From Plus size to Princess!!

I did take my measurements but believe it or not the dont change , lol - must be how I use measuring tape =) I have gear I want to fit in and thats more useful then measuring tape =)
sad thing is that for two days now I have gained weight , dont know why as I was on plan , eating really good, doing my workouts but have 1,3 kg gain ;( My WI is on Saturday and Im not sure if I can drop the weight by that time. Oh well - will do my best anyway
Here is some photos of my chef whites that was custom made for me and apron that could not be tied up in front as the apron strings were "too shorts "
View attachment 155950View attachment 155951View attachment 155952View attachment 155953

OMG hun that is amazing!!!!!!!! You must be soo proud of yourself & what you have achieved so far!!! Clothes are as good a goal as any. I have a few things lurking in my wardrobe that I cannot wait to get back into too. My memories of wearing these things were always so positive because I felt soo good when I did. I remember the first time I done SW buying a dress that was a size 12 long before I was anywhere near a size 12 & the dress being my goal... I still have that dress & I'm still a lot way off squeezing into it never mind it fitting.

Dont worry about the scales showing a small gain. Its because your muscles are probably tired & sore after the exercise so are holding water in order to repair & recover. This will level out though once you body gets used to it & then the scales will catch up.

Wow I still cant get over your pics..they are amazing!!!!

OMG hun that is amazing!!!!!!!! You must be soo proud of yourself & what you have achieved so far!!! Clothes are as good a goal as any. I have a few things lurking in my wardrobe that I cannot wait to get back into too. My memories of wearing these things were always so positive because I felt soo good when I did. I remember the first time I done SW buying a dress that was a size 12 long before I was anywhere near a size 12 & the dress being my goal... I still have that dress & I'm still a lot way off squeezing into it never mind it fitting.

Dont worry about the scales showing a small gain. Its because your muscles are probably tired & sore after the exercise so are holding water in order to repair & recover. This will level out though once you body gets used to it & then the scales will catch up.

Wow I still cant get over your pics..they are amazing!!!!

=) thank you
I do hope its because of water - it better be as I have award waiting for me , my name on it and all , lol
I just want to get it so much :)

=) thank you
I do hope its because of water - it better be as I have award waiting for me , my name on it and all , lol
I just want to get it so much :)

I would be pretty sure thats what it is when you say you have just joined a gym. Drink lots of water between now & saturday morning & fingers crossed you should be fine & that award will be yours!!!!!!

It's good to see you Destamia :) You are doing so well, and the photos show that! Nothing I can add to what Dance Mum has said, except that I agree with her.

3.5lbs off tonight, and Slimmer of the Week! Very pleased, and I was left in shocked when told I was SotW. My best loss in ages, and I now feel so motivated :)

It's good to see you Destamia :) You are doing so well, and the photos show that! Nothing I can add to what Dance Mum has said, except that I agree with her.

3.5lbs off tonight, and Slimmer of the Week! Very pleased, and I was left in shocked when told I was SotW. My best loss in ages, and I now feel so motivated :)

Well done and congrats =) so 3 in 1 today =) keep going - great results

and thank you =)

Ladies I just had to share this with someone ..... I am now wearing a size 18 in jeans & not only do they fit but they actually are comfortable!!!! I can even bend over in them without splitting a seam!!!! lol I'm now starting to wear some size 16's in tops too!!! It was Destamia's post yesterday that encouraged me to try them on as I had a pair lurking in my wardrobe!!!!! lol

Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning too & they are looking good so fingers crossed they don't turn against me overnight before weigh in first thing.... I sooo want that 4 stone shiny!!!!!

Ladies I just had to share this with someone ..... I am now wearing a size 18 in jeans & not only do they fit but they actually are comfortable!!!! I can even bend over in them without splitting a seam!!!! lol I'm now starting to wear some size 16's in tops too!!! It was Destamia's post yesterday that encouraged me to try them on as I had a pair lurking in my wardrobe!!!!! lol

Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning too & they are looking good so fingers crossed they don't turn against me overnight before weigh in first thing.... I sooo want that 4 stone shiny!!!!!

congrats - best feeling ever to get into smaller size =) when is your WI ? and how much you missing from 4 st award ?

congrats - best feeling ever to get into smaller size =) when is your WI ? and how much you missing from 4 st award ?

Thanks hun. I weigh in tomorrow morning & I need to lose a minimum of 4lbs to get my 4 stone shiny... If the scales dont change between today & tomorrow I might get it by the skin of my teeth x

Thanks hun. I weigh in tomorrow morning & I need to lose a minimum of 4lbs to get my 4 stone shiny... If the scales dont change between today & tomorrow I might get it by the skin of my teeth x

same as me then =) My class starts at 11 , cant wait to get my new award :)

Hey! I'd really like to join if that's okay. I have alot to loose and it can be so daunting even on the most positive of days.

I have many really great reasons to lose weight for myself. Yet none of them seem to keep the fire of willpower alive. But this time I think I'm really ready to do it. Something is different this time.

I weighed in yesterday at 21st 9lbs. Meaning I have 11+ stone to lose.

My working life can be really overbearing at times and doesn't help my dreaful food choices and eating patterns. I own a bakery.... but I don't eat any of the bread,cakes or pastries. They have the opposite effect on me. They make me not want to eat while working and I work 12/13 hour shifts 6 to 7 days a week. My problem is I starve for maybe 20 hours a day during work and then sleep then pig out when I get in at 11pm as I'm no longer around the smells. I come home late and exhausted and reach for massive takeaway and junky snacks and really sugary drinks.

