FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Hey you, how's you? Doing fabulous with the weight loss I see - a massive well done hun xxx

Hey DD, aww thanks hunny, yes getting there! Some weeks seem so slow, but what's the rush eh?!! You're doing great too!! How weird we've both got 27 lb to go!! And Chrimbo is my target date too!!XXXXXX

Week 34- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3 egg omlette with herbs.

Work break 1- Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with fat free natural yogurt. 2 Alpen light summer fruits (HEXb).

Work break 2- Chicken fillets in Piri piri marinade (2 syns) with roasted veg (same as yesterday). Strawberry Mullerlight.

All went pear shaped! Nipped off to Asda to buy a feast for colleagues and myself and gorged on bad things!!! Estimated 30-40 syns for french bread, Wensleydale cheese (some of which HEXa), Pringles, Tortilla chips with bit of dip, cocktail sausages, Haribo Tangtastics, Toffee Crisp Clusters. Also strawberries, raspberries and cherries (the only angelic bit!!)

Estimated total syns 42!!

Last edited:
Week 34- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off!

Had mega-long lie-in!

1.30pm- Homemade potato salad (new pots, chunky ham, apple, gherkins, XL mayo, XL salad cream, mustard- 1 syn) with cherry tomatoes and mixed leaves. A few red and white grapes.

After WI (STS this week- bummmmerrrr!!) 2 Luscious Lemon HIFI bars (HEXb plus 6 syns).

Had a few chips in pub on way home (met dh and pals- 1/2 a bowl-?6 syns)

At home- 9.30pm- Chicken and veg curry (no accompliment). A summer berries Mullerlight.

Total syns 13.

Total for week-Approx 90.

Last edited:
Week 35- Day 1 (Tues)- Red day- Day off!

Brekkie- 9am- 3 Quorn sausages. Big bowl of strawberries, cherries and 2 sliced peaches.

Lunch- 1.30pm- Large slice of SW quiche (made with stirfried baby leeks, orange pepper, mushrooms, Quorn sausages, eggs, cottage cheese, chilli flakes, fresh coriander).

Tea- 6.30pm- Chicken salad- cooked chicken, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, wholemeal pitta (HEXb1). 1 tbspn XL salad cream (1 syn). Strawberry Mullerlight.

After choir practice- 9pm- Mint crunch HIFI bar (HEXb2).

Total syns 1.

Last edited:
Week 35- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-2.30pm.

Before work- 6.30am- 3 egg omlette with 28g cheddar (HEXa). Brown sauce (1 syn).

Work break-11am- Strawberries, blueberries and sliced peach (fresh) with Summer Berries Mullerlight. A banana.

After work- 2pm- SW quiche (Quorn sausages, orange peppers, leeks, mushrooms, chilli flakes, eggs, cottage cheese) with rocket and cherry tomatoes. A little balsamic vinegar. A little leftover homemade potato salad (1 syn for XL mayo, XL salad cream and mustard). Luscious lemon HIFI bar (HEXb).

Tea- 6.30pm- Chicken & veg curry (free) with Asda Thai savoury rice (1 syn). Orange/choc sprinkles Mullerlight. A peach.

9pm- 275ml bottle Beck's beer (5 syns).

11pm- 5 seafood sticks (peckish)!

Total syns 8.

Last edited:
Week 35- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Day off!

Brekkie-9am-2 egg omlette with 28g cheddar, 2 Quorn 'Sizzling Burgers' cooked in George Foreman (2 syns)- and also cherry tomatoes. Fresh chunks of pineapple.

Lunch- 2pm-Cold chicken salad (mixed leaves, cherry toms, spring onion, red pepper) in Wholemeal pitta (HEXb). 1 tbspn XL salad cream (1 syn). Fresh chunks of pineapple and a raspberry & cranberry Mulleright.

Supper (after choir practice)- 8.30pm- Large slice of quorn sausage and veg SW quiche. A Pink Lady apple and some red grapes.

Total syns 3.

Last edited:
Week 35- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Had a long lie-in!!

