FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

well done you.great feeling isint it.i done the same this afternoon was sat in beer garden with the family and theyn all had very yummy looking burger and chips and i didnt have any,puts me on a right high.
your cous cous sounds lovely might give it a go,was it nice x

Hiya hun, yep it was a lovely feeling! Although not nice having that battle inside my head at the time, I was so glad when we drove away from the place where we had lunch and there was no going back and saying "actually, you know that pudding I've paid for...." !! Yes the couscous was lovely!! I've done it a few times before using bulgar wheat instead but they're both very nice! Try it! What I like about it is that it's something a bit different! The pomegranate's a bu*ger to deseed though!!!X

How do you deseed your pomegranite?
The Spanish chop it in half and and then hit it hard a few times and the seeds come out much easier and with less pith on them.

Pommette said:
How do you deseed your pomegranite?
The Spanish chop it in half and and then hit it hard a few times and the seeds come out much easier and with less pith on them.

Ooh thanks for the tip! I will try that next time! I cut mine in half, snap pieces off and flick them off into a bowl, kind of bending the piece about to discover hidden pockets of jewels!

Week 88- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- A banana and some strawberries.

Lunch- Frylighted turkey breast with cajun spices, fruity couscous (see yest) and salad (mixed leaves, rocket, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, balsamic vinegar).

Before WI- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

After WI- 2 turkey breasts with cajun spices (I know, I know, change the record I hear you cry...!) with steamed asparagus and vermicelli pasta with green pesto (4 syns for tbspn). Some strawberries with Tesco Chocolatino icecream (12 syns) and light squirty cream (2.5 syns)- My celebratory post WI treat!

Skimmed milk in cups of tea (part HEXa).
Total syns 18.5

Last edited:
Well done you for kicking that dessert to the kerb!!! :happy096: That is SOME willpower you have there Hevs!!! As slimmers the battles we have to go through in our heads are sometimes so difficult - but when you win the battle and walk away feeling victorious it feels sooooo good!

I really hope you are rewarded at weigh in! GOOD LUCK x x

Well done you for kicking that dessert to the kerb!!! :happy096: That is SOME willpower you have there Hevs!!! As slimmers the battles we have to go through in our heads are sometimes so difficult - but when you win the battle and walk away feeling victorious it feels sooooo good!

I really hope you are rewarded at weigh in! GOOD LUCK x x

Thanks Kat me luv!! You are sooo right! That little angel on one shoulder telling us to do one thing and the little devil on the other saying the opposite!! It's very hard especially when we're not always feeling positive and strong in ourselves!! It does feel amazing when the angel wins, so WHY OH WHY do we give into the devil far too often when we know how bad it makes us feel after the event?!!!! Thanks for your words of encouragement! I would LOVE a loss tonight but something tells me it's not going to be big enough to take me to my lowest weight yet which I would need to lose 3.5lb for!! No way!! Hope all is well with you hun XXX

I am so elated to be reporting a 3lb loss this week!! I'm happy because I feel that I'm making progress again rather than just treading water! Although I was this (my lowest) weight a few weeks ago before a couple of dodgy weeks, just knowing that I'm 6lb from target and REALLY wanting to get there is keeping me really positive and motivated!! All the good behaviour this week and resisting a couple of things that could well have jeapordised my result has paid off and it's soooo lovely when we're rewarded fairly!! I have a couple of obstacles this week but I'm determined to work around them and tackle them!!

Obstacle 1- Out for lunch Thursday to Cosmo (Asian buffet- DELICIOUS and DANGEROUS!!) I have come unstuck here several times as when I see all the delights staring at me it's sooo hard to be disciplined and avoid certain things! PLAN- to have a good breakfast (omlette) before I go so I won't be starvin' Marvin when I get there! I will concentrate on all the healthy options and avoid the unhealthy ones! I will also avoid the puddings! I am determined to prove that I can go there, enjoy it and still lose weight, because it's officially one of my favourite places!!