But I'm a great cook and need to get more organised and stop making excuses. I've had a couple of days off so I can get myself organised and catch up on house work.

But I've felt alot better today just after eating right for one day.

Anyway I'm sorry to waffle on but there's a little bit of background but I also have alot more to tell but I'd love to join if you would have me? I understand everyones journey is difficult but as I have so much to lose it just makes it an even bigger task to undertake and I would love to chat with people who are also facing losing a bigger amount.

Hey! I'd really like to join if that's okay. I have alot to loose and it can be so daunting even on the most positive of days.

I have many really great reasons to lose weight for myself. Yet none of them seem to keep the fire of willpower alive. But this time I think I'm really ready to do it. Something is different this time.

My working life can be really overbearing at times and doesn't help my dreaful food choices and eating patterns. I own a bakery.... but I don't eat any of the bread,cakes or pastries. They have the opposite effect on me. They make me not want to eat while working and I work 12/13 hour shifts 6 to 7 days a week. My problem is I starve for maybe 20 hours a day during work and then sleep then pig out when I get in at 11pm as I'm no longer around the smells. I come home late and exhausted and reach for massive takeaway and junky snacks and really sugary drinks.

But I'm a great cook and need to get more organised and stop making excuses. I've had a couple of days off so I can get myself organised and catch up on house work.

Anyway I'm sorry to waffle on but there's a little bit of background but I also have alot more to tell but I'd love to join if you would have me? I understand everyones journey is difficult but as I have so much to lose it just makes it an even bigger task to undertake and I would love to chat with people who are also facing losing a bigger amount.

Welcome and good luck on your journey. What diet are you on and do you have diary here ?

Welcome and good luck on your journey. What diet are you on and do you have diary here ?

Thank you destamia. I'm doing EE mainly but will switch it up with some red and green days in the future.

I only have a food diary at the moment. I'll be waiting till I have more posts and then I'll open a diary in the silver sections as I don't want too much personal info to be able to be googled and that section is for memebrs with over 500 posts I believe. I've been on minimins before and I've done SW before and was succesful but never stuck with it and always fell off the wagon.

same as me then =) My class starts at 11 , cant wait to get my new award :)

Good luck hun... lets bring on these awards!!!!!!

Welcome hun. I can totally relate to everything you say. I make cakes for a living (albeit part time) & I was the same. To be honest I dont even like cake anymore!!!! lol I totally get the not eating all day & then making bad choices late at night.. that was me too. This is my second time doing slimming world as well... last time I fell off the wagon with 1 stone left to go & ended up back to square one... Like you say.. your head needs to be in the right place. This time I'm a bit more chilled out about the whole thing & not putting myself under pressure coz even if I dont make an ideal choice at times I think to what choice I would have made before & how much worse that choice would have been. Good luck with your journey hun & we are all here for support when you need us x

Very well done hun!! That is a fab achievement! So happy for you :) My fingers are crossed for your weigh in tomorrow!

Welcome to the thread SarahLou :) This thread has kept me going over the last few weeks, so I look forward to reading your posts :) I know what you mean about being ready. After far too many years of dieting and being over-weight, I am finally at point where I can actually do this! Good luck on your journey, and you will get all the support you need here :)

Welcome to the thread SarahLou :) This thread has kept me going over the last few weeks, so I look forward to reading your posts :) I know what you mean about being ready. After far too many years of dieting and being over-weight, I am finally at point where I can actually do this! Good luck on your journey, and you will get all the support you need here :)

Thanks Elanor. I'm so sick of being exhausted and ill all the time. And 60% of the things wrong with me would go away/ get a million times better if I wasn't overweight. I always thought if I did something naughty then I'd write the day off, then the week. And I would gain and not restart. Whereas if I had just done the naughty thing I would of still lost that week. It's definitely my mind set that has changed. I don't care if it takes 10 years or I lose 2lb a month. It's still better than being in pain and agony.

I need to start living not just surviving :)

5lbs off for me this week which meant I got my 4 stone shiny with 1lb to spare!!!! JUst 1lb off reaching my half way point & 2lbs off club 20 though I'm not hopeful of reaching them next week as I have a big family meal out tomorrow so I'm just aiming not to gain hopefully!!

Thanks Elanor. I'm so sick of being exhausted and ill all the time. And 60% of the things wrong with me would go away/ get a million times better if I wasn't overweight. I always thought if I did something naughty then I'd write the day off, then the week. And I would gain and not restart. Whereas if I had just done the naughty thing I would of still lost that week. It's definitely my mind set that has changed. I don't care if it takes 10 years or I lose 2lb a month. It's still better than being in pain and agony.

I need to start living not just surviving :)

That is a good way to think. It is definitely easier to lose weight once your mind is set to do it. I used to say to myself, "I'll start tomorrow" but of course tomorrow never came! Just all that bad food! But now I have got myself in a good place, which makes it easier to feel good about losing weight. I have had many bad days since starting SW, but I am getting much better at drawing a line under it and moving on. I had a big pepperoni pizza and a bottle of wine last weekend, but I still lost 3.5lbs! Treats work for me, otherwise I would feel rubbish that I couldn't have what I want, and end up just eating badly everyday, instead of once a week.

Back