Frustrated with no supply

hypno1

I'm getting really frustrated, never managed to get any at all since being prescribed and i'm only "allowed" to try my own chemist (in Scotland) so it's not like I can go shopping around all the chemists in the area or anything like that :(

Please don't lose heart hun. Xen is an assistant, but it is you who can and will lose the weight. This is a great time to prepare for the time you take xen. As you will know, you need to make changes to your diet, and get your head round a few new 'rules' for your food. Getting this all sorted before you get the xen is a great opportuity. You will minimise the chances of side effects in the futute, and you will likely lose weight without the xen. As we have to eat such a low fat diet on xen, most of the weight you lose is through changing your diet and exercise habits. When you eat little fat, there is not much for the xen to block. Some people plan to use slimfast like you, but alot of us have also been able to find yummy recipies that are within the rules. Could you use this time to get used to the rules and try some of the recipies? You will benefit in the meantime, and xen supplies are starting to return. Use that frustration to burn some calories trying a little exercise. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress x

Hi, They are coming back!! I called every pharmacy in Basingstoke last weekend and no-one has any.. I tried again this morning and found an independent Chemist with one box (which I now have posession of :)) - He said he has had them on order for months and got one box delivered on Thursday - so they must be releasing them be it in small allocations! Good luck xx

I can only really reiterate what Purplemum said & advise you try & eat to the rules now so when they do come back, & I firmly believe they will, you are already in the right way of eating. I know it is easy for me to say as I had them for the first 4 months of my journey but I haven't had any now for 5 months & am still losing weight every week. I think facing you are in it for the long haul as I have had to really helps you.. Orlistat is not a miracle drug it just assists you to eat the right things or face the wrath of tango lol!

Why can you only use your chemist? Do they have your script already or something?

Good Luck & I will keep everything crossed you get stock soon. I know they are coming back in as my friend has filled her script 2 months in a row now through a small Co-op chemists locally.

Thanks everyone, I am already eating healthy and slowly losing but obviously would prefer to have the orlistat aswell. My GP is very supportive and i'm still seeing him every 4ish weeks anyway for weigh ins and to help keep me on track. He suggested that if I could afford it I may want to try something called xls medical from boots in the meantime while waiting for orlistat if I feel I would prefer to take something extra. Has anyone ever tried that? It's good to hear that they may be back at some point, my chemist thinks Sept at earliest though :O I can only get at my chemist as my gp's practice is part of a small area and they put the address of the chemist on it that you have to collect from so I have to go to them. I'm in Scotland too so not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks everyone, I am already eating healthy and slowly losing but obviously would prefer to have the orlistat aswell. My GP is very supportive and i'm still seeing him every 4ish weeks anyway for weigh ins and to help keep me on track. He suggested that if I could afford it I may want to try something called xls medical from boots in the meantime while waiting for orlistat if I feel I would prefer to take something extra. Has anyone ever tried that? It's good to hear that they may be back at some point, my chemist thinks Sept at earliest though :O I can only get at my chemist as my gp's practice is part of a small area and they put the address of the chemist on it that you have to collect from so I have to go to them. I'm in Scotland too so not sure if that makes any difference.

That's great that you're already on the healthy eating. Have you read the stickies to get your head around the 5% rule and max 15g per fat at meals etc. I'm sure you have, but just incase, the advice is excellent in the stickies. Everyone is different, I would actually risk side effects at about 12g of fat in a meal! I've heard of XLS but looked around and the reviews seemed mixed. If you really feel you need something, and can afford it, then by all means...
But like Xen, unfortunately none of these things are a miracle pill. I'm convinced that my weightloss is about the diet I follow. The fear of Xen side effects are what keep someone like me on the diet!

I don't want to put you off, but I want you to know that you can do this no matter what. If you master the diet bit, you're well on the way.
Keep seeing your GP regularly for the weigh-in's, keep a food diary if you don't already - it's another good habit 'cos if you go on Xen you sometimes have to try and work out what foods give you side effects even though they seem in the rules. And keep in touch and let us know how you're progressing. You can deffo do it!

Back