Total Solution Full of cold!!

gonabslim79

Keep sneezing and all bunged up. Usually I'd dose my self up with lemsip but I'm certain that's not good for ketosis!!

Anyone have any ideas what's good for a cold that won't effect the diet!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there,

I fully understand you not wanting to come out of ketosis but to be honest id be more inclined to tackle the cold with whatever it is you need to use.
Iv had the same dilema I got a very dry cough but it was a case of getting rid of it or feeling lousy for longer so i decided to fight it. Health comes first , sorry its not much use regarding what you could take. Just my perspective on it :)

Forget the diet while you are unwell. You need to get yourself better 'feed a cold, starve a fever.' Take whatever you need to get rid of it, drink plenty of fluid and hot soups...You can start over when you feel better :) x

Know the feeling hun, had a cold for about a week and a half and thought i was getting rid of it. Started with a nasty cough yesterday afternoon which is really hurting my chest and throat.

Agree with others who say treat the cold, the diet will be there when were feeling better.

Get well soon x

trulyteen said:
What about lemsip tablets instead of the drink? That should be ok.

Don't think they are sorry, saw it posted somewhere they aren't ok :(

I do agree that you need to look after yourself but also know that you dont want to break the diet if you can help it .... plenty of fluids and just paracetamol are the best thing to keep you on track , if you need more you are going to need to eat and take the meds , hope you get better soon x

Thanks guys, feeling a bit better today, it's mostly in my nose. Keep sneezing and runny nose.

Hopefully it will bog off soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I knw hw u feel, i got the cold, cough the wrks frm my 1st day of restart. I didnt give in though roughed it out & nw im on day 12. Still gt the nasty cough but feeling much better. Its tough but worth it. Use vapour rub & get a hot water bottle ;)
Get well sn :)

sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I would say, lots of aspirin/paracetamol, get some steam by putting your face over a bowl of hot water and a towel over your head, vicks rub, lots of hot water to drink, peppermint tea..... and hugs get better soon! SLEEP!!!! x

Ahh hope you feel better soon! Ive started with a horrible cough and sore throat this morning but been around hospitals and children lots over the weekend so not suprised.... :( ych a fi!

I took flu capsules and it didn't affect my weight loss, x

Back