Fruit....

Deezer

Gold Member
On my never ending quest to figure out what i should and shouldnt eat I've come across info of guidelines for sugar.... which apparently is little more than 1 banana a day..... that includes natural sugars as far as i know.....

So was just wondering if you limit your fruit intake??? I like to have a couple of small pieces first thing.... then a banana before Xfit but on MFP that take me well over my sugar for the day.....

Am i worrying too much about this??? As obviously fruit is 'clean' and from my organic veg box...... Or should i limit my fruit intake a bit more.....

*Confused*

If you're happy with your results then I don't see any reason not to carry on as you are. :)

Personally I am quite sensitive to the sugar in fruit so I try to keep to two portions max per day and stick to lower GI fruits except as a treat (grapes, mango) or on workout days (banana). I don't sweat it if i have a bit more on the odd day though. But that's just what works for me, we're all different. :)

Edit: if you follow the MFP forums you will see that their sugar allowance is notoriously low and people who eat a lot of fruit tend to ignore it!

Banana before a workout is fine, I thunk any trainer will tell you because your body uses that sugar straight away for energy and doesn't store it, same as after a workout your body uses sugar to replace glycogen stores.. my trainer had to make me eat some fruit before/after ny workouts cos I would get sick as I had a fear of sugar/carbs thanks to Dukan lol!

Plus I agre with Plum, low GI fruit & especially berries are good to stick to and have great nutrition and other benefits you need!

Thanks peeps.... just love having a bit before brekkie and then a nana before crossfit!!!

Just have to hide the dates and figs lol....

But i figure.... a few of them is better than devouring a massive box of chocolates lol....

Back