From Plus size to Princess!!

Welcome and good luck :)
I do keep food diary - but not on paper. I keep it in here, in my weight loss diary. I make photos of every meal I have ( unless Im too hungry amd forget to take photo, lol ). That way I can go back and see what I had.

I told you that I will do SE this week :) So far so good, today I hit 18 st mark 18 st and 13 pound. God it felt good. All this month it have been so slow. Im so happy to get my weight moving again. And cant wait for Saturday to see how well Inhave done, lol - pls dont tell my consultant that I weight every morning. I know I should not, but I does keep me on track :)

Todays lunch
Liver stew with big salad and pasta :) feeling good
View attachment 151214

I have a diary on here, but I keep forgetting to update it, I seem to stick with it if I write it down. I do like the idea of taking photos, I may have to steal that :)

Well done on getting to the 18s! That's fab :) As for the weighing, everyone is different, and if it works for you then that can only be a good thing :)

I just have a normal diary in here where I ramble on a bit & write down what I have eaten throughout the day when I remember. Last time I done SW I wrote down everything which was great then but I found myself thinking about food too much (actually all of the time) & also beat myself up if I went off plan so I'm trying a much more relaxed approach this time (hence the reason I ran out of fruit for my breakfast this morning.... too relaxed!!!! lol) I know I probably need more variety but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it coz the way I am looking at is that compared to this time last month I'm doing great. In saying that I do look forward to reading everyone ideas for lunches & dinners :)

I hope I don't start thinking about food too much :) But I think a relaxed approach is good way to go about it, instead of stressing over everything. For now I am going to keep my diary to help me get 100% back on track, and then see how I go.

I hope I don't start thinking about food too much :) But I think a relaxed approach is good way to go about it, instead of stressing over everything. For now I am going to keep my diary to help me get 100% back on track, and then see how I go.

The diary is good to be able to look back on especially if you do hit a plateau. You can look back & see what you were eating on a week that you had a good loss & maybe use that weeks meal plan to see if it helps. I know though sometimes you can have a really good week & not get the loss you deserve too but everything is worth a try. I know a friend of mine said that by writing it down it stopped her having anything she shouldnt coz she would have to write it down!!

How are all you lovely ladies getting on this week & what is everyones weigh in days??

I think a diary is a good way to keep me disciplined, other wise I will stray, which is why I am over-weight in the first place, no self control.

Today is 3rd day on plan, so week is going well so far :) Just need to keep going with it! Weigh-in is on Thursday, I am dreading it this week after my 2 weeks of not being on plan all the time. I didn't go to weigh-in last week as it was my birthday, but this week I know that no matter what I will have to put myself through IMAGE Therapy, no matter how awful it is.

How are you getting on this week?

I think a diary is a good way to keep me disciplined, other wise I will stray, which is why I am over-weight in the first place, no self control.

Today is 3rd day on plan, so week is going well so far :) Just need to keep going with it! Weigh-in is on Thursday, I am dreading it this week after my 2 weeks of not being on plan all the time. I didn't go to weigh-in last week as it was my birthday, but this week I know that no matter what I will have to put myself through IMAGE Therapy, no matter how awful it is.

How are you getting on this week?

I'm sure you will be fine. Whatever way you look at it is its a line drawn under & you have had 3 good days so you never know. Apart from a chinese takeaway on Sunday evening all has been good with me. I have to admit I am more conscious of portion sizes this time than what I was last time & this week I'm not as hungry as I was the first couple of weeks... I actually forgot about lunch today & ended up having a late one!! I havent had a peek at the scales yet this week but might do tomorrow morning!!! lol

I'm sure you will be fine. Whatever way you look at it is its a line drawn under & you have had 3 good days so you never know. Apart from a chinese takeaway on Sunday evening all has been good with me. I have to admit I am more conscious of portion sizes this time than what I was last time & this week I'm not as hungry as I was the first couple of weeks... I actually forgot about lunch today & ended up having a late one!! I havent had a peek at the scales yet this week but might do tomorrow morning!!! lol

I'm not too worried, I am expecting another gain, but then hopefully things will balance out next week. Sounds like you are doing really well :) And the it is important to have treats like a Chinese, I for one hate feeling deprived, and that is one thing that has been my downfall when I have tried to lose weight before.