Obstacle 2- Sunday is open gardens day in my village (a charity event where people with lovely gardens- not me!!- open them for the public to wander around!) It's a great day but there is a lot of lovely cake and nibbles along the way! PLAN- to have a good lunch before I start (it doesn't start until 1pm) and treat myself to 1 slice of cake which I will have saved up some syns for all week long!! And I will enjoy it guilt-free and still have a good chance of losing next Mon!!

Let's see if the plan works! It's easy to have good intentions right now whilst in a good mood after a great WI result, but I hope my determination keeps going throughout the week!!!

That little angel on one shoulder telling us to do one thing and the little devil on the other saying the opposite!! . . . so WHY OH WHY do we give into the devil far too often when we know how bad it makes us feel after the event?!!!!
:devilangel:Because there's a bit of this in all of us!
And we all like our food. Why else would we be here?
. . . I would LOVE a loss tonight but something tells me it's not going to be big enough to take me to my lowest weight yet which I would need to lose 3.5lb for!!

I am so elated to be reporting a 3lb loss this week!!
Well, well, well. And you said you weren't hopeful?
Well done Heather. Blumin' Fantastic.
Lets see if your example gives us all some inspiration as I think there are a few of us also treading water. I've done just 1 lb in 4 weeks!

Because I've done just 1 lb in 4 weeks!

Thanks Bev!! It does feel fantabuloso!! I'm chuffed that people might be inspired by me this week!!:flirt2: However, if you feel that 1lb in 4 weeks is slow, you may feel encouraged (and quite human) to know that the week before Christmas I was 11st 6.5lb, so it has taken me 28 weeks to lose 4.5lb!! I have basically been treading water for 6 months! But my hubby put a positive slant on it for me by pointing out that I have not only lost some since Christmas(!) but I have proved that I can maintain the weight I've lost over the past 20 months! So there's no race, and it's not about if we get there, it's about when we get there and for how long we stay there (which I hope will be for ever!!!)X

However, if you feel that 1lb in 4 weeks is slow, you may feel encouraged (and quite human) to know that the week before Christmas I was 11st 6.5lb, so it has taken me 28 weeks to lose 4.5lb!! I have basically been treading water for 6 months!
That makes me feel better now! So thank you for that. However, I suspect you've been stuck because you are so close to target!
But my hubby put a positive slant on it for me by pointing out that I have not only lost some since Christmas(!) but I have proved that I can maintain the weight I've lost over the past 20 months! So there's no race, and it's not about if we get there, it's about when we get there and for how long we stay there (which I hope will be for ever!!!)X
I like your hubby! he is absolutely right of course so say a thank you to him from me. It puts it all in perspective.

Week 89- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Annual leave.

Breakfast- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (2.5 syns) and a sliced banana.

Lunch- 3-egg red onion, orange pepper and cherry tomato omlette with 28g cheddar (HEXa). With 1 small turkey steak with cajun spices. 1 tbspn Heinz BBQ sauce (1 syn). Strawberries and cherries. A small pot of Activia forest fruits fat free yogurt.

Tea- Salmon fillet (pan fried with Frylight) with sweet chilli glaze (2 syns), stirfried vegetables (from Co-op pack) and chicken & mushroom Pasta n Sauce!! OK confession time, I was going to do SW chips but discovered my potatoes had gone WELL past their best so had to find an alternative in a panic and a hurry (getting ready for choir practice!!) It may appear not to go with salmon, but it was curiously very tasty indeed!!

Late evening after choir- 8 milk chocolate Mikados (4 syns).

Skimmed milk in 2 cups of tea and 2 cups of coffee (2 syns).

Total syns 11.5.

Last edited:
That makes me feel better now! So thank you for that. However, I suspect you've been stuck because you are so close to target!

I like your hubby! he is absolutely right of course so say a thank you to him from me. It puts it all in perspective.

