FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 5- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy.

Brunch (had long lie-in!)- 3 egg omelette with onion, chicken, spinach, chilli and a little cheddar (14g- 1/2 HEXa). A vanilla/choc sprinkles/black cherry underlayer Mullerlight (2 syns).

3 baby clementines.

Tea- Potato, spinach and sage soup (red onions, garlic, potatoes, spinach, sage, veg stock). 1 slice wholemeal bread (HEXb).

Late evening- 28g porridge (6 syns) made with water & sweetener with a sliced banana.

Milk in cups of tea and coffee (1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 8.

Last edited:
Week 5- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Breakfast before work- 3 egg omelette with onion and mushrooms. 14g grated cheddar (1/2 HEXa).

Breakfast/lunch break all in one- Chicken salad with Baby Gem lettuce, red onion, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, sliced hard-boiled egg, Co-op wholemeal pitta bread (HEXb). 2 tbspns XL salad cream (2 syns). A toffee Mullerlight.

4 Viennese biscuits and a Welshcake!!!! Oopsydaisy (in region of 30 syns!!!!!!!!!- MAJOR PULLING BACK TO DO ALREADY- I DO ACTUALLY WANT A LOSS NEXT WEEK!!!)

Tea- Spinach, potato and sage soup (see yest).

At home after work- 1/2 Tesco Italian pasta salad (3 syns), a grilled salmon fillet, some mixed salad and a tomato.

Total syns approx 35!!! Will cut down by a few syns per day for rest of week!!!

Last edited:
Week 5- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy.

Brunch (had long lie-in!)- 3 egg omelette with onion, chicken, spinach, chilli and a little cheddar (14g- 1/2 HEXa).

Yay for the omelette! and why shouldn't you have a long lie-in? Nights last week followed by a day shift tomorrow and then more nights. Blurggggggg

Hugs Chica for tomorrow. Just visualise those ½ lb packs of butter that you are losing!!!!!!

Yay for the omelette! and why shouldn't you have a long lie-in? Nights last week followed by a day shift tomorrow and then more nights. Blurggggggg

Hugs Chica for tomorrow. Just visualise those ½ lb packs of butter that you are losing!!!!!!

Ha- glad someone understands Bev!!! :8855: Feel lazy sometimes having lie-ins, but actually I think it's the nature of shift work- you just have to catch up on sleep when you can!! I honestly don't know how people with babies and young children cope!! Just PMd ya!!X

So sorry about your gain Hevs, I fell into fish & chips yesterday so I'm not holding out much hope for WI either! Lets draw a line together and surge forward! :D

Days again tomorrow? I though you were back on nights hun.
Good luck - 12.5 hours on shift would drive me NUTS!!!!

So sorry about your gain Hevs, I fell into fish & chips yesterday so I'm not holding out much hope for WI either! Lets draw a line together and surge forward! :D

But let's face it Honey, you've had a pretty flawless run since you started!!! What's one meal of F&C in the grand scheme of things?!!;)XXX

Week 5- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Breakfast before work- 3-egg omelette with ham, mushrooms, onion and 14g grated cheddar (1/2 HEXa).

Work break 1- Grilled salmon fillet with 1/2 Tesco Italian pasta salad (3 syns) and mixed salad (mixed leaves, tomato, beetroot and sliced hard-boiled egg). 4 baby clementines.

Work break 2- Spinach, potato and sage soup (see Tues). A cherry Mullerlight. 1 baby clementine.

At home- Tesco Tutti Frutti fruit pack 300g (kiwi fruit, pineapple, mango, melon and grape). A chunk of Green & Blacks cherry dark choc (2.5 syns).

Total syns 5.5.

Last edited:
Days again tomorrow? I though you were back on nights hun.
Good luck - 12.5 hours on shift would drive me NUTS!!!!

