Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Frying steak

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Tinytootz, 26 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Tinytootz

Tinytootz Mini crazy cat lady

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Just got some frying steak out the freezer for tea tomorrow, but not sure what to do with it! I've had a scan about, and people seem to say you either flash fry it, or cook it slowly, else it is tough as boots. I kinda wanted to do steak and SW chips for tea, so the slowly doesn't really fit in.

So any tips would be great! Personally not a massive fan of steak, think I've had too many tough ones and it's put me off.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pixislim

pixislim Full Member

You have to use a really hot pan in order to seal it quickly to keep the moisture in. I use a griddle pan and heat it up til it is smoking slightly. If the steaks are really thin then a couple of mins each side should do the trick.

4. my_girl

my_girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had some for tea last night and I used my george foreman machine. A couple of minutes and they were lovely. We had ours with carrots, cauliflower, roasdt potatoes and a mushroom and onion sauce made with quark and creme freche (sp?).

It was yummy and the steak was very tender x

5. Tinytootz

Tinytootz Mini crazy cat lady

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Mmmm might try them on the George Foreman grill - it won't know what's hit it, 3rd night in use in a row!

Thankies :)

6. my_girl

my_girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ha ha, enjoy!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.