Attack Frying/braising steak

Hello again! I bought some steak in tesco yesterday that was on offer, but it looks like frying steak (label just says "tesco steak !!). I would like to cook it with some flavour... can you use any stock at all ? (was thinking stick it in the oven with some mustard and some kind of stock and let it braise maybe?) Any ideas gratefully received !!!

You might get more responses putting these in the main part of the forum rather than the recipe section.

You could braise your steak. Stock is a funny one - it is meant to be low fat low salt cubes but they are nigh on impossible to find in the uk.

Hi. I'm on attack at the moment. My daughter lives in Germany...wonder if she can get salt free stock cubes ? ! For today have put the steak in the oven in foil and smeared it with some Dijon mustard and black pepper and a little water...will see what happens !

I have been using a little (a fraction of a tspn) miso for stock - but not sure how allowed this is. I have only been using it because I read on the official site that miso soup was acceptable in pv and pp.

might try the steak with mustard tonight!

The Knorr Vegetable stockpots (little pots of gellied stock) are supposed to be much lower in fat than traditional stock cubes; I'll check the label when I go shopping and report back!

Back