From sphere to hourglass! Rake's 96lb Journey

Well done! :D

Congratulations! Thats a gresat loss, keep up the good work!

Hi , I wouldn't worry at all about a none loss week ....... It happens !!! If anything it can make you more determined for the week to come and I sometimes find that the coming week bring a decent loss which on my book levels your loss out . I'm a of believer of "perseverance is the key" never be harsh on yourself all that will do is undermine your self confidence . I think your steady weight loss of 2lb per week is ideal for long term success !!!!!! Keep going mate ...... Behind ye 100% have a great week , ken

hi hun hows the week going for you? hope all is good x

Thanks for the support guys :) Sadly this week I STS again... Gah. Thought I was doing pretty good. STS twice in the first four weeks is not very encouraging :/

Worse... think I got tennis elbow (probably overdid it on the weights) which is making level 2 of 30DS virtually impossible with all the plank moves :/ I really really don't want to stop now! But also don't want to injure myself any further. So I need to scale back somehow.

For something more positive... I was talking to my neighbour about my losing weight and apparently she has an exercise bike gathering dust. So I might be able to have that sometime soon :)

I hope you are all well x

Thanks for the support guys :) Sadly this week I STS again... Gah. Thought I was doing pretty good. STS twice in the first four weeks is not very encouraging :/

Worse... think I got tennis elbow (probably overdid it on the weights) which is making level 2 of 30DS virtually impossible with all the plank moves :/ I really really don't want to stop now! But also don't want to injure myself any further. So I need to scale back somehow.

For something more positive... I was talking to my neighbour about my losing weight and apparently she has an exercise bike gathering dust. So I might be able to have that sometime soon :)

I hope you are all well x

Hugs hun STS orthough a complete pain and can be alittle disheartening is still so much better then a gain! I'm sure the scales will catch up with you soon and show a great loss and dont forget to do your measurements as you are probably showing a loss in inches rather then onthe scales :D

Great news on the exercise bike, mine arrived this morning from argos at stupid o clock (7) ugg going to do my shread in a bit then build the bike woo hoo.

Keep up the great work hun you are doing awesome xx

I've decided to stop the Shred for now, until my elbow is 100% again :( Not happy I had to do it but I don't want a permanent injury! I'm having to wear a support bandage all day, can't really do anything at all otherwise. So, in the meantime I'm going to restrict my exercise to walking and (hopefully soon) the exercise bike. Bit bland in comparison but at least it'll keep me moving.

So munchy this morning it's ridiculous! Gahhh

I got the bike! BUT it needs some work before it's usable, at the moment it's got wires hanging out and the whole top half of the cover is missing! I've no idea where to get that from :confused: OH might have to rig something up for me, kinda scared to use it while the inner workings are bare! So it's walking only right now. My elbow seems better today so I'm hoping I'll be able to get back to the Shred this week. I'll definitely take it easier this time as far as weights go, even though 3lb weights don't seem like enough. May even do cans again to start with, just to be on the safe side.

Foodwise I've been doing mostly okay with occasional blips, they happen more often than I'm happy with but I refuse to let them get me off track overall. I'm determined that I will get to where I want to be and stay there!

I got the bike! BUT it needs some work before it's usable, at the moment it's got wires hanging out and the whole top half of the cover is missing! I've no idea where to get that from :confused: OH might have to rig something up for me, kinda scared to use it while the inner workings are bare! So it's walking only right now. My elbow seems better today so I'm hoping I'll be able to get back to the Shred this week. I'll definitely take it easier this time as far as weights go, even though 3lb weights don't seem like enough. May even do cans again to start with, just to be on the safe side.

Foodwise I've been doing mostly okay with occasional blips, they happen more often than I'm happy with but I refuse to let them get me off track overall. I'm determined that I will get to where I want to be and stay there!

