FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

You've taken that gain so well... and you're SO close to your target that, while it'd be awesome to get there asap, it's the home stretch now and you can afford to slow down and enjoy yourself. Like hubby said, you're maintaining all your fantastic work so far, and you should relish in the fact that it's just another 8lb! Yay!
And, cosign all the other posts... you look incredible in your new pic! xx

You've taken that gain so well... and you're SO close to your target that, while it'd be awesome to get there asap, it's the home stretch now and you can afford to slow down and enjoy yourself. Like hubby said, you're maintaining all your fantastic work so far, and you should relish in the fact that it's just another 8lb! Yay!
And, cosign all the other posts... you look incredible in your new pic! xx

Why thank you for your kind words LilSos!! I appreciate it and the support does keep me going!! Whilst it's a lovely place to be being near to target, it's also very easy to muck around with it! On one hand it's great that I'm maintaining the hard work, and at times very slowly working my way towards T, but I really do want to get there now, stop paying each week and be 'That number' (10st 10lb) that has been imprinted in my brain since 26th October 2009!! Then I'll be able to afford to hover around that weight instead of doing it 8lb too early!! So I need all the motivation I can get now to 'get the job done' once and for all!!X Hence throwing in some red days to see if that helps!! Well done LilSos, you are doing extraordinarily well yourself!!!X

Week 86- Day 3 (Thurs)- Red day- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3 egg smoked salmon omlette.

Work break 1- A pear, some strawberries, a rhubarb Mullerlight and a Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb1).

Work break 2- Steak and salad- strips of rump steak (cooked last night) with free salad- mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, beetroot. XL salad cream (1 syn). Tiny drizzle French dressing (1 syn). A wholemeal pitta bread (6 syns). Some strawberries.

Work break 3- Quorn Italian style balls (from frozen) with tinned chopped tomatoes, red onion, courgette, red pepper, chilli, dried herbs, fresh basil. With 100g cooked wholewheat pasta (HEXb2).
At home- A little more steak and some salad (left over from work food). Some low fat cottage cheese (plain).

Skimmed and semi-skimmed milk in cups of tea and coffee (nearly a HEXa).

Total syns 8.

Last edited:
As always YUM YUM PIGS BUM to your diary!!! Your a girl after my heart!!! xx

What, a greedy scoffer?!?!! LOL!! Coz that's what I am!! Hey, just noticed, both got 8lb left!! Race ya?!! (Although I know you'll do it first as after your gain you're going to have a massive loss!!)XXX

You will have a good loss this week - I'm sure of it! Keep up the water intake as well :)

Hi Meli hun!! Hope you're OK! I haven't visited your diary for a while so I'm just about to go there!! Well I'm hoping for a good loss after a 2lb gain on Monday, but I have a wedding to go to tomorrow! I won't be drinking but it's always a bit scary when things are totally out of your control isn't it!! Whatever the food is I plan to have the healthiest bits of it (without letting myself go hungry!) and no pudding if the only option is a bad one!! Wedding bore?!! Noop, just bored of not being at target yet lol!!! Hope you're doing OK chicklet X

What, a greedy scoffer?!?!! LOL!! Coz that's what I am!! Hey, just noticed, both got 8lb left!! Race ya?!! (Although I know you'll do it first as after your gain you're going to have a massive loss!!)XXX

Yep 8lb to get back to my target!!

Im happy for a race, could do with the motivation!! Ive been a bit pants!! xx

Curls you are looking super gorgeous in your new pic. You must be so pleased with yourself!

I know these last 1lbs to target are harder to shift but as Sausage says you are on the home stretch and can afford a bit of up and down. You must feel amazing though and still easting plenty of yummy food - you know how I like my food too ;-)

How's everything else going lovely? Sorry I haven't been visiting for a bit. x

Week 86- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Went to a wedding today so a little off plan!! But will try and tot up the syns anyway!!

Breakfast- 2 egg red onion, red pepper and courgette omlette and 3 Weight Watchers sausages (1.5 syns). Heinz BBQ sauce (1.5 syns).

Snack- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb). A banana.