Hi my weigh in day is wednesday morning think i'm going to have a gain this week hoping for sts, 0.5lb loss would be nice, had a crap week, started off craving chocolate wed/thur counted the syns they came up to 35, don't have star week but still have the craving, then friday and today had my dog tilly at the vets so been picking, she going to have a small op next week on her mouth, nose and she has a infection on her private parts due to her annul glands being full and swollen which they are going to sort out.
I use to write everything down but i just write down the syns and on the subject of scales i do weigh myself everyday which is not good but i can't help it. xx

Last edited:
Hi my weigh in day is wednesday morning think i'm going to have a gain this week hoping for sts, 0.5lb loss would be nice, had a crap week, started off craving chocolate wed/thur counted the syns they came up to 35, don't have star week but still have the craving, then friday and today had my dog tilly at the vets so been picking, she going to have a small op next week on her mouth, nose and she has a infection on her private parts due to her annul glans being full and swollen which they are going to sort out.
I use to write everything down but i just write down the syns and on the subject of scales i do weigh myself everyday which is not good but i can't help it. xx

Aww Jane I hope your dog is ok. I love my little fur babies & hate it when they are poorly. Will keep everything crossed for your weigh in tomorrow

Well I had a wee sneaky mid week peek at the scales & they are showing a 5lb loss..... I would be delighted with that on saturday morning but would really love to see if I could get even another 0.5 to push me into the 18's!!!!! Might try to double my green tea to 4-6 cups a day!!! lol I'll try anything!!!!!

Hi my weigh in day is wednesday morning think i'm going to have a gain this week hoping for sts, 0.5lb loss would be nice, had a crap week, started off craving chocolate wed/thur counted the syns they came up to 35, don't have star week but still have the craving, then friday and today had my dog tilly at the vets so been picking, she going to have a small op next week on her mouth, nose and she has a infection on her private parts due to her annul glands being full and swollen which they are going to sort out.

Sorry to hear about your pet. Hope everything will be fine and she will be happy again.

Dont worry about going off for moment. We all do ( I did yesterday) -
When lifes gets to us. Im emotional eater. Can eat a lot - I mean a lot of food. Without feeling full. Then feeling sick of the amount I had , and will have some more.
This was old me- year or two ago me. But I can do it.
Yeaterday I had nice beef grillsteak. Im not english and english is not my first or even second langure - grillsteak meant strak for me. Not minch steak. I had one before I looked at syns. ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1409142757.619529.jpg
And it was so good. I was in heaven until i looked up syns. 20,5 syn for one steak :( add all other things I had - syns worth for 2 days. :(
And later after work ( bad day) i eat half of pack candys.
At least pack is empty now and im relaxed :)
What i want to say is life happens. We learn every day and we should smile. I am. It was hard day and lessons to learn but Im happy and dont feel that I have faled ( too much :p )

Sorry to hear about your pet. Hope everything will be fine and she will be happy again.

Dont worry about going off for moment. We all do ( I did yesterday) -
When lifes gets to us. Im emotional eater. Can eat a lot - I mean a lot of food. Without feeling full. Then feeling sick of the amount I had , and will have some more.
This was old me- year or two ago me. But I can do it.
Yeaterday I had nice beef grillsteak. Im not english and english is not my first or even second langure - grillsteak meant strak for me. Not minch steak. I had one before I looked at syns. View attachment 151449
And it was so good. I was in heaven until i looked up syns. 20,5 syn for one steak :( add all other things I had - syns worth for 2 days. :(
And later after work ( bad day) i eat half of pack candys.
At least pack is empty now and im relaxed :)
What i want to say is life happens. We learn every day and we should smile. I am. It was hard day and lessons to learn but Im happy and dont feel that I have faled ( too much :p )

It does look yummy though & technically not your fault as you thought it was something else!! Anyway you have had lots of good days to counteract that bad day!! I know what you mean though about not being able to relax until the pack is empty!!! I have avoided all sweets & chocolates for that very reason!!! lol It doesnt help that my husband can eat anything & not put on weight!!! Very frustrating!!