Late breakfast- 11am- White grapes and a Kelloggs Fibre Plus dark choc/almond bar (HEXb).

Lunch- 1.30pm- Roasted stuffed green pepper with couscous, veg, lemon juice. Quorn peppered steak. Salad with spring onions, cherry toms, sugarsnap peas, fresh mint and fresh sliced peach. 42g Feta cheese crumbled over the top (HEXa). Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns).

Went strawberry picking- ate in the region of about 20 strawberries!

A Minimilk (1.5 syns)

Supper- 10pm (been in pub!!) 2 salmon fillets, frylighted then finished under grill with roasted stuffed yellow pepper (couscous & veg) with 42g feta cheese (5 syns).

Total syns 8.

Last edited:
You are doing so well! I want to come and eat at your house! :D

You are doing so well! I want to come and eat at your house! :D

Aah bless you!! Actually I've had a slow few weeks, but I'm determined to carry on being as good as possible as hopefully I'll be rewarded next week, if not the week after, if not the week after that!! You're doing great yourself hun!! Do you like cooking?X

It's not that I don't "like" cooking...I'm just not very good at it! Hehe. OH used to do most of it but that's chips and pizza and all sorts of bad. I'm experimental with sauces these days and gradually trying more recipes out!

I'm gutted that I've got my second * in 10 days! TWO * weeks to contend with! So feeling bloated and ravenous at the moment. I was looking through your food menus and wanting to eat it all!

Aww, it's horrible when hormones and hunger get mixed together isn't it! I have times when I can eat loads and loads, which is the great thing about a plan like SW, you can still have a big plate of something if you're hungry and still stay on plan- no feelings of having 'blown it'!! I've got a big appetite- sometimes I wonder if it's why progress is fairly slow for me, but on the other hand I can't complain! I feel that I'm losing at a sustainable weight where I can still enjoy my food lots and not be exercising like a madwoman!!! Your 9lb in 3 weeks really is fab, I've already aired my opinion in my previous reply to your thread!! Don't rush things, you're doing just fine!! Doubling my average infact!!!XXX

I know, and I very much appreciate the support! It's hard being on a forum where some diets make you lose stones in weeks! It makes your head do the crazy. I have high hopes that mine (and all SW's) will maintain nicely once at goal!

I shouldn't grumble too much at * weeks. I have PCOS so never get *'s. Losing weight (even this little) is obviously having a good effect!

I think we underestimate the benefits weight loss (within healthy limits!) can have on our health! A lot of us (I'm guilty) do it for mainly aesthetic reasons- well we all want to look great! But I think we should think about our health too, not just now, but preventing problems in the future! Minimins is an amazing forum, but I've learned never to compare myself to others on here, whether on SW or other plans, because we have to do what works for us personally! I've been on here 8 months now and I've seen so many people losing weight at great speed, then falling by the wayside! Some of them may have just stopped coming on MM, but may well be keeping it off, but a lot of them come back with their tails between their legs because it just wasn't realistic for them to keep it off!! 'Slow and steady' is my new mantra!!LOL!X

Very true words!! Bedtime for me now!! Night night! x

I accepted! xx

Week 35- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off!

Breakfast- 10.30- Strawberries!!! Picked'm, now gotta get thru'm!!

Lunch-2pm- Kelloggs Fibre Plus dark choc/almond bar (HEXb). Crabstick and rice salad- crabsticks chopped and mixed with 2 tbspns reduced fat onion & garlic dip (3 syns), cold basmati rice, mixed leaves, cherry toms, sliced spring onions and red pepper. 1 tbspn xl salad cream (1 syn).

Snack 4pm- Vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight with a few sliced strawberries mixed in!

Tea- 7.30pm- Free range chicken breast (skin removed) with peas and steamed asparagus and baby carrots. A tiny bit of mash (approx 1 syn for butter) and a little chicken gravy (approx 2 syns).

2 Babybel Light and a little milk in tea (HEXa).

A few fresh pineapple chunks.

Total syns 7.

Last edited:
Back