Fummmmminnnngggg grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

What is it with people?!? You'd think that most people would realise that if you don't look like you need to be SW then the chances are you've lost a fair amount of weight and are going to class to get support, and support others.. I'm be more tempted to ask target members how they did it and take all the advice I can get than b*tch about them being there.

On that note- how exactly did you do it Alfsmummy - I'd love to know :)

kingleds said:
What is it with people?!? You'd think that most people would realise that if you don't look like you need to be SW then the chances are you've lost a fair amount of weight and are going to class to get support, and support others.. I'm be more tempted to ask target members how they did it and take all the advice I can get than b*tch about them being there.

On that note- how exactly did you do it Alfsmummy - I'd love to know :)

Erm i don't really have a secret just eat lots and lots of fresh fruit and if i want something i never deprive myself i actually think my body works better when there is a bit of rubbish to fuel it.

I love cooking and trying new this things. Im lucky as not a bread or milk lover

I saw myself and imagined myself being thin and went for it. Just believe u van do it xx

I just want to echo what everyone else has said really, we all know how hard it is to lose 1lb and everyones on the same journey at the end of the day, good on you for sticking to it, you pay(paid) (as at target b4 i get lynched by anyone LOL) your money and have as much right to be there as anyone else!! silly b***h!!!! If it was me she would have got a right mouthful and would have been too embarrassed to show her face there again!!

peachy7 said:
I just want to echo what everyone else has said really, we all know how hard it is to lose 1lb and everyones on the same journey at the end of the day, good on you for sticking to it, you pay(paid) (as at target b4 i get lynched by anyone LOL) your money and have as much right to be there as anyone else!! silly b***h!!!! If it was me she would have got a right mouthful and would have been too embarrassed to show her face there again!!

I still pay hun as im under my original target xx thanks for your nice words tho xx

Maybe you should get a tshirt made to wear to WI saying: Target! I'm an effing example, da**it!' Tongue in cheek, of course. :)

Maybe you should get a tshirt made to wear to WI saying: Target! I'm an effing example, da**it!' Tongue in cheek, of course. :)
Now that is a fantastic idea!

I remember when I was at Rosemary Conley, target members got a t-shirt emblazoned with 'target' on it... and most of them wore their t-shirts to weigh-in. I thought this was a really good way of pointing out to newbies that these were people who'd lost the weight and were people to admire. It stopped that horrible gut-reaction that I suspect many of us get that says 'why is that thin person here, they don't need to lose weight' - not an excusable reaction, perhaps, but we're only human!

I know it's hard to do, but try not to take that girl's comments personally - I suspect it was just her frustration and jealousy of your fine new figure talking!

who_la_hoop said:
I remember when I was at Rosemary Conley, target members got a t-shirt emblazoned with 'target' on it... and most of them wore their t-shirts to weigh-in. I thought this was a really good way of pointing out to newbies that these were people who'd lost the weight and were people to admire. It stopped that horrible gut-reaction that I suspect many of us get that says 'why is that thin person here, they don't need to lose weight' - not an excusable reaction, perhaps, but we're only human!

I know it's hard to do, but try not to take that girl's comments personally - I suspect it was just her frustration and jealousy of your fine new figure talking!

Thanks... She soon went quite when i told her lol xx

This happened again to me on Tuesday. Twice!!! First time someone who started at rhetorically same time as me commented quite nastily that she doesn't even know why i come. I told her ive been coming since June 10 and lost weight gradually. She was stumped as that's when she started and has lost and put back on week in week out 13lb. Then 3 new starters sat down and one said "you don't have an ounce of fat on you its not fair you being here!!!!!!" i wouldn't mind but she is a rejoin that i helped a few weeks ago. Thankfully tho my leader then interrupted her and said "well done Gemma on getting your 2 stone award and reaching target" made them clap and apologise. Then they was asking me for advice. Its unfair as they would never say to someone larger your too big to be here. I am proud of myself and don't need anyone to give me praise but why do people knock your confidence?? The way they was looking made me feel like a bloody freak show x

Thank you. I think i just take things to heart but some people and the way they say things to you are really hurtful. It took me a lot to get to target i wasn't born slim and after my son my tummy was horrid x

This is some kind of weird reverse bigotry. You'd think a group of people who had no doubt had comments made about their weight would never for one second make comments like this about someone. Aside from anything, if you think about it logically, why on earth would you go to a Slimming Club unless you had, or had had, a weight problem? Its just ridiculous!

kingleds said:
This is some kind of weird reverse bigotry. You'd think a group of people who had no doubt had comments made about their weight would never for one second make comments like this about someone. Aside from anything, if you think about it logically, why on earth would you go to a Slimming Club unless you had, or had had, a weight problem? Its just ridiculous!

I know. I don't dare to go now again i just can't stand people staring at me. Id rather just not have people thinkin ive got a problem or worse going to go to go"brag" that i am slim. Which i never have or would ever dream of. People who know me find me really helpful as im always sharing recipes and tips its just a certain few or newbies

If it was me (one day :)) I would explain to your consultant why you are no longer going and get her to explain in the meeting why you are no longer going to be there. Get her to remind these unbelieveably stupid people that they are subjected to discrimation and bigotry due to their size on a daily basis and that to then inflict that same bigoted double standard on someone who has been successful at losing weight is completely unacceptable.

Then turn up at the next meeting and see what happens. Don't let them stop you from celebrating your success x

Thank you. That's made me more determined to go. I don't think i would ever have the courage to do that but sounds nice in theory lol x

Back