Well I suppose it's partly because I'm close to target that it's getting harder to lose the last 1/2 stone or so, but if I'm honest it's because I've relaxed a bit too much and allowed myself too many treats- too many to keep losing satisfactory amounts but not enough to be gaining, so striking a happy medium! But it's NOT a happy medium because I'm not totally content yet, but content enough not to have the desperation that I had to lose weight when I was in the 15 stone, 14 stone, 13 stone and 12 stone brackets!! Does that make sense?! In other words, I'm sort of happy(ish) the way I am, but too stubborn to call it a day because I HAVE to see that number - 10st 10lb that I dreamed of (at the time a distant dream) when I first stepped on those scales on October 26th 2009!! I'm like a dog with a bone- one whose owner wins sometimes and prises it out of my mouth but one that always manages to regain posession of it!! I WILL DO IT AND I WON'T GIVE UP!!

Back to what the hubster said, it does make total sense! And as frustrating my journey has been at times, looking back I'm glad I've done it this way because it's given my body time to adjust bit by bit and given my head time to absorb new habits and approaches towards food and the concept of moderation! Others may disagree but I can't see how one can shed huge amounts of weight week on week, get to target in a very short space of time and have taken onboard the habits and tools to enable them to keep it off long-term! Controversial maybe, envious perhaps(!!), but I think it takes a great deal of deprivation and an unhealthy level of self-discipline to do it and it's not human nature to keep up such habits for life!
Time to leap off the soap-box and leave you alone!! Once I get going there's not stopping me!! I find the whole food psychology thing fascinating!! It's certainly been a learning curve and I'm enjoying every minute!X

Last edited:
Wise words Heather - and I'm totally, 100% with you. It's taken me 4½ years to get this far! Losing it slowly for me means 2 things:
1) I do SW in my sleep, I don't have to think about what I eat, and I proved I could maintain - for over 2 years when I had a bit of a pause!
2) It's given my body a chance to get used to it too! My BMI was a tad higher than yours and I started at 16½ st. The skin has had time to adjust - mostly, although my bingo wings are giving me cause for concern and I don't want to go down the surgery route. Can't afford it for one thing and it scares me witless for another.

I have seen so many people lose weight quickly to just put it all, and more in a lot of cases, back on again. Some of the diets so mess around with people's heads that it frightens me.

Me off my soap box too!

gonnabesmall said:
me again hev ,have you any photos of when you 1st started? would be nice to see how far youve come .you look amazing in your avater

Well I have some sitting down ones but I hate them so much I'm embarrassed to put them up! I hate photos of myself now, but at least they're bearable and I don't cringe too much at my size now! I may pluck up the courage at some point! Thanks so much for the compliment! It means a lot XXX

aaw,you should be proud to show yourself off honey,perhaps if you put them up you might think WOW look at me.i look at my big pics when i was 15.5 stone and i was ashamed of myself for letting myself go that far,but now i feel proud of myself that ive done it...doing it,lol .you do look amazing beleive me.youve done amazingly well babe.wish i was there with you,

GO ON , GET THE PICS UP,YOUR AMAZING xxxxx

aaw,you should be proud to show yourself off honey,perhaps if you put them up you might think WOW look at me.i look at my big pics when i was 15.5 stone and i was ashamed of myself for letting myself go that far,but now i feel proud of myself that ive done it...doing it,lol .you do look amazing beleive me.youve done amazingly well babe.wish i was there with you,

GO ON , GET THE PICS UP,YOUR AMAZING xxxxx

I will get around to it at some point I promise!! Thank you so much again!! You're certainly good for my self esteem lol!!:p Not good at taking compliments me!!! :sigh: I AM proud of myself for getting this far and changing my ways for good (at least that's the plan;)!) but the self-critic is always lurking unfortunately!! You say you wish you were there, well keep up your enthusiasm, and let's face it you really really want this, and you'll be there very soon!! You know what to do, you have the tools to do it, so what's stopping you?! Maybe write a list of all the reasons you want to do it and a list of all the things that are stopping you!! You'll be surprised at how long the list of positives is!!!XXXX

Back