FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

sarahrad said:
Good luck for the night shift, i think you are a saint!! I have just worked 11.30-8.30pm and thought i was hard done to but i have it easy compared to your night shift x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Aww thank you! The long shifts can be a bind (I work 12.5 hr days too) but I do have lots of days off as a result so don't feel sorry for me lol! X

Week 94- Day 6 (Sun)- Green- Working night 7.30-8am.

Early morning in work- Gave in to some more of Ang's chocolate cake grrwww!! (Est 10 syns- will just have to minimise syns for rest of day). 3 clementines.

After waking up/before work- Asda chickpea dahl, stirfried veg (from Co-op pack) and SW chips (cooked in Actifry). A peach.

Work food- Snack- Lushious lemon HIFI bar (HEXb1). 3 peanut M&Ms (1.5 syns). Main meal- 2 Quorn style lamb grills with Ainsley wild mushroom bulgar wheat (4.5 syns!) and stirfried veg (from Co-op pack). 4 clementines. A raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight.

Semi-skimmed milk in cups of coffee (part HEXa).

Total syns 16 and didn't use some of HEXa or 2nd HEXb (unintentional, just poor planning!)

Last edited:
Looks like you and I are sabotaging ourselves this weekend Heather! Not good for our challenge.

Looks like you and I are sabotaging ourselves this weekend Heather! Not good for our challenge.

Hmmm, well I've only had 68 syns for the whole week (one day I only had 2.5 and another day 5.5) haven't used HEXs some days (not good, and certainly not intentional, but does save syns) and had 2 really long walks (8-10 miles each). And also I had such little of the cake in work I intentionally overestimated the syns to be safe! I did kick myself for having it, but then again we are allowed syns last time I checked!! So I actually feel that I've been completely on track this week and will actually be really disappointed if I don't lose tonight!! :break_diet:XXX

Last edited:
8-10 miles EACH!!!! BLIMEY HEVS!!!!

If you dont lose tonight it will definitely be fluid retention!!! All that walking and night shifts!!

I just wanted to pop in and say good luck!! Gimme a text and let me know how you get on :D

xxx

Week 94- Day 7 (Mon)- Green- Day off/sleep day.

Early morning in work- Spicy Sweet & Sour Mugshot.

On waking up- Bowl of strawberries, kiwi fruit and peach.

Snack before WI- 2 Chocolate Weetabix (HEXb + 2 syns) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

After WI- Went to Toby carvery- Turkey, brocolli, carrots, cauliflower cheese (1 syn), peas, onion, 1 roast potato (2 syns), little gravy (3 syns).

At home- 3/4 Cadburys Wispa (gave some to dh! Couldn't stretch to 1/2 though lol! 7.5 syns- post WI treat!) An orange.

Total syns 15.5.

Total syns for week 83.5.

Last edited:
Soooo guys, I lost 1/2lb! It's in the right direction, so I'm not DISpleased, but I do feel that the effort I've put in has deserved a bigger loss!! And I feel like I've lost weight by my clothes etc!! Maybe it was the piece of cake afterall, but I'm genuinely convinced it's more to do with fluid retention after my night shifts! I weighed on my home scales today and they were showing 3lb up from friday before my nights, and nights always do it to me! Every cloud though.. having a small loss will keep me on my toes this week! I know how my mind works- if I'd had a big loss I would probably have relaxed a bit too much! This will keep me mega-focused for a good loss next week!! I'm feeling positive and in the zone!! XXX

You'll do it :) I go home in the mornings from nights and my tummy doubles in size and I get sock marks around my ankles from all the fluid. Nights just aren't natural at all. When you have a day off next go for another long walk and flush it all out :)

xxx

Thanks Ali!! Nice to have someone around who understands! Sometimes I feel like I'm making excuses for myself but nights really do cause retention!! Good advice too about walks etc XXXX

Well done Heather. A half off is a good loss after night shifts! So don't be too disappointed. At least it's in the right direction - unlike me. I feel even heavier today - still really bloated and I drank loads of water yesterday and had lots of melon. Oh well, back to basics today methinks.