Thanks Beverooni! Nah, did my 3 nights last week finishing Sun am, on long days this week with a one off night on Sunday! Boohoooooo!!! I'm only 34 and want to retire already lol!!:8855:XXX

:8855::8855: this bit made me chuckle lots

Morning Hev

hope today is a good one for you x

Hi hun, glad I provide you with entertainment lol!! :rolleyes: Well there's method to my madness when I say subject to change!! I have to take all my food for the day with me to work and don't always get the breaks I should, so some things aren't eaten, some things are eaten in a different order and sometimes (like today!) some things are eaten that shouldn't be eaten:break_diet:

Hope you've had a good day!!X

Thanks Beverooni! Nah, did my 3 nights last week finishing Sun am, on long days this week with a one off night on Sunday! Boohoooooo!!! I'm only 34 and want to retire already lol!!:8855:XXX
That won't be easy on what the NHS pays you fantastic nurses!
However, I know a great ENGLISH doctors surgery near us who would probably welcome a fully qualified nurse!
PS I decided at 35 that I needed to retire! And spent the next 15 years planning how to escape!

Week 5- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy.

Brunch (had long lie-in, recovering from 2 days of long shifts and preparing for another one tomorrow!)- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with sliced banana and 150 ml skimmed milk (2.5 syns).

Late lunch- Roast chicken (no skin) with 1 scoop of Maris Piper mash (Tesco ready made!- 1 syn), broad beans and sliced green beans. Tiny drop of gravy (0.5 syns). Grated 'Fiery cheddar' 28g (HEXa). 2 plums.

1 digestive biscuit (3.5 syns).

Tea- Homemade carrot, parsnip, BNS, red lentil and coriander soup, made with veg stock and also onion and garlic (big bowl...syn free....I HEART SOUP!!!)

2 oranges.

Total syns 7.5

Last edited:
Week 5- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy. Working 7.30am-8pm.

Early am before work- 4 Original Ryvitas (HEXb) with 2 sliced hardboiled eggs, ham and 2 Laughing Cow Light triangles (2/5 HEXa). (Ran out of eggs for my usual pre-work omelette but luckily had 2 hardboiled ones saved from a couple of days ago!)

Work break 1- Stirfried veg (from Co-op pack with added red and yellow peppers) with organic soba noodles and John West sweet Thai red chilli seared tuna fillet (1.5 syns). A blueberry Activia fat free yogurt (small pot). 2 plums.

Work break 2-Carrot, parsnip, BNS, red lentil and coriander soup (made yest). An apple.

At home- Some chips made in Actifry with e.v.olive oil- 1/2 portion (3 syns). Tomato ketchup (1.5 syns).

2 chunks of Green & Black's cherry dark chocolate (4 syns).

Milk in cups of tea (1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 10.

Last edited:
Hiya Heather - sorry not been around much today. Snoozy and sniffly again. :cry:

Hope tomorrow is okay and that you can have a nice relax for a few days after that!

Hey Bev, ooh deary, poor you! Hope you can rest up for a while! Do you still have changeovers going on in the villas or is it a quite period?

Unfort its not quite time off yet for me as working tomorrow night, sleep day Mon, off tues, long day wed, off Thurs, long day Fri, THEN off for 4 days, then 3 nights (thats all I know so far!) See how erratic my shift pattern is, or should I say LACK of pattern lol!

Good heavens chica, how on earth do you cope with those shifts?

Actually felt a lot better today after an 8 hour kip (apart from the obligatory loo wake) - could have something to with the large brandies last night before I went to bed! :8855:

Off to bed soon as I'm still very tired and still feel a bit washed out.

Good heavens chica, how on earth do you cope with those shifts?

Actually felt a lot better today after an 8 hour kip (apart from the obligatory loo wake) - could have something to with the large brandies last night before I went to bed! :8855:

Off to bed soon as I'm still very tired and still feel a bit washed out.

Aach, like anything, it's not so bad when you're in the swing of it! Sometimes I actually get a twisted kind of kick out of working lots! And it's good for confidence levels!X:D Glad you're resting and hope you feel better by the end of the weekend! Sometimes a large brandy is just the ticket!! I think one small sip and I'd be unconscious lol!!X

Back