FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Lol, yep, in Iowa I'm 6 hours behind you. When people from Europe say "football" I tend to guess "soccer," the game where you kick the ball covered in hexagons and try to make a goal without usng your hands? Haha, I may still be wrong!

6 hours behind!! So 7.30 pm!! Now I am realising just how late I am going to bed tonight!!! Must go up in a min!! No doubt hubby will wake me up when he gets home to tell me all his news and excitement! No rest for the wicked!

Yes, soccer it is indeed, but it is more frequently referred to as football here!! It is such a massive thing here in UK, financially and recreationally- it's taken very very seriously, as I suppose your own football/baseball games are! Wembley, where today's game took place, is in London! We live in Swansea, South Wales, so my husband is travelling home tonight (about a 4 hour drive, but probably longer because they are on a coach/bus!) It was very exciting because our team has gone up into the top league now and they haven't been up there for 30 years- so now they're up there in the same league that the likes of David Beckham and Wayne Rooney play in (I'm sure you've heard of those?!!)

Enough boring you with football/soccer! Do you attend a slimming class each week, or are you doing it on your own at home?X

Yes, American football and baseball are taken pretty seriously here, but I'm more into competitive swimming (michael phelps woo!). :D

Going to an athletic event such as that sounds very very exciting. :) My dad got to watch the Giants (baseball team) win the world series (on TV), and he's loved them since he was a small boy.

I'm not actually on Slimming World, I have just been trying to reduce my sugar/fat/starch intake and increase my veggies/whole grains/protein/fiber. :) Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't do well to go on an actual diet though, some of them sound very interesting. It's crazy how different diets have completely different rules, but people lose weight doing them still!

Week 85- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy (WAS going to be red but things went wrong today!!)

Breakfast- 3 egg smoked salmon omlette.

Lunch- On the go- just had a Mint Crunch HIFI bar (HEXb).

Snack from Tesco- Piri Piri chicken fillets (0.5 syns).

Went to The Swans victory parade in town (promoted to Premier League) and at the end of the evening ended up in Cosmo!! Big mistake as overindulged and have no idea what the syn damage was!! Calling this a flexisyn day!!

Not doing great so far, but still 6 days til next weigh-in!! Must pull this back!!!

Well done you! Such am inspiration. And so close to target! Woop woop! Xx

pesty said:
Hey huni!! Dont worry about the flexi syn day, its not always you get promoted to the premier league!!!

Hope your doing ok? xx

Ha Pesty that is very true!! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! All is not lost, I just need to be really careful now for the rest of the week! Hope you're good sweetie x

LittleSausage said:
Well done you! Such am inspiration. And so close to target! Woop woop! Xx

Thanks hun, dunno bout inspiration, but its lovely if people do feel inspired!! X

Week 85- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy (again, planned on red, but lack of organisation changed this!!) Working 12.30-8pm.

Brunch (had lie-in as very late night last night) 3-egg omlette with chicken (S) and red onion (S/SF). An orange (S/SF).

Tea in work- Sainsbury's Singapore noodles (ready meal) (9.5 syns!!! And it looked so innocent!!!) Contains some S/SF food!! An Activia fat free cherry Snackpot. Pre-prepared tub of Sainsbury's apple (S/SF), grapes (SF) and pineapple (S/SF).

1 small Cadburys 'Thank you' chocolate (1.5 syns).

At home- 28g porridge (HEXb) with 100ml skimmed milk (2/7 HEXa) and water. A Scanbran (rest of HEXb) with 1 Laughing Cow blue cheese Deli-Light (1/5 HEXa).

Total syns 11.
6 speed foods.

Skimmed milk in cups of tea (part HEXa).

Week 85- Day 3 (Thurs)- Red day- Working 7.30am-3pm.

Before work- 3 egg courgette (S/SF) omlette. Sweet chilli sauce (1 syn).

Work break 1- 28g porridge (HEXb) made with 100ml skimmed milk (2/7 HEXa) and water. Strawberries (SS/SF), raspberries (S/SF) and blueberries (SF). An Activia fat free raspberry Snackpot.

Work break 2- Tesco Piri Piri chicken fillets (0.5 syns) with salad (mixed leaves, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, red pepper- all S/SF). XL salad cream (1 syn) and balsamic vinegar. 4 baby easypeeler satsumas.

Tea- Roast beef with roasted mediterranean veg (S/SF). A whole punnet of cherries (S/SF).

M&S Turkish delight chocolate bar (11.5 syns).

Semi-skimmed milk in 2 cups of tea (small part HEXa).

Total syns 14.
9 speed and 1 superspeed foods!

Last edited:
Hi Heather, just thought I'd pop by to say hello. Wow - you're doing sooo well! You're almost there now - go you!

Didn't the Swans do well! I'm not a football fan but was dead chuffed at the news.

It's gonna be a hot one in Swansea today - 25c (77f) - whew!

Keep up the good work lovely - you'll be at target in no time! Dead proud of you!

krupskaya said:
Hi Heather, just thought I'd pop by to say hello. Wow - you're doing sooo well! You're almost there now - go you!

Didn't the Swans do well! I'm not a football fan but was dead chuffed at the news.

It's gonna be a hot one in Swansea today - 25c (77f) - whew!

Keep up the good work lovely - you'll be at target in no time! Dead proud of you!

Hey Zoe, not long to go now, and it is exciting, but I keep falling into the Cosmo trap! Have you tried it yet? It's soo yummy! Yeah the Swans have done the city proud! I would have loved to have gone to Wembley but I was on nights! But went to the victory parade in town and the atmosphere was electric! Brilliant! I am thinking of becoming a hooligan now!! You are doing great yourself on the old SW front! I just can't wait to get into the 10s now! It's very slow at the moment but I've been patient so far, another few months to target wouldn't be a disaster! In town now, it is indeed a hot one! Nice and cool in hairdressers though! I'm going blonder for the summer! x

Last edited:
Week 85- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy (was going to be red but chickpeas appeared in my salad in Pitcher & Piano, plus couscous crept into my tea!)- Day off.

Breakfast- 3 egg mushroom and red pepper (both S/SF) omlette. Reggae Reggae sauce (1 syn).

Lunch- In Pitcher & Piano- Grilled courgette (S/SF) and feta cheese (HEXa- don't think it was much more than 42g but this is a guess!!) salad with mixed leaves, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber (all S/SF), chickpeas. Dressing (?4 syns- it was very light but difficult to say!). Dessert (!!!!)- Jaffa cake cheesecake- this was a small slice- difficult to call really (?12 syns?!).

At home- Dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb).

In pub mid evening- Semi-skimmed latte (approx 250ml- 6 syns).

Late tea at home- Moroccan lamb tagine (cooked all day in slow cooker- adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe)- Lamb shanks, tomatoes, red onion, aubergine (all 3 S/SF), garlic, chopped dried apricots (0.5 syns), spices- cumin, coriander and ras el hanout. Served over couscous.

Total syns (estimated 23.5).
10 speed foods!

Last edited:
Oooh blonde - you gotta post a pic! I haven't been to Cosmo yet. Purposely trying to avoid it as I know I'll find the food yummy lol - chinese is my all-time fave!
Enjoy the weather - it's gonna rain tomorrow - booo!

Back