Frustrated by slower losses

I'm on my (mumbles) go on CD.

What I've discovered personally, is that whilst most of the time, I, and everyone else conforms to the 1stone a month guideline, there are times when I blow that out the water. No rhyme or reason.

One time I lost 1 stone in my first week, fantastic. no idea what I did different.
One time following SS, I PUT ON 3LBS. No idea how. Mighty peed off but no idea how.
Sometimes I'll stall, not lose as much in a particular week.

But it does seem to round itself out.

By God its frustrating. Shakes 3 times a day and the weights not moving and you have no idea why. Its depressing. But it does kinda even itself out.

Your metabolism doesnt really "die" the way people assume it does. Any diet you go on you lose 75% fat/25% muscle. Any diet. also your weight decreases so your energy requirements become less. However when you start to put weight on again, its at that same 75% fat/25% muscle ratio, as your body has to lay down new muscle to move your heavier frame around, so your energy requirement (metabolism) go up again.

Again, I'm not a CDC, but it sounds from my veteran dieters chair you're having an un satisfying time of it, and I'd recommend talking to your CDC :D GOOD LUCK!

Good news surfhunny. Keep going.

Lexie - I think the fat/muscle % has to be quite a general figure as the % will depend on people's %'s in the first place. Not sure if you are saying I am having a hard time but I've been fine for the last few weeks since I dropped down to SS+. My CDC was also away as I wrote in my post so I couldn't ask her for advice. Thanks anyhow though :)

Last edited:
I just meant I get the frustration as you sounded at a loss in your intial post.

The % thing was to address you metabolism concerns.

But at least you're sounding a bit more chipper.

Humm am i the only one who has a better loss this time round? First time i did LL and lost 3stone in 3months normally losing around 31/2lb a week. I had a restart last jan but couldnt even last a day so i dont count them restarts lol

This time round i have had amazing losses and lost 22lb in 4weeks which is amazing. I dunno i seem to be losing it faster this time around :D yay.

Good luck with your weight loss hun, i hope it picks up for you, but a loss is a loss and you should be very proud of what you have lost so far :D xxx

I've checked against my spreadsheets from other times and after my last weigh in at 6 weeks I've lost 1/2lb less than when I did it first time round ---- but on earlier weeks I'd lost more overall on cd --- think the diets are really the same and it's just how your body reacts/fluctuates.

Humm am i the only one who has a better loss this time round? First time i did LL and lost 3stone in 3months normally losing around 31/2lb a week. I had a restart last jan but couldnt even last a day so i dont count them restarts lol

This time round i have had amazing losses and lost 22lb in 4weeks which is amazing. I dunno i seem to be losing it faster this time around :D yay.

Good luck with your weight loss hun, i hope it picks up for you, but a loss is a loss and you should be very proud of what you have lost so far :D xxx
I wondered the weight loss would be faster on the 2nd and 3rd times because it was short term fat gain instead of the long term stuff I'd put on. I've no problems with the weight loss now. It's fine. And good for you your losses have been faster.

I've checked against my spreadsheets from other times and after my last weigh in at 6 weeks I've lost 1/2lb less than when I did it first time round ---- but on earlier weeks I'd lost more overall on cd --- think the diets are really the same and it's just how your body reacts/fluctuates.
Thanks Katie. :)

Only 1.5lbs this week but I'm a bit bunged up. It means I'm only averaging 11.5 lbs a month. I know it's better than a standard diet but annoying compared to the last two times.

It seems threatening my digestive system with Senakot worked.

I have a get together with some friends next weekend. I won't be eating. When I started CD, I was sure I'd be closer to goal than I am so part of me really isn't looking forward to going. My size 12 jeans still don't even fit, I'll hate all the photos taken and the last time I saw these friends, my 12s were baggy and I was about 6lbs lighter. My friends won't care what I look like but I'm disappointed.

There's a pride element also. Because of the joys of FB, a girl I don't like and an exbf (someone some of the girls don't know I dated) will see these pics too. Please hurry about weight loss. I'm sticking to the plan.

I've decided I'm going to start moving up the plans on March 25, still nearly a month away. I'm meeting a friend for lunch that day. I won't overindulge.

Back