat on a plane) and things like alton towers (once again I'm too big for the seats and too big to be safe as the safety bars won't fit over me and my tummy. (Doesn't help I'm blessed in the boobie department too)

Feels like I'm missing out on life and being happy and always feeling like the biggest person in the world. So I totally understand where you are coming from. But with the support from the great people on here you won't always feel like that. Good luck :)

Welcome hun! I know what you mean about feeling like you don't belong, it's almost like you feel like the odd one out.

I've missed out in doing things like holidays (I couldn't fit comfortably in an economy seat on a plane) and things like alton towers (once again I'm too big for the seats and too big to be safe as the safety bars won't fit over me and my tummy. (Doesn't help I'm blessed in the boobie department too)

Feels like I'm missing out on life and being happy and always feeling like the biggest person in the world. So I totally understand where you are coming from. But with the support from the great people on here you won't always feel like that. Good luck :)

Thanks for the welcome hun, i seem to be following you around haha! everyone is so positive in this group and thats why i have joined. i thought i was the only one that ever felt that way :) im glad to know im not alone and its wonderful to have someone to share the journey with :D

I hope everyone has had a great day xx

Thanks for the welcome hun, i seem to be following you around haha! everyone is so positive in this group and thats why i have joined. i thought i was the only one that ever felt that way :) im glad to know im not alone and its wonderful to have someone to share the journey with :D

I hope everyone has had a great day xx

Haha stalk me all you like, any attention is good attention! lol! Good luck for day 2 tomorrow.

hey ladies just a quick post to say that I have weighed in this morning & have lost 6.5lbs!!!! I have no idea how as I was expected a sts or a few pounds at most but I'm thrilled as that means I have passed the half way point now!! Also got my 4 1/2 stone shiny which was nice too. Soo soo pleased that I made the decision to restart 10 weeks ago... roll on the next 10 weeks!!

hey ladies just a quick post to say that I have weighed in this morning & have lost 6.5lbs!!!! I have no idea how as I was expected a sts or a few pounds at most but I'm thrilled as that means I have passed the half way point now!! Also got my 4 1/2 stone shiny which was nice too. Soo soo pleased that I made the decision to restart 10 weeks ago... roll on the next 10 weeks!!

That's incredible! You must be so thrilled!

Well done. You must be shining :) So glad for you

My WI was nice too , 3.5 lbs off this week and got myself under 18 stones =) 17 st 12 , total loss 6 st 4,5 pounds =) Happy happy happy

Back