Thanks Bev! Oh well don't let it get you down! You had a good time and this week lots of water, melon, superfree/superspeed and walking/swimming will reduce the bloat and get you a loss next week! I'm so focused right now it's unreal! My goal for next week is 2lb which will make me my lowest yet! X

Week 95- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa) and a sliced banana.

Lunch- Went to local pub- Cajun spiced hake fillet with jacket potato and roasted vegetables (allowing 10 syns for this as I think there was oil involved in the cooking).

Snack before choir- 1/2 tin baked beans with some brown sauce (1 syn). A few cherry tomatoes. 2 small plums and a small apple (all from neighbour's garden- not the baked beans though lol!)

After choir- Small helping of beef (rolled chuck) freshly cooked in slow-cooker with a small portion of SW chips cooked in Actifry with a little garlic-infused olive oil (1.5 syns- used 1 tbspn oil but ate 1/4 of the chips). Emphasis on small portion here as not that hungry after a big pub lunch! Some strawberries and a vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight.

Semi-skimmed milk in 3 cups of tea (part HEXa).

Total syns 12.5.

Week 95- Day 2 (Wed)- Green- Working 12.30-8pm.

Breakfast- 3 egg veg omlette (red onion, red and green pepper, green chilli, mushroom, courgette) with 28g cheddar (HEXa1). Brown sauce (1 syn).

Lunch in work- 28g Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEXb1) with sliced banana and 150ml semi-skimmed milk (part HEXa2).

Early tea in work- Wholemeal pitta (6 syns) with sliced slow-cooked beef (HEXb2) and salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, red pepper). 1 tbspn xl salad cream (1 syn). 5 small plums and a peach.

At home- Some beetroot. Fresh anchovies and a wholewheat Crackerbread (1 syn). A coconut/choc Mullerlight- tastes just like Malibu I reckon!

Total syns 9.

Last edited:
Its one of those days today and everyones diary that i look at makes me want that!!! haha

So far im having omlette, SW kebabs, fish in butter sauce and pasta bake hahaha

Your diary looks good sweetie, keep up all ur hard work!! xx

Its one of those days today and everyones diary that i look at makes me want that!!! haha

Well that all sounds lovely hun!! Some days I can't think of what to make and a lot of the time it's things thrown together!! I go through cooking phases!!XXX

Am i to blame for pasta bake and fish in butter sauce? hehe! xxx:rolleyes:

Week 95- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy.

Off to London today to Elstree Studios to see the Celeb Big Brother opening night tonight yaaayyyy!!!!!X

Breakfast- 3 egg veg omelette (cherry tomatoes, red pepper, green chilli and mushrooms) with 14g cheddar (1/2 HEXa).

Lunch- Tesco Spicy king prawn pasta salad (? 3 syns- no dressing!). Sushi (2 syns). A few plums and a peach.

Snack- Weetabix toffee Oatybar (HEXb).

Tea- After BB audience- Moroccan couscous salad with butternut squash (? syns but must be quite low!).

In services on way home- Cofffee with full fat milk (?1/2 HEXa)

Late night (3.30am)-Strawberry Activia fat free Snackpot.

Total syns unknown but not many!!! Actually ate light today as so busy at BB, queuing and not allowed to take food in with us!!

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! *said in a 5 year old girl whingy & kinda jealous voice*

You always seem to be off doing such brilliant things!!!!! Hope you have a good time!!! xxx

pesty said:
OOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! *said in a 5 year old girl whingy & kinda jealous voice*

You always seem to be off doing such brilliant things!!!!! Hope you have a good time!!! xxx

Ha! I don't really hun, just a run of things at the moment! Prob won't have anything else cool this year!! X

Back