On the way to wedding (2pm) had to stop at the bank. DH popped into the chippy to get 'a fishcake' to tide him over until wedding food later! When I went to meet him he was sitting in the restaurant part of the chippy with a roast turkey dinner for each of us!! Wearing my wedding attire I felt like a right ninny!!! Plus didn't really need the food!!!!! MEN!!! Anyway, I ate 1/2 the dinner!! Roast turkey, cabbage, carrots and peas, 2 roast potatoes (4 syns), 1/2 small yorkshire pudding (3 syns), mini stuffing ball (?2 syns) and some gravy (?3 syns)!!

Wedding food- Entrees approx 10 syns. Small champagne flute of rose wine (?3 syns). BBQ style buffet- slice of beef, slice of turkey, bit of salmon, king prawn skewer, monkfish skewer. Salad. Small amount of wholemeal bread (? 6 syns). Dessert- Small tiramisu (yum yum- ? 10 syns- not a large amount- just right!)

Total syns approx 46!! Flexisyn day me thinks!! But could have been worse at a wedding I reckon so not going to beat myself up about it (until Monday's WI at least haha!!)

Week 86- Day 5 (Sat)- Red day- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Breakfast- 3 satsumas. A chocolate orange Alpen Light (1/2 HEXb1).

Lunch- 3 -egg red onion, mushroom and spinach omlette with 28g cheddar (HEXa1). Small forest fruits Activia fat free yogurt. Another choc orange Alpen Light (1/2 HEXb1).

Tea before work- Slices of freshly roasted beef joint (from rolled topside). A few cherries and a few strawberries. A cherry Activia fat free Snackpot.

Work food- Pack of Asda tandoori chicken fillets (0.5 syns) with Asda wholemeal pitta (HEXb2) and free salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, red onion. A little honey/mustard dressing (1 syn) and xl salad cream (2 syns). A comice pear. Orange/choc sprinkles Mullerlight.

2 fizzy sweets (2 syns) and 3 chocolate buttons (1 syn).

Milk in tea (part HEXa2).

Total syns 6.5.

Last edited:
Week 86- Day 6 (Sun)- Red day- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Early morning in work- Cherries, strawberries and 3 satsumas.

At home before bed- 2 Frylighted eggs on 2 slices wholemeal Nimble toast (HEXb1). Heinz BBQ sauce (1 syn).

On waking up- A slice of cold roast beef. - 28g porridge (HEXb2) made with 75ml of skimmed milk (3/14!! HEXa1!) and 75ml water. With sliced banana and blueberries.

Work food- Pack of Asda tandoori chicken fillets (0.5 syns) and free salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, red onion. A little honey/mustard dressing (1 syn) and xl salad cream (2 syns). Activia fat free cherry Snackpot. Strawberries and cherries.

Friend Debbie's fairy cake (pretty small- est. 10 syns).

Milk in coffee (Part HEXa).

Total syns 14.5

Last edited:
Week 86- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off/sleep day.

Early morning in work- Spicy Sweet & Sour Mugshot.

At home- 2 satsumas. Some strawberries and some cherries.

On waking up- 28g porridge (HEXb) with 75ml skimmed milk (3/14 HEXa!!!) and 75ml water. Sliced banana and blueberries.

After WI- Toby carvery- say no more- basically had the works followed by a honeycomb sundae!!!

Forget the syns, a new week starts tomorrow!!!!!

Last edited:
von82 said:
I'm loving your posts :D

I work night shifts all the time and i find it very difficult not to snack on crisps as i work in a bar where we have many varieties of them lol.. Any ideas what crisps are the lowest in syns if any??

Hi Von, thanks 4 the thumbs up! Nights suck sometimes don't they! Must be hard with all those snacks surrounding you! It's a challenge for me too as we have a constant flow of chocolates and biccies as thank yous from patients and rellies! On top of that my colleagues see nights as a chance to 'treat us' and supply us with homemade cakes, bags of sweets, pringles, even cheese and crackers! (i used to be one such culprit supplier- these days I supply fruit!) Its very tempting to graze on all these things especially when blood sugars take a natural nose dive at 3-5am, but what I have to keep reminding myself is that such practices got me to my fattest in the first place!! So I mainly steer clear unless I know I can afford it, for example I built in a small fairy cake last night! About crisps, you can have a packet of Ryvita Minis as a HEXb choice which I think are lovely, otherwise have you tried Velvet Crunch crisps? They're good for 4.5 syns! I don't think I've ever discovered a packet of crisps less than 4.5 syns (90 cals) XxX

Back