Hi lost a 1lb this week really thought i would of put on this week due to the week i had last week, vets rang today tillys bloods came back clear so no worries there but they still want to see her tomorrow or monday to check her nose and mouth before the op, but apart from that tilly is fine still not really eating hard food just soft meat, me, i made the stuffed peppers out of this months mag i got on wed, didn't really like them but going to try and make the fishcakes next week, up to now food wise doing ok, last week think it was a blip ** week thing not that i have them anymore because i am 54.

Hope everyone is ok, and you all had a good week xx

1 lb loss is still 1 lb loss after all you had hard week :)
Let us know how the fishcakes turn out :)

Hi lost a 1lb this week really thought i would of put on this week due to the week i had last week, vets rang today tillys bloods came back clear so no worries there but they still want to see her tomorrow or monday to check her nose and mouth before the op, but apart from that tilly is fine still not really eating hard food just soft meat, me, i made the stuffed peppers out of this months mag i got on wed, didn't really like them but going to try and make the fishcakes next week, up to now food wise doing ok, last week think it was a blip ** week thing not that i have them anymore because i am 54.

Hope your kitty is on the road to recovery. I know I would hate to see my cat like that. Well done on the loss, especially after the past week :)

I like the look of the fishcakes, and I am definitely going to try the bacon and pea risotto. Some lovely looking recipes in this months mag.

I had weigh in today, lost 0.5lb which I am very happy with, I was convinced I was going to gain. Now I can look forward to next week, hopefully I will have a bigger loss after being back on plan for a few days longer.

Congratulations on your loss Jane & glad to hear about Tilly too x

Hope your kitty is on the road to recovery. I know I would hate to see my cat like that. Well done on the loss, especially after the past week :)

I like the look of the fishcakes, and I am definitely going to try the bacon and pea risotto. Some lovely looking recipes in this months mag.

I had weigh in today, lost 0.5lb which I am very happy with, I was convinced I was going to gain. Now I can look forward to next week, hopefully I will have a bigger loss after being back on plan for a few days longer.

Congratulations Elanor x

Ladies this is the first day since I started SW that I actually am sitting here feeling starving!!!!!! I am determined to resist though but am putting it down to having no carbs today. I suppose you could say I done a red day by accident. I had a lovely omelette for tea which I really enjoyed & it really filled me up at the time but it hasnt really kept me full. I know there are things I could snack on & I still have 6 syns but I really dont want to eat anything in fear of jeopardizing my loss when I WI on Saturday morning!!! Crazy I know :(

Ladies this is the first day since I started SW that I actually am sitting here feeling starving!!!!!! I am determined to resist though but am putting it down to having no carbs today. I suppose you could say I done a red day by accident. I had a lovely omelette for tea which I really enjoyed & it really filled me up at the time but it hasnt really kept me full. I know there are things I could snack on & I still have 6 syns but I really dont want to eat anything in fear of jeopardizing my loss when I WI on Saturday morning!!! Crazy I know :(
Iknow how you feel - but you should not be starving. SW works when you eat. Any time you feeling hungry. If you dont want something else, take fruit - or yogurt if you have. Have a cup of tea and take slice of bread if you want - you have 6 syns - use it. Dont go hungry hun- there is no need to be hungry =)
My WI is saturday morning too, good luck =)

Iknow how you feel - but you should not be starving. SW works when you eat. Any time you feeling hungry. If you dont want something else, take fruit - or yogurt if you have. Have a cup of tea and take slice of bread if you want - you have 6 syns - use it. Dont go hungry hun- there is no need to be hungry =)
My WI is saturday morning too, good luck =)

I'm sitting sipping some green tea with lemon coz I find it usually stops me craving food!!! Might have another cup & then head to bed. I was looking through my old food diary from when I did SW last time & I was definitely eating a lot more than I am this time but I sooo want to see a good loss on the scales. I have to admit that I have really watched portion sizes this time, probably more than I should.... maybe I need to lighten up a bit but its soo hard when you just want it off :cry:

You need to look at sw from new corner - like you doing it first time
Eat and eat and eat - thats how it works.. =) Dont be scared - as long as you on plan it will work - at least have a lot of fruit and veggies on side, to give you full feeling =) do not starve =) enjoy your journey

Back