Great you got the bike hope your OH can sort it out for you :)

Glad your elbow is feeling abit better and your thinking of getting back on the shred just take it easy and if you need to go to cans do it hun its better then not doing it at all and i know if it was me i'd be itching to get back to it lol

As for food hun we have a long journey ahead of us with many ups and downs to come the most important part is not letting it overcome us and you sound as if your not letting it with your determination! stay strong you can and are doing this xx

Great you got the bike hope your OH can sort it out for you :)

Glad your elbow is feeling abit better and your thinking of getting back on the shred just take it easy and if you need to go to cans do it hun its better then not doing it at all and i know if it was me i'd be itching to get back to it lol

As for food hun we have a long journey ahead of us with many ups and downs to come the most important part is not letting it overcome us and you sound as if your not letting it with your determination! stay strong you can and are doing this xx

Oh man yes I hate it every day that I can't do it!! LOL I never thought I could say it about any exercise but it's soooo addictive, I think it's because of the quick results, that just motivates you so much doesn't it. Really being overly keen is what got me into this spot I think, as I continued for a couple days even despite the pain, probably made it worse than it might have been. Silly me!

The bike is functional and... I can't go more than 5 minutes at a time LOL. How pitiful :p So far today I've done two sessions of that and the 1 mile walk, I think that may well be it...

I have a new goal! My parents have invited OH and me to join them on holiday in Spain mid-May. We haven't yet seen each other this year and they don't know I'm losing weight, so I want to really surprise them. Not to mention there may be swimsuit weather! Ideally I'd love to fit back into my size 16 jeans by then, although I don't know how realistic that may be. It's only 3 months away!

The bike is functional and... I can't go more than 5 minutes at a time LOL. How pitiful :p So far today I've done two sessions of that and the 1 mile walk, I think that may well be it...

I have a new goal! My parents have invited OH and me to join them on holiday in Spain mid-May. We haven't yet seen each other this year and they don't know I'm losing weight, so I want to really surprise them. Not to mention there may be swimsuit weather! Ideally I'd love to fit back into my size 16 jeans by then, although I don't know how realistic that may be. It's only 3 months away!

Yay about the bike, 5 minutes is 5 minutes more movement then before you had the bike hun every little helps, try to add a minute each day or every other day and before you know it you will be there for ages :D also check that you havent got the tension to high. I find on mine i start at 3 then after 10mins go to level 5 for 5 mins and then bring it back to level 3.

A lovely goal to aim for sunny spain :D I think you will be able to get nearly 2 stone off by then hun keep positive and keep that swimsuit image in your head lol and the jeans are you in a size 18 at the mo? You will smash it hun 3 months has got to be a stone and a half fingers crossed . xxx

Nah it's size 20 for me right now... starting to feel quite loose though. Had a 2lb loss last week :)

Last edited:
Nah it's size 20 for me right now... starting to feel quite loose though. Had a 2lb loss next week :)

Have faith hun im sure your going to get in the size 16's, and well done great loss your doing fab xx

I'm back to the Shred! Woohoo! I haven't quite figured out whether I'm starting from scratch again or hopping right back in. Yesterday level 1 was ok, today I'm going to try level 2 and see if my elbow can handle it and if my stamina hasn't fallen too far behind during the break. I hope not, I've been walking and/or pedalling every day.

Thanks for your support muppet :) I appreciate it a lot! Now to catch up with your adventures :)

I'm back to the Shred! Woohoo! I haven't quite figured out whether I'm starting from scratch again or hopping right back in. Yesterday level 1 was ok, today I'm going to try level 2 and see if my elbow can handle it and if my stamina hasn't fallen too far behind during the break. I hope not, I've been walking and/or pedalling every day.

Thanks for your support muppet :) I appreciate it a lot! Now to catch up with your adventures :)

Woo hoo well done hun great news :D feels good doesnt it lol I've decided that im going to do the rest on level 1 and then go to the level 2 for the next 30 days and then level 3 after that. I dont want to give it up when i have so far to go and hopefully by the time i get to the end of the whole 90 days i'll feel like i can do it all again lol.

Keep up the awesome work your doing great hun xx

So here I am nearly 2 years on. My injury was still there and so it was a great excuse to drop off the wagon... So much so that I've added 6lbs to my starting weight :mad: I really hope I can make a better go of it this time round. I just started C25K, although it was tempting to give up halfway through and I felt I was dying, I actually made it all the way through the first one :) I'd like to go back on the Shred too, cause I really enjoyed it, but I'm scared I will injure myself again. I don't know what I did wrong last time but I was in a lot of pain for weeks.

hi well done for jumping back on it! what is C25K? i have struggled for the last few months and need a serious kick up the bum lol i am thinking about the 30 day shred. good luck on your journey

Back